• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8589 users

[SPL] CJ Entus vs Samsung Khan - Page 97

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
December 09 2011 01:11 GMT
#1921
On December 09 2011 09:42 VGhost wrote:
Welp, Brave was a really weird ace choice (screw it, I'm calling the fifth set the ace from now on). Assuming lineup can be changed, had to be expecting Leta, which is weird since Hydra's played more this year (unless Outlier is secretly a Terran map now). But it still seems like putting out Reality/TurN and letting them take their chances against Hydra/Leta has a higher EWP, even if Brave might be a bigger favorite over Leta.

If the lineup was preset, it seems to make even less sense. Lead with Jangbi and Stork I get. But I'm becoming firmly convinced you want a closer in this format, which would in this scenario be RorO (or possibly Reality or Shine).

Oh well. I guess as long as KHAN keeps making the playoffs, January's been coaching longer than I've been watching...


Brave's PvZ is quite good statistically (especially compared to his awful PvT). I disagree with you about needing a closer. Players should be sent out on the map they have the best chance to win, regardless of where that map is positioned in the match. Outlier is a P map, which is why Brave was sent instead of Reality. You might argue that she should have saved Stork or Jangbi for that spot, but if she puts Brave on, for example, Stork's map, then he might have lost and it would have been over 3-1 before Stork got to play. Regardless of the order they play in, the outcome of the match hinges on Brave's success anyway.
I drop suckas like Plinko
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
December 09 2011 01:48 GMT
#1922
Hydra vs Grape was a failure.... I realize that Grape was getting a zealot but that was no reason for him to pull his second probe and lose the cannon... and after that he just kept on carelessly losing zealots left and right... he looked like a person who didn't come with a plan...
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
zeehar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)3804 Posts
December 09 2011 01:49 GMT
#1923
On December 09 2011 10:48 Bisu-Fan wrote: he looked like a person who didn't come with a plan...


probably because he didn't
I AM THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANT
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
December 09 2011 01:50 GMT
#1924
And blah... all the Zs won in ZvPs....
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
December 09 2011 02:19 GMT
#1925
On December 09 2011 10:50 Bisu-Fan wrote:
And blah... all the Zs won in ZvPs....


Clearly BeSt should have played.
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
December 09 2011 02:55 GMT
#1926
What an absolute awful display of PvZ skills by BravE against Hydra. When the initial Zerglings were knocking on the door, he didn't add ANY Cannons to defend, then Dohsairs all over the place, ugh I was going facepalm throughout the entire game.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Weedk
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States507 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 07:08:36
December 09 2011 07:07 GMT
#1927
On December 09 2011 10:09 HardMacro wrote:
Does anyone else find Effort unbearably annoying? Especially with that fugly new yellow hair or maybe it's his elf face, I just can't bring myself to like him even a bit. I always root against him, he's pretty much my most hated player currently. I know he's good, he's S-class and produces good games, but I just can't enjoy watching him play for some very strange and unknown reason.

I guess due to my inexplicable abhorrence, I strongly suspect that he was involved in the match-fixings scandals, just never caught or made a deal to get off. I mean, he was DOMINATING on the level of Jaedong, contending for the zerg throne, killing God in the OSL, playing like the way he has currently, then suddenly boom, he decides to retire and fell off the grid? I don't know, his "I want to focus on school" excuse seems feebly weak to me, as who in their right mind would choose attending a 4th class college over the very good chance (because he's so good) of making 6 figure digits annually in a year or two? And I don't know his specific salary at the time of "retirement", but I bet it's a lot more than the average A-teamer so why did he really quit?

I DON'T KNOW why I feel this way, I just do.


One of his stated reasons for retiring was that CJ screwed him in salary negotiations. Could've been a lot of other factors, living conditions, etc. I don't know why you find him so abhorrent. Focusing on his looks seems rather shallow to me as well.

Basically, that first part of your rant sounds like this: "He looks really annoying. I hate him for that."
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
December 09 2011 20:13 GMT
#1928
On December 09 2011 09:25 hellbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 05:59 icclown wrote:
Whoops... Hydra on anti & KHAN for LB .... yikes


Why would you put the ace of a strong team on your anti?



I just had a gut feeling that Hydra would blow it this season... Serves me well, I guess... ^_^
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
gen.Sun
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States539 Posts
December 10 2011 00:59 GMT
#1929
On December 09 2011 10:09 HardMacro wrote:
Does anyone else find Effort unbearably annoying? Especially with that fugly new yellow hair or maybe it's his elf face, I just can't bring myself to like him even a bit. I always root against him, he's pretty much my most hated player currently. I know he's good, he's S-class and produces good games, but I just can't enjoy watching him play for some very strange and unknown reason.

I guess due to my inexplicable abhorrence, I strongly suspect that he was involved in the match-fixings scandals, just never caught or made a deal to get off. I mean, he was DOMINATING on the level of Jaedong, contending for the zerg throne, killing God in the OSL, playing like the way he has currently, then suddenly boom, he decides to retire and fell off the grid? I don't know, his "I want to focus on school" excuse seems feebly weak to me, as who in their right mind would choose attending a 4th class college over the very good chance (because he's so good) of making 6 figure digits annually in a year or two? And I don't know his specific salary at the time of "retirement", but I bet it's a lot more than the average A-teamer so why did he really quit?

I DON'T KNOW why I feel this way, I just do.


The bias is strong in this one.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
December 10 2011 02:03 GMT
#1930
On December 10 2011 05:13 icclown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 09:25 hellbound wrote:
On December 09 2011 05:59 icclown wrote:
Whoops... Hydra on anti & KHAN for LB .... yikes


Why would you put the ace of a strong team on your anti?



I just had a gut feeling that Hydra would blow it this season... Serves me well, I guess... ^_^

The gamble can be worth it, i had effort in my anti 2 seasons back and it work great because he sluumped =P
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
December 10 2011 03:06 GMT
#1931
On December 09 2011 10:48 Bisu-Fan wrote:
Hydra vs Grape was a failure.... I realize that Grape was getting a zealot but that was no reason for him to pull his second probe and lose the cannon... and after that he just kept on carelessly losing zealots left and right... he looked like a person who didn't come with a plan...


Do you mean Brave? Or Horang2?
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
December 10 2011 05:52 GMT
#1932
On December 10 2011 11:03 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 05:13 icclown wrote:
On December 09 2011 09:25 hellbound wrote:
On December 09 2011 05:59 icclown wrote:
Whoops... Hydra on anti & KHAN for LB .... yikes


Why would you put the ace of a strong team on your anti?



I just had a gut feeling that Hydra would blow it this season... Serves me well, I guess... ^_^

The gamble can be worth it, i had effort in my anti 2 seasons back and it work great because he sluumped =P


Yeah ok, but CJ. You get points every time the team wins too afaik. And CJ this season... I realised this recently, I got Snow and even though he is not winning, the points keep coming.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
December 10 2011 07:33 GMT
#1933
Well thats part of the gamble. IIRC effort took up over half of my anti team points which enabled me to pick 2 others who were total scrubs. Sometimes you'd rather a single ace player losing you points as opposed to 3 roro's =S.
gladsheim
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia676 Posts
December 10 2011 17:21 GMT
#1934
who can stop effort ;o
Prev 1 95 96 97
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 164
Liquid`TLO 141
ProTech138
RuFF_SC2 117
ViBE61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16166
Artosis 89
firebathero 88
PianO 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever343
canceldota84
League of Legends
Doublelift3824
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD48
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu483
Other Games
summit1g6984
FrodaN1235
shahzam530
B2W.Neo330
C9.Mang0321
RotterdaM105
Mew2King30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 31
• RyuSc2 8
• davetesta4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1109
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
OSC
11m
Replay Cast
56m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.