• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13188 users

Cops - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 23 2009 04:35 GMT
#21
On January 23 2009 13:28 selboN wrote:
Like I said I reserved a special spot in my blog for people like chill, fuck you. Clearly this was over your head, I could do NOTHING about the registration due to my parents divorce. Secondly, (I dont know if I put this in my blog) I turned off the main street, through two intersections to the university and then got pulled over for "rolling a stop sign four intersections back".

But yeah, I expected as much flame for it, but I don't care.. I can afford to tickets. It's just the cops around here are such dicks, they'll give a college kid a ticket for whatever the hell they want. I do understand how the whole partying thing could piss them off, but hey, that's their job to control too.

If you don't have registration, and obtaining it is beyond your means, do not use your car. This is how the law operates.

If you received a ticket for something you didn't do, fight it in court.
Moderator
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 04:48:28
January 23 2009 04:48 GMT
#22
On January 23 2009 13:28 selboN wrote:
But yeah, I expected as much flame for it, but I don't care..too.



Reread pl0x. Also I don't seek sympathy on a SC site. It was just a good place to mash my fingers on the keyboard and watch nerds rage at my blog for no reason in particular.


So basically, you're setting yourself up for flame, then flaming the flamers for doing what you expected them to do in the first place?

Sounds like a retarded troll attempt to me...
Yogurt
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States4258 Posts
January 23 2009 04:57 GMT
#23
why is there donut and doughnut

i am intrigued
ok dont not so good something is something ok ok ok gogogo
merach
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States182 Posts
January 23 2009 05:09 GMT
#24
is your dad dead or are you just irresponsible and should take care of your own shit instead of blaming your dead father.

P.S. don't run stop signs and bitch about getting caught
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
January 23 2009 05:11 GMT
#25
On January 23 2009 13:57 Yogurt wrote:
why is there donut and doughnut

i am intrigued

Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 05:18:16
January 23 2009 05:14 GMT
#26
Don't complain about pigs until you've spent time in New Orleans or Alameda or somewhere similar, where they truly are corrupt and scary.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
January 23 2009 05:59 GMT
#27
Seriously what state do you like in? I don't anyone gets busted for rolling stops here in California.
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 06:27:02
January 23 2009 06:20 GMT
#28
Dont run stop signs maybe you fucking moron.

edit - and you had an outdated registration? shoot yourself so I have one less idiot to worry about on my streets

I dont like cops, I am scared of cops, but I also know what to expect and how to deal with cops. You obviously do not. Apparently you don't know how to drive either as I have been driving for 6 years and never even got pulled over.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 23 2009 06:30 GMT
#29
haha...this is another one of those, "FUCK I GOT CAUGHT BREAKING THE LAW FUCK COPS" threads...

But still...I understand you completely. Cops around my uni are fucking dicks too. Well...unless you're the one who called them, then they're the nicest guys in the world.
Hello
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 06:31:30
January 23 2009 06:30 GMT
#30
Honestly if you had a legitimate reason for being pissed off I would be completely on board.

Read about some of the shit that happens in cities, like people leaning over to unfasten their seat belts and getting shot by the cops because they thought they were reaching for a weapon.

But you saying "I broke the law and got a ticket for it" just makes you look like a fucking retard.

edit - god I hate this kid. was in a good mood until I read this idiots post.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 23 2009 06:33 GMT
#31
On January 23 2009 13:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Also if you think cops are dumb rednecks I think you underestimate the process of becoming a cop. It isn't easy, most of them have law/criminal justice degrees and if you want to be a Sgt./Detective you need a 4 year college degree.

They don't just let any idiot be a cop.

On January 23 2009 13:48 ilovezil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2009 13:28 selboN wrote:
But yeah, I expected as much flame for it, but I don't care..too.


Show nested quote +

Reread pl0x. Also I don't seek sympathy on a SC site. It was just a good place to mash my fingers on the keyboard and watch nerds rage at my blog for no reason in particular.


So basically, you're setting yourself up for flame, then flaming the flamers for doing what you expected them to do in the first place?

Sounds like a retarded troll attempt to me...

On January 23 2009 13:35 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2009 13:28 selboN wrote:
Like I said I reserved a special spot in my blog for people like chill, fuck you. Clearly this was over your head, I could do NOTHING about the registration due to my parents divorce. Secondly, (I dont know if I put this in my blog) I turned off the main street, through two intersections to the university and then got pulled over for "rolling a stop sign four intersections back".

But yeah, I expected as much flame for it, but I don't care.. I can afford to tickets. It's just the cops around here are such dicks, they'll give a college kid a ticket for whatever the hell they want. I do understand how the whole partying thing could piss them off, but hey, that's their job to control too.

If you don't have registration, and obtaining it is beyond your means, do not use your car. This is how the law operates.

If you received a ticket for something you didn't do, fight it in court.

It's just a lot of quoting but these are the truth. No point in re-writing what they just posted.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
January 23 2009 06:55 GMT
#32
selboN was accused of running a stop sign he never passed.

A dozen TLers responded to this with "lol don't run stop signs and then bitch when you're caught."

They then proceeded to righteously castigate him for not accepting responsibility for his actions.

Good job TL. I'm proud to be counted among your ranks.
But why?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 23 2009 07:31 GMT
#33
I think its the fact that people making sure people obey these rules gets to me. Its not the cops fault that the department sets a specific amount of tickets a cop is supposed to give, or they lose their job. They could be doing more useful things than wasting their time monitoring traffic in a suburban area, where very few suffer a fatal crash, just a fender bender maybe. Certain places this would be important, but some cases are ridiculous.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 09:18:09
January 23 2009 09:13 GMT
#34
On January 23 2009 12:30 selboN wrote:
I turn to go to the college go through two stops signs and all of a sudden I see the red and blue...

..Well he comes up to the window and tells me I ran a stop sign four stop signs back. I'm like wtf? I turned off the main street and went through two.


You should clarify this. Are you saying that you ran two stop signs and he pulled you up? If so, then maybe there is just a miscommunication as to which stop sign.

Or did you follow the law and then get charged for doing something you didnt do?

Either way however, your car is your responsibility. You were taking a gamble driving with an expired registration and the gamble backfired.You really cant complain about that.

The cops are just doing their job. So its fine to be frustrated, but you shouldnt be angry with them. If youve ever been in a situation where a cop has protected you (from a violent madman or something), you will realise that they are a damn nice group of people to have around.

On January 23 2009 16:31 bumatlarge wrote:
They could be doing more useful things than wasting their time monitoring traffic in a suburban area, where very few suffer a fatal crash, just a fender bender maybe. Certain places this would be important, but some cases are ridiculous.


The idea is to keep people afraid of breaking the law. You cant reward people for not breaking the law, and there needs to be solid incentive for people to follow. If you turn the corner and cant be sure there isnt gonna be a cop patrolling the next street, then they're doing a good job keeping you afraid and you will be much less likely to break the law.
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
January 23 2009 11:36 GMT
#35
On January 23 2009 13:31 selboN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2009 12:40 SaveYourSavior wrote:
It took a few rereads but I think he's saying he only passed through two stop signs so .. saying that he ran a stop sign 4 stop signs back is impossible and bullshit.


I think

Thank you.
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2009 13:05 Salv wrote:
Your not going to get any sympathy. Like Chill said, you probably did a rolling stop and your driving without valid registration. It's your own fucking fault.

Reread pl0x. Also I don't seek sympathy on a SC site. It was just a good place to mash my fingers on the keyboard and watch nerds rage at my blog for no reason in particular.


Horribly misleading line like "went through two signs" then saying cops suck is why you got flamed.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
January 23 2009 14:16 GMT
#36
Wawa, so the cop counted it wrong. You rolled a stop sign (like everyone does) and got caught. Stop fucking whining.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
January 23 2009 17:31 GMT
#37
campus PD are super strict on traffic law. It's kind of a result of class ending every hour and having thousands of pedestrians walking the streets. My suggestion is to learn to drive because the cops aren't going to let you slide
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
January 23 2009 18:26 GMT
#38
lol I think ignoring a stop sign is way worse than being shitfaced at some party?!
TT)SieG(
Profile Joined September 2008
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-23 20:05:27
January 23 2009 20:04 GMT
#39
My friend and I had a similar experience. My buddy was pulled over, got a ticket for a "Rolling Stop" so my buddy took it to court and explained that you must ROLL before you can actually stop in a moving vehicle. In this case the ticket was thrown out because the cop did admit saying he called it a rolling stop.
I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Einstein
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
January 23 2009 21:58 GMT
#40
everyone always bitchs about cops being assholes when they get caught
"they were being assholes and gave me tickets"

well you broke the law, its your fault you get a ticket.

generally with things if your polite, honest and go along with what the cop says they will cut back your fees, but if you lie and they catch you. tough shit they're gunna crack the hammer and teach your ass a lesson

the cop is doing his job, his 9-5. that's all, he really doesn't care about you or anyone else, hes jsut doing his job for his pay check like anyone else, no reason to call him names. I know people who are cops, when their off work they chill, drink smoke weed whatever. its just a fucking job nothing else
Dwell
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings63
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta19
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 681
GuemChi 395
ZZZero.O 130
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
monkeys_forever31
League of Legends
Doublelift5796
JimRising 415
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3817
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1780
C9.Mang0417
Livibee374
Maynarde161
Mew2King41
ArmadaUGS31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1180
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Sammyuel 31
• musti20045 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1445
• Scarra1196
• Shiphtur649
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.