• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:41
CEST 19:41
KST 02:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7935 users

Interview with IdrA - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Spartan
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2030 Posts
June 07 2009 20:27 GMT
#61
On June 07 2009 21:15 konadora wrote:
I want to see Idra play some money map games

We're working on putting up a tournament of our top 8 fastest players. Then we'll probably send the winner to play him if he is still up for it. :D
# http://nkspartan.com (web engineer)
# TL member since July 2005; CEO of Vile Gaming; President of Team Vile
Splunge
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany925 Posts
June 07 2009 20:47 GMT
#62
Really nice interview.. thx for posting!
Kreedit
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden373 Posts
June 07 2009 21:05 GMT
#63
On June 08 2009 04:25 piratebay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2009 04:08 FirstBorn wrote:
On June 08 2009 04:02 scwizard wrote:
On June 08 2009 03:36 FirstBorn wrote:
On June 08 2009 03:26 scwizard wrote:
Why are people disrespecting Rekrul and IdrA?

IdrA is really good at starcraft, and Rekrul is really good at poker. Can you at least respect that?

It is true that neither of them are exactly paragons of good manner and kindness, and both of them can be blunt at times, but they're human, humans can be like that.


Don't compare Idra with Rekrul. Rekrul is funny.

Thanks for the interview, interesting read.

Yeah Rekrul has more charisma, and so people find his cockiness funny more often.

I still don't see why IdrA deserves disrespect.


Most of my lack of respect towards Idra is caused by his behavior ingame. I don't see why I shold respect him if he obviously doesn't respect his opponents. He's a really good player, props to him for getting in korea and givena progamer licence but I don't consider this a reason to respect him.


fixed, but basically if you read about the matches between him and f91, or his ingame behavior against strelok(i think it was him), i guess these are some of the reasons that people don't like idra too much.

also, rekrul spices up TL. its funny to read flame wars between him and other people.


He earned the friggin licence by winning the estro tournament and not becuase sdm just randomly gave it to him. Besides what sdm said in the gom cast was just a fit of nerdrage so i would take what he said with a massive truck of salt.

Also Rekrul's sanctioned flaming doesnt add shit to the community it just makes the mods look biased in favor of vets for letting it go on.
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-07 21:36:03
June 07 2009 21:33 GMT
#64
Man did anyone else find the little interviewer responses to be annoying?
Such as
Wow nice lol I know I'd be nervous if I were there playing for the first time ^^
lol ya that's for sure, I'd be playing SC no matter where I lived
Yea takes time to get up there we all know yer A caliber lolz
etc...

I mean the interview is about Idra and I don't want to hear the interviewer's responses/opinions... guess I'm just so used to korean interviews now :p
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-07 21:37:46
June 07 2009 21:37 GMT
#65
On June 08 2009 06:33 Kentor wrote:
Man did anyone else find the little interviewer responses to be annoying?
Such as
Show nested quote +
Wow nice lol I know I'd be nervous if I were there playing for the first time ^^
Show nested quote +
lol ya that's for sure, I'd be playing SC no matter where I lived
Show nested quote +
Yea takes time to get up there we all know yer A caliber lolz
etc...

I mean the interview is about Idra and I don't want to hear the interviewer's responses/opinions... guess I'm just so used to korean interviews now :p


yes

and rek isnt cocky, to guy above
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
June 07 2009 23:20 GMT
#66
Thanks for the interview. It was great!
Krigstar
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden77 Posts
June 07 2009 23:43 GMT
#67
On June 08 2009 04:30 Scooge wrote:
Are you this dense? People WANT to like Idra. They want to cheer on the foreigner in Korea, but he's thrown away any good will by being a socially retarded, disrespectful dick at every major appearance. Maybe people disrespect him because he's disrespectful to others? What a concept.


This sums up my thoughts exactly. Nice post

In interviews he always seems like such a nice guy though... Makes me sad
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
June 07 2009 23:58 GMT
#68
Pretty good interview from Idra. Almost good enough to get me to remove my quote.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
June 08 2009 00:23 GMT
#69
Showmatch will be awesome!
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
June 08 2009 00:56 GMT
#70
Idra why can't you actually beat anyone?

Cuz I don't practice enough.
the throws never bothered me anyway
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
June 08 2009 01:42 GMT
#71
On June 07 2009 21:00 Spartan wrote:


Pro]ChoseN- : Sounds good, well I'll wrap it up with you giving me your best and worst moment as a pro gamer so far.
[b]IdrA : I suppose my best would be winning ESWC, even though its not on the same level as a starleague or anything its still a major tournament, all of the best european, american, and chinese players played it





Did F91 play in the ESWC?
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
June 08 2009 01:56 GMT
#72
On June 08 2009 10:42 tomatriedes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2009 21:00 Spartan wrote:


Pro]ChoseN- : Sounds good, well I'll wrap it up with you giving me your best and worst moment as a pro gamer so far.
[b]IdrA : I suppose my best would be winning ESWC, even though its not on the same level as a starleague or anything its still a major tournament, all of the best european, american, and chinese players played it





Did F91 play in the ESWC?

no becouse he didn't pass the elimination trough other chinese players.
Elite00fm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States548 Posts
June 08 2009 02:09 GMT
#73
come on IdrA, eye of the tiger man I want to see you spill some blood in proleague
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
June 08 2009 02:45 GMT
#74
On June 08 2009 10:56 Piste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2009 10:42 tomatriedes wrote:
On June 07 2009 21:00 Spartan wrote:


Pro]ChoseN- : Sounds good, well I'll wrap it up with you giving me your best and worst moment as a pro gamer so far.
[b]IdrA : I suppose my best would be winning ESWC, even though its not on the same level as a starleague or anything its still a major tournament, all of the best european, american, and chinese players played it





Did F91 play in the ESWC?

no becouse he didn't pass the elimination trough other chinese players.


That's a shame.
Pro]ChoseN
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3 Posts
June 08 2009 03:22 GMT
#75
On June 08 2009 06:33 Kentor wrote:
Man did anyone else find the little interviewer responses to be annoying?
Such as
Show nested quote +
Wow nice lol I know I'd be nervous if I were there playing for the first time ^^
Show nested quote +
lol ya that's for sure, I'd be playing SC no matter where I lived
Show nested quote +
Yea takes time to get up there we all know yer A caliber lolz
etc...

I mean the interview is about Idra and I don't want to hear the interviewer's responses/opinions... guess I'm just so used to korean interviews now :p


I did the interview ^^ It's the first official interview I've ever done in my life give me a break? But yes you are right with what you say, I've learned from it now that I got to read it.

But the interview was more like a conversation, which is why I was kind of responding. I didn't pre-write questions or anything we just started talking basically and winged it.
The road to hell is paved with the best intentions.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
June 08 2009 03:25 GMT
#76
I'm a fan.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 08 2009 04:48 GMT
#77
On June 08 2009 12:22 Pro]ChoseN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2009 06:33 Kentor wrote:
Man did anyone else find the little interviewer responses to be annoying?
Such as
Wow nice lol I know I'd be nervous if I were there playing for the first time ^^
lol ya that's for sure, I'd be playing SC no matter where I lived
Yea takes time to get up there we all know yer A caliber lolz
etc...

I mean the interview is about Idra and I don't want to hear the interviewer's responses/opinions... guess I'm just so used to korean interviews now :p


I did the interview ^^ It's the first official interview I've ever done in my life give me a break? But yes you are right with what you say, I've learned from it now that I got to read it.

But the interview was more like a conversation, which is why I was kind of responding. I didn't pre-write questions or anything we just started talking basically and winged it.


haha its a great interview, the thing people are saying is it just seemed like you were answering your own questions. Don't think that we don't appreciate it, its pretty baller, just pointing out a few things
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
June 08 2009 05:02 GMT
#78
On June 08 2009 10:42 tomatriedes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2009 21:00 Spartan wrote:


Pro]ChoseN- : Sounds good, well I'll wrap it up with you giving me your best and worst moment as a pro gamer so far.
[b]IdrA : I suppose my best would be winning ESWC, even though its not on the same level as a starleague or anything its still a major tournament, all of the best european, american, and chinese players played it





Did F91 play in the ESWC?


Yes of course he played. The ESCW finals in korea were basicly the winner of europe and asia and the america's versus tossgirl ;p

If you look at all the people who tried to get where idra got you will realize, every single notable gamer worldwide (non-korean) played.

Very impressive indeed.
Nanoo
Profile Joined March 2009
229 Posts
June 08 2009 05:13 GMT
#79

On June 08 2009 04:30 Scooge wrote:
Are you this dense? People WANT to like Idra. They want to cheer on the foreigner in Korea, but he's thrown away any good will by being a socially retarded, disrespectful dick at every major appearance. Maybe people disrespect him because he's disrespectful to others? What a concept.


yap...completely agree sir...
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
June 08 2009 05:28 GMT
#80
That show match shall be rape.
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 241
BRAT_OK 71
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27028
Mini 457
Hyuk 253
firebathero 183
ggaemo 121
Liquid`Ret 58
Mong 52
Hyun 41
Killer 35
PianO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 16
Bale 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10444
qojqva1688
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1341
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu750
Other Games
Grubby2613
FrodaN2187
fl0m1184
Beastyqt1039
Mlord425
KnowMe155
Livibee152
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King61
Trikslyr47
ToD37
mouzStarbuck25
CosmosSc2 19
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 63
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 14
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7779
Other Games
• imaqtpie467
• Shiphtur292
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 19m
INu's Battles
18h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.