• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8359 users

[OSL] Ro4: JangBi vs ZerO - Page 110

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 118 Next
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
July 11 2012 00:54 GMT
#2181
It's weird that Zero does things like 3-0 Stork in the quarterfinals (MSL last year), who is a fellow choker as well (you blew the KAS2 semis, Stork, I cannot let that go, ever, you had it man!), but then lose to any other protoss in a BoX. Getting 2-0ed by Movie (EVER 09 being the most strange.... but don't forget getting 2-0ed by Free in KAS2 as well!).

Jangbi is truly a hero for BW. The fans love him and he's really stepped up the last 2 OSLs.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
July 11 2012 01:44 GMT
#2182
On July 11 2012 09:31 VGhost wrote:
Jangbi's come a long way since he rolled over and died vs. Luxury in whatever MSL final that was.

That said, I really don't think we got "good ZerO" in this series. Sure, the thought was there, he busted out the queens - but there were too many little mistakes (game one: two OLs at nat, none in main; game five, basically no reaction in mid- and late-game to harass). All his typical weaknesses added up to a series loss - and the games he did win he won with hydras.

I don't want to take too much from Jangbi's play - only a true ZvP specialist if that would have beaten him here, and Shine and soO played Terrans. "The Almighty" has gained a certain tenacity over the years: he may not have the "death glare" but the will to win is there. So maybe I'm just bagging on ZerO because I feel like he ought to be able to beat any Protoss, if he plays well, and he lost.

Whatever. Jangbi fighting!

yeah, zero definitely didn't seem himself in game 5 especially. I think the loss from jangbi's comeback in game 4 really rattled him. He was playing overly safe and passive the entire time. And he just broke down towards late game. Probably one of the sloppiest zvp's I've seen from him.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 11 2012 01:51 GMT
#2183
I think the cheers for jangbi were probably so loud that they went through the earmuffs and demoralized Zero. He is capable of doing much better.

Anyways, like the other 101% of people, i cheered for jangbi.
☺
maximuspita
Profile Joined April 2010
1093 Posts
July 11 2012 02:15 GMT
#2184
That last game. I am much more of a Stork fan but I must respect Jangbi's resilience and will to overcome all. I think that Fantasy right now is in better shape than Flash but Flash would make the better story. BW for life.
Korean Air, please save Fox.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
July 11 2012 02:16 GMT
#2185
Hero.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
July 11 2012 03:03 GMT
#2186
When I started watching BW a lot in 2008... I really looked forward to Jangbi games. I picked him on all my Fantasy teams, and watched him whenever possible. I remember watching with my wife and explaining to her why this guy was so good. It's so awesome to see him doing so well again. I really think he deserves it, and a final Protoss push also says a LOT for Broodwar and balance, especailly in the post-Flash era.

And, ironically, just like Flash, he started off REALLY strong... then had a long rough patch which lasted well more than a year.

This guy is amazing, and well deserves to be the first back to back Protoss OSL champion. No matter who he plays, they are in for an asswhoopin.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
July 11 2012 03:12 GMT
#2187
Woooooow... excellent series. Too bad I was on a plane when it happened so I missed it live

And that Mike Morhaime bit was soooooooo mistimed. Any smart CEO wouldn't have said that at all. Dunno why OGN let that bit slip into the montage.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
July 11 2012 03:25 GMT
#2188
On July 11 2012 12:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
Woooooow... excellent series. Too bad I was on a plane when it happened so I missed it live

And that Mike Morhaime bit was soooooooo mistimed. Any smart CEO wouldn't have said that at all. Dunno why OGN let that bit slip into the montage.

Yeah, that was truly repulsive. But honestly, I wouldn't have expected anything less from Morhaime. -_-
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
July 11 2012 03:33 GMT
#2189
On July 11 2012 12:25 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2012 12:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
Woooooow... excellent series. Too bad I was on a plane when it happened so I missed it live

And that Mike Morhaime bit was soooooooo mistimed. Any smart CEO wouldn't have said that at all. Dunno why OGN let that bit slip into the montage.

Yeah, that was truly repulsive. But honestly, I wouldn't have expected anything less from Morhaime. -_-

What did he say?

I finally got to watch the VODs and these were amazing games! I've always loved Jangbi and seeing him do so well just makes my heart tear up. I can't wait to see him play in the finals, whether it be against Flash or Fantasy.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
July 11 2012 03:54 GMT
#2190
On July 11 2012 12:33 Darathor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2012 12:25 Ryo wrote:
On July 11 2012 12:12 eviltomahawk wrote:
Woooooow... excellent series. Too bad I was on a plane when it happened so I missed it live

And that Mike Morhaime bit was soooooooo mistimed. Any smart CEO wouldn't have said that at all. Dunno why OGN let that bit slip into the montage.

Yeah, that was truly repulsive. But honestly, I wouldn't have expected anything less from Morhaime. -_-

What did he say?

I finally got to watch the VODs and these were amazing games! I've always loved Jangbi and seeing him do so well just makes my heart tear up. I can't wait to see him play in the finals, whether it be against Flash or Fantasy.

You can find the post-semifinals montage on Sayle's channel. It's really weird.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-11 04:24:20
July 11 2012 04:15 GMT
#2191
Happened every time the camera was zoomed in on ZerO past the 15 minute mark IN GAME 5. Total of (3x), this picture being the first (so less severe)

Now I think we can understand why ZerO tried rush strategies this many times. His right eye is giving out on him? I'd imagine it would be hard as hell to play like that when you are not used to it. I feel pretty bad now......but he tried and gave it his all! BROODWAR FIGHTINGGGGGGGGG (I know about HydrA , not relevant)

[image loading]

MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
July 11 2012 04:23 GMT
#2192
His lenses were so fogged from his hot perspiration lol

poor Zero, a necessary pawn in the stars realigning for Jangbi
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
July 11 2012 04:27 GMT
#2193
Game #4 was similar to Stats vs Zero on Icarus. Even with a Nexus sniped, a protoss who is very efficient at storms can turn the tables against a hydra/lurk army
sup
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
July 11 2012 04:30 GMT
#2194
just got around to watching this amazing series. I'd like to say two things.

sc2 needs boothgirls.

game 5 was ridiculous.
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
July 11 2012 04:35 GMT
#2195
I feel so bad for ZerO, I think the poor guy deserved it despite rooting for Jangbi till game 5.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 11 2012 04:49 GMT
#2196
It was an honorable fight for both men. I would herald either as a victor but ZerO did not win that day. At least it went to game 5! What a series, ZerO was determined to crush Jangbi with 3-base Hydra busts!
Support your esport!
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
July 11 2012 05:03 GMT
#2197
Last night after the games I tried to read in bed for a bit before falling asleep, but every page or two my mind would go "damn, how did Jangbi win game four? And in game five, holy shit, that was magical." So I just gave up and lay in bed staring at the ceiling for a while.
KTY
Russet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States48 Posts
July 11 2012 05:35 GMT
#2198
Hoooooly shit game four
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
July 11 2012 06:26 GMT
#2199
Mike Morhaime's first message here @39:53 http://www.twitch.tv/saylesc/b/324379284
if you watch that segment further, you get similar words from Chris Sigaty, and finally - more from Morhaime.

M. reminded me of Mengsk here...
"You know, I think StarCraft: Brood War served us very well for very long, but StarCraft 2 is gonna be the future."
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
July 11 2012 06:33 GMT
#2200
I'm glad I turned off my stream before that horrible message. I stayed tuned after going offline and had to hear it... Why would anyone say that in that way at this time? He's not going to ever win people over with that.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O108
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 274
JuggernautJason88
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 784
Shuttle 536
ZZZero.O 108
Zeus 84
Hyun 46
soO 42
scan(afreeca) 28
Dota 2
qojqva2341
canceldota29
Counter-Strike
fl0m4900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3920
Liquid`Hasu596
Other Games
summit1g2532
FrodaN1161
KnowMe313
420jenkins262
Pyrionflax187
ToD179
Livibee160
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 86
• Hupsaiya 29
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 20
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2021
Other Games
• imaqtpie852
• Shiphtur605
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 17m
Patches Events
19h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 17m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.