Luxury, after winning a game against Protoss on Colosseum (usually a difficult map for Zerg against Protoss)
- I learned about Colosseum from JD two weeks ago. He wins so easily on that map. No matter what Protoss does, he takes the game to his advantage. I learned a lot.
Zero, talking about people thinking him one of the best ZvZ
- I practiced with JD yesterday. I lost a lot and realized again how good he is. He is the ultimate boss of ZvZ.
Keke, at a winner interview
- JD helped a lot though he's busy. In and out of the game I owe him a lot. Today's game was influenced by much by him.
Roro, at a winner interview
- I've practiced a lot with JD and learned a lot. I thank him.
FireFist, at a winner interview
- I've practiced a lot with JD. I learned a lot as I lost a lot. I won because of him. I thank him.
- When asked who he wants to face at a final
----- I don't care who, but I wanna avoid JD (laugh). I am overwhelmed by how good he is. I don't have enough skills to face him yet. His games show that he has improved a lot. I am not ready to face JD!
- When asked about his thought on Protoss' dominance
----- Whenever people say Protoss has been dominant, I think of JD. When everyone thinks Zerg is difficult, he's been doing well.
- When asked about which Zerg he wants as a teammate
----- JD. I like gamers who practice a lot.
- When asked about who tops the Bisu/Stork/JD/Flash dominance
----- JD. Zerg can be weak at times, but he shows no weakness. It's amazing.
Ga-ul Gim (Samsung Khan coach), on who she wants on her team the most
- JD. I like his style, and I've talked with him on several occasions and I like his mindset. His game style and mindset resembles mine. He is very hard-working as well.
TossGirl, when asked who she thinks is the new emperor
- JD. He's born good. Also, he practices a lot. His thinking during games is flawless and he never loses his concentration. That comes only with practice. The best gamer comes only from effort.
Horang, on who is his gamer role model
- JD. I wanna learn his mindset. It's amazing that he's at the top and yet still practices a lot.
Jangbi. on who's the best
- JD. He's a machine! It's amazing how good he is!!
Jae-gyoon Yi (Woongjin Stars coach), when asked who does he think is the best gamer
- The gamer that possesses everything a coach wants is JD. Not only he has an amazing record, his mindset and attitude and everything else is flawless. For example, when a coach asks a gamer to practice over 100 games to win a game, many gamers complain. However. JD takes such a demand for granted - a natural way to improve himself. That's the difference of mindset.
UpMagic, on who has the best physical (handspeed/multitasking)
- JD. I helped him practice for Batoo OSL and realized that he has the best physical of all time.
Leta, on who has the best physical (handspeed/multitasking)
- JD. I sometimes watch his games in total awe. I can think nothing but that he's amazing.
Nada, at a New Year greeting
- I began playing StarCraft nine years ago and have been a gamer for seven years. I recently got to practice with JD, and I learned a lot. It's important for a gamer to have goals and passion, and it's also crucial to be modest. JD is at the top and yet is still very modest. Even at the top, he practices more than any other gamer and still has time to take care of fellow gamers. His behavior and sense of responsibility truly live up to the name of a progamer.