• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7397 users

[SWL] MBCGame HERO vs KT Rolster - Page 43

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 47 Next All
nozaro33
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Taiwan1819 Posts
January 31 2011 12:40 GMT
#841
Flash's plan was beautiful
He notices that Jaehoon is going for fast DTs -> Fast Arb, meaning a delayed robo, so no way Jaehoon would've scouted the marines in time, absolutely no chance for hoon to stop it even if he didn't get the 3rd base
#1 Flash / #2 NaDa / #3 Stats fan / KT fan for life
Yodo
Profile Joined March 2010
Russian Federation327 Posts
January 31 2011 12:42 GMT
#842
Seems like Jaehoon doesn't have any good ideas for transition from 1 base early aggression.
Nice play from Flash.
Turbovolver
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia2451 Posts
January 31 2011 12:46 GMT
#843
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.

If you have been watching recent games, turrets at the front have not come that early in a lot of recent 1rax CC games.
+ Show Spoiler [OSL] +
See for example Fantasy's Stork-crushing builds that relied on a wraith or goliaths to deal with reavers instead of turrets. DTs that quick would have a great shot about that, I don't think scan would be done on time.


I also think Jaehoon thought his success with the early zealots put Flash off more than it actually did.
The original Bogus fan.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
January 31 2011 12:48 GMT
#844
Jaehoon probably thought Flash was going to copy Fantasy. But Flash was one step ahead.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
fallingdream
Profile Joined December 2004
Romania452 Posts
January 31 2011 12:52 GMT
#845
I feel sorry for everyone having to play KT because now they are more determined to win than ever due to Violet's condition. Imo everyone wants to win so Violet has an easy time recovering. I saw this desire in Stat's game, even if he lost I just felt like he went out of his way to make everything possible in the situation he was.
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
January 31 2011 12:52 GMT
#846
On January 31 2011 21:46 Turbovolver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.

If you have been watching recent games, turrets at the front have not come that early in a lot of recent 1rax CC games.
+ Show Spoiler [OSL] +
See for example Fantasy's Stork-crushing builds that relied on a wraith or goliaths to deal with reavers instead of turrets. DTs that quick would have a great shot about that, I don't think scan would be done on time.


I also think Jaehoon thought his success with the early zealots put Flash off more than it actually did.


He didn't actually have that much success with the early zealots either. He killed 2 SCVs and a marine, and spent the rest of the time running around in a circle and slowly getting whittled down.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 31 2011 12:53 GMT
#847
On January 31 2011 21:46 Turbovolver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.

If you have been watching recent games, turrets at the front have not come that early in a lot of recent 1rax CC games.
+ Show Spoiler [OSL] +
See for example Fantasy's Stork-crushing builds that relied on a wraith or goliaths to deal with reavers instead of turrets. DTs that quick would have a great shot about that, I don't think scan would be done on time.


I also think Jaehoon thought his success with the early zealots put Flash off more than it actually did.


I don't mind the DT's, it's always ok to try something like that. I just hated the transition out of it. Flash has like 101 different timing pushes against toss. Jaehoon's followup was just no units and don't use the tech I have already. It was just a total gamble, if flash makes any units and doesn't tech/expand, he wins.

But yeah, a player like Jaehoon could only beat Flash by gambling anyways, so I shouldn't be surprised. I just think if MBC sends him out on the 7th map they may have something better to offer than this.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 31 2011 12:55 GMT
#848
I'm pretty convinced Flash would've won that with just his tanks.

Reminds me of his all-star game vs Bisu. XD
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Tianx
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1196 Posts
January 31 2011 12:57 GMT
#849
Jaehoon's 2-base arbiter is standard and very vulnerable to deep sixes. Best lost a game to it very convincingly the first time it happened to him (and crushed it the next time).
Intrigue: "as i've said to many others your troubles in life may be directly correlated to your dirty protoss icon"
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
January 31 2011 12:58 GMT
#850
Flash is recovering his form.
I don't believe there's anyone who can take him out in a Bo5 other than Fantasy.
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
January 31 2011 13:01 GMT
#851
On January 31 2011 21:58 Caos2 wrote:
Flash is recovering his form.
I don't believe there's anyone who can take him out in a Bo5 other than Fantasy.


I think Stork would actually have a good shot, as long as it isn't a Starleague finals.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 31 2011 13:05 GMT
#852
On January 31 2011 22:01 Musou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 21:58 Caos2 wrote:
Flash is recovering his form.
I don't believe there's anyone who can take him out in a Bo5 other than Fantasy.


I think Stork would actually have a good shot, as long as it isn't a Starleague finals.

I don't think it matter if it's in a final or not, Stork has now shown plenty of times that he has a horrible mindset regarding Bo5s in general whereas that is one of Flash's strong points.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
January 31 2011 13:06 GMT
#853
On January 31 2011 21:58 Caos2 wrote:
Flash is recovering his form.
I don't believe there's anyone who can take him out in a Bo5 other than Fantasy.

Or Jaedong, his ZvT is good enough.
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
January 31 2011 13:06 GMT
#854
Good display from Flash tonight, good to keep this run going,
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
January 31 2011 13:06 GMT
#855
I guess the arguments about Flash being a boring player probably stem from the fact that whenever he doesn't turtle, the opponent usually dies immediately after the first attack, leaving no chance for resistance/retribution.
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 31 2011 13:07 GMT
#856
On January 31 2011 22:06 mnesthes wrote:
I guess the arguments about Flash being a boring player probably stem from the fact that whenever he doesn't turtle, the opponent usually dies immediately after the first attack, leaving no chance for resistance/retribution.

Which makes his opponent boring.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
radialis
Profile Joined November 2010
726 Posts
January 31 2011 13:07 GMT
#857
i don't understand why everyone hates flash... i thought that was a pretty good show from him
hns
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany609 Posts
January 31 2011 13:13 GMT
#858
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.


Doesn't an Arbiter Tribunal require having Templar Archives?
ZerO, Action, Neo.G_Soulkey & FlaSh fanboy~~
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 13:14:35
January 31 2011 13:13 GMT
#859
On January 31 2011 22:07 radialis wrote:
i don't understand why everyone hates flash... i thought that was a pretty good show from him

There are always people who hate those at the top. In Flash's case, a lot of it comes from his reputation first as a cheeser, and then as a turtler. He's been mixing it up quite a bit though, so those reasons are pretty much invalid these days.

On January 31 2011 22:13 hns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.


Doesn't an Arbiter Tribunal require having Templar Archives?


Yes, it does.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 13:42:07
January 31 2011 13:41 GMT
#860
On January 31 2011 22:13 hns wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2011 21:37 Malinor wrote:
Build templar archives for 2 DTs, they accomplish nothing... yeah I'll just build a stargate and an arbiter and don't use the buildings I have just constructed. Citadell wasted, DTs wasted, Templar archives wasted. And of course I go douple expand when I don't have any scout on the terran.

This is so fucking bad, So unbelievable bad play. You don't need a deep six to break that, any normal attack would do.

Just in case, I am not a Flahs hater, I just can't believe what Jaehoon just played.


Doesn't an Arbiter Tribunal require having Templar Archives?


It does. My point was that it should have been used for storms before arbiter or the citadel for building a bulk of speed-zealots.

And before someone explains to me how 2base arbiters work, I realldy don't need to. I am still completely underwhelmed how you go 2base arbiters without observers, no speed zlots, no scouting information, no templars and already building your 3rd and 4th nexus somewhere on the map while you have like 8-10 goons and 2 DTs. And all of this on Fortress in close positions.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM339
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 339
TKL 185
ProTech140
SteadfastSC 128
UpATreeSC 42
ByuN 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34082
Calm 3335
Shuttle 2260
Jaedong 1665
Mini 613
Horang2 561
EffOrt 497
Soma 310
Rush 298
Stork 238
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 235
ZerO 215
BeSt 176
Snow 157
firebathero 110
Mong 97
Zeus 85
hero 81
910 81
Mind 70
Hyun 44
sorry 41
Shine 37
Sharp 37
Free 35
Shinee 32
Yoon 30
ToSsGirL 27
Killer 25
PianO 24
Terrorterran 24
Aegong 20
JYJ 19
Bale 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
scan(afreeca) 14
Sexy 13
Sacsri 12
HiyA 11
Hm[arnc] 9
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5903
Dendi1211
League of Legends
KnowMe3
Counter-Strike
fl0m3440
Fnx 561
x6flipin453
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King79
ChuDatz33
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi1256
B2W.Neo705
hiko657
ceh9387
crisheroes309
dupreeh309
Khaldor217
420jenkins214
Livibee213
QueenE122
Trikslyr84
Beastyqt76
Dewaltoss62
C9.Mang056
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH291
• Hinosc 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4108
• WagamamaTV394
League of Legends
• Nemesis2595
Other Games
• Shiphtur782
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 50m
INu's Battles
18h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 50m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.