• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:42
CEST 05:42
KST 12:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8716 users

[SPL] Grand Finals - Page 21

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next All
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
September 22 2012 12:35 GMT
#401
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?

So I will start. My favorite season was 08-09. That was the longest cycle ever and I watched every single match. I woke up 5-6am every morning during the weekend to watch everything with two streams loaded up. I skipped classes before afternoon to watch lame stuff like STX vs Sparkiz which was not of a big interest to anyone. My team finished up 20th in the first fantasy PL. I had 3 ACE players on it, samioldguy even interviewed me how I was so nuts with my picks and still managed to do so well. My favorite game is perhaps Flash vs firebathero on Medusa.
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 12:37:07
September 22 2012 12:36 GMT
#402
On September 22 2012 21:34 lolmlg wrote:
Thanks for turning off your streams during the memorial video, btw. Maybe it was a rerun but I hadn't seen it yet and it was a good time to be watching it.

If it would be uploaded in our torrent tracker, I might put it up on youtube.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
September 22 2012 12:45 GMT
#403
On September 22 2012 21:35 disciple wrote:
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?

So I will start. My favorite season was 08-09. That was the longest cycle ever and I watched every single match. I woke up 5-6am every morning during the weekend to watch everything with two streams loaded up. I skipped classes before afternoon to watch lame stuff like STX vs Sparkiz which was not of a big interest to anyone. My team finished up 20th in the first fantasy PL. I had 3 ACE players on it, samioldguy even interviewed me how I was so nuts with my picks and still managed to do so well. My favorite game is perhaps Flash vs firebathero on Medusa.


Best Season for me was 10-11, the first one I watched from start to end, I'll never forget it also it was the longest season of proleague ever.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
September 22 2012 12:46 GMT
#404
On September 22 2012 21:32 PiPoGevy wrote:
What the hell, how much did I miss out over the last 10 years, I only discovered Starcraft last year, but seeing Broodwar immediately fell in love with it,

for fuck sake

Edit: These videos are rubbing it in!!!


search for broodwar proleague, osl oder msl on youtube
tons of awesome vods
Total Annihilation Zero
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 12:48:18
September 22 2012 12:48 GMT
#405
season: sky 04 r1 (first ever final in busan)
game: bisu vs yellow on hbr
Commentator
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 12:55:25
September 22 2012 12:55 GMT
#406
My top fantasy proleague finish must be...
KT Rolster vs SK Telecom T1

By.Sun > Crazy-Hydra
Fantasy < Action
n.Die_soO > HoeJJa
Best < Violet
Hyuk < Flash
Bisu > Stats

THEEEEEN

Bisu > Flash

GG!





R.I.P Violet
John 15:13
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11827 Posts
September 22 2012 13:03 GMT
#407
Did the finals resemble anything like last season's finals?

Favorite season: Shinhan PL 10-11
Favorite game: SKPL 11-12 finals' Bisu vs Flash, NCR
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
September 22 2012 13:55 GMT
#408
Fav pl season: SPL 08-09 reason being first season I was exposed to BW. I probably watched a good 80% of all matches played.
Best pl game: too hard to choose
Most memorable pl game: jd vs fanta on outsider day 1 (that motha******)
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 14:12:02
September 22 2012 14:11 GMT
#409
Wooooooooooooooooo CJ Entus won!

Even if its just the hybrid league, we won :D :D

Finally a season with CJ not choking!
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
September 22 2012 14:36 GMT
#410
Didnt know about this

Was there no write up or did I miss it?
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
September 22 2012 15:00 GMT
#411
T_T
[TLMS] REBOOT
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
September 22 2012 15:06 GMT
#412
On September 22 2012 21:35 disciple wrote:
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?


10-11 Because I watched it the most also because KT was exciting to watch (usually KTF, KT zerg play off, random fail mid season shenanigans). Favorite match probably the KT v SKT proleague finals of 2011 and NOT seeing Bisu or Fantasy come out for ace match for SKT. Favorite game... Sea vs Boxer in SKY 2006?
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 22 2012 15:08 GMT
#413
On September 22 2012 21:35 disciple wrote:
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?

So I will start. My favorite season was 08-09. That was the longest cycle ever and I watched every single match. I woke up 5-6am every morning during the weekend to watch everything with two streams loaded up. I skipped classes before afternoon to watch lame stuff like STX vs Sparkiz which was not of a big interest to anyone. My team finished up 20th in the first fantasy PL. I had 3 ACE players on it, samioldguy even interviewed me how I was so nuts with my picks and still managed to do so well. My favorite game is perhaps Flash vs firebathero on Medusa.

2006-07 PL hands down

The one MBCGame won with the most talented squad ever.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 15:12:23
September 22 2012 15:09 GMT
#414
On September 23 2012 00:08 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 21:35 disciple wrote:
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?

So I will start. My favorite season was 08-09. That was the longest cycle ever and I watched every single match. I woke up 5-6am every morning during the weekend to watch everything with two streams loaded up. I skipped classes before afternoon to watch lame stuff like STX vs Sparkiz which was not of a big interest to anyone. My team finished up 20th in the first fantasy PL. I had 3 ACE players on it, samioldguy even interviewed me how I was so nuts with my picks and still managed to do so well. My favorite game is perhaps Flash vs firebathero on Medusa.

2006-07 PL hands down

The one MBCGame won with the most talented squad ever.


Hi five Sea vs Boxer 2006 SKY. Oh wait that's the one where mbc lost to skt :< At least they won in the grand finals.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
September 22 2012 15:15 GMT
#415
Fuck yeah EFFORT!
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
September 22 2012 15:35 GMT
#416
Yikes... this is so saddening would have liked Khan win long live BW...
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
September 22 2012 15:37 GMT
#417
sad

full sc2 proleague here we come.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
September 22 2012 15:42 GMT
#418
On September 23 2012 00:37 nextstep wrote:
sad

full sc2 proleague here we come.


What a strange idea... is ongamenet going to keep proleague to only kespa teams?
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
September 22 2012 15:43 GMT
#419
On September 23 2012 00:09 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2012 00:08 Plexa wrote:
On September 22 2012 21:35 disciple wrote:
Ok here's something to spark a discussion, we need more pages on this. Whats your favorite PL season, favorite PL match, favorite PL game. Whats your top fantasy PL finish?

So I will start. My favorite season was 08-09. That was the longest cycle ever and I watched every single match. I woke up 5-6am every morning during the weekend to watch everything with two streams loaded up. I skipped classes before afternoon to watch lame stuff like STX vs Sparkiz which was not of a big interest to anyone. My team finished up 20th in the first fantasy PL. I had 3 ACE players on it, samioldguy even interviewed me how I was so nuts with my picks and still managed to do so well. My favorite game is perhaps Flash vs firebathero on Medusa.

2006-07 PL hands down

The one MBCGame won with the most talented squad ever.


Hi five Sea vs Boxer 2006 SKY. Oh wait that's the one where mbc lost to skt :< At least they won in the grand finals.

For me it'd be the last pure BW proleague 2011-2012... it was truly a fitting ending for BW and this last season sort of was like Michael Jordan trying to prove everyone that he still had it at a really old age... sure BW had its moments this season, but still this season it was painful to watch the two games side by side that many lost interest~
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-22 20:39:49
September 22 2012 16:05 GMT
#420
SPL 2009/10. The culmination of Flash's dominance and Jaedong following suite until they each got a golden mouse meeting up in the most epic finals I've ever seen. Their clash at the WCG on Tau Cross still defies reason. Not to mention that epic power outage game. Double 4 pool? Also, rookies like MVP beat Flash with battle cruisers getting enough confidence to tear up an entire scene. STX and MBC had a great season finishing 2nd and 3rd. Players like Light, Sea, Hyva, Jaehoon, Tyson, Calm, Shuttle, Kal, Hero showed amazing games. Go.go was still around. Oh, and hydralisks got SUPER popular in the meta game. All of a sudden everyone was hydra-busting protosses. To the point where Nal_ra weighed in with his opinion that protosses need to experiment with random pylon / cannon combinations. Players were using dark archons and arbiters.

One game to summarize it all: Stork vs. Flash on HBR Korean OSL s1 (Ro16 I think). On a cold December morning the LR thread was overflowing with shouting fans commentating about the game.
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 193
ProTech139
FoxeR 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2516
Shuttle 1254
Dewaltoss 65
NaDa 37
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 487
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox649
Other Games
summit1g9183
WinterStarcraft441
C9.Mang0289
ViBE142
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 18
• practicex 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo650
• Stunt217
Other Games
• Shiphtur432
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.