• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:51
CEST 04:51
KST 11:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7721 users

[ISL] Ro56 Day 2 - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Quakie
Profile Joined October 2008
Norway725 Posts
March 13 2011 00:14 GMT
#41
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=137355

Not even a year ago.
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
March 13 2011 00:19 GMT
#42
Still doesn't affect me because I don't agree with that post. There was no 2 sides to the story, which is pretty fascist. Aside from that I'm not going to respond to it anymore because Semih was disqualified and I'd appreciate if it was dropped.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Quakie
Profile Joined October 2008
Norway725 Posts
March 13 2011 01:55 GMT
#43
Yeah, I guess, anyways, he's out now.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
March 13 2011 01:57 GMT
#44
--- Nuked ---
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 02:17:08
March 13 2011 02:09 GMT
#45
Understood. It's the same concept as Artosis in TSL... he wasn't exactly the poster child for professionalism and manner, now look at him. Not that I would ever compare anything I'm doing to him, because I am 100% not a fan. Regardless, in order the most work for this tournament follows: Me, NoOne, JoeKim, Yeszero, Sayle, Tenshi (as far as my people not the community that's helping - hope I didn't miss anyone lol). So while I get your point it's not so much that it's taken. First off, there is no way to stop players from being BM. Second off, JoeKim has done a lot of work, and people BMing is not only a kickback for certain parties, but in general a good thing for any tournament. I'm glad there is a lot of drama surrounding this tournament, it creates more views and makes it less boring. This is for the BW community, not for the game of BW. If that was the case, I would've hosted a Korean tournament. Not to mention the parties that were BMed (that I didn't BM because I'm extremely harsh) probably enjoy the attention.

Edit: Semih/Chill... clearly there is history there, that's an invalid point.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Finskie
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden412 Posts
March 13 2011 03:21 GMT
#46
nooo my shauni fighting post is gone

SHAUNI FIGHTING!
Violet.
JoeKim
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States608 Posts
March 13 2011 03:43 GMT
#47
i'm sorry, krndandaman. i'll make sure next time i'm extra polite so that i can fulfill your request and fit into your world full of double rainbows, fluffy teddy bears, and dancing ponies. semih and i will be emailing IdrA letting him know that he was supposed to be disqualified from TSL for BM too.

actually, better yet.. let me write a letter to Blizzard telling them that every time i curse, it needs to be censored.

let me know, when you have BW casters lined up to help Sayle cast for 6 hours.
tryummm
Profile Joined August 2009
774 Posts
March 13 2011 06:15 GMT
#48
On March 13 2011 11:09 Game wrote:
Understood. It's the same concept as Artosis in TSL... he wasn't exactly the poster child for professionalism and manner, now look at him. Not that I would ever compare anything I'm doing to him, because I am 100% not a fan. Regardless, in order the most work for this tournament follows: Me, NoOne, JoeKim, Yeszero, Sayle, Tenshi (as far as my people not the community that's helping - hope I didn't miss anyone lol). So while I get your point it's not so much that it's taken. First off, there is no way to stop players from being BM. Second off, JoeKim has done a lot of work, and people BMing is not only a kickback for certain parties, but in general a good thing for any tournament. I'm glad there is a lot of drama surrounding this tournament, it creates more views and makes it less boring. This is for the BW community, not for the game of BW. If that was the case, I would've hosted a Korean tournament. Not to mention the parties that were BMed (that I didn't BM because I'm extremely harsh) probably enjoy the attention.

Edit: Semih/Chill... clearly there is history there, that's an invalid point.


Well having a bit of bad manner from some of the players in a tournament and having a commentator insult a large portion of the global population (african americans/south americans) on numerous occasions seems different to me. People are not different because of looks and/or the side of an imaginary line they live on. After the culture, people are essentially the same.

I guess its freedom of speech, but your hatred towards such a large portion of the population despite not knowing them seems like closed minded and limited thinking to me. But if that's the way you choose to think, I find it limited thinking...but its your decision.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
March 13 2011 06:19 GMT
#49
My 2c on the cast today. Game and joekim shouldn't be talking during the action. Sayle calls it really well, and haven't joekim saying stupid shit over the top of sayle while its in the middle of a battle reduces from the quality of the cast.

hillarious games today as well
Writer
JoeKim
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States608 Posts
March 13 2011 06:23 GMT
#50
On March 13 2011 15:19 Kiante wrote:
My 2c on the cast today. Game and joekim shouldn't be talking during the action. Sayle calls it really well, and haven't joekim saying stupid shit over the top of sayle while its in the middle of a battle reduces from the quality of the cast.

hillarious games today as well


stupid shit?
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
March 13 2011 08:33 GMT
#51
On March 13 2011 15:23 JoeKim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 15:19 Kiante wrote:
My 2c on the cast today. Game and joekim shouldn't be talking during the action. Sayle calls it really well, and haven't joekim saying stupid shit over the top of sayle while its in the middle of a battle reduces from the quality of the cast.

hillarious games today as well


stupid shit?

people dont want to hear someone laughing over the top of sayle when sayle is calling the play. let sayle do his thing and talk when the game is quieter.
Writer
Dimitris
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium25 Posts
March 13 2011 08:40 GMT
#52
I don't get people complaining. I people want to spend all that time and energy in casting this event, they can cast it any way they like it.
Thanks for casting.

Also call 911 if you feel that political correctness is being ignored.
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
March 13 2011 08:41 GMT
#53
almost feel sorry for joe kim




..nah
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 09:05:48
March 13 2011 09:05 GMT
#54
Kiante... we get it, you like Sayle. He's clearly better at talking fast and putting U's at the end of things in a loud voice. But this is the 4th time I've seen you bring it up...
@ Dimitris lol
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Mango
Profile Joined July 2006
Belgium522 Posts
March 13 2011 09:50 GMT
#55
Some surprising results yesterday! When does the cast start this evening to catch some games?
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
March 13 2011 10:14 GMT
#56
On March 13 2011 11:09 Game wrote:
First off, there is no way to stop players from being BM. Second off, JoeKim has done a lot of work, and people BMing is not only a kickback for certain parties, but in general a good thing for any tournament. I'm glad there is a lot of drama surrounding this tournament, it creates more views and makes it less boring. This is for the BW community, not for the game of BW. If that was the case, I would've hosted a Korean tournament. Not to mention the parties that were BMed (that I didn't BM because I'm extremely harsh) probably enjoy the attention.


It's a difficult issue and the last word on bm/gm hasn't been spoken yet for sure, but the issue at hand, imo, is that the stream/broadcast is your main means of promoting this event. If someone tunes in to see what's up and bumps into casters calling the players bad that's going to turn them off. It's okay to speak your mind, and I can even understand expressing hatred/frustration for this Russian abuser kid, but it shouldn't be done on stream. Especially when you're next to Sayle who's doing an excellent job trying to hype this up.

On March 13 2011 12:43 JoeKim wrote:
let me know, when you have BW casters lined up to help Sayle cast for 6 hours.


tbh I don't think this'll be too much of a problem, if you'd like me to look for one let me know. Kind of sounds like you're doing it cause "someone's gotta do it". I'd be happy to relieve you of this burden.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
JoeKim
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States608 Posts
March 13 2011 10:32 GMT
#57
On March 13 2011 19:14 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 12:43 JoeKim wrote:
let me know, when you have BW casters lined up to help Sayle cast for 6 hours.


tbh I don't think this'll be too much of a problem, if you'd like me to look for one let me know. Kind of sounds like you're doing it cause "someone's gotta do it". I'd be happy to relieve you of this burden.


go for it, pholon.
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
March 13 2011 11:44 GMT
#58
On March 13 2011 15:19 Kiante wrote:
My 2c on the cast today. Game and joekim shouldn't be talking during the action. Sayle calls it really well, and haven't joekim saying stupid shit over the top of sayle while its in the middle of a battle reduces from the quality of the cast.

hillarious games today as well


Echoing this. Sorry but I couldn't keep watching with the audio on. I like that you guys are enthusiastic but your casting was getting out of hand.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
March 13 2011 12:24 GMT
#59
I don't think joekim was that bad, except for his unclear mic audio. His laughing was mostly cute and he usually was the first to point out important stuff.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Amanebak
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Czech Republic528 Posts
March 13 2011 14:11 GMT
#60
Julia and Shauni ftw!
Thank you for casting.
BW
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 779
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo161
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 10m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 10m
Replay Cast
20h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.