• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:56
CEST 13:56
KST 20:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9937 users

[D] Pro Scene Evolution - Page 206

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 328 Next
League of Legends Events browser add-ons
Firefox Chrome
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 17 2014 12:33 GMT
#4101
On September 17 2014 20:09 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 14:49 Bill Murray wrote:
"To prioritize in-game competition over acquisition gamesmanship, owners with a stake in one or more teams already playing in the Expansion Tournament are restricted from obtaining a stake in another Expansion Tournament team without divesting their previous stakes."

You sure the dude has to sell CA or LoLPro stake? says one or more


They basically say there, that they consider Expansion Tournament as LCS and not as Challenger Series (where you can be owner of 2 teams) and Ranked 5 (endless number).

CLG BEELZEHAN, FUCKING PLEASE.
AND PIGLET TO FROST.

Bang-Wolf to K, Paragon-Piccaboo to S.

And actually, jokes aside, Liquid is teasing non-resident in announcement, i just hope that it's not Impactful, with all hype dude is just not Cop.

Well, Freeze did just recently become a free agent...
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
September 17 2014 12:38 GMT
#4102
On September 17 2014 20:09 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 14:49 Bill Murray wrote:
"To prioritize in-game competition over acquisition gamesmanship, owners with a stake in one or more teams already playing in the Expansion Tournament are restricted from obtaining a stake in another Expansion Tournament team without divesting their previous stakes."

You sure the dude has to sell CA or LoLPro stake? says one or more


They basically say there, that they consider Expansion Tournament as LCS and not as Challenger Series (where you can be owner of 2 teams) and Ranked 5 (endless number).

CLG BEELZEHAN, FUCKING PLEASE.
AND PIGLET TO FROST.

Bang-Wolf to K, Paragon-Piccaboo to S.

And actually, jokes aside, Liquid is teasing non-resident in announcement, i just hope that it's not Impactful, with all hype dude is just not Cop.

Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 16:20 Vlanitak wrote:
Svenskeren Fined 2.5k USD and banned from playing the 3 next WC games. (which basically means no group games, but should SK make it out of groups he can play in the quarter).
http://na.lolesports.com/articles/league-legends-competition-ruling-dennis-“svenskeren”-johnsen


Still can play in 3 games, groups are 6 matches.

Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 19:17 orzeu wrote:
On September 17 2014 15:13 Fusilero wrote:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=118260
Mandu, piglet and h0r0 leave SKT K.

SKT.SWIFT, BANG TO SKT K AND SKT.PICCABOO HYPE

So Bengi is new Space? I have no idea why they keep Bengi and not Piglet.
No Swift/Faker combo, because 3/5 rule.


Does this rule even work in Korea.
Because if it is...
MUH SWIFT ;_;

You lose OGN slot if you change more then 2 players.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 12:55:43
September 17 2014 12:55 GMT
#4103
On September 17 2014 21:38 orzeu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 20:09 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 17 2014 14:49 Bill Murray wrote:
"To prioritize in-game competition over acquisition gamesmanship, owners with a stake in one or more teams already playing in the Expansion Tournament are restricted from obtaining a stake in another Expansion Tournament team without divesting their previous stakes."

You sure the dude has to sell CA or LoLPro stake? says one or more


They basically say there, that they consider Expansion Tournament as LCS and not as Challenger Series (where you can be owner of 2 teams) and Ranked 5 (endless number).

CLG BEELZEHAN, FUCKING PLEASE.
AND PIGLET TO FROST.

Bang-Wolf to K, Paragon-Piccaboo to S.

And actually, jokes aside, Liquid is teasing non-resident in announcement, i just hope that it's not Impactful, with all hype dude is just not Cop.

On September 17 2014 16:20 Vlanitak wrote:
Svenskeren Fined 2.5k USD and banned from playing the 3 next WC games. (which basically means no group games, but should SK make it out of groups he can play in the quarter).
http://na.lolesports.com/articles/league-legends-competition-ruling-dennis-“svenskeren”-johnsen


Still can play in 3 games, groups are 6 matches.

On September 17 2014 19:17 orzeu wrote:
On September 17 2014 15:13 Fusilero wrote:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=118260
Mandu, piglet and h0r0 leave SKT K.

SKT.SWIFT, BANG TO SKT K AND SKT.PICCABOO HYPE

So Bengi is new Space? I have no idea why they keep Bengi and not Piglet.
No Swift/Faker combo, because 3/5 rule.


Does this rule even work in Korea.
Because if it is...
MUH SWIFT ;_;

You lose OGN slot if you change more then 2 players.


Well, they can still requalify, if they really want, don't they?
Ofc, noone wants to lose seed but still.

On September 17 2014 21:33 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 20:09 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 17 2014 14:49 Bill Murray wrote:
"To prioritize in-game competition over acquisition gamesmanship, owners with a stake in one or more teams already playing in the Expansion Tournament are restricted from obtaining a stake in another Expansion Tournament team without divesting their previous stakes."

You sure the dude has to sell CA or LoLPro stake? says one or more


They basically say there, that they consider Expansion Tournament as LCS and not as Challenger Series (where you can be owner of 2 teams) and Ranked 5 (endless number).

CLG BEELZEHAN, FUCKING PLEASE.
AND PIGLET TO FROST.

Bang-Wolf to K, Paragon-Piccaboo to S.

And actually, jokes aside, Liquid is teasing non-resident in announcement, i just hope that it's not Impactful, with all hype dude is just not Cop.

Well, Freeze did just recently become a free agent...


That seem pretty legit now as well.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Shiznick
Profile Joined December 2008
United States2200 Posts
September 17 2014 14:15 GMT
#4104
noooo piglet ;;

he's been my favorite player since ogn summer finals game 1
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
September 17 2014 14:56 GMT
#4105
On September 17 2014 21:33 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2014 20:09 oo_Wonderful_oo wrote:
On September 17 2014 14:49 Bill Murray wrote:
"To prioritize in-game competition over acquisition gamesmanship, owners with a stake in one or more teams already playing in the Expansion Tournament are restricted from obtaining a stake in another Expansion Tournament team without divesting their previous stakes."

You sure the dude has to sell CA or LoLPro stake? says one or more


They basically say there, that they consider Expansion Tournament as LCS and not as Challenger Series (where you can be owner of 2 teams) and Ranked 5 (endless number).

CLG BEELZEHAN, FUCKING PLEASE.
AND PIGLET TO FROST.

Bang-Wolf to K, Paragon-Piccaboo to S.

And actually, jokes aside, Liquid is teasing non-resident in announcement, i just hope that it's not Impactful, with all hype dude is just not Cop.

Well, Freeze did just recently become a free agent...

As a former CW/NiP fan I would be fine with this acquisition.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
orzeu
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland5205 Posts
September 17 2014 14:57 GMT
#4106
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/forgiven-curse-cop-replacement-adc/
Forgiven/Xpecial botlane hype. Now Curse needs new midlaner.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 15:13:22
September 17 2014 15:09 GMT
#4107
On September 17 2014 23:57 orzeu wrote:
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/forgiven-curse-cop-replacement-adc/
Forgiven/Xpecial botlane hype. Now Curse needs new midlaner.

LOL I was actually gonna talk about how Forg1ven has been talking about playing in NA but I couldn't find the specific tweet.

Edit: Also important to note is the article mentions that Cop is apparently going to replace Impactful on CA.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 15:19:46
September 17 2014 15:18 GMT
#4108
Forgiven playing against Doublelift, his dream comes true :D
Hope, he succeeds, but anyway, all Curse's success will be about next meta shift, how it goes in s5, because as we all know, having legit botlane is just ~30%.

If Cop is going to replace Impactful in CA, is Impactful going to LolPro or what?
Or it's another "We're Curse and we like to give talents" thing?
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 15:45:44
September 17 2014 15:41 GMT
#4109
Holy shit a joke TL roster swap we circlejerked about actually happened
As for cop on CA, that pretty much guarantees that CA makes it through expansion tournament so good for them
Glorious SEA doto
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
September 17 2014 16:59 GMT
#4110
I never thought it was a joke, after Bunny got benched for Xpecial without second thought, it was obvious to me that Crs will get either Forgiven or Freeze now that they are out of contracts. I'm just glad Cop is back with Bunny And while I don't necessarily think IWD needs replacement, I wonder if Voy won't keep setting the team back.

As for Svenskeren (spoilering so people who are sick of the topic don't have to read):
+ Show Spoiler +
I just remembered that there was a common joke of naming people and objects in "chinese" by using a combination of words that kinda sound like something said in chinese. One in particular I remember is "How do you call a stealer in Chinese? Ching-chang-chong, wallet-gone" (it rhymes in polish). These jokes were printed in kid magazines. Growing up here, I could never tell that it's something offensive. I honestly didn't even know how one would be racist towards asian people. So unless Riot specifically instructed the players not to use that phrase (or not make fun of how their language sounds), I believe he could really not understand how people will react to the way he acted. Adding to ytrasil's comments - I've had a similar thing happen to me. Everything I knew about young african americans, the way they talk and act, is from listening to hip-hop and watching fighting game streams. So I thought the n-word is something you can just casually throw around, and only after a year or two I learned that it's complicated and I actually should avoid using it most of the time, after I thought for a long time that it's perfectly fine in every informal environment. Quite frankly, I think that nowadays it's very easy to be offensive without knowing you are.

Also, I never thought that Thorin's comments about my country were something to rage about. But I understand that someone could deem these comments unpleasant and therefore not think highly of Thorin and therefore not want him to be paid for analyzing games at the event they attend. And obviously it's very similar here with Svenskeren - knowingly or not, he stepped out of line and is getting punished for it. But I really don't like seeing all these self-righteous comments about him, it's just something about internet culture that will always annoy me.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 17 2014 17:23 GMT
#4111
http://euw.lolesports.com/articles/team-coaches-officially-part-lcs-2015
Official recognition of coaches next year/ go fuck yourself incarnati0n
Glorious SEA doto
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
September 17 2014 17:27 GMT
#4112
On September 18 2014 02:23 Fusilero wrote:
http://euw.lolesports.com/articles/team-coaches-officially-part-lcs-2015
Official recognition of coaches next year/ go fuck yourself incarnati0n

They kinda had to take this step after the drama with Incarnation around Worlds.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
September 17 2014 17:28 GMT
#4113
On September 18 2014 02:23 Fusilero wrote:
http://euw.lolesports.com/articles/team-coaches-officially-part-lcs-2015
Official recognition of coaches next year/ go fuck yourself incarnati0n


>> Jacob Toft-Andersen, Team Owner of Alliance

So, now we know that Maelk is registered as owner by Alex Garfield, lomo.

>> In the meantime, we’d love to hear your thoughts about coaches who’ve made a real difference this season. We look forward to welcoming a wider bench of coaches in the 2015 season – and watching them inspire teams to even greater levels of competition.

Inb4, Reddit goes full "support incarnati0n" mode outside of those retards who still think that he's toxic ddoser, Riot gives no fuck, SK are only team without supported coach next season.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Yttrasil
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden651 Posts
September 17 2014 17:36 GMT
#4114
On September 18 2014 01:59 AlterKot wrote:
I never thought it was a joke, after Bunny got benched for Xpecial without second thought, it was obvious to me that Crs will get either Forgiven or Freeze now that they are out of contracts. I'm just glad Cop is back with Bunny And while I don't necessarily think IWD needs replacement, I wonder if Voy won't keep setting the team back.

As for Svenskeren (spoilering so people who are sick of the topic don't have to read):
+ Show Spoiler +
I just remembered that there was a common joke of naming people and objects in "chinese" by using a combination of words that kinda sound like something said in chinese. One in particular I remember is "How do you call a stealer in Chinese? Ching-chang-chong, wallet-gone" (it rhymes in polish). These jokes were printed in kid magazines. Growing up here, I could never tell that it's something offensive. I honestly didn't even know how one would be racist towards asian people. So unless Riot specifically instructed the players not to use that phrase (or not make fun of how their language sounds), I believe he could really not understand how people will react to the way he acted. Adding to ytrasil's comments - I've had a similar thing happen to me. Everything I knew about young african americans, the way they talk and act, is from listening to hip-hop and watching fighting game streams. So I thought the n-word is something you can just casually throw around, and only after a year or two I learned that it's complicated and I actually should avoid using it most of the time, after I thought for a long time that it's perfectly fine in every informal environment. Quite frankly, I think that nowadays it's very easy to be offensive without knowing you are.

Also, I never thought that Thorin's comments about my country were something to rage about. But I understand that someone could deem these comments unpleasant and therefore not think highly of Thorin and therefore not want him to be paid for analyzing games at the event they attend. And obviously it's very similar here with Svenskeren - knowingly or not, he stepped out of line and is getting punished for it. But I really don't like seeing all these self-righteous comments about him, it's just something about internet culture that will always annoy me.


Yeah I feel the exact same way you do about this. It is an unfortunate mistake and unless he was EXPLICITLY told not to say this specific thing there is little to no way of knowing it could be offensive if you've been brought up in a place where it is not part of life. Just for fun, I googled, how to act and behave in Taiwan, China... read 5 different websites with maybe 5 pages each and none mentioned this or anything even remotely similar to it, so there is little to no chance it or anything similar was brought up in the meeting.

The discussion has been had for a long long time in the US and people know how to act in the US and now the ground is extremely fragile because of all the shit that happened over there. If you are still a kid like Svenskeren there has been little time to learn everything, and it was not taught to him by Riot or any other Chinese before. I've met countless people that don't know what a Nazi cross is and some that have worn it on their clothes without even knowing its meaning, all of which have been very nice people. The correct way to handle that is not by severely punish them for not knowing the meaning, it is to educate them as they had absolutely no bad intent with wearing such clothing. Hence, in Svenskerens case I think it is very unfortunate as the actual punishment is unwarranted and affects the whole team.

Just for discussion, can anyone inform me of from what specific incidents the Taiwanese gets the actual racism connection as there from my knowledge can't be any long term animosity in Taiwan between white people and them. Or is it more based on what has happened in other places?
Meh
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
September 17 2014 17:50 GMT
#4115
On September 18 2014 02:36 Yttrasil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2014 01:59 AlterKot wrote:
I never thought it was a joke, after Bunny got benched for Xpecial without second thought, it was obvious to me that Crs will get either Forgiven or Freeze now that they are out of contracts. I'm just glad Cop is back with Bunny And while I don't necessarily think IWD needs replacement, I wonder if Voy won't keep setting the team back.

As for Svenskeren (spoilering so people who are sick of the topic don't have to read):
+ Show Spoiler +
I just remembered that there was a common joke of naming people and objects in "chinese" by using a combination of words that kinda sound like something said in chinese. One in particular I remember is "How do you call a stealer in Chinese? Ching-chang-chong, wallet-gone" (it rhymes in polish). These jokes were printed in kid magazines. Growing up here, I could never tell that it's something offensive. I honestly didn't even know how one would be racist towards asian people. So unless Riot specifically instructed the players not to use that phrase (or not make fun of how their language sounds), I believe he could really not understand how people will react to the way he acted. Adding to ytrasil's comments - I've had a similar thing happen to me. Everything I knew about young african americans, the way they talk and act, is from listening to hip-hop and watching fighting game streams. So I thought the n-word is something you can just casually throw around, and only after a year or two I learned that it's complicated and I actually should avoid using it most of the time, after I thought for a long time that it's perfectly fine in every informal environment. Quite frankly, I think that nowadays it's very easy to be offensive without knowing you are.

Also, I never thought that Thorin's comments about my country were something to rage about. But I understand that someone could deem these comments unpleasant and therefore not think highly of Thorin and therefore not want him to be paid for analyzing games at the event they attend. And obviously it's very similar here with Svenskeren - knowingly or not, he stepped out of line and is getting punished for it. But I really don't like seeing all these self-righteous comments about him, it's just something about internet culture that will always annoy me.


Yeah I feel the exact same way you do about this. It is an unfortunate mistake and unless he was EXPLICITLY told not to say this specific thing there is little to no way of knowing it could be offensive if you've been brought up in a place where it is not part of life. Just for fun, I googled, how to act and behave in Taiwan, China... read 5 different websites with maybe 5 pages each and none mentioned this or anything even remotely similar to it, so there is little to no chance it or anything similar was brought up in the meeting.

The discussion has been had for a long long time in the US and people know how to act in the US and now the ground is extremely fragile because of all the shit that happened over there. If you are still a kid like Svenskeren there has been little time to learn everything, and it was not taught to him by Riot or any other Chinese before. I've met countless people that don't know what a Nazi cross is and some that have worn it on their clothes without even knowing its meaning, all of which have been very nice people. The correct way to handle that is not by severely punish them for not knowing the meaning, it is to educate them as they had absolutely no bad intent with wearing such clothing. Hence, in Svenskerens case I think it is very unfortunate as the actual punishment is unwarranted and affects the whole team.

Just for discussion, can anyone inform me of from what specific incidents the Taiwanese gets the actual racism connection as there from my knowledge can't be any long term animosity in Taiwan between white people and them. Or is it more based on what has happened in other places?


It's not even about racism, everyone who has brains knows that Svenskeren is just complete retard, but he never even thought about such possibility.
Riot are just acting in recent NFL style with banning Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson, whole situation is more about "Riot should be crystal clean, we're acting as angels".

ESL in that case just acted in same fashion and in general, i guess, it was just too retarded for Thooorin to say it live :D Everyone knows that almost everything he said is truth, but eh, world ain't ready.

LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 17:56:47
September 17 2014 17:52 GMT
#4116
TIL you realize that Svenskeren had to attend a cultural seminar about respect for other countries before that whole thing ...

I really feel bad for CandyPanda & nRated though. These guys have acted as class acts throughout this season. Riot should've just docked Svenskeren's pay by like 30K or something.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
September 17 2014 18:01 GMT
#4117
There was an article on lolesports about SK recently and they actually credited Incarnation for his success as a coach. http://eune.lolesports.com/articles/sk-gaming-mind-over-matter

So it's not like Riot will pretend they didn't know or acknowledge him prior to that, they'll just say that rules have changed.

Or maybe unban him.

Crs Incarnation the dream.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Yttrasil
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden651 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 18:10:23
September 17 2014 18:03 GMT
#4118
A cultural seminar does not equal explaining every aspect of how not to offend people, that stuff is complicated, especially on the god damn internet. I've studied my masters in international business and have had countless courses how to behave in different countries and cultures such as China. Know people from all over the world I've met all around the world. Nothing remotely similar was ever brought up, even when I studied specific courses about these specific things abroad in Asia! Nor has it been brought up in Sweden in any other specific instance so, either there is an extreme circumstance and something of a 0.0001 probabilty of only me and Svenskeren not knowing that Ching Chong, could be offensive to some people. Hence I strongly believe that he thought he was behaving respectfully trying to joke or interact in a friendly manner with a fan. As a result the punishment is not warranted and extremely unfair.

Edit: This is in relation to this specific incident and none of Svenskerens other bad behavior, just because he behaved badly in another instance does make him a culprit here.
Meh
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
September 17 2014 18:05 GMT
#4119
On September 18 2014 03:03 Yttrasil wrote:
A cultural seminar does not equal explaining every aspect of how not to offend people, that stuff is complicated, especially on the god damn internet. I've studied my masters in international business and have had countless courses how to behave in different countries and cultures such as China. Know people from all over the world I've met all around the world. Nothing remotely similar was ever brought up, even when I studied specific courses about these specific things abroad in Asia! Nor has it been brought up in Sweden in any other specific instance so, either there is an extreme circumstance and something of a 0.0001 probabilty of only me and Svenskeren not knowing that Ching Chong, could be offensive to some people. Hence I strongly believe that he thought he was behaving respectfully trying to joke or interact in a friendly manner with a fan. As a result the punishment is not warranted and extremely unfair.


Look you can ching chong with your g/f (have you tried it yet? I bet that will go over well) all you want but however you strongly believe it's not offensive, the fact of the matter was it was to the recipients.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-17 18:09:07
September 17 2014 18:07 GMT
#4120
On September 18 2014 03:03 Yttrasil wrote:
As a result the punishment is not warranted and extremely unfair.

Oh, I actually abide by the "Not knowing the law is not an excuse" rule, so I don't think Riot did anything wrong. I just don't get what people base their hate on Sven from, other than some contextless screenshots from private convos that make him look bad. And I can easily believe that there was no ill intention and he could honestly don't know it's wrong, especially after reading your and killerdog's posts.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 328 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_57
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
XBOCT318
B2W.Neo304
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King92
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1388
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 4m
The PondCast
22h 4m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.