• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:11
CEST 16:11
KST 23:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8773 users

Huge Explosion in Oslo - Page 106

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 Next
I can't believe this still is needed but religious and gun control side discussions will be met with harsh penalties from page 52 and onwards.
bella.test
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway24 Posts
July 23 2011 04:04 GMT
#2101
This is so bad, I don't even know what to say
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
July 23 2011 04:04 GMT
#2102
any more information about him beeing fjordman?
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Krikan
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway520 Posts
July 23 2011 04:07 GMT
#2103
I could try to make an OP, but never done it before so would probably fuck something up. >_<

Shit, just realized it's 6 am. :<
Naniwa on making the MLG finals: Uh, it's ok.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
July 23 2011 04:08 GMT
#2104
On July 23 2011 13:07 Krikan wrote:
I could try to make an OP, but never done it before so would probably fuck something up. >_<

Shit, just realized it's 6 am. :<

I doubt it, give it a go!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
July 23 2011 04:10 GMT
#2105
On July 23 2011 13:07 Krikan wrote:
I could try to make an OP, but never done it before so would probably fuck something up. >_<

Shit, just realized it's 6 am. :<


I know, but how to sleep ? I can't turn of the television even though it's almost all repetition at this point...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
July 23 2011 04:11 GMT
#2106
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Krikan
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway520 Posts
July 23 2011 04:11 GMT
#2107
I'll make an OP I guess, not gonna sleep anyways I think. Gonna be a bit hard to add english sources though, any sites that would be preferred, or should I just write down what happened and give links to pictures etc for those who are interested?
Naniwa on making the MLG finals: Uh, it's ok.
lethal111
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada460 Posts
July 23 2011 04:12 GMT
#2108
My condolences goes out to everyone that has been harmed by the bombing and I hope your alright!
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
July 23 2011 04:13 GMT
#2109
Does anyone who lives in the oslo/akerhus area tell me if that just now was thunder or if it was another bomb?
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
July 23 2011 04:13 GMT
#2110
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


Dude wtf? You go charge a guy with an automatic rifle...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
July 23 2011 04:14 GMT
#2111
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


We don't know if anyone tried to go all hero on him. Probably some tried to but that would have required some kind of coordination with other people to go right. We can't know for sure right now. Of course if they all turned and run into his direction he wouldn't have killed that many, but it is so easy to say that and so hard to do.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
VanGarde
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden755 Posts
July 23 2011 04:14 GMT
#2112
Why do we need a second op in the first place? This one has been going since the beginning. The only reason there are two op's is because someone did not read the forum rules and made a second one long after this one was already up. Imo close the other thread.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
shabbit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States13 Posts
July 23 2011 04:16 GMT
#2113
Krikan - thank goodness you're safe and that you had Matti with you. I'm in a bit of shock myself; I can't imagine how you're dealing with it. I just hope that I have the presence of mind to do all that you did in such an emergency. Did a boat pick you up?
rasnj
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1959 Posts
July 23 2011 04:16 GMT
#2114
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...

How do you know he is there to kill you. He was in a police uniform and tried to convince people that he was there to help by saying that there was a sniper. Also there was never 500people together. People were spread all over the islands and people realized what was happening at different points of time. Personally I would rather take the chance of hiding till SWAT (or the Norwegian equivalent) arrived.

Maybe if you were given full information and allowed to make a reasoned response beforehand they should have attacked, but I suspect most people panic and run when they hear gunshots.
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
July 23 2011 04:18 GMT
#2115
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


This is Nazi extermination all over again : why didn't the Jews attacked the guards (Jews outnumbered guards in most scenarios?)

Human cowardise?
Fear of death?

I really don't know. But one can assume that these kids shared some of the feelings of the Nazi's victims.

IMO, it takes ALOT of courage/boldness to decide to risk your own life (for a gain that is uncertain). Of course, if all the kids would of charged the killer, they would have disarmed him easily. But WHO is willing to die first? Who is willing to die to show the example? In a moment of panic, its very hard to coordinate a strike. Without some coordination, its just one guy rushing toward the shooter ; not too hard to shoot down
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
July 23 2011 04:19 GMT
#2116
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


There's always a few morons who make posts like this.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
July 23 2011 04:19 GMT
#2117
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


Are you kidding me? This is nonsense and really insulting to everyone that died and got injured.

This is not an action movie. There is terror involved. There is the sense of being powerless. There is the instinct of survival kicking in and trying to do anything to stay alive. All while some psycho is shooting down everyone around you in cold blood.

No one would randomly charge this guy in this situation. Everyone was desperately trying to survive. You can talk tough all you want. I know I'd be running like hell if I was in this situation. No one wants to be the one sacrificing himself to jump him, even if people did decide to group up on him.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Krikan
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway520 Posts
July 23 2011 04:22 GMT
#2118
On July 23 2011 13:16 shabbit wrote:
Krikan - thank goodness you're safe and that you had Matti with you. I'm in a bit of shock myself; I can't imagine how you're dealing with it. I just hope that I have the presence of mind to do all that you did in such an emergency. Did a boat pick you up?

It's a blog from someone else. >_< I added it almost instantly I believe, I'll make it more visible. Sorry.
Naniwa on making the MLG finals: Uh, it's ok.
Bobble
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia1493 Posts
July 23 2011 04:23 GMT
#2119
On July 23 2011 13:16 shabbit wrote:
Krikan - thank goodness you're safe and that you had Matti with you. I'm in a bit of shock myself; I can't imagine how you're dealing with it. I just hope that I have the presence of mind to do all that you did in such an emergency. Did a boat pick you up?


Krikan is translating a blog for us, he isn't the actual girl.
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
July 23 2011 04:23 GMT
#2120
On July 23 2011 13:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
I really wonder sometimes just how like sheep people can be. I mean, it sickens me more than anything else seeing a man kill another, defenseless man or woman, but why do people make themselves so defenseless? if someone is coming for you with a gun and you know he's willing to kill you, the only sane option is to fight your best or clear out. If you can't clear out, you make him work to kill you, and maybe you get lucky.

I know these people were kids, mostly, but kids are often the bravest of people. You couldn't expect any other outcome, but I could have hoped 500 vs 1 with some weapons is better odds than it worked out to be...


Do you know what happens when people without guns fight against people with guns?

This isn't Call of Duty. Knives aren't better than guns. It only takes one bullet to kill a person.

Just one.

Doesn't even need to hit anything super important.

Nevertheless, talk is cheap. Fear is real. Panic is real. Adrenaline is real. It's nice and easy to say "fight back" from the outside. But the reality of the situation is even if there was a moment when it was a reasonable response, the CHILDREN you're saying should have fought back were scared, hopeless, operating on base instincts, and couldn't trust anyone because they believed the police were killing them. There's a reason we don't send unarmed children to war. Because the trained adult with the rifle will win.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Yoon 127
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Sea.KH 79
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Dewaltoss 60
Hyun 60
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4765
qojqva2275
Dendi1025
Counter-Strike
Fnx 6
Other Games
olofmeister1380
hiko939
B2W.Neo706
Lowko337
crisheroes300
DeMusliM286
XBOCT232
Pyrionflax213
Liquid`VortiX186
Livibee184
Hui .180
QueenE87
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV858
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV670
League of Legends
• Jankos2128
• Nemesis2051
• TFBlade706
Other Games
• Shiphtur108
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 49m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.