• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6706 users

Mouse Grip and iCCup Ranking Survey - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
January 14 2010 12:10 GMT
#81
palm grip

d+ 2600
I drop suckas like Plinko
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 14 2010 12:13 GMT
#82
just to mess with your data

palm
12100
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-14 12:17:59
January 14 2010 12:17 GMT
#83
On January 14 2010 21:13 IdrA wrote:
just to mess with your data

palm
12100


Actually this helps. I was thinking about disregarding Morrow's because he's a semi-pro, but screw it. All we need is a 12000 or so claw user now.

Sorry Morrow . No hard feelings.

So far: 29 finger grip users; average of 3833, 19 palm users; average of 5258, and 14 claw users; average of 3353.

Finger users are at a disadvantage considering their numbers, and claw users should be doing a lot better. Given, if you add a 12000 player (both palm and finger groups have these) to the claw grip group, the average spikes to 3971.
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
January 14 2010 12:18 GMT
#84
well mines actually like 3/4 palm 1/4 claw, the entirety of the right/bottom portion of my hand rests on the mouse and my thumb is flat, but my index finger and the top left portion of my palm arches up
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Glaucus
Profile Joined June 2009
479 Posts
January 14 2010 12:29 GMT
#85
RosaParksStoleMySeat , what are you trying to do anyway?
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
January 14 2010 12:39 GMT
#86

Preferred Grip: "The Fingertip Grip"
Best iCCup Ranking: D
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
January 14 2010 12:47 GMT
#87
Holy shit. I never even thought about this before.

I just tried the "palm grip" and noticed how much more comfortable it is.

I've been holding my mouse the wrong way for years, haha.
FUCKING GAY LAGS
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
January 14 2010 13:00 GMT
#88
Fingertip
C
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
January 14 2010 13:01 GMT
#89
Fingertip
C- ~3500pts
Forever Vulture.. :(
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
January 14 2010 13:03 GMT
#90
Fingertip, D, 1900

And this:
On January 14 2010 21:47 Ronald_McD wrote:
Holy shit. I never even thought about this before.

I just tried the "palm grip" and noticed how much more comfortable it is.

I've been holding my mouse the wrong way for years, haha.

"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
StarBrift
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden1761 Posts
January 14 2010 13:14 GMT
#91
On January 14 2010 21:47 Ronald_McD wrote:
Holy shit. I never even thought about this before.

I just tried the "palm grip" and noticed how much more comfortable it is.

I've been holding my mouse the wrong way for years, haha.


It's more comfortable but definately slower. I'd like to see someone have over 350 apm with a full palm grip without their arms and shoulders exploding.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
January 14 2010 13:25 GMT
#92
Fingertip

Max rank B with 7200~ but could probably hit B+ if i put alot more effort and mass gaming.

180-200 apm

I use both palm and fingertip but when i play sc only using fingertip feels more right and i can give more precise and faster actions.

Claw looks so wierd lol

Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
January 14 2010 13:42 GMT
#93
I use something in between palm/fingertip, it seems to be mostly palm though.
Also depends on the mouse I'm using, a small one I have to just use my fingers, large one I can put my whole palm on it.

Max ~6000 (earned in non-kor timezone of course )
No I'm never serious.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
January 14 2010 14:11 GMT
#94
Palm C 4100
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12061 Posts
January 14 2010 14:42 GMT
#95
Palm
D 1300
Race: Terran
APM: I generally get around 160-200

My hand basically sits perfectly over the mouse so the palm grip is the most comfortable.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-14 14:55:18
January 14 2010 14:49 GMT
#96
I think it mostly depends on the mouse how you keep it. I use fingertip (B- 67%) and I dont think this has anything to do with the skill level.
I use different grips with different mouses.

I'd like to see APM added to this data.
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
January 14 2010 14:57 GMT
#97
typical claw grip

c- 3500
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-15 04:23:46
January 14 2010 15:01 GMT
#98
I don't use a mouse at work, but from what I recall this should be correct:

The Palm Grip EDIT: Sorry I just checked I have the "claw" grip
C (4700)
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
January 14 2010 15:07 GMT
#99
I actually don't know. I'd normally palm grip a mouse, but I can't fit my whole hand on a mini optical, so I dunno really, I end up doing a combination of claw and palm by the looks of things.

Clear this up for me?
My. Copy. Is. Here.
ahleezay
Profile Joined July 2009
43 Posts
January 14 2010 15:15 GMT
#100
claw
c- (3155)
terran
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10420
Rain 3184
soO 520
BeSt 449
Stork 378
Soulkey 359
Soma 342
Rush 266
firebathero 213
Barracks 152
[ Show more ]
Sexy 95
Shinee 52
Killer 32
Mind 30
Sharp 23
Shine 22
HiyA 22
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
yabsab 14
hero 13
Terrorterran 12
zelot 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5630
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King122
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1111
Pyrionflax199
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV157
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3m
CranKy Ducklings23
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
Patches Events
5h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
OSC
13h 3m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.