• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:52
CEST 05:52
KST 12:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9940 users

[LKL] Mid-League Reformat - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:15:49
August 10 2009 15:14 GMT
#41
LOL WHAT? What sort of shitty admin decision is that?


You have a better suggestions then?
I, Challenge Everything
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
August 10 2009 15:22 GMT
#42
On August 11 2009 00:12 HnR)Insane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2009 00:01 Saracen wrote:
On August 10 2009 23:51 Machine[eh] wrote:
Saracen, how many weeks will we play before the playoffs?

And kdog, wtf was the point of lying about your rank?

On August 10 2009 10:03 Saracen wrote:
On August 10 2009 07:06 kdog3683 wrote:
Can I play as a Coach? If my team doesn't have enough people. I'm around D/D- high is 1900

On August 10 2009 09:38 inertinept wrote:
On August 10 2009 08:50 Saracen wrote:
On August 10 2009 08:02 kdog3683 wrote:
i cheesed him all 3 games lol

i play R

What's your max rank, again?


just to avoid any lies

http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/kdog3682.html


It seems we have a discrepancy, my friend...

Probably two more weeks of playing after this week before playoffs start. We can make it one if you guys want to cut the round robin short. I'll put up a poll, and we'll see.

Also, kdog, I'm going to give zxk3 a W.O. and not let you play in the future. You can still coach, though.

And finally, although there are no games this week, there will be super-exciting contests in their place! Check it out (in OP)!

LOL WHAT? What sort of shitty admin decision is that? A W.O. for what lol.

Then what do you suggest?
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
August 10 2009 15:22 GMT
#43
I don't really see much reason not to let the game stand, frankly.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:24:08
August 10 2009 15:23 GMT
#44
On August 11 2009 00:22 HnR)Insane wrote:
I don't really see much reason not to let the game stand, frankly.

The thing is, a loss won't penalize your team based on the new ranking system, but it will help out Clazziquai's team (who really needs the boost) and reward zxk3 for showing up and having his shit together (and beating a B+)
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:28:28
August 10 2009 15:25 GMT
#45
? Of course it hurts our team from a rankings point of view, and why should zxk3 be rewarded for showing up?

You really think kdog is B+? I'm sure he'll come in here and post about how he's 1-0 vs me in offrace vs offrace soon since I said that lol.

And anyway, this isn't some socialized league in which we try to get everyone around the same # of points
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:30:21
August 10 2009 15:28 GMT
#46
On August 11 2009 00:25 HnR)Insane wrote:
? Of course it hurts our team from a rankings point of view, and why should zxk3 be rewarded for showing up?

You really think kdog is B+?

No, the new rankings are based on wins only, so it will make no difference if you lose a game or if you have a game not count. zxk3 finished what needed to be finished and was on top of things, unlike almost half of the participants this week.
Also, C+ seems more accurate: http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/rottedchode.html
So, what would you have me do, Insane?
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
August 10 2009 15:35 GMT
#47
On August 11 2009 00:28 Saracen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2009 00:25 HnR)Insane wrote:
? Of course it hurts our team from a rankings point of view, and why should zxk3 be rewarded for showing up?

You really think kdog is B+?

No, the new rankings are based on wins only, so it will make no difference if you lose a game or if you have a game not count. zxk3 finished what needed to be finished and was on top of things, unlike almost half of the participants this week.
Also, C+ seems more accurate: http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/rottedchode.html
So, what would you have me do, Insane?

Yes, a loss or a blank makes no difference, but it hurts us rankings-wise since our player won and now is no longer having his win count.

I already told you that I'd just have the game count
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
August 10 2009 15:41 GMT
#48
On August 11 2009 00:35 HnR)Insane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2009 00:28 Saracen wrote:
On August 11 2009 00:25 HnR)Insane wrote:
? Of course it hurts our team from a rankings point of view, and why should zxk3 be rewarded for showing up?

You really think kdog is B+?

No, the new rankings are based on wins only, so it will make no difference if you lose a game or if you have a game not count. zxk3 finished what needed to be finished and was on top of things, unlike almost half of the participants this week.
Also, C+ seems more accurate: http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/rottedchode.html
So, what would you have me do, Insane?

Yes, a loss or a blank makes no difference, but it hurts us rankings-wise since our player won and now is no longer having his win count.

I already told you that I'd just have the game count

Oh, sorry, I misread your earlier post. I'm not going to give kdog the win because frankly, a C+ player shouldn't be subbing for a D player to begin with. I could give you an awesome point for showing up at 4 AM for your game, though, which would have your team jump like three spots? It's not like there's a huge difference in the top eight spots, anyways, it's still any team's game, whether they're in first or seventh.
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:44:10
August 10 2009 15:43 GMT
#49
lol I'd take an awesome point, although for honesty's sake I should say that we ended up rescheduling later on for 8 AM (which is still early imo ). I would've shown up for the 4 AM, but since he was willing to go 8 AM I was like "yeah, that sounds a bit better".
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
August 10 2009 15:48 GMT
#50
On August 11 2009 00:43 HnR)Insane wrote:
lol I'd take an awesome point, although for honesty's sake I should say that we ended up rescheduling later on for 8 AM (which is still early imo ). I would've shown up for the 4 AM, but since he was willing to go 8 AM I was like "yeah, that sounds a bit better".

Lol whatever. Early in the morning is early in the morning. By the way, I've always wondered this: where's your icon?
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
August 10 2009 15:58 GMT
#51
I deliberately don't have one
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
August 10 2009 15:59 GMT
#52
As far as the bonus UMS things, I should be available for either of the 11 PM EST ones (I have work at 4 pm EST usually)
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
August 10 2009 16:08 GMT
#53
I can be there at 8 PM for "11:00 EST/10:00 CST/8:00 PST (23:00 EST)" (I'm assuming there's meant to be a PM in there, and it's not just really confused about timezones )

Maybe I'll do the battlereport thing if I find a decent replay from it :o
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
August 10 2009 16:09 GMT
#54
This is what I like to see. Team JDizz fighting!
this game is a fucking jokie
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
August 10 2009 16:12 GMT
#55
Is this the correct way to post the guess for Lucky Lottery event?

Sample:
+ Show Spoiler +
Lucky Lottery #1 - Machine[eh]
Lucky Lottery #2 - Tau Cross


Is there any limitation? Like 1 gues per member or one guess per team?
I, Challenge Everything
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
August 10 2009 16:14 GMT
#56
On August 11 2009 01:12 genryou wrote:
Is this the correct way to post the guess for Lucky Lottery event?

Sample:
+ Show Spoiler +
Lucky Lottery #1 - Machine[eh]
Lucky Lottery #2 - Tau Cross


Is there any limitation? Like 1 gues per member or one guess per team?

Yes, that's correct, and it's 1 guess per contest per member.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
August 10 2009 16:16 GMT
#57
On August 11 2009 01:08 HnR)Insane wrote:
I can be there at 8 PM for "11:00 EST/10:00 CST/8:00 PST (23:00 EST)" (I'm assuming there's meant to be a PM in there, and it's not just really confused about timezones )

Maybe I'll do the battlereport thing if I find a decent replay from it :o

There's only one time (it's all the same time). So will you be the representative from your team (it's should be a team decision, but if you want to go ahead and decide for them, that's okay too.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
August 10 2009 16:53 GMT
#58
man that sucks how so many people aren't playing their matches :\

thanks for all the work your doing though, it's really fun for me :D
Free Palestine
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
August 10 2009 17:34 GMT
#59
Lucky Lottery #1 - food
Lucky Lottery #2 - BlueStorm
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
August 10 2009 17:39 GMT
#60
Lucky Lottery #1 - kdog3683
Lucky Lottery #2 - Plasma
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings46
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
PiLiPiLi 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3708
ViBE133
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
Counter-Strike
taco 512
Other Games
summit1g7231
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft448
C9.Mang0290
febbydoto3
Sick1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP117
• practicex 29
• davetesta24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1103
• Shiphtur415
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 8m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.