• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8706 users

General Discussion - Page 4204

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-27 18:43:23
October 27 2013 18:39 GMT
#84061
I wish Valve fixes the bug where using an illusion ability/item will disorient or cancel the current command on you... I hate how you still attack the real hero after they use Manta, even spells do the same.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-27 18:41:44
October 27 2013 18:41 GMT
#84062
On October 28 2013 03:31 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 03:26 Comeh wrote:
On October 28 2013 00:05 aintz wrote:
why are noobs so obsessed with necrobooks now, it didnt even get buffed much and was always a good item. typical

Fits into the playstyle of the patch, and harder to counter.

I chalk it more up to fits into the playstyle of the patch though.


Yeah, I think people got way to used to buying an item that and clicking on the necro demons with that item. Necro seems valid, but I don't see it any more than I do a force staff, vlads or any other item with utility.

Bear in mind that it compounds with the buff from 6.78.

Buffing Necro minions from Heavy armor type to Hero increased their magic resistance from 20% to 40%. When you're 1-shotting Necros with HoD or Midas, this has zero impact, because you're not doing damage to them anyway. When you have to kill them with damage, the previous buff suddenly becomes relevant, despite having essentially zero impact in the patch it came out in.
Moderator
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 27 2013 18:48 GMT
#84063
Bdiz retires, Demon takes his spot in Dignitas.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
October 27 2013 18:49 GMT
#84064
LMAO.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 27 2013 18:50 GMT
#84065
#demondoto #DiggyMLGwinners
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 27 2013 18:52 GMT
#84066
On October 28 2013 03:41 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 03:31 Plansix wrote:
On October 28 2013 03:26 Comeh wrote:
On October 28 2013 00:05 aintz wrote:
why are noobs so obsessed with necrobooks now, it didnt even get buffed much and was always a good item. typical

Fits into the playstyle of the patch, and harder to counter.

I chalk it more up to fits into the playstyle of the patch though.


Yeah, I think people got way to used to buying an item that and clicking on the necro demons with that item. Necro seems valid, but I don't see it any more than I do a force staff, vlads or any other item with utility.

Bear in mind that it compounds with the buff from 6.78.

Buffing Necro minions from Heavy armor type to Hero increased their magic resistance from 20% to 40%. When you're 1-shotting Necros with HoD or Midas, this has zero impact, because you're not doing damage to them anyway. When you have to kill them with damage, the previous buff suddenly becomes relevant, despite having essentially zero impact in the patch it came out in.

I have faith is people to figure it out and deal with it. I do think it seems super good and people are a bit dumbfounded on how to deal with it at times. Its not like the item is super cheap or without flaws. I think a fully upgrade one cost 5200. Thats pretty close to a sheep stick, so I'm sure people fill find a way to spend around it and deal with them.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 27 2013 18:55 GMT
#84067
ROFL:

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 8m Congrats @DotADeMoN on the @TeamDignitas pick up for #mlgcolumbus. Be warned the hotel has a gym, please be on time for matches
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 27 2013 18:56 GMT
#84068
On October 28 2013 03:52 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 03:41 TheYango wrote:
On October 28 2013 03:31 Plansix wrote:
On October 28 2013 03:26 Comeh wrote:
On October 28 2013 00:05 aintz wrote:
why are noobs so obsessed with necrobooks now, it didnt even get buffed much and was always a good item. typical

Fits into the playstyle of the patch, and harder to counter.

I chalk it more up to fits into the playstyle of the patch though.


Yeah, I think people got way to used to buying an item that and clicking on the necro demons with that item. Necro seems valid, but I don't see it any more than I do a force staff, vlads or any other item with utility.

Bear in mind that it compounds with the buff from 6.78.

Buffing Necro minions from Heavy armor type to Hero increased their magic resistance from 20% to 40%. When you're 1-shotting Necros with HoD or Midas, this has zero impact, because you're not doing damage to them anyway. When you have to kill them with damage, the previous buff suddenly becomes relevant, despite having essentially zero impact in the patch it came out in.

I have faith is people to figure it out and deal with it. I do think it seems super good and people are a bit dumbfounded on how to deal with it at times. Its not like the item is super cheap or without flaws. I think a fully upgrade one cost 5200. Thats pretty close to a sheep stick, so I'm sure people fill find a way to spend around it and deal with them.


Yeah Necro 3 is 5200 gold. Although Necro 1 and 2 are still good, especially Necro 1 actually for the price.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 27 2013 18:57 GMT
#84069
Yeah, I'm not saying the item necessarily needs a nerf, just pointing out that the 6.79 buff should not be examined in a vacuum. It's not just the 6.79 buff--the 6.78 buff was virtually meaningless until this change came in because often Necro units weren't killed by damage, so increasing their magic resistance wasn't significant.

The Sheepstick comparison is sort of disingenuous because Sheep has a far worse buildup, and the timings of Necro 1 and Necro 2 are both very strong in their own right. It's not like the item does nothing till it's Necro 3, unlike Sheep.
Moderator
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 27 2013 19:00 GMT
#84070
Well I did mention earlier that for 40 seconds or more (since you won't be spamming it each time off cooldown anyway), that Necro books are not giving you much either. Very little stats for the price, so it works out okay I think.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
October 27 2013 20:31 GMT
#84071
That's true, but how often are you using a Sheepstick every time it comes off cooldown? Pretty much only in a sustained teamfight, and the Necrobook summons excel there. If you aren't fighting other heroes, then it doesn't much matter what stats the item gives.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
October 27 2013 20:57 GMT
#84072
On October 28 2013 03:48 Kuroeeah wrote:
Bdiz retires, Demon takes his spot in Dignitas.

where are you erasme

have you commited seppuku yet
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
SilverStar
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden18511 Posts
October 27 2013 21:08 GMT
#84073
2gd just said on his stream that he will record an announcer in december
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 27 2013 21:38 GMT
#84074
anyone else thinks its a little silly that the visual for linkin's being applied to an ally is visible to the enemy? it's like a huge "well okay time to use the spell on the linkin owner".
teapoted
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom24425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-27 22:00:44
October 27 2013 21:55 GMT
#84075
If that wasn't the case it would be significantly more powerful and would need to be nerfed in other ways.

I guess you could go half-way and make a red shield on the linkens owner if they've given it to someone else but don't tell the enemy who you've given it to.

I'd personally like it if they made the change you suggested but instead made linkens cheaper and not give a whole lot of stats. So it'd become a more interesting support item with a lot of potential for interesting plays. Like if the buff just lasted 3-4 seconds and it was cheap enough for supports to buy, that would be really interesting. But it would be a completely different item.
Once you Goblak...
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 27 2013 22:15 GMT
#84076
in hon null stone effect was always visible its fine
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
October 27 2013 22:18 GMT
#84077
im glad that we can learn lessons from better games
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
October 27 2013 22:19 GMT
#84078
On October 28 2013 06:55 teapoted wrote:
If that wasn't the case it would be significantly more powerful and would need to be nerfed in other ways.

I guess you could go half-way and make a red shield on the linkens owner if they've given it to someone else but don't tell the enemy who you've given it to.

I'd personally like it if they made the change you suggested but instead made linkens cheaper and not give a whole lot of stats. So it'd become a more interesting support item with a lot of potential for interesting plays. Like if the buff just lasted 3-4 seconds and it was cheap enough for supports to buy, that would be really interesting. But it would be a completely different item.

I don't know how I feel about Linkin's, it's not really an item I feel should be buffed or dramatically changed as of right now. Speaking of which I don't really know how I feel about Necronomicon either because i'm probably one of the few that thought the item could have still seen some use even with helm and midas just overriding bypassing the item for it's cost even if it were for more obscure uses.

I feel a little uncertain about Necronomicon being able to slowly breach a defending base's high ground. I think the attacking team in this patch does not need to commit nearly as much as before to breach the tier 3 tower, the attackers would just camp outside of the base and slowly whittle down the tier 3 by spamming Necronomicon on cooldown. In fact I think it puts the defending team on a timer to commit an attack or else they just risk dying by the Necronomicon units sieging them. I don't really have enough games to draw from to formulate whether this is true but if anything, specifically the units being able to siege the high ground is where I personally feel most uncomfortable in terms of the item's power.
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
October 27 2013 22:20 GMT
#84079
Just had the closes baserace of my life. The last moment I managed to pause the game, the enemy throne had 248hp and out had 12.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
super gg
Appendix
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden979 Posts
October 27 2013 22:27 GMT
#84080
On October 28 2013 07:19 Kuroeeah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2013 06:55 teapoted wrote:
If that wasn't the case it would be significantly more powerful and would need to be nerfed in other ways.

I guess you could go half-way and make a red shield on the linkens owner if they've given it to someone else but don't tell the enemy who you've given it to.

I'd personally like it if they made the change you suggested but instead made linkens cheaper and not give a whole lot of stats. So it'd become a more interesting support item with a lot of potential for interesting plays. Like if the buff just lasted 3-4 seconds and it was cheap enough for supports to buy, that would be really interesting. But it would be a completely different item.

I don't know how I feel about Linkin's, it's not really an item I feel should be buffed or dramatically changed as of right now. Speaking of which I don't really know how I feel about Necronomicon either because i'm probably one of the few that thought the item could have still seen some use even with helm and midas just overriding bypassing the item for it's cost even if it were for more obscure uses.

I feel a little uncertain about Necronomicon being able to slowly breach a defending base's high ground. I think the attacking team in this patch does not need to commit nearly as much as before to breach the tier 3 tower, the attackers would just camp outside of the base and slowly whittle down the tier 3 by spamming Necronomicon on cooldown. In fact I think it puts the defending team on a timer to commit an attack or else they just risk dying by the Necronomicon units sieging them. I don't really have enough games to draw from to formulate whether this is true but if anything, specifically the units being able to siege the high ground is where I personally feel most uncomfortable in terms of the item's power.


If it would become a problem I think a quick syllabear treatment would work, making the bounty 100/150/200 for necro level 1/2/3 or something similar. If you keep throwing necro minions at the enemy they will soon get rich.
Prev 1 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings9
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2138
Bisu 750
Horang2 481
Jaedong 379
BeSt 368
Hyuk 339
actioN 252
Zeus 181
Light 168
Leta 167
[ Show more ]
firebathero 157
EffOrt 125
Soma 104
ZerO 85
Pusan 66
Stork 66
Sexy 46
Shinee 46
Mong 42
Mind 41
Killer 40
Rush 37
Last 35
soO 32
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 21
PianO 17
Sharp 17
hero 16
sorry 15
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Free 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe215
Fuzer 50
League of Legends
JimRising 345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1422
shoxiejesuss1085
x6flipin87
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1839
Other Games
gofns29194
summit1g7499
singsing1638
crisheroes374
XBOCT263
DeMusliM169
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee92
QueenE38
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream286
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• LUISG 36
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2266
League of Legends
• Jankos2171
• Rush1306
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
Stellar Fest
2h 41m
OSC
13h 41m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.