• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13066 users

Strategy Forum Highlighting - Page 9

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
232 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Teazer
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark20 Posts
February 17 2011 20:41 GMT
#161
On February 18 2011 03:48 Chill wrote:
I think people are getting too hung up with highlighted posts. They're not meant to be magnets. People shouldn't be scouring the forum searching for highlighted posts. They're just posts that demand attention if you happen to come across them in the normal process of reading the forum.

People want all these features for skipping the entire thread and jumping to highlighted posts, but that's seriously not the intent we had with highlighting users.


I agree that people shouldn't be scrolling through threads for highlighted posts, but that is probably exactly what they will do
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
February 17 2011 20:43 GMT
#162
this is great! Been visiting the strategy forum way back but due to what it has evovled into it just was a pain. This will hopefully change now.
Do you really want chat rooms?
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
February 17 2011 21:01 GMT
#163
FUCK YEAH
wwww
sc2lime
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada513 Posts
February 17 2011 21:27 GMT
#164
Is there a way to revise the highlight color that was chosen? It gives me a headache reading the text written inside that highlight.
Gwaltgw
Profile Joined September 2010
United States44 Posts
February 17 2011 21:29 GMT
#165
Show nested quote +

On February 18 2011 03:48 Chill wrote:
I think people are getting too hung up with highlighted posts. They're not meant to be magnets. People shouldn't be scouring the forum searching for highlighted posts. They're just posts that demand attention if you happen to come across them in the normal process of reading the forum.

People want all these features for skipping the entire thread and jumping to highlighted posts, but that's seriously not the intent we had with highlighting users.

I agree that people shouldn't be scrolling through threads for highlighted posts, but that is probably exactly what they will do


The very first thing I did when I saw this functionality added was go to the strategy forum and try to search for highlighted posts. I was disappointed when I realized I had to actually search through the threads. I guess i'm just a spoiled brat like so many other people these days, where I whine if I don't get what I want.

I see many other people complaining about not being able to search for highlighted posts and getting warned/banned for it..

I also see this turning into something similar to the WoW forums, where someone comes up with the equivalent of a blue tracker and people just look at that instead of the actual forums.

If i manually go through all the threads in the strategy forum, and collect all the highlighted posts and make a new topic so they are all in one place, will i get banned?
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
February 17 2011 21:31 GMT
#166
Is this just for the sc2 strategy forum or for BW as well? Because people like Fyre_Dragon definitely deserve to have their BW strategy posts highlighted
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 21:41:52
February 17 2011 21:41 GMT
#167
On February 18 2011 06:29 Gwaltgw wrote:
Show nested quote +

On February 18 2011 03:48 Chill wrote:
I think people are getting too hung up with highlighted posts. They're not meant to be magnets. People shouldn't be scouring the forum searching for highlighted posts. They're just posts that demand attention if you happen to come across them in the normal process of reading the forum.

People want all these features for skipping the entire thread and jumping to highlighted posts, but that's seriously not the intent we had with highlighting users.

I agree that people shouldn't be scrolling through threads for highlighted posts, but that is probably exactly what they will do


The very first thing I did when I saw this functionality added was go to the strategy forum and try to search for highlighted posts. I was disappointed when I realized I had to actually search through the threads. I guess i'm just a spoiled brat like so many other people these days, where I whine if I don't get what I want.

I see many other people complaining about not being able to search for highlighted posts and getting warned/banned for it..

I also see this turning into something similar to the WoW forums, where someone comes up with the equivalent of a blue tracker and people just look at that instead of the actual forums.

If i manually go through all the threads in the strategy forum, and collect all the highlighted posts and make a new topic so they are all in one place, will i get banned?

Why would you possibly be banned for that? Of course you wouldn't. I think it's dumb and I'd advise you not to, but you can do it if you want.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 17 2011 21:42 GMT
#168
On February 18 2011 06:31 xxpack09 wrote:
Is this just for the sc2 strategy forum or for BW as well? Because people like Fyre_Dragon definitely deserve to have their BW strategy posts highlighted

This is only for the Starcraft 2 Strategy Forum.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 17 2011 21:42 GMT
#169
On February 18 2011 06:27 sc2lime wrote:
Is there a way to revise the highlight color that was chosen? It gives me a headache reading the text written inside that highlight.

Currently, no. Maybe it will be added in the future, we'd need R1CH to answer that.
Moderator
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
February 17 2011 21:50 GMT
#170
I thought that something is wrong with my eyes when i see blue coloured posts lol
wentzA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States79 Posts
February 17 2011 21:52 GMT
#171
kcdc should be highlighted.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 17 2011 21:54 GMT
#172
On February 18 2011 06:52 wentzA wrote:
kcdc should be highlighted.

...
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
February 17 2011 21:59 GMT
#173
It would be kinda cool to have the thread maybe stand out more as well from the forum index. I'm not sure what this requires or if even feasible, but a neat idea IMO .
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
Loophole
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States867 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 22:03:49
February 17 2011 22:01 GMT
#174
I like this quite a bit. It's been frustrating to read the strategy forum because of so much spam posting by people who have no idea what they're talking about. This is a nice subtle way to highlight the good posters efforts. Thanks TL.

Edit: Did you guys consider doing an upvote system?
"Fundamental preparation is always effective. Work on those parts of your game that are fundamentally weak." -Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
blakbeard
Profile Joined December 2010
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 22:03:15
February 17 2011 22:02 GMT
#175
On February 18 2011 03:48 Chill wrote:
I think people are getting too hung up with highlighted posts. They're not meant to be magnets. People shouldn't be scouring the forum searching for highlighted posts. They're just posts that demand attention if you happen to come across them in the normal process of reading the forum.

People want all these features for skipping the entire thread and jumping to highlighted posts, but that's seriously not the intent we had with highlighting users.


First of all, I love the idea, but I too think it's only a start.

I agree with the sentiment behind this, but given how many pages some of the threads are, it seems daunting to me to read through the whole thread (or even a large portion of it). Sometimes I only really have the time/energy to read 1-2 responses to the OP, so it would be quite helpful if I could skip through to ones from a respected/known player. Maybe that makes me lazy? Regardless, I'm just trying to be realistic - not sure if others have a similar experience.
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
February 17 2011 22:10 GMT
#176
On February 18 2011 06:54 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 06:52 wentzA wrote:
kcdc should be highlighted.

...


Well Plexa back to the drawing board, the highlighting color is clearly too difficult to read. Any votes for white?
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
February 17 2011 22:19 GMT
#177
thanks for picking me hope i can bring good quality to the sc2 strategy section!
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
February 17 2011 22:20 GMT
#178
Has anyone considered adding some sort of eye-grabber in the forum index as well? Maybe not even based on user submission, but perhaps custom updated by moderators?
Char711
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States862 Posts
February 17 2011 22:28 GMT
#179
On February 18 2011 07:20 CecilSunkure wrote:
Has anyone considered adding some sort of eye-grabber in the forum index as well? Maybe not even based on user submission, but perhaps custom updated by moderators?

I'd settle for just having the best threads (e.g., iEchoic's TvT) stickied. Also, showing which threads have highlighted posts might be nice because then you'll know that there is some real discussion going on in there. With those I'd say you then wouldn't need the "jump to highlighted post" button and stuff. It also helps to keep it more inclusive like you guys are saying (which, by the way, I like the idea of; good job thinking of that!).

Thanks for sticking it out here and addressing all of our questions/complaints/flaming/etc.! :D
"If you can chill, chill." -Liquid`Tyler "Special tactics." -White-Ra
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
February 17 2011 22:56 GMT
#180
i'm loving the new change, i do wish it could be a darker color but thats just personal preference. Reading the strat forum now is quite a joy, just looking for the gem posts. Would love the possible future feature of showing only gem posts. Thanks TL!
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 231
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko354
SHIN 231
ProTech140
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41568
Bisu 2609
Hyuk 1832
Shuttle 1441
EffOrt 526
Mini 478
Soma 437
Larva 341
ZerO 279
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 120
hero 106
Zeus 63
Pusan 58
Sexy 48
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Trap 43
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
ToSsGirL 26
PianO 26
Aegong 25
zelot 21
Noble 14
sorry 14
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 7
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5719
qojqva1452
Dendi1022
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1052
crisheroes703
Liquid`Hasu278
Other Games
gofns36130
singsing2493
B2W.Neo1218
DeMusliM256
Livibee204
Liquid`VortiX119
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS75
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6984
League of Legends
• Jankos1741
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 33m
INu's Battles
22h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.