• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9703 users

[CSL] Powering Up - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 02 2009 06:44 GMT
#21
On September 02 2009 14:49 Xeris wrote:
[image loading]


We Need YOU!
+ Show Spoiler +

We're looking for help!

1) Graphics People - think you're hot shit with photoshop? Lazy art student with tons of free time? PM me so you can make us cool banners and whatnot!

I don't understand. Seems like you have everything you need there. Good job getting involved though and good luck have fun with the league!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 02 2009 06:45 GMT
#22
Have fun getting it all running and best of luck!
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Simple
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States801 Posts
September 02 2009 07:19 GMT
#23
can someone provide a more in-depth summary of the drama that happened in the previous topic?
FaZ-
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States191 Posts
September 02 2009 07:48 GMT
#24
Sounds like fun, hopefully I can scrounge up a team. =)
Diggity
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States806 Posts
September 02 2009 07:59 GMT
#25
You know I am up for casting either way
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
September 02 2009 11:15 GMT
#26
On September 02 2009 16:59 Diggity wrote:
You know I am up for casting either way


I'm drooling with anticipation.

This is nice though Xeris, I'm glad some people aren't trying to milk out money from poor game playing college students.
Sullifam
ziz
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
203 Posts
September 02 2009 11:56 GMT
#27
this is a good news! good job haze and xeris
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
September 02 2009 12:12 GMT
#28
woah, who's the overmind in this case?

I'm sure he's pissed if it's what I think it is...
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
vAltyR
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States581 Posts
September 02 2009 12:28 GMT
#29
Great job! Looking forward to this very much!
내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
September 02 2009 12:32 GMT
#30
good.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
September 02 2009 12:37 GMT
#31
On September 02 2009 15:26 Mortician wrote:
awesome job


I read your sig and your post together, thought it said "terrible job".

But awesome job indeed.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 02 2009 12:53 GMT
#32
Those CSL guys are such a joke. -_- The tournament, from a spectators point of view, never was too good and definitely can't be compared to anything like the TSL. Also, I firmly believe the VoE thing is completely useless and I have no idea what the point of that is. Charging for a good tournament would be one thing, but this is kind of like something like a SC2GG Star Cup, although probably a bit lower skill level still. Sure, it's the colleges and blahblah, but... yeah, it's always been just a fun tournament to me. Trying to make money off a tournament that barely allows any good playeres to play... *Sighs*

That being said, I'm sure this will turn out well. At least a lot better than the original corrupted one would have. I'm not sure where they're going to advertize, hopefully SC2GG at least will screw them over.

I'm kind of sad, though. I really wanted to flame them in the original thread before it got closed. T_T

And about costs, you can host on a free website, stream on livestream, have a thread on teamliquid, make banners with paint, use notepad for information, whatever. No one cares what things look like as long as it gets the point accross. At least I don't.

However, I guess that's not even an issue and with Xeris this is likely going to become the best CSL yet, so have fun everyone ^_^
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 02 2009 13:58 GMT
#33
+ Show Spoiler +

Hazel :

Greetings, Cerebrate. By now you've realized that I've severed your connection with the Overmind and your renegade brethren. Understand, it's nothing personal. I just can't risk you falling under their influence. You're mine now. Serve me unquestioningly, and I'll let you live.

Xeris :

My Queen, pardon me for interrupting, but the visitors you have been expecting have arrived.

Hazel :

Finally. They certainly took their time.

Chill :

Yeah, well none of us were in any real hurry to get here, Hazel.

Hazel :

Still suspicious of my motives, Chill?

Chill :

Always.

Hazel :

Heh. When I contacted you both on Aiur, I told you about the new Overmind and about the VoE that seeks to control it. Well, the VoE has done it. They've tamed the Overmind and now control most of the Zerg broods in this sector. That's why I've asked for your help.

Kennigit :

You want us to help you defeat the VoE so that you alone will rule the Zerg!

Hazel :

Wrong, Kennigit. I want to defeat them because if we don't, they'll clamp down on this sector, and enslave us all! You know I'm right Chill. You've studied the history of Earth, you know what the VoE's agenda is. Taking control of the Zerg is only the beginning for them.

Chill :

Maybe... I don't know...

Xeris :

My Queen, again I beg your pardon for this interruption, but we have a very serious problem!

Hazel :

Perfect timing... Gentlemen, we'll need to finish this conversation later... continue, Xeris.

Xeris :

The Psi Disrupter's signal has reached us here on Tarsonis and shattered the unity of your broods! Within the past few hours, your minions have turned on each other and left their hive clusters to run out of control!

Hazel :

This is just what I need. Cerebrate, take the few Zerg still under my control and do what you can to stem any further damage to the hive clusters. I can't afford to have them destroyed by my own minions!
Moderator
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 02 2009 14:09 GMT
#34
awesome go csl! Thanks xeris :3
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eborp
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States266 Posts
September 02 2009 14:44 GMT
#35
On September 02 2009 22:58 TheYango wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Hazel :

Greetings, Cerebrate. By now you've realized that I've severed your connection with the Overmind and your renegade brethren. Understand, it's nothing personal. I just can't risk you falling under their influence. You're mine now. Serve me unquestioningly, and I'll let you live.

Xeris :

My Queen, pardon me for interrupting, but the visitors you have been expecting have arrived.

Hazel :

Finally. They certainly took their time.

Chill :

Yeah, well none of us were in any real hurry to get here, Hazel.

Hazel :

Still suspicious of my motives, Chill?

Chill :

Always.

Hazel :

Heh. When I contacted you both on Aiur, I told you about the new Overmind and about the VoE that seeks to control it. Well, the VoE has done it. They've tamed the Overmind and now control most of the Zerg broods in this sector. That's why I've asked for your help.

Kennigit :

You want us to help you defeat the VoE so that you alone will rule the Zerg!

Hazel :

Wrong, Kennigit. I want to defeat them because if we don't, they'll clamp down on this sector, and enslave us all! You know I'm right Chill. You've studied the history of Earth, you know what the VoE's agenda is. Taking control of the Zerg is only the beginning for them.

Chill :

Maybe... I don't know...

Xeris :

My Queen, again I beg your pardon for this interruption, but we have a very serious problem!

Hazel :

Perfect timing... Gentlemen, we'll need to finish this conversation later... continue, Xeris.

Xeris :

The Psi Disrupter's signal has reached us here on Tarsonis and shattered the unity of your broods! Within the past few hours, your minions have turned on each other and left their hive clusters to run out of control!

Hazel :

This is just what I need. Cerebrate, take the few Zerg still under my control and do what you can to stem any further damage to the hive clusters. I can't afford to have them destroyed by my own minions!

lololol

Nice to see CSL getting back up :D
UMCP CSL NEEDS YOU!
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
September 02 2009 15:06 GMT
#36
i support this

as someone once said:

Bureaucracy: A device for turning energy into solid waste.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
September 02 2009 15:34 GMT
#37
Gogo! Thanks for all the hard work!
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
September 02 2009 15:46 GMT
#38
I searched for a bit, couldn't find any locked thread with drama. Link anyone?

If hazely is indeed out of the whole CSL thing it's a sad day indeed!
Radivel-X17
Profile Joined January 2006
Canada144 Posts
September 02 2009 15:48 GMT
#39
On September 02 2009 21:53 Shikyo wrote:
Those CSL guys are such a joke. -_- The tournament, from a spectators point of view, never was too good and definitely can't be compared to anything like the TSL. Also, I firmly believe the VoE thing is completely useless and I have no idea what the point of that is. Charging for a good tournament would be one thing, but this is kind of like something like a SC2GG Star Cup, although probably a bit lower skill level still. Sure, it's the colleges and blahblah, but... yeah, it's always been just a fun tournament to me. Trying to make money off a tournament that barely allows any good playeres to play... *Sighs*

That being said, I'm sure this will turn out well. At least a lot better than the original corrupted one would have. I'm not sure where they're going to advertize, hopefully SC2GG at least will screw them over.

I'm kind of sad, though. I really wanted to flame them in the original thread before it got closed. T_T

And about costs, you can host on a free website, stream on livestream, have a thread on teamliquid, make banners with paint, use notepad for information, whatever. No one cares what things look like as long as it gets the point accross. At least I don't.

However, I guess that's not even an issue and with Xeris this is likely going to become the best CSL yet, so have fun everyone ^_^


I don't really want to get dragged into this, heh. I feel no association with the CSL, and wish them all the best, but I don't understand the whole payment thing. I pay a fucking ton of money to make the SC experience better for everyone however I can. Sometimes it's demoralizing to never really get any forward progress, so all I ever end up doing is feeling sorry for the SC2GG writers who's great work doesn't get read enough, and wish I could do better for them. Don't hate on the CSL for this idea, everyone makes mistakes. If they need server space, I have a server. It's free!

Whatever leagues or things the guys run will probably never have an entry fee, and I'll probably never say no if someone asks me if I can help out with providing some commentary (but that's up to the individuals, not me, so if you ask and I say that your preferred guy is busy/doesn't want to/whatever, don't get pissy at me).

There is no reason for SC2GG to "screw them over", or anything like that, why would I want to do that? I like Hazel, I like Xeris, I like Cholera. I like Shikyo too, he's really cool. Some things, I don't like, but everyone has their likes and dislikes. For example, I don't come on TL and ask for Web Design help. Should I anyway? Heh.

So yeah, uh, that's my views. No need to be a hater.. whatever good comes of that? :/ Nothing, in my eyes.
I used to run SC2GG, if you remember that. Come to NHFFA discord. It's where a bunch of old players who all suck at BW hang out, as well as people who like to play FFAs for some reason. https://discord.com/invite/kWNQvnd
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-02 15:53:47
September 02 2009 15:52 GMT
#40
I hate this thread. It screams "Cool we're going to do stuff stay tuned." Please stop making threads like this.

For future reference, follow along at home:

Good:
1. Do stuff
2. Post about it

Bad:
1. Post about stuff you're going to do

Edit: To be clear, if you need help that's fantastic. But you don't need to drop these drama hints and "stay tuned for content". It's bullshit!
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft250
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6145
Other Games
summit1g8885
shahzam645
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS71
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
12h 47m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.