• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:09
CEST 01:09
KST 08:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

GosuCoaching: Trials and Tribulations... /rant

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 06:58:24
August 24 2010 06:52 GMT
#1
So this is the gist of the situation. I signed up for a big session @ gosucoaching.com, their $195 package. I wanted incontrol to coach me. However, this is in no way a slight towards incontrol or his coaching abilities in any way whatsoever. This is specifically directed towards their management which is extremely bad.

The initial e-mails they sent me were extremely vague, giving no details on how I was supposed to get in touch with my coach or how to set up times or anything with any substance. I talked to Xeris on aim a couple of times and he was helpful for the most part, but most of his help revolved around e-mailing gosucoaching about my problems.

I had a coaching session scheduled on the 18th with incontrol from 3-5pm (I didn't know if this was eastern/central/pacific time, so I was there an hour early and waited until 5:30 pm my time which is central). I aim'd Xeris and he informed me that Incontrol was going to Dubai (a gosucoaching customer flew him out [found this out today] which is pretty lawlz imo due to my situation). So I e-mailed gosucoaching with a pretty stern, but fair (get it?) e-mail. They responded and were all apologetic; giving the whole "yeah ur right, ur right" deal. Then I got an e-mail from them asking about what days and time blocks during those days were good for me. Obviously, I'm finally happy that they took some interest in their duties as a business, and they also implied (didn't say, but implied) that incontrol wouldn't be available so they offered me inka or future as a new coach. I decided on future and scheduled the coaching session for the 23rd, monday, or yesterday for all you tweekers out there from 9-11 pm (still didn't say what time zone, so I assumed eastern). I eagerly awaited a pm from future on b.net from 6pm - 10pm which never came. So I e-mailed gosucoaching @ 8:11pm my time, and then again just moments ago with no reply.

I'm not demanding a refund yet, because I have not heard back from gosucoaching. I signed up for gosucoaching for two reasons. One, being that I want to improve. Two, I wanted to help out a "business" that came from within the community that wanted to give back to the community. I definitely don't want to ask for a refund because I really want to support them and I want to spread the word about how great of an asset they are to the community. But as of right now I'm just not seeing it, and I'm extremely disappointed with everything that they have done thus far.

Thanks for reading,

Adam aka "TheGWi"


p.s.

yeah i know there are going to be some posts that are ever so trite and say something of the "dont pay them just practice more har har har" so thanks for the advice in advance.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
gods_basement
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
August 24 2010 06:57 GMT
#2
i'm sure that they would rather you ask for a refund than tarnish the public image of their service.

in the business world, they say that an internal failure costs 10x the cost of the product, but an external failure (one that gets out) costs 100x the cost of the product
(TT~TT)
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 24 2010 06:59 GMT
#3
Wow that sucks! That seems so stupid....but you should definitely ask for their time zone...to save on that waiting time.

T_T that sucks
Jaedong :3
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 07:01 GMT
#4
Tarnish? Hardly. They have plenty of good reviews on TL. I am just blogging about my experience with them.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
Nfi
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States357 Posts
August 24 2010 07:17 GMT
#5
Sooo you payed 200$ for a subpar player to teach you a game thats still basically new. I am the only one that sees anything wrong with this?

User was warned for this post
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person, give man a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
August 24 2010 07:20 GMT
#6
On August 24 2010 16:17 Nfi wrote:
Sooo you payed 200$ for a subpar player to teach you a game thats still basically new. I am the only one that sees anything wrong with this?


Its his money he spends it how he damn well wants to spend it.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
August 24 2010 07:21 GMT
#7
On August 24 2010 16:17 Nfi wrote:
Sooo you payed 200$ for a subpar player to teach you a game thats still basically new. I am the only one that sees anything wrong with this?

It's his money, he earned it. He can spend it on whatever he wants.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
tiffany
Profile Joined November 2003
3664 Posts
August 24 2010 07:38 GMT
#8
ok so the first time you tried to schedule a match both parties failed to specify a time zone. that is almost understandable. then when you try to schedule it again you once again fail to specify a time zone. why did you let it happen again? even if you happened to have enough free time to sit around to cover all four possible US time zones, it still doesn't make sense to me that you would agree to anything without a clear time zone.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
August 24 2010 07:40 GMT
#9
Sup gwi... dont pay them just practice more imo.

Practice more with me specifically.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 07:45:31
August 24 2010 07:44 GMT
#10
On August 24 2010 16:17 Nfi wrote:
Sooo you payed 200$ for a subpar player to teach you a game thats still basically new. I am the only one that sees anything wrong with this?


Have you been coached by incontrol? Plenty of coaches aren't super players...

Edit: On-topic... this review DOES have an effect on other people b/c if I was considering coaching after seeing this I most certainly wouldn't want to trust them with my money...

I await a response from GC
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 07:49 GMT
#11
On August 24 2010 16:38 tiffany wrote:
ok so the first time you tried to schedule a match both parties failed to specify a time zone. that is almost understandable. then when you try to schedule it again you once again fail to specify a time zone. why did you let it happen again? even if you happened to have enough free time to sit around to cover all four possible US time zones, it still doesn't make sense to me that you would agree to anything without a clear time zone.



yeah this is true and I added that in response to an e-mail that I sent to them where I said that I assumed it was EST, and they sent me back a response giving me 9pm-11pm w/o a time zone. I told them that I assumed it was EST and they did not tell me different and the US pretty much operates on EST (TV etc) wouldn't you believe that it would be in the EST?
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 07:52 GMT
#12
On August 24 2010 16:40 SnowFantasy wrote:
Sup gwi... dont pay them just practice more imo.

Practice more with me specifically.



I <3 you tetris! FUCK YOU NO! lolol.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
category
Profile Joined July 2009
United States85 Posts
August 24 2010 07:52 GMT
#13
i think most of them live in PST
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 07:55 GMT
#14
LOL OKAY! regardless of timezone I was/have been online during the PST hours that the coaching session should have taken place.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 07:59:18
August 24 2010 07:58 GMT
#15
I'm definitely sorry about this, but for one - I don't deal at all with scheduling or processing of stuff, I just run tournaments and write news content for the website. Secondly, it could very well be that the reason you haven't gotten a response in the past few days is because Louder is moving to a new house and doesn't have internet back up yet. I know he hired an assistant, but perhaps that person is not doing her job? I'm not sure.

Either way, I apologize for the inconvenience to you because none of that excuses the fact that you haven't been helped yet.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 08:22 GMT
#16
I absolutely understand Xeris, and like I said in my post you've been extremely helpful. I did not know about Louder's move, and his assistant is doing an extremely poor job imho. Also, as I said in my original post, I definitely want to have a good experience with gosucoaching and definitely want to spread the grace of gosucoaching. But, I'm extremely frustrated with how it's being ran. I mean this has been going on for about two weeks now. So forgive me if you think that I'm being too harsh or what have you, but you can't say that I am venting with no provocation. I'm sure anyone else would do the same thing or act in a completely irrational manner (which I do not think I am doing).

Thanks for the apology and all your help. But I would really like to see some results within the next couple of days or I will have to demand a refund.

Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
August 24 2010 08:39 GMT
#17
this thread is full of wrong.




User was warned for this post
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
August 24 2010 09:18 GMT
#18
On August 24 2010 17:39 Coagulation wrote:
this thread is full of wrong.




How so? I don't really understand your post, it's extremely vague.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
August 24 2010 09:25 GMT
#19
GWi I miss your beautiful voice.

Your manly, beautiful voice...
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 24 2010 09:54 GMT
#20
On August 24 2010 17:39 Coagulation wrote:
this thread is full of wrong.




Posting idiotic stuff like that gets you warned/temp banned... you should know this.

Anywho, cool to see that Xeris responded quickly
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 167
ProTech167
ViBE90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12656
910 68
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever351
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift5054
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4014
Other Games
summit1g4866
C9.Mang0385
JimRising 379
ToD175
PPMD39
JuggernautJason33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick535
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• poizon28 45
• RyuSc2 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21688
League of Legends
• Scarra877
Other Games
• imaqtpie1044
• Shiphtur582
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.