• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:37
CEST 03:37
KST 10:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

General Discussion - Page 4222

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 02:30:15
October 30 2013 02:30 GMT
#84421
I almost don't want Valve to release Diretide just so I can have something to entertain me watching the shit storm over the next few weeks, but then I realize that I want to play Diretide pretty badly.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
October 30 2013 03:03 GMT
#84422
Just had a cool thing in a game.
I was Rubick; and got to steal Morph from the enemy morph around lvl 6; which let me turn all my agi into str, and hugely boosted my early/mid game survivability; since the effect is permanent.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
October 30 2013 03:19 GMT
#84423
On October 30 2013 12:03 zlefin wrote:
Just had a cool thing in a game.
I was Rubick; and got to steal Morph from the enemy morph around lvl 6; which let me turn all my agi into str, and hugely boosted my early/mid game survivability; since the effect is permanent.


you must have not watched the video where the rubick did the exact opposite and died to like 1 point sunstrikes. haha
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 30 2013 03:20 GMT
#84424
When there's a Morphling in the team you're fighting against and you're Rubick, you better make sure to steal that spell. :D

Too bad there aren't enough dedicated Morphling players
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
October 30 2013 03:33 GMT
#84425
Always go full agility. Makes it way more interesting when literally everything kills you in 3 seconds or less
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
October 30 2013 03:37 GMT
#84426
So tonight I opened my Frostvirus gifts from last year. Neat thing is, the chest pick from the current item pool so it worked out nicely. Granted, I did get a bunch of snowballs, kindlers kit, and Greevil eggs (with essences), and a bunch of Exp bonuses. I managed a few uncommons, the rare staff from skywrath which looks sexy.

I am glad I saved them (since last year, the item pool was far more boring).

Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 30 2013 03:40 GMT
#84427
On October 30 2013 12:33 Skullflower wrote:
Always go full agility. Makes it way more interesting when literally everything kills you in 3 seconds or less

i think i would have had some fun with rubick vs morphling if ethereal blast wasn't exclusive to agility like it did before.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 30 2013 05:55 GMT
#84428
Going a few pages back regarding Dendi Pudge...

What really sets him apart I think is him using Rot so perfectly to get last hits that he normally wouldn't get from just right-clicks. I've been watching him stream with Pudge and he farms so well with him. I know it seems "easy" to do this, but he does it so well, minimal self damage all the time.
Daozzt
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1263 Posts
October 30 2013 07:53 GMT
#84429
On October 30 2013 14:55 trinxified wrote:
Going a few pages back regarding Dendi Pudge...

What really sets him apart I think is him using Rot so perfectly to get last hits that he normally wouldn't get from just right-clicks. I've been watching him stream with Pudge and he farms so well with him. I know it seems "easy" to do this, but he does it so well, minimal self damage all the time.


That's what every single pudge player does.
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
October 30 2013 11:10 GMT
#84430
On October 30 2013 14:55 trinxified wrote:
Going a few pages back regarding Dendi Pudge...

What really sets him apart I think is him using Rot so perfectly to get last hits that he normally wouldn't get from just right-clicks. I've been watching him stream with Pudge and he farms so well with him. I know it seems "easy" to do this, but he does it so well, minimal self damage all the time.

It's not exactly rocket science to toggle rot when going for a last hit, increases your dmg for that last hit.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 30 2013 11:46 GMT
#84431
On October 30 2013 14:55 trinxified wrote:
Going a few pages back regarding Dendi Pudge...

What really sets him apart I think is him using Rot so perfectly to get last hits that he normally wouldn't get from just right-clicks. I've been watching him stream with Pudge and he farms so well with him. I know it seems "easy" to do this, but he does it so well, minimal self damage all the time.

I do this in the trench
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
October 30 2013 13:28 GMT
#84432
Hey guys I couldn't find a simple questions/anwers thread so I'm asking this here if that's alright.
I'm playing dota on a sub par laptop so my fps tends to hover around 30 which is manageable but it can dip into unplayable levels. The main reason for this is I'm playing on a 1920x1080 screen and I'd prefer to lower the game resolution BUT I find that I simply see less while playing when on lower resolutions. Is there any way to get the best of both worlds?
If not, does anyone have any tips on improving my framerate other than the obvious lower settings and run dota2 on high priority?

Thanks in advance <3
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 14:40:36
October 30 2013 14:37 GMT
#84433
On October 30 2013 22:28 Clarity_nl wrote:
Hey guys I couldn't find a simple questions/anwers thread so I'm asking this here if that's alright.
I'm playing dota on a sub par laptop so my fps tends to hover around 30 which is manageable but it can dip into unplayable levels. The main reason for this is I'm playing on a 1920x1080 screen and I'd prefer to lower the game resolution BUT I find that I simply see less while playing when on lower resolutions. Is there any way to get the best of both worlds?
If not, does anyone have any tips on improving my framerate other than the obvious lower settings and run dota2 on high priority?

Thanks in advance <3

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255901&currentpage=666

Here. Since you cant find. Oh i have no other tips for you. I think thats pretty much what you can do, because your not willing to lower resolution.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 14:40:06
October 30 2013 14:39 GMT
#84434
There is a SQSA thread but it's in the "Dota Strategy" subforum so here seems like a good place for you to ask.

I don't have much experience running dota on garbage settings but one tip is that there is a "render quality" slider that supposedly makes a huge difference if you drag it down. I'm guessing you already did that but that is my only tip. Other than that, run the game fullscreen (not windowed or borderless windowed or w/e), since I think that gets slightly better frames?

E: @above that isn't so much better, its a strategy topic. Let him ask here
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
October 30 2013 14:41 GMT
#84435
On October 30 2013 23:39 Sn0_Man wrote:
There is a SQSA thread but it's in the "Dota Strategy" subforum so here seems like a good place for you to ask.

I don't have much experience running dota on garbage settings but one tip is that there is a "render quality" slider that supposedly makes a huge difference if you drag it down. I'm guessing you already did that but that is my only tip. Other than that, run the game fullscreen (not windowed or borderless windowed or w/e), since I think that gets slightly better frames?

E: @above that isn't so much better, its a strategy topic. Let him ask here

Not stopping him from asking just pointing him at the SQSA thread since he says he can't find it haha.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 30 2013 14:44 GMT
#84436
BTW I'm not sure how you "see less" running at a lower resolution. You should see exactly the same amount. The only time it would be different would be when you run at different aspect ratios (16:10, 4:3, etc).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 15:22:51
October 30 2013 15:20 GMT
#84437
On October 30 2013 23:44 Sn0_Man wrote:
BTW I'm not sure how you "see less" running at a lower resolution. You should see exactly the same amount. The only time it would be different would be when you run at different aspect ratios (16:10, 4:3, etc).


Yeah I should clarify. Ì'm used to 1920x1080 which is the only 16 : 9 ratio option it gives me. Can I manually change it? I really don't know if there are other 16 : 9 resolutions that'll work :o don't know much about computers. I know how to change it manually in the video.txt though. But to what?

edit: turns out is a smiley.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 17:14:08
October 30 2013 15:25 GMT
#84438
1280x720 is a 16 resolution, that should be available in game options I would have guessed...

I know you can force resolution by setting launch options (-h 720 -w 1280) but that might only work with borderless windowed mode which comes with it's own performance price afaik.

(By launch options I mean right click the game in steam and find "set launch options" or something like that)
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
October 30 2013 17:13 GMT
#84439
When I try to force it to start at 1280x720 it starts as 1280x1024 which is 4:3 ratio TT.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 30 2013 17:15 GMT
#84440
Huh.

Well if google can't help then Iunno. Like I said I've never had this issue (and im not in front of a dota computer so I can't test or anything)
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings74
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 145
RuFF_SC2 114
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Rain 2245
Artosis 570
NaDa 19
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3634
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox715
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv706
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
ViBE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 158
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP61
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv706
• Scarra578
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 23m
OSC
20h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.