• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8641 users

[MSL] QuarterFinals Day 3 - Page 81

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 09 2009 02:46 GMT
#1601
On August 08 2009 15:08 BanZu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2009 12:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
How can some of you take a tense, action-packed game (5), and tear it to pieces like this?

Instead of, "Congrats, Iris!", we get, "Bisu FAIL, he's still better I are expert iccup you is ign'ant."

Like all competitions, this game isn't played on paper.

Anyway, congrats, Iris! Please beat Kwanro and ascend to the finals!

If one of your favorite players played a game as badly as Bisu did, you would react the same way. Why would you care about the opponent?

Actually, when Pusan lost to Boxer in So1 semifinals this is how i reacted
On October 21 2005 06:07 Plexa wrote:
even though im a die-hard pusan fan... there is not a better man to lose to than lim yo hwan gg

boxer make up for last osl plzzzzz
Instead of tearing the games to shreds you can just accept it and move on.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-09 03:01:42
August 09 2009 03:00 GMT
#1602
On August 09 2009 11:46 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2009 15:08 BanZu wrote:
On August 08 2009 12:52 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
How can some of you take a tense, action-packed game (5), and tear it to pieces like this?

Instead of, "Congrats, Iris!", we get, "Bisu FAIL, he's still better I are expert iccup you is ign'ant."

Like all competitions, this game isn't played on paper.

Anyway, congrats, Iris! Please beat Kwanro and ascend to the finals!

If one of your favorite players played a game as badly as Bisu did, you would react the same way. Why would you care about the opponent?

Actually, when Pusan lost to Boxer in So1 semifinals this is how i reacted
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2005 06:07 Plexa wrote:
even though im a die-hard pusan fan... there is not a better man to lose to than lim yo hwan gg

boxer make up for last osl plzzzzz
Instead of tearing the games to shreds you can just accept it and move on.

As I said in my previous post somewhere before, I don't care about the results. I'm just noting the way Bisu played.

Btw, Iris is no BoxeR.

On August 09 2009 11:42 Jibba wrote:
NEWS FLASH: BanZu shits all over a thread with a SKT player in it.

I haven't read so much consistent posting diarrhea from one person in a long time.

oh u da coo gai, eh?
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 09 2009 03:12 GMT
#1603
Please, Iris has been consistently underrated throughout his career and has put on some of the best TvX games ever seen, against the best players. He's also 8-6 lifetime against Bisu, so give it up already. You're the worst fanboy on these entire forums.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-09 03:23:34
August 09 2009 03:21 GMT
#1604
On August 09 2009 12:12 Jibba wrote:
Please, Iris has been consistently underrated throughout his career and has put on some of the best TvX games ever seen, against the best players. He's also 8-6 lifetime against Bisu, so give it up already. You're the worst fanboy on these entire forums.

1. I never said anything about Iris playing badly.
2. All I've said was that Bisu made some pretty bad decisions.
3. Everyone else automatically assumed #1 from #2.
4. In fact I thought Iris played pretty damn well so I don't know what you're complaining about. Just because I said Bisu played badly doesn't mean Iris played badly too LMAO. In fact, Bisu was ahead at one point in the game and did lose his advantage. Through what? His bad decisions AND Iris' harassment plus solid decision making/actions/etc. Just because I don't mention Iris side of the game doesn't mean I don't think it existed.
5. Lulz

EDIT: You know, up until now I never realized how sensitive people are. I only complained about Bisu's horrible play and then everyone started QQing about not giving Iris credit. FFS I don't care about Iris at the moment. If I'm a "fanboy" of Bisu then why can't I state my opinions? You can bask in the win of Iris while I QQ in Bisu's defeat. What the hell is it to you guys anyway?
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-09 03:27:28
August 09 2009 03:26 GMT
#1605
Bisu made mistakes that lost him the game. Those mistakes weren't caused by Iris, which is why the outcome of the game mostly can't be attributed to Iris.
Iris is one of the very few terrans who could've won that game. Your comments are arrogant, usually wrong and you're a horrible sport, even when your guy wins.

On August 09 2009 02:48 BanZu wrote:
HAHA Fantasy beating JD again is much better than SKT winning 4-0

You make the entire SKT fanbase look worse. Nearly all of your posts in that thread are full of disrespect.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-09 03:56:21
August 09 2009 03:48 GMT
#1606
On August 09 2009 12:26 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
Bisu made mistakes that lost him the game. Those mistakes weren't caused by Iris, which is why the outcome of the game mostly can't be attributed to Iris.
Iris is one of the very few terrans who could've won that game. Your comments are arrogant, usually wrong and you're a horrible sport, even when your guy wins.

1. Fanboy comments come from ALL fanboys.
2. Did my comment say that Iris played badly? I never said Iris didn't capitalize on Bisu's mistakes. I never said that Iris somehow stumbled onto victory. Did I? And it's true isn't it? Did Iris cause Bisu to engage in battle, even when the trade-off wasn't worth it? I suppose you can say that his "sneaky" 3rd caused Bisu to underestimate Iris' army. But really, do you think Iris intended for that? I'm not sure about that either, but I simply drew from what I thought I knew.
3. If you think my comments are arrogant, then perhaps you're mistaken. How can simply stating one's own opinion be arrogant? The tone perhaps might be that way but that's your interpretation. It's hard to base my character on anything else but keep in mind that a person's character on the internet is usually never all there is to them.
4. The comment of mine that you posted only talked about Bisu's mistakes, not about Iris. So the comment before this one still stands. I never said that Iris played badly (because he played damn well). It's just that Bisu's mistakes were so blindingly obvious that Iris' play paled in comparison to me. REMEMBER, it's an opinion.


EDIT: Look at it this way. JD vs Hyuk. JD goes 12 hatch, which MANY people said was a stupid mistake. Hyuk goes in for the win by playing solidly off a 9 pool (right?). Can you deny that JD's mistake allowed Hyuk to win? No matter what way you look it, it's a mistake not influenced by the opponent's play.

Same thing with Iris vs Bisu. Iris can't force Bisu to attack into his own army when his army is just SITTING there. Bisu's arrogance (as many see it) led to his mistake of attacking. That's the mistake I've been talking about.

Afterwards, a few people mentioned Hyuk's brilliant muta micro and decision making. But many, many more people brought up JD's mistake of going 12 hatch. He could've played safely, but he didn't. Bisu could've sat on his many bases and played safely, but he didn't.

Do? you find the complaining about JD's BO much more reasonable? If so, then there's some bias.



On August 09 2009 12:26 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2009 02:48 BanZu wrote:
HAHA Fantasy beating JD again is much better than SKT winning 4-0

You make the entire SKT fanbase look worse. Nearly all of your posts in that thread are full of disrespect.

What, I can't state my opinion now? I can't say that one of my favorite players beating another REALLY good player is better than him not playing at all? I can't say that it's much better that I get to see another game with two titans playing each other? That comment was completely ignoring that negative fall-out that would occur on JD's mindset. If I'm not allowed to wake up in the morning after going to sleep in the middle of Finals, unsure of who would win, and check the results to see that Fantasy won and right afterwards post a spur-of-the-moment post, then yes, I'm in the wrong. But mind you, so are many people. I suppose you interpreted from my post all the negative things you could possibly imagine. But really, how would you know?
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
August 09 2009 05:33 GMT
#1607
BanZu's not the worst SKT T1 fanboy on these forums. I know how both of you feel, same thing with the Jaedong vs Hwasin ace match during Proleague. You're both right, but you both like to talk about your favorite player, and when you only talk about one player, it implies that the other player played worse.
Jaedong
Prev 1 79 80 81
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15063
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4364
Khaldor1717
Liquid`Hasu826
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0161
KnowMe157
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 37m
Stellar Fest
16h 37m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.