Bounty nerfs are diminished the later the game is, so unless necro units are giving absurd amounts of gold (which is just a silly way to balance the game), I don't think it would be a relevant nerf.
General Discussion - Page 4205
| Forum Index > Dota 2 General |
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2 Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads. | ||
|
teapoted
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Bounty nerfs are diminished the later the game is, so unless necro units are giving absurd amounts of gold (which is just a silly way to balance the game), I don't think it would be a relevant nerf. | ||
|
Daaktard
Sweden380 Posts
Besides the 2 EG games recently, when was that a thing? 2009? | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
Outside of the use of breaching towers and racks, how cost efficient is the item outside of this? I don't think the item does a good job at all when it comes to winning team fights in terms of it's cost verses other items around it's price range. In fact, Necronomicon units attacking an important structure is where your team is put in a position where they absolutely must do something about them. You don't want to use a BKB/Diffusal charge either just to stop something that'll be coming at you again shortly after and your prolonging inevitable if your killing them because of the amount of structural damage they do unless either team commits into attacking the other. | ||
|
ahswtini
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
| ||
|
BurningSera
Ireland19621 Posts
The popularity is mainly due to the introduction of the new patch, most pro players don't really like that item so this is like some sort of weird trends. That's what i thought anyway. And generally speaking necro is such a great item on #3-5 heroes (those who played with me should know that how i like to build it^^ it is simply a very good investment on moderately rich support heroes) and it is my core on BM in advantaged game, roar+levels advantaged+necro units+summons literally destroy anything 1v1. Fun fact: 5 necro melee unit can make 3000pure damage when killed, scary stuffs. | ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
Necronomicon is not an item that's exclusive to cores such as BM anymore, before the items that supports would have 50 minutes into the game is now an item that can be accessed at around less then half that time. This isn't something i'm throwing around as something you would only see in pubs, I've seen a whole lot of competitive games as of late that I really believe this is just how the game is now. | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
| ||
|
Sbrubbles
Brazil5776 Posts
| ||
|
Animzor
Sweden2154 Posts
| ||
|
iCanada
Canada10660 Posts
Well, I suppose its mostly one question... What are the typical gold/item benchmarks? In a standard game with an even laning situation (ie, you dont get stuck 1v3 or something) what time is it pretty typical to have your first item complete if you are playing a farming hero? Are there any real benchmarks? | ||
|
Gosi
Sweden9072 Posts
| ||
|
Sbrubbles
Brazil5776 Posts
| ||
|
Kipsate
Netherlands45349 Posts
There are perhaps some benchmarks for heroes but no general ones and its Heroes not Champions before you get flamed. | ||
|
Erasme
Bahamas15899 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
On October 28 2013 09:25 iCanada wrote: So I new to DotA, but have played a fair amount of MOBA before. Been pretty well smashing low level Matchmaking (20-7 thus far, not bad) despite having no idea what is going on ("Woah, wtf was that? I deads i guess...") and I have a few questions. Well, I suppose its mostly one question... What are the typical gold/item benchmarks? In a standard game with an even laning situation (ie, you dont get stuck 1v3 or something) what time is it pretty typical to have your first item complete if you are playing a farming champion? Are there any real benchmarks? It varies on the hero you're playing as well as the item in question. An example would be an AM should have a Battlefury within at least 15 minutes into the game and anything over 20 minutes is generally considered late in regards to that item, course lots of factors apply such as whether you died or not and so on. If my game on Clinkz isn't going well for example and I acknowledge that there is no way I can hit the 15-16 minute orchid mark because I fed to many times or whatever, I go for a medallion and/or an aquila instead and then resume my orchids after because these small items can ensure that I have some amount of impact in the game whether my team needs me to gank someone and so on. AM isn't as flexible, even if your bfury is going to be late you still need to "rush" for the item regardless. | ||
|
TheYango
United States47024 Posts
On October 28 2013 06:38 Kuroeeah wrote: anyone else thinks its a little silly that the visual for linkin's being applied to an ally is visible to the enemy? it's like a huge "well okay time to use the spell on the linkin owner". I think it's much better this way, because it rewards and encourages clutch usage of the active--where a good player pops the shield on at the last second--rather than just spamming it on your shield target every time the CD is up. | ||
|
icystorage
Jollibee19350 Posts
why has nobody tried this yet? necro3 paradrop new meta | ||
|
PrinceXizor
United States17713 Posts
| ||
|
Kuroeeah
11696 Posts
On October 28 2013 11:43 PrinceXizor wrote: Anyone else getting a lot of lag recently. my games have been stuttering a lot and my ping never seems to go above 100. confusing. yes | ||
|
trinxified
Canada7774 Posts
On October 28 2013 11:41 icystorage wrote: http://i.minus.com/iSRBcJtdLyQxr.gif why has nobody tried this yet? necro3 paradrop new meta Lol how are the couriers using the books? They cost 50 mana. | ||
| ||