• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9353 users

sGs C Ranks Open - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 23:30:11
January 16 2012 23:18 GMT
#41
fuck yeah C-

:D 19-4 score at that, not too shabby imo!

i think ill call it a day then ^^ achieved what i set out to do in about 24hrs
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
January 17 2012 00:30 GMT
#42
On January 17 2012 08:18 Pulimuli wrote:
fuck yeah C-

:D 19-4 score at that, not too shabby imo!

i think ill call it a day then ^^ achieved what i set out to do in about 24hrs

No. You have to keep going. There is no proof that you aren't B-. Or A-, even. Or Olympic for that matter. How can we know you didn't just throw those 4 games in order to make it seem like you aren't a chogosu? I demand either 100 games minimum or synopsis from a Korean progamer.

xD
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 00:38:03
January 17 2012 00:35 GMT
#43
On January 17 2012 09:30 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 08:18 Pulimuli wrote:
fuck yeah C-

:D 19-4 score at that, not too shabby imo!

i think ill call it a day then ^^ achieved what i set out to do in about 24hrs

No. You have to keep going. There is no proof that you aren't B-. Or A-, even. Or Olympic for that matter. How can we know you didn't just throw those 4 games in order to make it seem like you aren't a chogosu? I demand either 100 games minimum or synopsis from a Korean progamer.

xD


hehe well when i actually played i hit B. Pretty sure i cant go over C+ nowadays anyway. One of the dudes i beat was B+ in the previous seasons though :D he bm'd like crazy after the game which made me feel all warm and fuzzy
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
January 17 2012 01:19 GMT
#44
--- Nuked ---
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 01:34 GMT
#45
On January 17 2012 10:19 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 09:35 Pulimuli wrote:
On January 17 2012 09:30 Jealous wrote:
On January 17 2012 08:18 Pulimuli wrote:
fuck yeah C-

:D 19-4 score at that, not too shabby imo!

i think ill call it a day then ^^ achieved what i set out to do in about 24hrs

No. You have to keep going. There is no proof that you aren't B-. Or A-, even. Or Olympic for that matter. How can we know you didn't just throw those 4 games in order to make it seem like you aren't a chogosu? I demand either 100 games minimum or synopsis from a Korean progamer.

xD


hehe well when i actually played i hit B. Pretty sure i cant go over C+ nowadays anyway. One of the dudes i beat was B+ in the previous seasons though :D he bm'd like crazy after the game which made me feel all warm and fuzzy


i'm pretty sure this tournament is for people who are historically max c-/c/c+ players, not just this season
admins of the tournament please do correct me if im wrong though

@krndandaman

You are correct. This tournament is for players that have a Max in the C ranks. I'm willing to make certain exceptions for people who have been removed for quite a while. Maybe you guys should test him and play him to prove to me that he's too gosu for this tournament To make it through group stages will be hard in itself. Also, I'm going to make the groups and seedings as fair as possible. So you might not ever have to play against him
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 01:39:37
January 17 2012 01:38 GMT
#46
Yes that seems fair. 100% certain i cannot hit B- as of right now, not too sure i can get C+ even

but some trial matches would be nice i think
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 01:43 GMT
#47
On January 17 2012 10:38 Pulimuli wrote:
Yes that seems fair. 100% certain i cannot hit B- as of right now, not too sure i can get C+ even

but some trial matches would be nice i think

Also, people should use it as inspiration to get better. That's what this is all about. Having fun and getting better! :D
These players could be next top foreigners with some practice. So yeah, I gave a pretty reasonable time to play and practice and it's not a one and done kind of tournament! Group stages you play 3 games and brackets are all Bo3's! So you always have chances hopefully and also makes for more interesting playing and strategies.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 03:28:02
January 17 2012 02:52 GMT
#48
Name: Drywater
Rank: C- (current) max: dunno
Race: T
Stuck.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 17 2012 03:24 GMT
#49
Rofl, the sheer amount of people understating their rank in this thread is fairly disgusting.
that being said, i'll sign up to get my ass kicked by one of them

name: kiante
rank: C+ (max)
race: protoss
Writer
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 03:40:23
January 17 2012 03:28 GMT
#50
Name: Zergneedsfood
Rank: C (max)
Race: T

Oh wtf, I have to prove that I'm C, and I can't use past records?

Fffffuuu, time to ladder once I get back to school. >.>
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 03:31 GMT
#51
*** Everyone please vote on the time in the poll please!***
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 03:38:30
January 17 2012 03:37 GMT
#52
On January 17 2012 08:18 Pulimuli wrote:
fuck yeah C-

:D 19-4 score at that, not too shabby imo!

i think ill call it a day then ^^ achieved what i set out to do in about 24hrs


I guess everyone else is being too manner to say it but dude no one cares.

User was temp banned for this post.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
johny23
Profile Joined January 2012
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 03:40:52
January 17 2012 03:39 GMT
#53
Two things:

EDIT #1: Nevermind I understand now. It's only if both are race pickers.

#2 The reason C tournament will be cool is because should be a lot of strategy involved. If someone who use to be B rank 1v1 practices a little they should be able to get their mechanics back fairly easily. B mechanics in a C tourney....argh :D

Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 03:47 GMT
#54
On January 17 2012 12:39 johny23 wrote:
Two things:

EDIT #1: Nevermind I understand now. It's only if both are race pickers.

#2 The reason C tournament will be cool is because should be a lot of strategy involved. If someone who use to be B rank 1v1 practices a little they should be able to get their mechanics back fairly easily. B mechanics in a C tourney....argh :D


#1 yeah. If a person has a race like terran and random, it means that they play TvP and TvZ but play RvT. If all races are listed, then that person race picks every matchup So yeah, correct.

#2 We've had this happen in the D ranks teamleague where a person was C- a couple years ago and went along with sc2 and came back recently. He understands the game more maybe, but he has lost to the D ranks as well. People who are C+ are one rank away from B-. I know it's huge to get to B-, but it's not astronomically a huge difference in mechanics. This should only make you strive harder to play better! At the end of the day, it's about fun. With the format of the tournament, one loss to someone won't take you out of the tournament, so I have chosen to allow BlueEyes to play because of his recent comeback.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
johny23
Profile Joined January 2012
United States175 Posts
January 17 2012 03:53 GMT
#55
Let's me just clarify. I like to play Random sometimes but sometimes I like to race pick. If I want to I can go Random everygame right? But if I choose to pick my race one game I am still allowed to do that right? (as long as I specificy im choosing prior to joining game).


I am only clarifying because it seems theres a lot of rules that are biased against random players. So I want to make sure that I can pick random OR race pick(as long as I specificy which race prior to joining game).

This is correct right?
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 17 2012 03:56 GMT
#56
On January 17 2012 12:53 johny23 wrote:
Let's me just clarify. I like to play Random sometimes but sometimes I like to race pick. If I want to I can go Random everygame right? But if I choose to pick my race one game I am still allowed to do that right? (as long as I specificy im choosing prior to joining game).


I am only clarifying because it seems theres a lot of rules that are biased against random players. So I want to make sure that I can pick random OR race pick(as long as I specificy which race prior to joining game).

This is correct right?


kevin?
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 03:56 GMT
#57
On January 17 2012 12:53 johny23 wrote:
Let's me just clarify. I like to play Random sometimes but sometimes I like to race pick. If I want to I can go Random everygame right? But if I choose to pick my race one game I am still allowed to do that right? (as long as I specificy im choosing prior to joining game).


I am only clarifying because it seems theres a lot of rules that are biased against random players. So I want to make sure that I can pick random OR race pick(as long as I specificy which race prior to joining game).

This is correct right?

This seems like it's sorta greedy I guess I'll put random next to your name also just so no one is thrown off You have to declare before the game starts what race you are playing (including random).
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 03:58 GMT
#58
On January 17 2012 12:56 Shimy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 12:53 johny23 wrote:
Let's me just clarify. I like to play Random sometimes but sometimes I like to race pick. If I want to I can go Random everygame right? But if I choose to pick my race one game I am still allowed to do that right? (as long as I specificy im choosing prior to joining game).


I am only clarifying because it seems theres a lot of rules that are biased against random players. So I want to make sure that I can pick random OR race pick(as long as I specificy which race prior to joining game).

This is correct right?

This seems like it's sorta greedy I guess I'll put random next to your name also just so no one is thrown off You have to declare before the game starts what race you are playing (including random).

Then again, you aren't really a Random player if you are constantly picking different races So you should actually just tell me how you want to enter the tournament. Random? Or Race Picker?
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
January 17 2012 04:00 GMT
#59
--- Nuked ---
Shimy
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States771 Posts
January 17 2012 04:02 GMT
#60
On January 17 2012 13:00 krndandaman wrote:
^
wait, random as in ihavenoideawhatraceyouareuntiliscout is allowed?
if so, ughhh what a pain

Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 12:24 Kiante wrote:
Rofl, the sheer amount of people understating their rank in this thread is fairly disgusting.
that being said, i'll sign up to get my ass kicked by one of them

name: kiante
rank: C+ (max)
race: protoss


haha agreed


Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 12:28 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Name: Zergneedsfood
Rank: C (max)
Race: T

Oh wtf, I have to prove that I'm C, and I can't use past records?

Fffffuuu, time to ladder once I get back to school. >.>


i'm pretty sure you can use past records to indicate your max rank (i don't have an account over c- atm)
hope i'm right :x though i only have to get 200 more points for c- anyways so w.e lol


#1 yes that type of Random is allowed.
#2 Kiante is correct, but what fun is it if that weren't true
#3 It is max rank of all time. If you have ever been in the C ranks you are allowed to play.
Eywa-: "What would it take in order for there to be an upset?" Largo: "The players of sas got cancer and died, what else could happen?"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3360
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins132
Counter-Strike
fl0m3702
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt546
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee213
Hui .175
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King63
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 2m
Replay Cast
9h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.