• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10408 users

Do you have losing streaks or is it just me? - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Nabber
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom11 Posts
August 14 2010 17:07 GMT
#61
well right now im trying to stop my losing streak, playing against a terran i go DT, take out most of his base with 4 dt's. He counters with about 30-40 marines, nothing else - i take them out with cannons + dt, but he manages to get my nexus - i bought the dt's so im on 40 minerals 90 gas :/ he then floats a factory out of range of what are now archons, and is sat afk out of range with his one factory and no other buildings. I have a full base of stuff still, minus a nexus :/

Hate playing against terran at the best of times, but this is just stupid; he has no units, any other race this would not be even a slight problem, ps why is archon range only 2?
CookieFactory
Profile Joined June 2010
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-14 22:32:34
August 14 2010 22:32 GMT
#62
I was Gold Rank 1 in my division with a 20-9 record, and then went on a 5 game losing streak vs Diamonds. I then won vs a Plat player and was promoted to Diamond . I'm such a fraud.
shazbot
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5 Posts
August 14 2010 23:12 GMT
#63
In WC3 i started out with a FFA record of around 10-15 and was ranked pretty high. I then proceeded to go on to a 90 game losing streak. :/ ouch lol. No word of a lie and not even a single win in between to help make up for it lol.
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
August 14 2010 23:30 GMT
#64
I think the matchmaking system may have something to do with this... It might not just be poor play based on rage or fatigue or statistics.

If you string together a few wins and improve your rating bnet will match you with better and better players. Perhaps in earlier cases, where you have less than 200 games played it doesn't know exaclt how good you are and puts you against opponents that are simply out of your league to check if you should generally be promoted or placed with higher diamonds. This leads to losing streaks.

After you lose a few and it realizes you're not fit to compete with 1000 rating diamonds it puts you with weaker opponents, maybe some high ranking platinums even, leading to a nice winning spree. Rinse and repeat until the system has a better understanding of your exact skill level from a larger number of games and opponents.

Personally after getting promoted to diamond I went 6-2, then 2-6, then 13-3, and am constantly dreading an impending losing streak once bnet decides I should be playing against the likes of huk and idra lol.
bubusls
Profile Joined March 2010
Romania61 Posts
August 14 2010 23:39 GMT
#65
By that point it becomes like gambling, you lose everything, I know I should just stop right there after the third loss, but I just can't go to bed without a last win, and in the search for it, I bag another 3 losses .
Could I use the term " lings " to refer to ducklings ?
zeb_us
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4 Posts
August 14 2010 23:50 GMT
#66
It's statistics. Flip a coin 100 times, you're going to have a few 6-7 streaks and a lot of 4-5 streaks. If you have a 50% win percentage, this is pretty much expected.
He HATES probes!
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
August 17 2010 22:49 GMT
#67
I lost 170 points in one day =(
From 682 to 512... I dunno how.. I just started getting pissed off when I went on a 3 game losing streak and tried cheesing pretty much every game for like 6 hours. Every loss just fueled me even more into playing ladder to gain back my points. If I were a gambling man I'd probably be broke.

just look at this graph, it makes me sad.
http://sc2ranks.com/us/524508/Sushi
lindn
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden833 Posts
August 17 2010 22:52 GMT
#68
when i win i keep on playing, when i lose to bullshit that's clearly my own fault i just quit playing for a while and get my mood up, only way to escape losing streaks. when i get cheesed i just get pissed of at the player so i never blame myself, usually goes into a winning streak after those for some reason :o
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
August 18 2010 03:04 GMT
#69
I managed a losing streak of 8 once. I have rarely been as angry!

Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
Gedrah
Profile Joined February 2010
465 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-18 04:27:06
August 18 2010 04:25 GMT
#70
On August 14 2010 18:11 DarkSanta wrote:
You forget that if you're losing everything, someone else has to win .


Indeed. The ladder is a zero-sum competition. For each one player's win, there's another player's loss. So for each losing streak you go on, the collective of "everyone else" can be said to be on a winning streak. So in that sense, you're helping make the world a better place... for someone else.

Streaking is worse in gambling, because it often starts when some idiot realizes he's already put a third of his paycheck into poker tables on the 1st of the month, and he now has to win some back because he can't make rent anymore. Then he proceeds to lose the rest.

edit: wtf, I said "Poker" and it didn't form a hotlink to TL poker.
What is a dickfour?
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
August 18 2010 05:58 GMT
#71
think this definitely happens to everyone

just watched trump lose like 10 games in a row on his stream (and he's freakin' awesome)
oursblanc
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1450 Posts
August 18 2010 06:06 GMT
#72
I just lost to 3 Terran in a row.

Granted, I play Terran, but I almost never win TvT. I hate it.
An oasis of horror in a desert of boredom!
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
August 18 2010 06:09 GMT
#73
I lose like 80% of my games vs Terran and win like 80% vs P

around 60% vs Z
and it never leaves this zone
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
maggalo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States77 Posts
August 18 2010 06:17 GMT
#74
I haven't dropped mass positions from it but yeah the last time I sat down to play a bunch of games more than 4/5ths of them were losses still recovering. =/
rawr.
Liquorshot_852
Profile Joined July 2010
Korea (South)72 Posts
August 18 2010 07:12 GMT
#75
if i lose more than 2 in a row then i take the day off.
bodycount
Profile Joined June 2010
Poland36 Posts
August 18 2010 07:49 GMT
#76
You need to change your attitude. Don't play only to win! This way you only get more and more frustrated with each loss added to your streak.

Think of what every loss gave you in terms of game knowledge and just how you can use it in the future to improve as a starcraft player.

Best thread about this sort of mentality: clicky

Certa
Profile Joined July 2010
30 Posts
August 18 2010 07:51 GMT
#77
I went 16-5 one day. I was very satisfied. The next day I played 3 games, lost all of them. Next day played 3 games, lost all of them. Next day I lost the first 6 of my games. Then I won 5 in a row, lost one more and won another. Then I took another break. Yep, loss streaks will happen. So will win streaks. Don't let it bother you. =)
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
August 18 2010 07:52 GMT
#78
Happens to all of us, take a break, watch some videos, go eat, go out for a walk, just reset your frame of mind and then try again.

Also, like said in the Nal_rA Oldboy series, do 10 pushups every time you lose. It gives you time to reflect on your loss, and keeps your body fit a little bit at a time : P
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
ultratorr
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada332 Posts
August 18 2010 07:59 GMT
#79
Strange.... I've had a pretty good win/loss ratio for the first handful of games. Afterwards, my ratio became about 50% so I thought oh ok, I guess this is my level. The 50% ratio lasted for at least a week. Today all of a sudden, I went 3-6 and one of my wins was a disconnect from opponent...

I guess I wasn't fit to play today since I seem to have slower reaction than usual, and cannot think clearly.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 18 2010 08:32 GMT
#80
Everyone has losin streaks. Just today I went on some horrendous 5 game losin streak. Lost like 60 points :[. Got most of it back later though.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
Nina 109
Nathanias 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 498
White-Ra 243
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever416
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4379
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1898
Liquid`Hasu1319
Trikslyr61
Other Games
summit1g6576
Grubby3528
ArmadaUGS880
shahzam678
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0305
ZombieGrub58
Mew2King48
Maynarde0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick409
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• davetesta37
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1089
• Scarra1000
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 54m
OSC
13h 54m
Stellar Fest
13h 54m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.