• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8196 users

General Discussion - Page 4228

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
tehredbanditt
Profile Joined July 2010
103 Posts
October 31 2013 16:55 GMT
#84541
Has anyone else noticed a drop in quality of games found through the MMR system? Just to preface, before dotabuff got shut down I was in the 99 percentile. 'Very High MMR'. It seems a few months ago the games were just better. I do solo que a vast majority of the time, but it was not always this horrible. I'm also willing to come to terms with the fact that maybe I'm not as good as before, or my patience is running more thin these days. Who knows, that's why I'm asking ya'll.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 31 2013 17:17 GMT
#84542
Eh, there are always strings of bad games. The good games come, just keep playing.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 17:29:23
October 31 2013 17:28 GMT
#84543
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Yacobs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States846 Posts
October 31 2013 17:32 GMT
#84544
On November 01 2013 02:28 Pokebunny wrote:
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late


It's a lose-lose. USW you'll have your team speaking Chinese, USE you'll have your team speaking Portuguese. It seems to me like these two groups make up at least 50% of the US playing population. I always ask them to speak English considering they're using US servers but sometimes they won't listen.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 17:33:15
October 31 2013 17:32 GMT
#84545
For the last 3 days the USE server has been broken for me. I live in Arizona and normally ping 100-120 on USE but this week I've been pinging 160-330 with lag spikes etc. So random, so annoying. it's taking my fun away guys.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 17:34:45
October 31 2013 17:33 GMT
#84546
I only queue USE and I have noticed a huge increase of chinese people lately in my experience as well.
You are going to find a ton of people who dont speak english on both servers, so I guess pick your poison
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
October 31 2013 17:40 GMT
#84547
On November 01 2013 01:55 tehredbanditt wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a drop in quality of games found through the MMR system? Just to preface, before dotabuff got shut down I was in the 99 percentile. 'Very High MMR'. It seems a few months ago the games were just better. I do solo que a vast majority of the time, but it was not always this horrible. I'm also willing to come to terms with the fact that maybe I'm not as good as before, or my patience is running more thin these days. Who knows, that's why I'm asking ya'll.


I feel the same exact way, man. I was 98 in DBR. I used to queue into games where you can tell everyone know what they were doing. I didn't play much until after TI3 and since then the games haven't been the same. Team picks actually made sense and when there's one more person picking I actually get nervous now because instead of picking the logical off laner we need, they'll pick some kind of carry. I may have decayed if that exists, but when I solo queue I don't enjoy it like I used to.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
October 31 2013 17:41 GMT
#84548
I heard a lot of servers outside of US and EU sucked. As in, South America's server was so bad that Brazilians got better pings on USE. I figure those servers are better now, but some people probably never give the servers they belong in another chance.

Some of it's inexcusable though. Like, what the hell is an Eastern European doing on USW?
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 31 2013 17:41 GMT
#84549
Nope, matchmaking quality is still the same

I do however have had some server problems once or twice these past few days.
WriterXiao8~~
Spyisaspy
Profile Joined August 2013
United States183 Posts
October 31 2013 17:43 GMT
#84550
On November 01 2013 02:41 LoLAdriankat wrote:
I heard a lot of servers outside of US and EU sucked. As in, South America's server was so bad that Brazilians got better pings on USE. I figure those servers are better now, but some people probably never give the servers they belong in another chance.

Some of it's inexcusable though. Like, what the hell is an Eastern European doing on USW?

volvo fix this shit pls
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
October 31 2013 17:50 GMT
#84551
On November 01 2013 02:41 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Some of it's inexcusable though. Like, what the hell is an Eastern European doing on USW?

Providing you with some friendly love
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
October 31 2013 17:51 GMT
#84552
On November 01 2013 02:41 LoLAdriankat wrote:
I heard a lot of servers outside of US and EU sucked. As in, South America's server was so bad that Brazilians got better pings on USE. I figure those servers are better now, but some people probably never give the servers they belong in another chance.

Some of it's inexcusable though. Like, what the hell is an Eastern European doing on USW?

Brazillians don't get bad ping in SA, that's why you don't see them in USE often at all anymore. The issue is that the SA server is located in Brazil and other South American countries route their traffic through the US or something and they do get terrible pings. The servers themselfs work reasonably well right now, they have issues here and there, like USE has, only perhaps more often, but the real issue is how south american ISPs route their traffic to the brazillian servers.

Of course Valve could ditch all their current servers and try to find some that work well with the rest of South America, they do exist, but that's not really something I would expect in the short term.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
October 31 2013 17:54 GMT
#84553
On November 01 2013 02:41 Kipsate wrote:
Nope, matchmaking quality is still the same

I do however have had some server problems once or twice these past few days.

Yours might be, mine is worse. I'm running into guys who are playing a hero for the first time, or who are unaware of simple mechanics. I don't like to sound whiny and shit, but I gotta agree, matchmaking isn't working out that great right now, at least for me. I won a game a couple days ago as jungle magnus - that wouldn't have been even close to doable a couple months ago, but vs the idiots I'm playing right now, stuff like that is legit. It's sad and annoying and not terribly fun.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 31 2013 17:54 GMT
#84554
On November 01 2013 02:28 Pokebunny wrote:
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late

A lot of them aren't full-on Chinese stacks, but are stacks with Chinese players living in the USA/Canada. Not outrageous at all.
Moderator
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 31 2013 17:56 GMT
#84555
For example Yango queues with his name as a bunch of chinese (?) characters. Presumably on US servers.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
October 31 2013 17:56 GMT
#84556
On November 01 2013 02:54 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 02:28 Pokebunny wrote:
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late

A lot of them aren't full-on Chinese stacks, but are stacks with Chinese players living in the USA/Canada. Not outrageous at all.

I was wondering about this.

Chinese players going to university in the US probably?
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
October 31 2013 17:57 GMT
#84557
We've had people complaing about the matchmaking getting worse since basically the start of the beta. It's either in a downward spiral that should have gotten below complete shit at this point, or people have selective memory and only complain when they are on a bad streak. The expected outcome is that some people are getting worse games, some people are getting better games and some people don't notice a diferent. Plus it is far easier to feel it's getting worse even when it's actually the same than the opposite. It would be surprising if noone thought the matchmaking got worse in the recent months, but that doesn't mean it actually has.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:01:20
October 31 2013 17:59 GMT
#84558
On November 01 2013 02:56 Sn0_Man wrote:
For example Yango queues with his name as a bunch of chinese (?) characters. Presumably on US servers.

Well I also still type in English in my games, so I assume that's not what he's referring to.

On November 01 2013 02:56 Comeh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 02:54 TheYango wrote:
On November 01 2013 02:28 Pokebunny wrote:
Is there a reason that USW is infested with Chinese players past ~8pm PST? Don't they have their own server? Gonna have to start queueing USE only at night, but that makes it take so long when it's late

A lot of them aren't full-on Chinese stacks, but are stacks with Chinese players living in the USA/Canada. Not outrageous at all.

I was wondering about this.

Chinese players going to university in the US probably?

And in Canada.

One of the stacks I went against once asked if I went to UBC, for example.
Moderator
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 18:02:18
October 31 2013 18:01 GMT
#84559
Iv actually been stacking with a guy in my animation class who came to university from china.
I guess im part of the problem lol
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
October 31 2013 18:03 GMT
#84560
On November 01 2013 02:57 SKC wrote:
We've had people complaing about the matchmaking getting worse since basically the start of the beta. It's either in a downward spiral that should have gotten below complete shit at this point, or people have selective memory and only complain when they are on a bad streak. The expected outcome is that some people are getting worse games, some people are getting better games and some people don't notice a diferent. Plus it is far easier to feel it's getting worse even when it's actually the same than the opposite. It would be surprising if noone thought the matchmaking got worse in the recent months, but that doesn't mean it actually has.

Yeah. MM is fine for me. Sometimes I feel the people complaining about MM are the same who complain about foreign speakers, no concede option, not enough updates, blabla all the usual whine.

Just go play another game for a while. Come back when it has changed or try other games. Dota 2 is a great game as it is but if you expect it to be the next coming than obviously you will be disappointed.
Prev 1 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
Shuttle 1015
Dewaltoss 74
Hm[arnc] 38
Bale 31
Noble 30
ZergMaN 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor634
Other Games
summit1g7556
PiGStarcraft294
C9.Mang0279
Mew2King158
RuFF_SC268
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Rush1090
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 43m
OSC
16h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.