• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:37
CEST 03:37
KST 10:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

General Discussion - Page 4223

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
October 30 2013 17:27 GMT
#84441
Is it worth having a smoother experience at a 4:3 resolution? :s Like, the difference in stuff I can see is enormous.
I appreciate the help btw. I did google some stuff but no real solutions.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
dfs
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Russian Federation4050 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 17:30:21
October 30 2013 17:29 GMT
#84442
On October 31 2013 02:27 Clarity_nl wrote:
Is it worth having a smoother experience at a 4:3 resolution? :s Like, the difference in stuff I can see is enormous.
I appreciate the help btw. I did google some stuff but no real solutions.

16 : 9 is superior to 4:3. The wider field of view is pretty usefull. I myself have a 4:3 monitor but play in 16 : 9 aspect ratio. Everything is much smaller, but it is worth it.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/Q1jSb9X.jpg (c) Shiro; http://i.imgur.com/lSDLLKb.png (c) drav
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 17:42:25
October 30 2013 17:35 GMT
#84443
To be frank, I feel that it takes a while to become accustomed to using widescreen aspect ratios coming from someone who's been used to playing games by 4:3.

I play somewhat close to the monitor so I feel like I have to move my eyes around the screen to assess information in comparison.

Actually I take that back. I fully believe that this stuff about comfort, monitor preference and so on actually matters even though it may seem minuscule.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
October 30 2013 17:37 GMT
#84444
On October 31 2013 02:29 dfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:27 Clarity_nl wrote:
Is it worth having a smoother experience at a 4:3 resolution? :s Like, the difference in stuff I can see is enormous.
I appreciate the help btw. I did google some stuff but no real solutions.

16 : 9 is superior to 4:3. The wider field of view is pretty usefull. I myself have a 4:3 monitor but play in 16 : 9 aspect ratio. Everything is much smaller, but it is worth it.


Right, I agree, but my poor laptop isn't too happy with 1920x1080
I can't seem to force any lower 16 : 9 resolutions.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 18:47:28
October 30 2013 18:47 GMT
#84445
On October 31 2013 02:37 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 02:29 dfs wrote:
On October 31 2013 02:27 Clarity_nl wrote:
Is it worth having a smoother experience at a 4:3 resolution? :s Like, the difference in stuff I can see is enormous.
I appreciate the help btw. I did google some stuff but no real solutions.

16 : 9 is superior to 4:3. The wider field of view is pretty usefull. I myself have a 4:3 monitor but play in 16 : 9 aspect ratio. Everything is much smaller, but it is worth it.


Right, I agree, but my poor laptop isn't too happy with 1920x1080
I can't seem to force any lower 16 : 9 resolutions.

I'm playing 16 : 9 at lower resolutions...not sure why you can't change it.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
October 30 2013 18:57 GMT
#84446
Are you in borderless windowed mode?
And what happens if you change your normal desktop resolution
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 20:17:40
October 30 2013 20:13 GMT
#84447
On October 31 2013 03:57 Yoshi- wrote:
Are you in borderless windowed mode?
And what happens if you change your normal desktop resolution


I am in fullscreen mode. I have changed it to borderless windowed though, to check, and still gives me no other options than 1920x1080 at 16
I'll try changing my desktop res now and see if that changes anything.

edit: no changes in options or my framerate when lowering desktop res. I've also disabled my secondary screen and completely disconnected it (I turn it off when I play anyway)
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Darkren
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1841 Posts
October 30 2013 20:26 GMT
#84448
\

130 kills

Dendi hooks

Dread dunk

this has to be posted
"Yeah, I send (hopefully) helpful PM's quite frequently. You don't have to warn/ban everything" - KadaverBB
Fatalize
Profile Joined January 2011
France5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 20:28:21
October 30 2013 20:28 GMT
#84449
They seriously should reconsider the gold redistribution when someone leaves

It's easier to win 4v5 than 5v5 in a pub with this when you have any carry at all
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
October 30 2013 20:51 GMT
#84450
diretide please
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 30 2013 20:56 GMT
#84451
On October 31 2013 05:28 Fatalize wrote:
They seriously should reconsider the gold redistribution when someone leaves

It's easier to win 4v5 than 5v5 in a pub with this when you have any carry at all

What? Are you serious? Playing with a DC'd player is a huge disadvantage, you very rarely see a team win 4v5.
super gg
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 30 2013 20:56 GMT
#84452
On October 31 2013 05:28 Fatalize wrote:
They seriously should reconsider the gold redistribution when someone leaves

It's easier to win 4v5 than 5v5 in a pub with this when you have any carry at all

On October 28 2013 23:24 Fatalize wrote:
I wish they would get rid of this extra gold/minute the team get when they have a leaver

It's fucking easier to win a pub 4v5 than 5v5 with this when you have carries

We got you the first time. If you're going to make bitching about this repeatedly a thing, take it to the QQ thread.
Moderator
Fatalize
Profile Joined January 2011
France5210 Posts
October 30 2013 21:03 GMT
#84453
On October 31 2013 05:56 cecek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 05:28 Fatalize wrote:
They seriously should reconsider the gold redistribution when someone leaves

It's easier to win 4v5 than 5v5 in a pub with this when you have any carry at all

What? Are you serious? Playing with a DC'd player is a huge disadvantage, you very rarely see a team win 4v5.

LOL

i've won more 4v5 than i've lost them. When you have 1-2 carries and that huge gold boost you cant lose unless they have a full splitpush lineup or you're bad
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
October 30 2013 21:30 GMT
#84454
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1pk9wt/oh_lord_gaben_why_have_you_forsaken_me/

lol reddit
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
October 30 2013 21:38 GMT
#84455
I think they want diretide.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 21:41:48
October 30 2013 21:41 GMT
#84456
On October 31 2013 05:28 Fatalize wrote:
They seriously should reconsider the gold redistribution when someone leaves

It's easier to win 4v5 than 5v5 in a pub with this when you have any carry at all

You lose 4v5 on daily basis?
Nisyax
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Netherlands756 Posts
October 30 2013 21:43 GMT
#84457
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE

Oh, wait wrong place on the internet.
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 21:48:46
October 30 2013 21:48 GMT
#84458
http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw13/2013/10/30/asus-rog-dreamleague-casters-schedule/

Swedish production line-up is amazing. Drayich+Bogdan... and fucking slop3. SLOP3
Once you Goblak...
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 30 2013 21:49 GMT
#84459
Ted “PyrionFlax” Forsyth – Expert

LOL

Dam I'd watch Drayich though wish he was doing english.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 21:53:59
October 30 2013 21:50 GMT
#84460
On October 31 2013 06:49 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
Ted “PyrionFlax” Forsyth – Expert

LOL

Dam I'd watch Drayich though wish he was doing english.
Drayich has commentated in English on Sheevers stream many times in case you weren't aware.

http://www.tv6play.se/play/319081/

I love this clip from TI3 final winning moment with Drayich and Bogdan.
Once you Goblak...
Prev 1 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 145
RuFF_SC2 114
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Rain 2245
Artosis 570
NaDa 19
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3634
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox715
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv706
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
ViBE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 158
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP61
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv706
• Scarra578
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 23m
OSC
20h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.