• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:33
CEST 06:33
KST 13:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7540 users

General Discussion - Page 4227

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 31 2013 07:12 GMT
#84521
Kids, I ate all the candy.
Moderator
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
October 31 2013 07:24 GMT
#84522
http://www.dotacinema.com/news/risingstars-and-vici-make-roster-changes

DotACinema says that Sylar moves to VG as tutu leaves and Meracle- takes his place!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
sandyph
Profile Joined September 2010
Indonesia1640 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 07:27:32
October 31 2013 07:24 GMT
#84523
Sylar going to VG, replaced by Meracle, RIP seadoto

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/25801-meracle-replaces-sylar-in-rstars-sylar-to-vici-gaming

wow, ninjaed :D
Put quote here for readability
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
October 31 2013 07:29 GMT
#84524
On October 31 2013 14:44 Caesarion wrote:
So, will Meracle be playing today?


This guy was a couple of hours ahead of all of you in WPC thread, I thought I must have missed the discussion in GD so didn't bother to post it (always irks me seeing something posted that was on the previous page).
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 31 2013 09:22 GMT
#84525
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.
For the Swarm!
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 31 2013 09:37 GMT
#84526
On October 31 2013 18:22 Raidern wrote:
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.


Any reason you don't want to use OBS?
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 31 2013 09:47 GMT
#84527
so rstars got worse, vg a little better, both still arent good
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 12:07:17
October 31 2013 11:02 GMT
#84528
On October 31 2013 18:22 Raidern wrote:
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.


You don't need to use any commands inside Dota if you're using a screen capture software such as Fraps.

*Only condition I can think of where you would use commands is if you wanted to hide UI elements, but a few of the commands are outdated and no longer work.
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
October 31 2013 13:48 GMT
#84529
On October 31 2013 18:22 Raidern wrote:
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.


If you want to stream, just use OBS. It can capture screen without doing anything special.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
makmeatt
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
2024 Posts
October 31 2013 14:09 GMT
#84530
On October 31 2013 22:48 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 18:22 Raidern wrote:
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.


If you want to stream, just use OBS. It can capture screen without doing anything special.

And it can capture audio/video to a file, so you can use it for recording short unedited clips if you want.
"Silver Edge can't break my hope" - Kryptt 2016 || "Chrono is not a debuff, you just get rekt" - Guru 2016
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 31 2013 14:31 GMT
#84531
On October 31 2013 22:48 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 18:22 Raidern wrote:
Can anyone link me to a tutorial that explains how to capture my screen while i'm playing dota? I know camtasia and fraps do it but apparently there are some commands that I need to use in the console or something and it seemd a little complicated.


If you want to stream, just use OBS. It can capture screen without doing anything special.

OBS is ridiculously good considering its ridiculously free.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
October 31 2013 15:17 GMT
#84532
Yeah I can actually stream with OBS on my laptop
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 31 2013 15:50 GMT
#84533
well i guess we can hope for a big frostivus event :s
:)
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 31 2013 15:57 GMT
#84534
On November 01 2013 00:17 ahswtini wrote:
Yeah I can actually stream with OBS on my laptop


What kinda upload speed do you use and what quality do you get out of it? I was thinking of streaming myself but I heard you need a pretty strong upload for any quality worth streaming.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Spyisaspy
Profile Joined August 2013
United States183 Posts
October 31 2013 15:59 GMT
#84535
On November 01 2013 00:50 synapse wrote:
well i guess we can hope for a big frostivus event :s

We got some time left for tonight over here in america (I hope)
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
October 31 2013 16:07 GMT
#84536
Do people honestly think Valve would skip out on a Halloween event this year for Dota?

Have faith.
Incze
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Romania2058 Posts
October 31 2013 16:27 GMT
#84537
Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.

Shamelessly stealing a reddit comment
Religion: Buckethead
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 31 2013 16:31 GMT
#84538
On November 01 2013 00:57 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 00:17 ahswtini wrote:
Yeah I can actually stream with OBS on my laptop


What kinda upload speed do you use and what quality do you get out of it? I was thinking of streaming myself but I heard you need a pretty strong upload for any quality worth streaming.


You need a minimum of 5mbs upload for a stream that's worth watching imo, you can get away with lower if you are extremely entertaining to watch or have a fan base already but for a quality stream 5 is minimum. 20up 5down is a starting point.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
October 31 2013 16:47 GMT
#84539
On November 01 2013 00:57 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 00:17 ahswtini wrote:
Yeah I can actually stream with OBS on my laptop


What kinda upload speed do you use and what quality do you get out of it? I was thinking of streaming myself but I heard you need a pretty strong upload for any quality worth streaming.

I've got an upload bandwidth of 10mbps, but I set my stream settings to like 1.5 I think
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
October 31 2013 16:48 GMT
#84540
To be honest I found diretide and forstivus really bad, I played 2 games of each. It was enough. I'd prefer some real custom maps like pudge wars.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Prev 1 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 208
ProTech128
Nina 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2093
Shuttle 991
Snow 100
Dewaltoss 63
Bale 40
Noble 38
Hm[arnc] 23
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm157
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1131
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor595
Other Games
summit1g8426
JimRising 653
C9.Mang0314
PiGStarcraft307
Mew2King208
ArmadaUGS54
ViBE48
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 22
• Response 14
• Letter145
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2340
League of Legends
• Lourlo1078
• Rush777
• Stunt265
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 27m
OSC
17h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.