
General Discussion - Page 4212
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
Jetaap
France4814 Posts
![]() | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:38 trinxified wrote: Lol all this midas talk was a nice read... Let's talk about Necro3 now. Seems like games now are a race to how many books you can get, and even better if your heroes synergizes with it. Whoever has more generally will win. I don't know if I agree with this, it depends on context. I don't think Necrobook is that good of an item in terms of contributing to team fights for it's cost (level 2 and especially level 3). Enmassing Necrobooks puts the defending team (from a push or preparation for breaching the racks) into an uncomfortable position of having to engage in the attacking team's terms or they risk just losing their structures. | ||
|
Sn0_Man
Tebellong44238 Posts
If so, SUICIDE ES BOMBZ | ||
|
Esoterikk
Canada1256 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:41 Jetaap wrote: Dreadisback with 17k viewers, i wish i spoke russian ![]() All the Russian streams get huge numbers, kind of makes me wish I spoke Russian as well, feel like I am missing out. | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:47 Esoterikk wrote: All the Russian streams get huge numbers, kind of makes me wish I spoke Russian as well, feel like I am missing out. or you could also say that Russians generally love to just watch their hometown streamers instead of playing the game. | ||
|
Comeh
United States18919 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:38 trinxified wrote: Lol all this midas talk was a nice read... Let's talk about Necro3 now. Seems like games now are a race to how many books you can get, and even better if your heroes synergizes with it. Whoever has more generally will win. I have a feeling in my gut IF will revert the buff to Necro soonish, or change it in some way. | ||
|
RoyGBiv_13
United States1275 Posts
Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's so far out of the metagame that lanes simply crumble. | ||
|
LSF
469 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:47 Esoterikk wrote: All the Russian streams get huge numbers, kind of makes me wish I spoke Russian as well, feel like I am missing out. Come play on EU west, you will learn some important russian words in no time... ![]() | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
Boots first with random gold is reasonable on any support that has roaming kill potential in pubs. After that it comes down to your execution. | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On October 29 2013 02:56 Comeh wrote: I have a feeling in my gut IF will revert the buff to Necro soonish, or change it in some way. Reverting it back to HotD/Midas countering it is bad though. Hopefully it's a different nerf. I think removing last will damage from melee Necro might be good? At least you don't have to think twice about killing it ASAP. Or if they insist on leaving that, at least make it that it's halved between the two Necro units. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
| ||
|
Darkren
Canada1841 Posts
They hurt my eyes so much. WTF DOES A MIDAS ON A BOUNTY DO | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On October 29 2013 03:13 TheYango wrote: If he wants to nerf it, I think he should revert the 6.78 buff to their armor type. I think Necro book strength is from those melee warriors. Can't just kill them outright because of the last will pure damage. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On October 29 2013 03:19 trinxified wrote: I think Necro book strength is from those melee warriors. Can't just kill them outright because of the last will pure damage. I'm ok with a single Necro being strong, the main thing about this version is how good the item is in multiples, which has a lot to do with how multiple Necros are very unlikely to die to incidental AoE damage with 40% magic resistance. On October 29 2013 03:17 Darkren wrote: WTF DOES A MIDAS ON A BOUNTY DO Lets him kill a hard camp without taking ages. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
Is there a mid game anymore? I'm pretty serious about this as well. I'm not trying to be a downer, I like several of the changes but I feel 6.79 has taken something away from the game. I just have a hard time of explaining what exactly it is.. | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
On October 29 2013 03:37 trinxified wrote: Having godlike streaks now seems to be a major disadvantage because when you get killed, it's 1000+ gold to the killer. It's crazy. This goes back to my point that there's more at stake in winning and losing team fights as well as avoiding getting picked off. There is less margin for error. | ||
|
Nocticate
Vatican City State2902 Posts
On October 29 2013 03:17 Darkren wrote: These fucking mass midas in chinesse metagames They hurt my eyes so much. WTF DOES A MIDAS ON A BOUNTY DO it gives him tons of exp. more exp -> more levels and he does pretty good things with levels. more track gold, more shuri toss damage, longer stealth duration and lower fade time, and more crit. midas has stopped being about gold for most heroes, and never really was for furion or druid or n'aix--or even alchemist to a decent extent. | ||
|
hideo
Canada1641 Posts
| ||
|
FuzzyJAM
Scotland9300 Posts
On October 29 2013 03:17 Darkren wrote: These fucking mass midas in chinesse metagames They hurt my eyes so much. WTF DOES A MIDAS ON A BOUNTY DO It gives you faster levels. I'm not convinced that it's generally worth it, but given that Bounty's primary contribution (at least for the first 20-30 minutes) is item-independent, getting something that boosts his levels and gets that all important level 2/3 of track can be helpful. | ||
| ||
