• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6298 users

[D] Pro Scene Evolution - Page 325

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 323 324 325 326 327 328 Next
League of Legends Events browser add-ons
Firefox Chrome
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-26 13:47:19
December 26 2014 13:45 GMT
#6481
On December 26 2014 22:19 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2014 22:12 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 12:11 cLutZ wrote:
On December 26 2014 10:46 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 02:52 Slusher wrote:
I'm sure you've been in solo q where a guy loses lane and he just constantly praises the other teams jungle in all chat to transfer any perceived glory off of his opponent. Monte simply applied the same tactics to try to get people to shut the fuck up about Zion. Shiphtur is not a bad player by any means but he never has shown anything in the pro scene worthy of the praise that Monte and CLG dumped on him by the truckload that split, I mean, at least he got a contract out of it!

mabye I'm just crazy.

just wanted to add because every time I bring this up it seems to get confused. I really like Monte, I just don't like that there is nobody who could, in front of the public, disagree with him and be taken seriously. More Riot's fault than his own

I dont care about this discussion about whos better than who, but I am really confused about this Monte point. I cant believe people think his opinion is that important. I for one never heard what he said about Shiphtur and if I did I would not care about it. He is a famous caster, but really nothing special when it comes to game knowledge. I would value a random players opinion over his any day.

Noone who disagrees with him would be taken serious? That is just ridiculous. Any player would be taken serious, and also casters like Jatt or Kobe.

Or did I misunderstand something here?

Monte is disproportionately important because he is one of like 3 people not affiliated with a team (anymore, he still obviously is anti TSM) that will say a player is shit, or even that they played like shit.

What players say is always meaningless, and nearly everyone else in the scene is a cheerleader.

Dont get why a players opinion is meaningless. They might not be as good at expressing themselves but they are the ones that actually play with the player they talk about on a daily basis. I would always prefer their opinion over one of the professional talking heads.

Of course these kinds of discussions are always very distorted by extreme hyperbole anyway. As we see with the Shiphtur example here who goes from "best player NA" to "total shit" to "really good" again in some peoples opinion. I dont take it all that serious.

You completely missed the point.Nobody would actually say "yeah this guy is bad".Not in public at least.Which isn't bad or anything it just makes their opinions worthless.

???? You hear opinions from pro players about other players quite often. You make it sound like only "this guy is bad" makes an opinion legit. These kind of evaluations are always relative, you just have to know how to understand them. Someone might say "he is terrible", someone else might say "I was not impressed" and in the end it means the same. And positive comments are just as legit as negative ones.
Off-season = best season
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
December 26 2014 14:05 GMT
#6482
On December 26 2014 22:45 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2014 22:19 nafta wrote:
On December 26 2014 22:12 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 12:11 cLutZ wrote:
On December 26 2014 10:46 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 02:52 Slusher wrote:
I'm sure you've been in solo q where a guy loses lane and he just constantly praises the other teams jungle in all chat to transfer any perceived glory off of his opponent. Monte simply applied the same tactics to try to get people to shut the fuck up about Zion. Shiphtur is not a bad player by any means but he never has shown anything in the pro scene worthy of the praise that Monte and CLG dumped on him by the truckload that split, I mean, at least he got a contract out of it!

mabye I'm just crazy.

just wanted to add because every time I bring this up it seems to get confused. I really like Monte, I just don't like that there is nobody who could, in front of the public, disagree with him and be taken seriously. More Riot's fault than his own

I dont care about this discussion about whos better than who, but I am really confused about this Monte point. I cant believe people think his opinion is that important. I for one never heard what he said about Shiphtur and if I did I would not care about it. He is a famous caster, but really nothing special when it comes to game knowledge. I would value a random players opinion over his any day.

Noone who disagrees with him would be taken serious? That is just ridiculous. Any player would be taken serious, and also casters like Jatt or Kobe.

Or did I misunderstand something here?

Monte is disproportionately important because he is one of like 3 people not affiliated with a team (anymore, he still obviously is anti TSM) that will say a player is shit, or even that they played like shit.

What players say is always meaningless, and nearly everyone else in the scene is a cheerleader.

Dont get why a players opinion is meaningless. They might not be as good at expressing themselves but they are the ones that actually play with the player they talk about on a daily basis. I would always prefer their opinion over one of the professional talking heads.

Of course these kinds of discussions are always very distorted by extreme hyperbole anyway. As we see with the Shiphtur example here who goes from "best player NA" to "total shit" to "really good" again in some peoples opinion. I dont take it all that serious.

You completely missed the point.Nobody would actually say "yeah this guy is bad".Not in public at least.Which isn't bad or anything it just makes their opinions worthless.

???? You hear opinions from pro players about other players quite often. You make it sound like only "this guy is bad" makes an opinion legit. These kind of evaluations are always relative, you just have to know how to understand them. Someone might say "he is terrible", someone else might say "I was not impressed" and in the end it means the same. And positive comments are just as legit as negative ones.

Sure it means the same but they would just rather not say anything that can come and bite them in the ass later.Everyone always says how x is really good/respectable/decent/w.e and deserves to be in the lcs yet next season he gets replaced and can't even be relevant in the challenger scene.

Sure we hear opinions but most players would rather just say "yeah he is a good player" regardless of what they think simply because it is safer.Which is perfectly understandable but is also the reason why unless you are speaking to a pro in private or they are talking about someone who isn't relevant anymore or someone who is THE thing right now (in a thoorin interview or something) it doesn't matter.

You have to keep in mind a lot of these guys are friends and have known each other for years.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-26 14:23:31
December 26 2014 14:22 GMT
#6483
I don't think pro opinions should be dismissed outright but it has to be taken with a pinch of salt, calling a player on another team a complete shitter is not conducive towards keeping his team as a scrim partner. It also depends on the players, certain players like tabzz tend to give more honest assessment of players than others.

That being said, put zero stock in what Korean pros say because they all promise to show good games anyway.
Glorious SEA doto
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
December 26 2014 16:45 GMT
#6484
I wonder when roccat is saying who their midlaner is.
Science>Mechanics
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-26 16:58:18
December 26 2014 16:57 GMT
#6485
On December 26 2014 22:45 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2014 22:19 nafta wrote:
On December 26 2014 22:12 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 12:11 cLutZ wrote:
On December 26 2014 10:46 Redox wrote:
On December 26 2014 02:52 Slusher wrote:
I'm sure you've been in solo q where a guy loses lane and he just constantly praises the other teams jungle in all chat to transfer any perceived glory off of his opponent. Monte simply applied the same tactics to try to get people to shut the fuck up about Zion. Shiphtur is not a bad player by any means but he never has shown anything in the pro scene worthy of the praise that Monte and CLG dumped on him by the truckload that split, I mean, at least he got a contract out of it!

mabye I'm just crazy.

just wanted to add because every time I bring this up it seems to get confused. I really like Monte, I just don't like that there is nobody who could, in front of the public, disagree with him and be taken seriously. More Riot's fault than his own

I dont care about this discussion about whos better than who, but I am really confused about this Monte point. I cant believe people think his opinion is that important. I for one never heard what he said about Shiphtur and if I did I would not care about it. He is a famous caster, but really nothing special when it comes to game knowledge. I would value a random players opinion over his any day.

Noone who disagrees with him would be taken serious? That is just ridiculous. Any player would be taken serious, and also casters like Jatt or Kobe.

Or did I misunderstand something here?

Monte is disproportionately important because he is one of like 3 people not affiliated with a team (anymore, he still obviously is anti TSM) that will say a player is shit, or even that they played like shit.

What players say is always meaningless, and nearly everyone else in the scene is a cheerleader.

Dont get why a players opinion is meaningless. They might not be as good at expressing themselves but they are the ones that actually play with the player they talk about on a daily basis. I would always prefer their opinion over one of the professional talking heads.

Of course these kinds of discussions are always very distorted by extreme hyperbole anyway. As we see with the Shiphtur example here who goes from "best player NA" to "total shit" to "really good" again in some peoples opinion. I dont take it all that serious.

You completely missed the point.Nobody would actually say "yeah this guy is bad".Not in public at least.Which isn't bad or anything it just makes their opinions worthless.

???? You hear opinions from pro players about other players quite often. You make it sound like only "this guy is bad" makes an opinion legit. These kind of evaluations are always relative, you just have to know how to understand them. Someone might say "he is terrible", someone else might say "I was not impressed" and in the end it means the same. And positive comments are just as legit as negative ones.


How often did you hear negative comments from anyone but Doublelift, imp and Piglet, let's be real.
Even Saint never calls out someone live, not speaking about anyone else.

On December 27 2014 01:45 TitusVI wrote:
I wonder when roccat is saying who their midlaner is.


It's all but confirmed anyway, i guess, they will just make announcement after holidays.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
December 26 2014 23:11 GMT
#6486
Roccat started scrimming with overpow top and nukeduck mid before worlds was over.That was over 2 months ago.I would say it is rather obvious even excluding the shitty performances by ryu.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 27 2014 00:07 GMT
#6487
http://www.teamimpulse.gg/
LomoQ changes their name to team impulse. At least it's better than WE.A --> M3
Glorious SEA doto
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
December 27 2014 16:44 GMT
#6488
On December 26 2014 05:01 Fusilero wrote:
To be fair shiphtur had a strong IEM where he looked aggressive for the first time. I don't hold IEM in high regard when evaluating players but it was a very promising tournament for him at least (The rest of his team, less so)


From the games I watched, it seemed like he roamed without regards to farm and fell massively behind while securing few kills. Doesn't bode well imo.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 28 2014 15:53 GMT
#6489
http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/LMS/2015_Season/Spring_Qualifiers
LMS (Taiwan LCS) qualifiers have concluded, ahq esports club, yoe flash wolves, taipei assassins, hong kong esports, DarlingYou, No Game No Life, logitech snipers and Team hopeless will be the roster for LMS Spring.
Glorious SEA doto
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
December 29 2014 09:48 GMT
#6490
Seems like all the curse guys started following the tl twitter, is it really happening?
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 29 2014 10:04 GMT
#6491

Veritas to play ADC for final five. Aussies are taking jobs from hard working NA talent :<
Glorious SEA doto
dDazed
Profile Joined August 2014
192 Posts
December 29 2014 16:03 GMT
#6492
On December 29 2014 18:48 AsnSensation wrote:
Seems like all the curse guys started following the tl twitter, is it really happening?


It's happening guys. We won't be third class citizens anymore!!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
December 29 2014 17:07 GMT
#6493
On December 30 2014 01:03 dDazed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2014 18:48 AsnSensation wrote:
Seems like all the curse guys started following the tl twitter, is it really happening?


It's happening guys. We won't be third class citizens anymore!!


Only third?
Fan of the Jangbanger
TitusVI
Profile Joined April 2013
Germany8319 Posts
December 29 2014 17:16 GMT
#6494
On December 30 2014 01:03 dDazed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2014 18:48 AsnSensation wrote:
Seems like all the curse guys started following the tl twitter, is it really happening?


It's happening guys. We won't be third class citizens anymore!!


Maybe its just a trap to kill us all.
Science>Mechanics
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-30 00:54:23
December 30 2014 00:53 GMT
#6495

ReignOver and steelback to join febiven/lomostar? That's certainly interesting
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2qr7ui/final_five_roster_changes_and_future_plans/?sort=new
Final Five announces their plans for the future, veritas is on tryout and shorterace is out
Glorious SEA doto
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
December 30 2014 01:12 GMT
#6496
On December 30 2014 09:53 Fusilero wrote:
https://twitter.com/dooraven/status/549727363483701248
ReignOver and steelback to join febiven/lomostar? That's certainly interesting
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2qr7ui/final_five_roster_changes_and_future_plans/?sort=new
Final Five announces their plans for the future, veritas is on tryout and shorterace is out

From talking to Spirit/Swift to ReignOver. Can Febiven just go back to h2k?
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-30 02:25:53
December 30 2014 02:23 GMT
#6497
Someone escaped IM prison? Lmao.
Fnatic, you're, uhh, not in a good spot, let's put it lightly.
At least, they didn't take Jebus.

Okay, if they take Impact, this team might get top-3 still, just because of Impact/Yellowstar, but if it's another t3 Korean, it's serious reign over.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
December 30 2014 14:33 GMT
#6498
On December 30 2014 11:23 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Someone escaped IM prison? Lmao.
Fnatic, you're, uhh, not in a good spot, let's put it lightly.
At least, they didn't take Jebus.

Okay, if they take Impact, this team might get top-3 still, just because of Impact/Yellowstar, but if it's another t3 Korean, it's serious reign over.

Impact is not going to Fnatic.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-30 15:02:07
December 30 2014 15:01 GMT
#6499
On December 30 2014 23:33 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2014 11:23 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Someone escaped IM prison? Lmao.
Fnatic, you're, uhh, not in a good spot, let's put it lightly.
At least, they didn't take Jebus.

Okay, if they take Impact, this team might get top-3 still, just because of Impact/Yellowstar, but if it's another t3 Korean, it's serious reign over.

Impact is not going to Fnatic.


I'm getting literally scared for Febiven then, his karma is biggest bitch i've seen in a long time.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
December 30 2014 15:05 GMT
#6500
Febiven ends up with ReignOver and a random top. Hjarnan is going to watch odoamne and voidle tilt into oblivion with ryu feeding non-stop, k0u is too busy pulling Spanish chicks with ocelote's mansion and being toxic. Cloud nine eclipse will never succeed :<
Glorious SEA doto
Prev 1 323 324 325 326 327 328 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 582
White-Ra 133
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever493
NeuroSwarm164
Super Smash Bros
PPMD82
AZ_Axe52
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8734
Liquid`Hasu1339
Trikslyr95
Other Games
summit1g8293
Liquid`RaSZi2616
shahzam548
JimRising 376
C9.Mang0244
ArmadaUGS91
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1023
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 40m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.