• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8221 users

[ASL22] Semifinal A - Page 7

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Recommended Games
+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler [Game 1] +
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 1?

No (6)
 
86%

If you have time (1)
 
14%

Yes (0)
 
0%

7 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 1?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 2] +
Poll: Recommend Light vs Rush Game 2?

No (4)
 
44%

If you have time (4)
 
44%

Yes (1)
 
11%

9 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Light vs Rush Game 2?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 3] +
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 3?

Yes (6)
 
67%

No (2)
 
22%

If you have time (1)
 
11%

9 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 3?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 4] +
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 4?

Yes (8)
 
80%

If you have time (2)
 
20%

No (0)
 
0%

10 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 4?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 5] +
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 5?

Yes (8)
 
89%

If you have time (1)
 
11%

No (0)
 
0%

9 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 5?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 6] +
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 6?

Yes (8)
 
89%

No (1)
 
11%

If you have time (0)
 
0%

9 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 6?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time


+ Show Spoiler [Game 7] +

Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5962 Posts
October 05 2026 12:08 GMT
#121
FANTAStic GG timing right there.
FBH #1!
InkieB2B
Profile Joined September 2026
29 Posts
October 05 2026 12:08 GMT
#122
rare extreme Light tilt
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
October 05 2026 12:08 GMT
#123
Poll: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 6?

Yes (8)
 
89%

No (1)
 
11%

If you have time (0)
 
0%

9 total votes

Your vote: Recommend Rush vs Light Game 6?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): If you have time

Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Toshinou-Kyouko
Profile Joined November 2024
Philippines681 Posts
October 05 2026 12:09 GMT
#124
Light was like "fuck this i'm done, i'm too far behind to catch up"
Yuru Yuri best anime
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7170 Posts
October 05 2026 12:09 GMT
#125
Honestly he was really in a bad spot. Rush siege tank lines were just way to opressing for him to break.
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5962 Posts
October 05 2026 12:10 GMT
#126
This result doesn't seem great for the finals but whatever. Rush does get 1 more day to train his TvZ.
FBH #1!
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
October 05 2026 12:10 GMT
#127
On October 05 2026 21:04 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2026 21:03 Vasoline73 wrote:
I feel like Soma is going to roll either of these guys...


maybe but if you're making a comparison its a different matchup altogether.

True. I hope Rush comes through... Soma is just a straight up killer, I think he's a favorite vs anyone. I didn't see that level of star sense in Rush today. It will be a good series, I'm also buzzed, I apologize... speaking off the cuff. My apologies.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
October 05 2026 12:10 GMT
#128
On October 05 2026 21:08 Gorsameth wrote:
I.. what.
That was the final game, was he 100% dead?


Rush would have snowballed after that fight, he was getting excellent volleys on tanks and was already getting his 4th up
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
October 05 2026 12:12 GMT
#129
I bet Rush thanks Flash
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1775 Posts
October 05 2026 12:13 GMT
#130
If Rush plays well, like very very very well. He might just lose 4/1 in final.
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5962 Posts
October 05 2026 12:14 GMT
#131
Rush vs P = silver
Rush vs T = silver
Rush vs Z = ??
FBH #1!
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5962 Posts
October 05 2026 12:15 GMT
#132
This story is a new kong or new king in the making.
FBH #1!
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11821 Posts
October 05 2026 12:17 GMT
#133
Man, no one believes in Rush breaking the kong curse
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3566 Posts
October 05 2026 12:17 GMT
#134
RIP my LB
Horang2 fan
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7170 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-10-05 12:20:54
October 05 2026 12:19 GMT
#135
Rather than a Kong curse i see it more like he is just weaker than his opponents at the finals ?

Well not sure this applies to Royal. But that season Royal was onfire indeed.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11821 Posts
October 05 2026 12:35 GMT
#136
On October 05 2026 21:19 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
Rather than a Kong curse i see it more like he is just weaker than his opponents at the finals ?

Well not sure this applies to Royal. But that season Royal was onfire indeed.

You may have a point though. Players like YellOw, ChoJJa, Stork etc were kongs but they weren't clearly weaker than their finals opponents.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
Last Edited: 2026-10-05 12:42:32
October 05 2026 12:40 GMT
#137
Quick and dirty ChatGPT translation of the winner's interview: (obviously there may be mistakes)

INTERVIEWER: We now have our first finalist of ASL Season 22. Returning to the finals after eight seasons, we’re joined by Yoo Young-jin, Rush. Congratulations.

RUSH: Thank you.

INTERVIEWER: What an incredible performance, and the crowd is responding with equally incredible cheers. Yoo Young-jin, there must have been so many moments today where it was difficult to keep yourself mentally composed.

As we mentioned, you’re returning to the finals for the first time in eight seasons. After the match ended, everyone could see just how happy you were. How are you feeling right now?

RUSH: It’s been eight seasons since my last finals appearance, and getting back to this point was really difficult. So I’m extremely happy that I managed to make it here again. I’m grateful, and I’m going to prepare as well as I can for the finals.

INTERVIEWER: You took Game 1 very quickly. Honestly, it wasn’t easy to predict that you would go for a double Command Center strategy right from the first game. Was this something you specifically planned for Game 1?

RUSH: I thought about it for a while. On Attitude, you don’t see that kind of opening very often. But I just had this feeling that it might work there, so instead of overthinking it, I decided to try it. And it worked out well.

INTERVIEWER: After winning Game 1, I imagine you were able to settle your nerves somewhat. But then you lost Games 2 and 3 consecutively.

Lee Jae-ho had clearly prepared extremely well, and you were caught by things like the two-Starport play and forward Factory strategies. What was going through your mind at that point?

RUSH: After the first game, I thought, “Maybe I can win today.” But then I started thinking, “Ah, I really might lose this.”

If I had lost on Aiur—or rather, on that following map—I think I probably would have completely fallen apart mentally. So I’m really glad I was able to win there.

INTERVIEWER: Starting from Game 4, I think we really began to see Yoo Young-jin at his best again.

Even though you were behind in the score, you didn’t seem shaken. I wonder if that mental strength came from everything you went through earlier in the tournament—having to survive deciding matches in both the Round of 24 and Round of 16. What do you think?

RUSH: I’ve always done my own kind of training to improve my mentality. I think the results of that showed today.

Even when I was behind, I was able to keep my head together and continue playing properly.

INTERVIEWER: In Game 4 as well, there were moments early on when Lee Jae-ho’s build looked extremely strong.

But when he followed up with those additional Vulture drops, you defended them very calmly, and it felt like that was the moment you really tripped him up and stopped his momentum.

RUSH: Actually, I wasn’t specifically planning to make extra Vultures there. I was planning to produce Tanks and Vultures and move out.

But I got this feeling that my opponent was preparing something strange, so I decided to make two Vultures first.

I took some damage there and thought I was in a bad position, but somehow I managed to play it out well afterward and win.

INTERVIEWER: If we look for something Games 5 and 6 had in common, I think your army positioning was extremely well structured.

In Game 5, you defended very effectively from the high ground. And in Game 6, you spread your forces widely across the center and established a very strong defensive position.

Is that an accurate read?

RUSH: Yes. When you use a lot of Starport-based units, your ground strength in the center naturally becomes weaker.

I knew Jae-ho hyung would probably think that if he fought me for control of the center early on, he would be able to overpower me there.

So I deliberately invested more into controlling the center. I also practiced a lot of situations where I would take that kind of position and then gradually lock the game down from there.

I think that preparation showed today.

INTERVIEWER: And now you’re just one step away from the championship.

Your opponent in the finals will be decided tomorrow between Soulkey, Kim Min-chul, and Soma, Park Sang-hyun. Either way, you’ll be facing a Zerg in a best-of series.

Some people say, “You can always trust Rush's TvZ.” Others are wondering whether his TvZ will hold up in a long series.

What do you think?

RUSH: Jae-ho hyung, who I played today, and both Park Sang-hyun and Kim Min-chul—those players have always felt like very solid, intimidating opponents to me.

But I managed to defeat Jae-ho hyung today.

So if I prepare properly for the Zerg matchup as well, I think that if I can play the way I did today, I’ll be able to win.

INTERVIEWER: A lot of people watching today saw just how suffocating your style can be—the way you slowly close in on your opponent.

So whoever reaches the finals will probably feel quite a bit of pressure facing you.

It’s been a long road for you to return to the finals, and I’m sure many people helped you get here. Is there anyone you’d like to thank?

RUSH: First of all, when I arrived at the venue today, something about my mouse cursor was different.

We kept trying to fix it, but we couldn’t solve the problem. Even changing the computer itself didn’t fix it.

Then Buyeol hyung managed to solve it for me. I’m extremely thankful to him. Seriously, thank you.

Because of him, I was able to get my setup working properly, and I think that helped me win today.

I also want to thank everyone who helped me practice—Mong, Jo Gi-seok, Choi Ho-seon, Kim Ji-sung, Hwang Byung-young, Yoo Seung-gon, and everyone else who practiced with me. I’m really grateful.

And to my family watching and cheering for me at home—my wife and my daughters—thank you so much.

Before this season even started, I kept thinking about how incredible the ice rink venue was going to be.

My goal from the beginning of the season was simply, “I want to make it onto that ice rink stage.”

So at least I’ve accomplished that goal now.

But I’m going to prepare even harder from here and do everything I can to win the championship.

Thank you.

INTERVIEWER: Thank you for giving us such a great series today, Yoo Young-jin. We’ll see you in the finals. Congratulations again.

RUSH: Thank you.
RJBTVYOUTUBE
Profile Joined December 2023
Netherlands1324 Posts
October 05 2026 14:31 GMT
#138
i am disappointed but also hopeful for RuSh
JDON MY SOUL!
LightSpectra
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3280 Posts
October 05 2026 14:33 GMT
#139
On October 05 2026 21:17 c3rberUs wrote:
Man, no one believes in Rush breaking the kong curse


He could do it if Flash coaches him. But going 3:2 against Shine who has notoriously weaker ZvT than both Soulkey and soma is not inspiring.
"don't try to pull a LightSpectra-Trumper"
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4685 Posts
October 05 2026 14:40 GMT
#140
from the gbt translation, adding some names, hopefully remembering them right:

I also want to thank everyone who helped me practice—Mong, Jo Gi-seok (Sharp), Choi Ho-seon (ssak), Kim Ji-sung (royal), Hwang Byung-young (barracks), Yoo Seung-gon (scan), and everyone else who practiced with me. I’m really grateful.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 440
ProTech156
BRAT_OK 90
Railgan 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1531
Shuttle 574
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 31
Bale 15
Dota 2
420jenkins498
Counter-Strike
fl0m3323
Fnx 543
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4373
Liquid`Hasu618
Other Games
summit1g4469
Liquid`RaSZi1904
FrodaN872
B2W.Neo505
XaKoH 223
ToD216
C9.Mang0169
RotterdaM88
UpATreeSC78
QueenE66
Mew2King33
PPMD20
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
WardiTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 48
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2582
Other Games
• Shiphtur1249
• imaqtpie813
• WagamamaTV319
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Patches Events
19h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.