• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:23
CEST 13:23
KST 20:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9437 users

[R] The IP Ban Me Thread

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:04 GMT
#1
No this isn't a troll. This isn't a joke. This is a real post by me.

Over the past five years, I have sat squandering my skills and just acquiring one. The ability to micro and macro. I have lost friends, I have missed my own birthdays, and new years parties. I did it all. We all have at one time in our lives. But when does one draw the line?

Well.. for me its when my graphics card blew. I realized its time to give up StarCraft. At this point in my life I can say with truth, that I fucked myself with a big giant SCpeen. I created a seperate world which was fun, but become the only world I lived with. SC/TL/SCII now. Had I finished school, had I been in university, or on the road of success at least, then this would not have to be a thing to do. But the truth is I did quit school at a young age, then acquired my own PC, and we know what happens when you find StarCraft at 16 years old. You either become the addict that WoW best describes or you make something of yourself in the StarCraft culture that exists. I did the FAIL one.

So I ask any TL Admin, if he can contact someone with the authority to IP Ban me. Not my account, but the IP Address I come from. Even though my graphics card died I still want to visit TL, and that will just keep me in the loop enough for me to go out and get the supplies to start gaming SC again. Which is the opposite of what my life needs.

When I am done becoming successful. I will PM a friend who is a TL member and then ask him to remind the Admin of this and then remove the IP Ban. For now though, its what I need more than ever. No ones fault by my own. I let it get too far.

User was banned for this post.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 15:08:12
September 05 2010 15:07 GMT
#2
You could have PM's a mod - why place this thread in general for maximum views? Good riddance I say.

E: Oh wow and it's moved to blogs the moment I reply.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:09 GMT
#3
oh so others like me can post here in teh future lol
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:10 GMT
#4
but i guess a blog works they cant bump these tho? you must not interpret this the wrong way, i wrote it for a reason you could have read.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 15:13:16
September 05 2010 15:11 GMT
#5
but can the admin who saw this get the news out asap. this is the gateway drug to the sc drug. thats my fact.

edit: for me at least ive went months without internet but always find ways for TL and eventually got SC. so being able to visit tl gave me teh urge time and time until eventually i made sure i could play sc. this is because i enjoy them both equally i rate them the same. most fun ive had, and most damage as well. but how can a game and a website be the most fun. That is an obvious iP ban in the need. Desperate here... comon anyone I WANT DISNEY WORLD. ive really never been.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 05 2010 15:13 GMT
#6
I think you may want to consider growing up and getting it done yourself :o
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:13 GMT
#7
forums are so harsh, but at the same time its not going to bother me.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 05 2010 15:16 GMT
#8
Forums will always be harsh to people like you who will spam threads to get attention.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
green.at
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Austria1459 Posts
September 05 2010 15:16 GMT
#9
my favourite canadian leaving TL? ;(

well, i wish you all the best of luck outside of starcraft/TL. good bye
Inputting special characters into chat should no longer cause the game to crash.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:18 GMT
#10
yeah im having truble getting IP banned, they think its a joke. but if they only knew what i do when i have sc/tl :\ its not bad if your on the right track, but ive went to school, and quit school year after year after year, from sleep. I give in way to easily yes, my fault. But eliminate these things, and there is no room for fault.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:19 GMT
#11
can an admin PM me who to PM thats able to IP ban me.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
September 05 2010 15:22 GMT
#12
You can't ever leave wishbones... join us...
You can't leave...
You can't leave...
You can't leave...
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
September 05 2010 15:26 GMT
#13
ahh there probably all watching GO4 or w.e ima do this up in the IRC.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
September 05 2010 15:26 GMT
#14
You cant just leave tl man, its not possible, i've pmed mods to perma ban me when ive gotten frustrated with my personal life being fucked up by me spending too much time here and they never do, just learn to take control (i still havent lol) and if you can't just take a month break and that helps alot
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 15:30:44
September 05 2010 15:26 GMT
#15
I don't think it's a joke, I think you're acting like an immature brat.

But since I can't stop myself from being helpful - here's how you can do things yourself. If you're on a modern windows system
Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts or c:\windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc\hosts (64-bit windows) with notepad
at the bottom of the file add this line:

127.0.0.1 www.teamliquid.net

and save the file. You won't be able to visit the site then. If you're on a Mac or *nix, hopefully you know how to alter your hosts as well.

Considering that mods have moved one of your threads and closed the other (another sign of unwarranted self-importance), they've seen your thread and decided already not to fulfill your request.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
September 05 2010 15:27 GMT
#16
On September 06 2010 00:22 zerglingsfolife wrote:
You can't ever leave wishbones... join us...
You can't leave...
You can't leave...
You can't leave...


lmao, sounds like a scavenger room from dungeon keeper...
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
September 05 2010 15:27 GMT
#17
well...sc2 has been killing the competetive side for me and i cant go back to bw cuz it wont go fullscreen and so wish i say goodbye and good luck to you
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 15:30:25
September 05 2010 15:28 GMT
#18
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 06 2010 00:16 green.at wrote:
my favourite canadian leaving TL? ;(

well, i wish you all the best of luck outside of starcraft/TL. good bye


Naw bro, I'm not going anywhere.


I don't see any point in making a thread / blog about this. PM an admin, don't try and make it seem all "OMG IM GOING TO BE MISSED I WANT MY NAME REMEBERED" If that's what you are trying to do.

There was another site where someone did this, It's so pointless it's not like you are going to get thrown a going-away-party. Also, I don't see any point in getting IP banned, why not just not go on TL? It doesn't make sense. same with the "please temp ban me, I need school,etc." you can still read the forums nothing will change and you will go insane.

On September 06 2010 00:26 Zona wrote:
I don't think it's a joke, I think you're acting like an immature brat.

But since I can't stop myself from being helpful - here's how you can do things yourself. If you're on a modern windows system
Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts or c:\windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc\hosts (64-bit windows) with notepad
at the bottom of the file add this line:

127.0.0.1 www.teamliquid.net

and save the file. You won't be able to visit the site then. If you're on a Mac or *nix, hopefully you know how to alter your hosts as well.

This info is correct. I don't see why you would want to get "IP banned" it's just immature.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 15:30:05
September 05 2010 15:29 GMT
#19
yea thanks unit! nah it has nothing to do with competative stuff. lol and i can undo that myself to the guy who posted the alternative method?

wthell lol i dont want to be missed, you spend much time on forums lol.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
September 05 2010 15:32 GMT
#20
wait, let me get this straight: you want to be permanently banned from TL?
✌
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 832
WardiTV291
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 13117
StarCastTV_EN395
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko325
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 15997
Bisu 4461
Jaedong 4053
EffOrt 1249
BeSt 834
ZerO 507
Horang2 448
Pusan 298
actioN 290
Zeus 241
[ Show more ]
Larva 211
Hyun 151
Mind 138
Barracks 97
ggaemo 79
Killer 50
scan(afreeca) 44
Yoon 43
Sharp 42
Bale 37
ToSsGirL 36
NotJumperer 31
Shinee 30
Hm[arnc] 21
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
zelot 8
Dota 2
Dendi426
League of Legends
JimRising 320
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1679
byalli802
markeloff1
Other Games
crisheroes250
Pyrionflax180
DeMusliM107
dupreeh105
Mew2King63
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
League of Legends
• Jankos1065
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 37m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.