• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9746 users

Demuslim with broken hand after "skirmish" - Page 16

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
502 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 26 Next All
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
February 03 2011 22:16 GMT
#301
Wow that sucks, hes such a good player!
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
February 03 2011 22:20 GMT
#302
awww man, Demuslim was really becoming one of my favorite players..

get well soon man!
For Aiur???
Moosy
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada396 Posts
February 03 2011 22:27 GMT
#303
why couldnt be a legggggggg
phrame_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States23 Posts
February 03 2011 22:27 GMT
#304
Ah, what a bummer. I was looking forward to seeing him play at Assembly. Get well soon!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 03 2011 22:29 GMT
#305
I guess it really is Demuslim Fighting O:

Don't want to know what happened to the other guy in the skirmish.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Syro
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany113 Posts
February 03 2011 22:29 GMT
#306
Sick poor Demuslim. Best of wishes!
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 22:34:04
February 03 2011 22:31 GMT
#307
On February 04 2011 01:01 niteReloaded wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 00:51 smileyyy wrote:
On February 04 2011 00:46 niteReloaded wrote:
I had some fights in my life, but only once I had it when I went out, and that's because I was being a total idiot, so my guess is he deserved it.



I had some fights in my life, but only once I had it when I went out, and that's becauce the other guy was being a total idiot, so my guess is he didnt deserve it.


my point is that many times you can be a bigger man and resolve things without fighting.

That's why I only had 1 fight, and that 1 fight could've been avoided if the other guy realized I was an idiot and simply beaten me with words or wit or something.

Fistfighting is really really unneccessary in most cases imo.



I grew up fighting... Kinda had to make the decision between saving my own ass, or taking a potential beating defending my younger brother from getting his ass kicked. Am I unprofessional? No, there was a guy who didn't want to be reasoned with, beating on kids smaller than himself.

Don't look down on him from your little pedestal like you have any idea what he did or did not do that night. All you know is that there was a fight, and he got injured later in the night.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
February 03 2011 22:40 GMT
#308
On February 04 2011 07:31 teh_longinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 01:01 niteReloaded wrote:
On February 04 2011 00:51 smileyyy wrote:
On February 04 2011 00:46 niteReloaded wrote:
I had some fights in my life, but only once I had it when I went out, and that's because I was being a total idiot, so my guess is he deserved it.



I had some fights in my life, but only once I had it when I went out, and that's becauce the other guy was being a total idiot, so my guess is he didnt deserve it.


my point is that many times you can be a bigger man and resolve things without fighting.

That's why I only had 1 fight, and that 1 fight could've been avoided if the other guy realized I was an idiot and simply beaten me with words or wit or something.

Fistfighting is really really unneccessary in most cases imo.



I grew up fighting... Kinda had to make the decision between saving my own ass, or taking a potential beating defending my younger brother from getting his ass kicked. Am I unprofessional? No, there was a guy who didn't want to be reasoned with, beating on kids smaller than himself.

Don't look down on him from your little pedestal like you have any idea what he did or did not do that night. All you know is that there was a fight, and he got injured later in the night.

Lol .. "a little skirmish while out drinking with some friends" has turned into a philosophical debate about fighting vs not fighting.. being the bigger man etc.. Online forums confuse me a lot ..

I couldn't help but laugh a little bit when i read this.. i just hope there isn't any permanent damage to his play because he is a damn awesome Terran! Hope to see him at IEM, sad about Assembly though

In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
February 03 2011 22:40 GMT
#309
On February 04 2011 07:31 teh_longinator wrote:
I'M sorry. You sound kinda like youve only been in one fight because you're a pussy. I grew up fighting... Kinda had to make the decision between saving my own ass, or taking a potential beating defending my younger brother from getting his ass kicked. Am I unprofessional? No, there was a guy who didn't want to be reasoned with, beating on kids smaller than himself.

Don't look down on him from your little pedestal like you have any idea what he did or did not do that night. All you know is that there was a fight, and he got injured later in the night.


A guy physically hurting kids? Sounds to me like something illegal and something that the police might be able to intervene in. Also, was your younger brother unable to escape the situation along with you? The way you described it, sounds to me like it was more about teaching the guy a lesson rather than defending your brother from some sort of unavoidable harm. Did it make you feel like more of a man to fight rather than handle things the way they're "supposed" to be handled? Also what kind of example does that set for your younger brother showing that physical violence is an acceptable way to resolve a conflict?

Granted, the legal system and law enforcement are not always ideal, but generally I think it's best for all parties to avoid physical conflict whenever possible. Barring some sort of immediate and dire situation, I find it hard to believe that your fight to "defend" your younger brother was completely unavoidable, but then again you know the story better than I do so yeah... Still fighting isn't really something to be proud of and accusing someone of being a "pussy" for being against it is pretty unjustified.
kyla
Profile Joined November 2010
198 Posts
February 03 2011 22:41 GMT
#310
"cologne gangster life" lol there are just gays in that city. seriously. its not really dangerous.could happen everywhere
Mercadia
Profile Joined December 2010
United States257 Posts
February 03 2011 22:42 GMT
#311
On February 04 2011 00:30 MichaelJLowell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 00:27 ranjutan wrote:
On February 04 2011 00:20 Irrational_Animal wrote:
Sucks alot but headlines like this do not make him seem very professional though.


Yes a true professional would never go out drinking. I mean who ever heard of a businessman going out drinking???
I am appalled.

So "going out drinking and getting into fights" (how the fight started is completely unimportant) is now professional behavior?


As a bartender, I've seen plenty of people get scuffed up while minding their own business and having a drink. It happens.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
February 03 2011 22:44 GMT
#312
I hope DeMuslim will recover quickly. He is too good a player to be out of major tournaments and events.

The outside world is dangerous. Perhaps staying inside and playing SC is much safer for one's health.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
February 03 2011 22:45 GMT
#313
On February 04 2011 07:40 LegendaryZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 07:31 teh_longinator wrote:
I'M sorry. You sound kinda like youve only been in one fight because you're a pussy. I grew up fighting... Kinda had to make the decision between saving my own ass, or taking a potential beating defending my younger brother from getting his ass kicked. Am I unprofessional? No, there was a guy who didn't want to be reasoned with, beating on kids smaller than himself.

Don't look down on him from your little pedestal like you have any idea what he did or did not do that night. All you know is that there was a fight, and he got injured later in the night.


A guy physically hurting kids? Sounds to me like something illegal and something that the police might be able to intervene in. Also, was your younger brother unable to escape the situation along with you? The way you described it, sounds to me like it was more about teaching the guy a lesson rather than defending your brother from some sort of unavoidable harm. Did it make you feel like more of a man to fight rather than handle things the way they're "supposed" to be handled? Also what kind of example does that set for your younger brother showing that physical violence is an acceptable way to resolve a conflict?

Granted, the legal system and law enforcement are not always ideal, but generally I think it's best for all parties to avoid physical conflict whenever possible. Barring some sort of immediate and dire situation, I find it hard to believe that your fight to "defend" your younger brother was completely unavoidable, but then again you know the story better than I do so yeah... Still fighting isn't really something to be proud of and accusing someone of being a "pussy" for being against it is pretty unjustified.



Wow, little kids? How the he'll old did you think I was. I'm a year and a half older numbnuts.

And the people picking the fights were usually older than me. And frankly, yeah, we lost a bunch of fights, but when we won, I kinda hoped it was to teach them a lesson. They target the small kids in the school to look big, and they got called on it. We never started the fight, but I'll be damned if we weren't gonna try to be the ones who ended it.

Stop being a damned hippie.

User was temp banned for this post.
Darthozzan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Sweden136 Posts
February 03 2011 22:47 GMT
#314
DeMuslim fighting~ ... Literally :D
http://complexitygaming.com ° @Darthozzan on twitter
Mczeppo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany319 Posts
February 03 2011 22:47 GMT
#315
I guess he was in shock and thats the reason why he didnt notice it first.
I strongly doubt that the confrontation was his fault.
The newspaper is quite funny but again there is too much "crap" talk in this thread.
The trashtalk at the german readmore forums are the most disgusting thing on earth though.
"whether you make it or not depends mostly on the personal battle within yourself." - NaDa
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
February 03 2011 22:49 GMT
#316
On February 04 2011 07:45 teh_longinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 07:40 LegendaryZ wrote:
On February 04 2011 07:31 teh_longinator wrote:
I'M sorry. You sound kinda like youve only been in one fight because you're a pussy. I grew up fighting... Kinda had to make the decision between saving my own ass, or taking a potential beating defending my younger brother from getting his ass kicked. Am I unprofessional? No, there was a guy who didn't want to be reasoned with, beating on kids smaller than himself.

Don't look down on him from your little pedestal like you have any idea what he did or did not do that night. All you know is that there was a fight, and he got injured later in the night.


A guy physically hurting kids? Sounds to me like something illegal and something that the police might be able to intervene in. Also, was your younger brother unable to escape the situation along with you? The way you described it, sounds to me like it was more about teaching the guy a lesson rather than defending your brother from some sort of unavoidable harm. Did it make you feel like more of a man to fight rather than handle things the way they're "supposed" to be handled? Also what kind of example does that set for your younger brother showing that physical violence is an acceptable way to resolve a conflict?

Granted, the legal system and law enforcement are not always ideal, but generally I think it's best for all parties to avoid physical conflict whenever possible. Barring some sort of immediate and dire situation, I find it hard to believe that your fight to "defend" your younger brother was completely unavoidable, but then again you know the story better than I do so yeah... Still fighting isn't really something to be proud of and accusing someone of being a "pussy" for being against it is pretty unjustified.



Wow, little kids? How the he'll old did you think I was. I'm a year and a half older numbnuts.

And the people picking the fights were usually older than me. And frankly, yeah, we lost a bunch of fights, but when we won, I kinda hoped it was to teach them a lesson. They target the small kids in the school to look big, and they got called on it. We never started the fight, but I'll be damned if we weren't gonna try to be the ones who ended it.

Stop being a damned hippie.

Get over yourselves.. both of you - start another thread about fighting and defending your siblings.. this is a thread about Demuslim hurting himself.. noone cares about your little debate about fighting or how tough either of you are..

We all want Demuslim to get better
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
February 03 2011 22:49 GMT
#317
lol at the people who are crying "unprofessional". Professionals are the people that go out and drink the most.
ModeratorGodfather
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 03 2011 22:49 GMT
#318
Yikes. A broken hand and joint aren't necessarily short term problems that will simply go away and not have long-term symptoms for someone who uses them to the extent of a pro-gamer. Hoping he can make a quick and full recovery.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
February 03 2011 22:50 GMT
#319
On February 04 2011 07:49 Manifesto7 wrote:
lol at the people who are crying "unprofessional". Professionals are the people that go out and drink the most.


For all of the asia-o-philes we have around here, I'm surprised no one has heard of salarymen.
jaydee81
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-03 23:27:16
February 03 2011 22:51 GMT
#320
Yes, you can extrapolate that situation to its clearly ridiculous and absurd extremes if you'd like.


Yeah right, obviously everyone else is extrapolating; you, sir, are the single individual who is spot on.

EG pays him a fair sum of money to not have a life.


Yes, I am certain a smiliar phrase can be found in any pro-gamer contract. Actually, something along those lines should be in every work-contract. I mean we all get a salary if we're employed. So if you're not unemployed, your life should only exist between your workplace and your home. Or better yet, we should all have a bed in our offices so we don't run into the risk of hurting us on our way home.

Sorry, but you are clearly not in touch with the actual life out there.
Yeah, it's a little set-back, but I'm quite certain EG will be more interested in the development over the next 2 years, rather than the next few weeks.

I see no mention of him being drunk when this happend. They ran into drunk guys and went drinking after that, and that could mean just 2-3 beers. If it was more, who cares.

I can hardly imagine Demuslim walking the streets totally wasted, bumping into people, etc.

Actually, I would be surprised if Scoots said much more than "Wow, that's bad, etc, get better soon." Just like 99% of the people in this thread.

How about you at least try to emulate normal human behavior?

I'm starting to wonder why I am actually trying to communicate with you, you're just a troll I guess. Please stop blowing the issue way out of proportion.

Regards,
JD


Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 82
Hyuk 58
NaDa 50
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm136
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 30
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox495
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4306
Khaldor636
Other Games
summit1g7951
FrodaN1599
Coldzera 825
shahzam558
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe163
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 29m
Online Event
10h 29m
FEL
15h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.