• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7744 users

Do you have losing streaks or is it just me? - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
August 14 2010 12:55 GMT
#41
I sometimes think it is due to the matchmaking system. It would actually make sense - when you win a lot, it will put you against stronger opponents. If it overestimated you a little, those stronger opponents outplay you and your losing streak begins. The system then sees, the guy is losing a lot, and again puts you against weaker opponents, which is when you start to win again.

I don't know if I like this idea though, my winning and losing streaks not even being up to my performance.
zeox
Profile Joined November 2007
Norway314 Posts
August 14 2010 12:58 GMT
#42
I'm on an incredible losing streak right now, and I just want to quit playing alltogether. I won't, but man is it crushing to have these streaks :/
themineralpatch.com -- twitter.com/inged
Kvz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States463 Posts
August 14 2010 13:03 GMT
#43
lol played 9 high rated terrans the other day. 0-9. losing streak .
NrG.Kvz
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
August 14 2010 13:06 GMT
#44
I have losing streaks all the time. I think I lost 5 in a row yesterday.
It's normal for players of all skill levels and it only makes you stronger!
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
August 14 2010 13:08 GMT
#45
--- Nuked ---
Bair
Profile Joined May 2010
United States698 Posts
August 14 2010 13:13 GMT
#46
Had a 9 game losing streak as zerg, mostly against terrans. Now before you think I am one of those "omg terran is op" let me say ZvT is my best matchup. So far one or two terrans has stopped me once I got ultralisks out.

It cost me 100 points (sitting at 350 right now ) and my mouse because I raged and slammed it against my desk.

Watched the replays, figured out what I was doing wrong (terrible terrible macro) and working on getting those points back. The first win after that though was against a silver player...(and I am in diamond)
In Roaches I Rust.
asmo.0
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway318 Posts
August 14 2010 13:15 GMT
#47
I think everyone has losing streaks to some extent... It's been a while since I lost more than 3 in a row I think, but its happened more than once
Ironically I had a 9 win streak on friday the 13th untill I ended the night with a loss.

The important thing is to not play when angry. Don't just say "Oh fuck that, just wanna play another game to win again!!!", but take a small break to cool down and never play mad. Don't think I've ever played more games than 3 straight after each other if I lose all. And I've noticed a drop in my performance if I'm still pissed from the previous game.

If you dont want to stop playing, just play a custom game for 15mins or something before watching the replay and find out why you lost and what you should change next time.
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
August 14 2010 13:19 GMT
#48
I lost a little more than usual, but not too much. For every game you lose, someone else wins.. so it doesn't have anything to do with the fact its friday the 13th xD
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
Boona
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden45 Posts
August 14 2010 13:37 GMT
#49
If you go on a losing streak, it helps to just go away and fume a bit for 20 mins, then come back and watch the replays. Unless you're like 800+ diamond, you'll realize by the second replay or so that the people you meet are actually pretty bad and the odds will be stacked in your favour as long as you play a safe standard game and don't screw up too badly. That's usually enough to turn a 3-5 loss streak around for me.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
August 14 2010 13:44 GMT
#50
i went from 1 diamond to 60 in one night. I was streaming too and told my viewers that i wouldnt stop till i hit 90 lol. Couldnt keep my promise though, got tired....
Kill the Deathball
nira
Profile Joined April 2010
United States116 Posts
August 14 2010 13:47 GMT
#51
So if everyone loses on friday the 13th...who is taking the wins?!
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
August 14 2010 14:40 GMT
#52
[image loading]

This ^

I had this losing streak like last week, and it has to be worst thing I've ever experienced in gaming. I've had losing streaks in over games before, but it never really affected me because I played games for fun, and had no strong intention of improving. But when you're pouring a lot of effort into your game and lose so much, it'll get to you at some point.

I went from like rank 15 - 17 to the 50's in Diamond league, painful to watch i swear. I'm still recovering right now, and I must say low Diamond players are really bad O.o
VanGarde
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden755 Posts
August 14 2010 14:43 GMT
#53
Being on a loosing streak is kind of like not being able to sleep at night. It touches the same psychological triggers.

You know when you can't fall asleep for hours and you are in bed just thinking, "if I fall asleep now, I will get 4 hours of sleep". "If I fall asleep now I will get 3 hours of sleep". And that stress is whats actually keeping you up.

When you are on a loosing streak, 9 out of 10 people will be looking at the ladder or their wins against losses. "If I win a game again now I will get back to 20'th place in the ladder". "If I win a game now I will get back to the 35'th spot in the ladder". "If I loose one more game now I will be down to more losses than wins" etc".

The key is to find a way to ignore all that stuff, DO NOT look at the ladder while on a loosing streak, don't count wins, rating or how many spots you lost and have to take back.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
JudoChopper
Profile Joined August 2010
England148 Posts
August 14 2010 14:44 GMT
#54
I wouldn't worry about it, look at HOW you lost rather than how many losses, how bad a mistake did you make to lose? Did the opponent just rush you? (I couldn't care less about rush losses).
no
McStupid
Profile Joined May 2010
United States94 Posts
August 14 2010 14:47 GMT
#55
A few nights ago, I had lost 3 in a row, costing me about 34 points.

Then in the next game, the other guy was favored to win, and he quit the game 2 seconds after it started, so I got the win and 40 points, for a net profit of 6 points. Thereby erasing the 3 game point loss.

I felt better. Wasn't a REAL win, but I'd like to think I'd have won anyhow.

After each game, when I review the stats page, I always check to see what rank the guy was that I played. I've gotten a couple Silvers but it's been almost all Bronze to my upper end Bronze.
See "Online Video", the internet's comedy webshow, at www.loudmouthtim.com !
hadoken5
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada519 Posts
August 14 2010 14:50 GMT
#56
I usually stop if I lose 3+ games in a row, because I get too mad so I play worse.
vposud
Profile Joined April 2010
United States36 Posts
August 14 2010 15:17 GMT
#57
On August 14 2010 23:50 hadoken5 wrote:
I usually stop if I lose 3+ games in a row, because I get too mad so I play worse.


I wish i could do that, usually i go on tilt and continue to play until i at least win 2 games in a row. It's a bad habit i need to break cause when i get mad after losing a lot my builds suffer cause i'm to mad to play.
asmo.0
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway318 Posts
August 14 2010 15:49 GMT
#58
This might be the wrong thread partly, but I menetioned earlier than I had a 9win streak yesterday... Well that just came back and shot me in the arse. All of those games were quite easy, no real good players.

However, due to my hidden rating skyrocketing I've now faced the highest tier of diamond for the last 4 games and not stood a chance in either of em... Its very depressing to loose when you know you didnt actually do that much wrong, but were completely outskilled by people with 3 times my apm and tons of experience (Im completely new to rts) playing against good players... So I foresee a long losing streak incoming, doubt it'll stop at just 4.

The last guy I met had 550ish games player, against my 160ish
I was diamond rank 5 in my division before the losses, but as most diamond players I'm quite poor...
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17880 Posts
August 14 2010 15:52 GMT
#59
On August 14 2010 17:11 McStupid wrote:
This friday the 13th was a bad one for me. Over the last 2 days I'd risen to #14 rank in my Bronze division. Then this morning I started playing. Lost 5 in a ROW!!!!!
Anyone else ever have losing streaks like this?



the match maker attempts to find opponents at your level which causes the vast majority of players on the BNet2 ladder to have win percentages close to the 50% level.

flip a coin 5 times... and every once and a while... it'll come up tails 5 times.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
XazXio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States356 Posts
August 14 2010 15:55 GMT
#60
everyone has losing streaks but if you keep playing when your on one you'll just keep losing. its best just to get up and walk away from it for a while then come back to it.
How does food become poo?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
Nina 127
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15411
Rain 2122
Dewaltoss 51
Bale 36
NaDa 31
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
taco 631
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1598
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1353
WinterStarcraft589
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3077
JimRising 639
PiGStarcraft362
ArmadaUGS238
C9.Mang0203
Maynarde148
ViBE108
ZombieGrub18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• practicex 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki199
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo762
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 1m
OSC
10h 1m
Stellar Fest
10h 1m
OSC
21h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.