• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:20
CEST 16:20
KST 23:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9541 users

[SPL] CJ Entus vs Samsung Khan - Page 96

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 Next
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
December 08 2011 18:27 GMT
#1901
On December 09 2011 03:04 DarkMatter_ wrote:
Does anyone else think Stork appears to be back in form? His play has looked nearly flawless so far this season, destroying Zero and badly outclassing Movie.

Well, I guess it's consistency that's been his issue....he's always managed to show amazing performances even during his supposed "slumps" so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

wellllll... Stork lost too many observers to zero's hydras.
☺
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 08 2011 18:30 GMT
#1902
On December 09 2011 03:04 DarkMatter_ wrote:
Does anyone else think Stork appears to be back in form? His play has looked nearly flawless so far this season, destroying Zero and badly outclassing Movie.

Well, I guess it's consistency that's been his issue....he's always managed to show amazing performances even during his supposed "slumps" so I guess we'll have to wait and see.


Stork goes up and down, right now he is going up

eventually he will go down again

and up

and down

such is the cycle of Stork.
WriterXiao8~~
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
December 08 2011 19:08 GMT
#1903
no terrans at all D= but gogo effort!

this fantasy league is just about who owns effort + hydra + cj entus team = top 50. lol amazing.
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
December 08 2011 19:19 GMT
#1904
On December 09 2011 02:16 gen.Sun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 00:25 kuroshiroi wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:10 gen.Sun wrote:
On December 08 2011 20:32 Scarecrow wrote:
Trolluary is the worst coach in the league, I feel sorry for Samsung fans.


Before you slag on January I hope you know that the players are decided before the match starts, not set by set.

That makes no sense, she should be able to change her choice on the fly. And if you have 7-8 A teamers in a bo5 scenario, the 2-3 extra players should be ready to go out on the later maps based on the other team's choices.

Unless you're saying the rules have changed recently? Do they decide the entire roster before the match starts and it's set in stone? Because that would be really stupid. The bo7 from last year was certainly not like that.

Edit: From Light's interview on Fomos: "I lost to a Protoss in the previous match against Samsung, so I geared my practice time towards TvP. After the 4th set, it should have been fairly obvious to everyone that I would be fielded in the 5th set, and that would mean I could be easily entry-sniped."

Clearly the roster is not completely predetermined.


I'm pretty sure what I said was correct, yes it's a change from last season. I'd be interested in a definitive word from someone who has a source. But I remember reading about the format change in a TL article.

There was a discussion about it in the LR thread yesterday. it made me think the lineups were predetermined by the coaches(given to a ref at the beginning of the match), but with Light's interview now I have no idea.
Liquipedia
gen.Sun
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States539 Posts
December 08 2011 20:16 GMT
#1905
On December 09 2011 03:19 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 02:44 MuK_x wrote:
EffOrt beat JangBi?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT


It sounds a lot more epic than it actually was

For me, Jangbi was the biggest disappointment of the whole night. sigh.


Full agreement here.
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
December 08 2011 20:17 GMT
#1906
On December 09 2011 03:19 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 02:44 MuK_x wrote:
EffOrt beat JangBi?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT


It sounds a lot more epic than it actually was

For me, Jangbi was the biggest disappointment of the whole night. sigh.

i will watch VODs soon as possible~~~~~~
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 20:24:09
December 08 2011 20:22 GMT
#1907
On December 09 2011 03:19 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 02:44 MuK_x wrote:
EffOrt beat JangBi?

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT


It sounds a lot more epic than it actually was

For me, Jangbi was the biggest disappointment of the whole night. sigh.

Yeah, I agree.

On December 09 2011 04:19 Elyvilon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 02:16 gen.Sun wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:25 kuroshiroi wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:10 gen.Sun wrote:
On December 08 2011 20:32 Scarecrow wrote:
Trolluary is the worst coach in the league, I feel sorry for Samsung fans.


Before you slag on January I hope you know that the players are decided before the match starts, not set by set.

That makes no sense, she should be able to change her choice on the fly. And if you have 7-8 A teamers in a bo5 scenario, the 2-3 extra players should be ready to go out on the later maps based on the other team's choices.

Unless you're saying the rules have changed recently? Do they decide the entire roster before the match starts and it's set in stone? Because that would be really stupid. The bo7 from last year was certainly not like that.

Edit: From Light's interview on Fomos: "I lost to a Protoss in the previous match against Samsung, so I geared my practice time towards TvP. After the 4th set, it should have been fairly obvious to everyone that I would be fielded in the 5th set, and that would mean I could be easily entry-sniped."

Clearly the roster is not completely predetermined.


I'm pretty sure what I said was correct, yes it's a change from last season. I'd be interested in a definitive word from someone who has a source. But I remember reading about the format change in a TL article.

There was a discussion about it in the LR thread yesterday. it made me think the lineups were predetermined by the coaches(given to a ref at the beginning of the match), but with Light's interview now I have no idea.

Nah, I doubt there's been any change from last season. I've not seen any announcement from Kespa about a change. And they still hand that little slip of paper to the referee before each set.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
December 08 2011 20:43 GMT
#1908
On December 09 2011 05:22 Ryo wrote:

Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 04:19 Elyvilon wrote:
On December 09 2011 02:16 gen.Sun wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:25 kuroshiroi wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:10 gen.Sun wrote:
On December 08 2011 20:32 Scarecrow wrote:
Trolluary is the worst coach in the league, I feel sorry for Samsung fans.


Before you slag on January I hope you know that the players are decided before the match starts, not set by set.

That makes no sense, she should be able to change her choice on the fly. And if you have 7-8 A teamers in a bo5 scenario, the 2-3 extra players should be ready to go out on the later maps based on the other team's choices.

Unless you're saying the rules have changed recently? Do they decide the entire roster before the match starts and it's set in stone? Because that would be really stupid. The bo7 from last year was certainly not like that.

Edit: From Light's interview on Fomos: "I lost to a Protoss in the previous match against Samsung, so I geared my practice time towards TvP. After the 4th set, it should have been fairly obvious to everyone that I would be fielded in the 5th set, and that would mean I could be easily entry-sniped."

Clearly the roster is not completely predetermined.


I'm pretty sure what I said was correct, yes it's a change from last season. I'd be interested in a definitive word from someone who has a source. But I remember reading about the format change in a TL article.

There was a discussion about it in the LR thread yesterday. it made me think the lineups were predetermined by the coaches(given to a ref at the beginning of the match), but with Light's interview now I have no idea.

Nah, I doubt there's been any change from last season. I've not seen any announcement from Kespa about a change. And they still hand that little slip of paper to the referee before each set.

Ah, thanks. Good to know!
Liquipedia
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
December 08 2011 20:59 GMT
#1909
Whoops... Hydra on anti & KHAN for LB .... yikes
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 21:03:07
December 08 2011 21:02 GMT
#1910
CJ is on a roll. nothing stopping their powerhouse of death.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
December 08 2011 21:26 GMT
#1911
Jesus, Effort. Beating the previous OSL winning in your 3rd televised game back from retirement? What a monster.
-
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
December 08 2011 22:01 GMT
#1912
wow EffOrt i regret not putting you on my fpl :<
what a boss.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
December 08 2011 22:18 GMT
#1913
LOL effort what the fuck did you do with your hair
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
December 08 2011 22:49 GMT
#1914
fuck yeah cj, i'm glad they won

BW is back
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
December 09 2011 00:25 GMT
#1915
On December 09 2011 05:59 icclown wrote:
Whoops... Hydra on anti & KHAN for LB .... yikes


Why would you put the ace of a strong team on your anti?
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 00:41:07
December 09 2011 00:40 GMT
#1916
it's not a bad move if you think about it. CJ is so good that they probably won't need 5 games to win most of the time, so Hydra won't play as many games as some other 8-pointers. The ace match is gone so there's no chance of him killing you with 2 wins in a day.
I drop suckas like Plinko
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
December 09 2011 00:42 GMT
#1917
Welp, Brave was a really weird ace choice (screw it, I'm calling the fifth set the ace from now on). Assuming lineup can be changed, had to be expecting Leta, which is weird since Hydra's played more this year (unless Outlier is secretly a Terran map now). But it still seems like putting out Reality/TurN and letting them take their chances against Hydra/Leta has a higher EWP, even if Brave might be a bigger favorite over Leta.

If the lineup was preset, it seems to make even less sense. Lead with Jangbi and Stork I get. But I'm becoming firmly convinced you want a closer in this format, which would in this scenario be RorO (or possibly Reality or Shine).

Oh well. I guess as long as KHAN keeps making the playoffs, January's been coaching longer than I've been watching...
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
December 09 2011 00:55 GMT
#1918
effort's zvp was always godly. not very surprised here.
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
December 09 2011 01:00 GMT
#1919
Whats this gateway opening Khan protoss have been doing against zergs now? Is it a revolution from FFE?! They are getting raped though lol
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
HardMacro
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada361 Posts
December 09 2011 01:09 GMT
#1920
Does anyone else find Effort unbearably annoying? Especially with that fugly new yellow hair or maybe it's his elf face, I just can't bring myself to like him even a bit. I always root against him, he's pretty much my most hated player currently. I know he's good, he's S-class and produces good games, but I just can't enjoy watching him play for some very strange and unknown reason.

I guess due to my inexplicable abhorrence, I strongly suspect that he was involved in the match-fixings scandals, just never caught or made a deal to get off. I mean, he was DOMINATING on the level of Jaedong, contending for the zerg throne, killing God in the OSL, playing like the way he has currently, then suddenly boom, he decides to retire and fell off the grid? I don't know, his "I want to focus on school" excuse seems feebly weak to me, as who in their right mind would choose attending a 4th class college over the very good chance (because he's so good) of making 6 figure digits annually in a year or two? And I don't know his specific salary at the time of "retirement", but I bet it's a lot more than the average A-teamer so why did he really quit?

I DON'T KNOW why I feel this way, I just do.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ saving this here because I use it, don't know how to make it, and don't know it's name
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 310
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36881
Calm 5955
Bisu 2557
Rain 1562
Jaedong 1053
Horang2 722
BeSt 570
FanTaSy 448
Soma 425
Rush 393
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
Stork 298
Light 290
Snow 192
Zeus 191
ZerO 187
Mind 151
Barracks 105
910 103
Free 101
Killer 89
Hyun 49
Mong 48
Shinee 46
Sea.KH 46
sorry 45
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 26
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 16
Sexy 13
Trap 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7124
XaKoH 413
Counter-Strike
fl0m3154
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes343
Other Games
gofns36235
singsing2267
B2W.Neo945
olofmeister794
hiko418
Lowko331
Mlord314
Hui .189
DeMusliM163
Livibee159
djWHEAT110
RotterdaM98
Mew2King65
Trikslyr53
QueenE51
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3776
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade543
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 40m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 40m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.