• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:37
CEST 10:37
KST 17:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8887 users

Progamers on Jaedong

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
sky_slasher
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States328 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-04 14:32:24
June 04 2009 00:34 GMT
#1
Compiled from interviews

[image loading]

Luxury, after winning a game against Protoss on Colosseum (usually a difficult map for Zerg against Protoss)
- I learned about Colosseum from JD two weeks ago. He wins so easily on that map. No matter what Protoss does, he takes the game to his advantage. I learned a lot.

Zero, talking about people thinking him one of the best ZvZ
- I practiced with JD yesterday. I lost a lot and realized again how good he is. He is the ultimate boss of ZvZ.

Keke, at a winner interview
- JD helped a lot though he's busy. In and out of the game I owe him a lot. Today's game was influenced by much by him.

Roro, at a winner interview
- I've practiced a lot with JD and learned a lot. I thank him.

FireFist, at a winner interview
- I've practiced a lot with JD. I learned a lot as I lost a lot. I won because of him. I thank him.

Stork
- When asked who he wants to face at a final
----- I don't care who, but I wanna avoid JD (laugh). I am overwhelmed by how good he is. I don't have enough skills to face him yet. His games show that he has improved a lot. I am not ready to face JD!
- When asked about his thought on Protoss' dominance
----- Whenever people say Protoss has been dominant, I think of JD. When everyone thinks Zerg is difficult, he's been doing well.
- When asked about which Zerg he wants as a teammate
----- JD. I like gamers who practice a lot.
- When asked about who tops the Bisu/Stork/JD/Flash dominance
----- JD. Zerg can be weak at times, but he shows no weakness. It's amazing.

Ga-ul Gim (Samsung Khan coach), on who she wants on her team the most
- JD. I like his style, and I've talked with him on several occasions and I like his mindset. His game style and mindset resembles mine. He is very hard-working as well.

TossGirl, when asked who she thinks is the new emperor
- JD. He's born good. Also, he practices a lot. His thinking during games is flawless and he never loses his concentration. That comes only with practice. The best gamer comes only from effort.

Horang, on who is his gamer role model
- JD. I wanna learn his mindset. It's amazing that he's at the top and yet still practices a lot.

Jangbi. on who's the best
- JD. He's a machine! It's amazing how good he is!!

Jae-gyoon Yi (Woongjin Stars coach), when asked who does he think is the best gamer
- The gamer that possesses everything a coach wants is JD. Not only he has an amazing record, his mindset and attitude and everything else is flawless. For example, when a coach asks a gamer to practice over 100 games to win a game, many gamers complain. However. JD takes such a demand for granted - a natural way to improve himself. That's the difference of mindset.

UpMagic, on who has the best physical (handspeed/multitasking)
- JD. I helped him practice for Batoo OSL and realized that he has the best physical of all time.

Leta, on who has the best physical (handspeed/multitasking)
- JD. I sometimes watch his games in total awe. I can think nothing but that he's amazing.

Nada, at a New Year greeting
- I began playing StarCraft nine years ago and have been a gamer for seven years. I recently got to practice with JD, and I learned a lot. It's important for a gamer to have goals and passion, and it's also crucial to be modest. JD is at the top and yet is still very modest. Even at the top, he practices more than any other gamer and still has time to take care of fellow gamers. His behavior and sense of responsibility truly live up to the name of a progamer.
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
June 04 2009 00:39 GMT
#2
He is pretty ridiculous.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
June 04 2009 00:40 GMT
#3
"Zero, talking about people thinking him one of the best ZvZ
- I practiced with JD yesterday. I lost a lot and realized again how good he is. He is the ultimate boss of ZvZ."

FINAL BOSS CONFIRMED FOR SC2
raiame
Profile Joined December 2007
United States421 Posts
June 04 2009 00:41 GMT
#4
Yeah, this makes me respect him even more.
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
June 04 2009 00:41 GMT
#5
Just makes you respect JD that much more. He will always be one of my favorite players
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
June 04 2009 00:42 GMT
#6
Sick thread

Heres one from BackHo's recent interview

- What thoughts came into your mind as you watched the ace match?
▲ I felt that both (Jaedong and Leta) were really great players. I was left wondering, "How does he do that?" as I watched Jaedong play
Writerman what
Kim_Hyun_Han
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
706 Posts
June 04 2009 00:43 GMT
#7
THE BIG BOSS

ZERG-HOUND CREATOR

Jae Dong

FEAR HIM.

Ry-Masta-T
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States478 Posts
June 04 2009 00:43 GMT
#8
It's good to know that it doesnt all go to his head. JD seems like a genuinely cool dude.
Speak the word...
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
June 04 2009 00:44 GMT
#9
wowowo jaedong is out of this world
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
June 04 2009 00:45 GMT
#10
On June 04 2009 09:43 Ry-Masta-T wrote:
It's good to know that it doesnt all go to his head. JD seems like a genuinely cool dude.


very true
anyone who was at wcg can confirm it, jaedong's a total baller
Graphics
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
June 04 2009 00:47 GMT
#11
very cool Nada's was the best.. nice read.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
June 04 2009 00:48 GMT
#12
jaedong is truly a monster...

thanks for the compilation.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Pioneer
Profile Joined December 2008
994 Posts
June 04 2009 00:48 GMT
#13
If you get NaDa's seal of approval you're set.
Try
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1293 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-04 00:50:09
June 04 2009 00:49 GMT
#14
UpMagic, on who has the best physical
- JD. I helped him practice for Batoo OSL and realized that he has the best physical of all time.

Leta, on who has the best physical
- JD. I sometimes watch his games in total awe. I can think nothing but that he's amazing.


Thanks for the snippets. Jaedong is truly a monster, and I respect his extreme hard work. But physical? Like who has the best body?
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
June 04 2009 00:50 GMT
#15
i wanna practise with jaedong too!
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
June 04 2009 00:50 GMT
#16
Jaedong IS the BEST!

Thats a definite!
Jaedong :3
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
June 04 2009 00:51 GMT
#17
On June 04 2009 09:40 Gokey wrote:
"Zero, talking about people thinking him one of the best ZvZ
- I practiced with JD yesterday. I lost a lot and realized again how good he is. He is the ultimate boss of ZvZ."

FINAL BOSS CONFIRMED FOR SC2

Dude, they were talking about broodwar. sc2 is a different game.
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7637 Posts
June 04 2009 00:52 GMT
#18
I liked this alot thank you!

XinRan
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States530 Posts
June 04 2009 00:53 GMT
#19
What does "physical" mean in the question on who has the best physical?
"To be fair, Kal played like absolute garbage. His noted inconsistency and bad record versus Jaedong high fived into a cacophony of suck." - TwoToneTerran
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
June 04 2009 00:54 GMT
#20
On June 04 2009 09:53 XinRan wrote:
What does "physical" mean in the question on who has the best physical?


I thought it meant hand speed.
Writerman what
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1074
Hyuk 828
Dewaltoss 86
Leta 82
Killer 57
soO 54
Yoon 47
Aegong 43
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
ToSsGirL 12
Sacsri 11
Larva 11
Dota 2
Fuzer 119
League of Legends
JimRising 459
Counter-Strike
byalli567
shoxiejesuss519
kRYSTAL_11
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor907
Other Games
summit1g10466
singsing1156
olofmeister1038
ceh9596
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS50
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2345
League of Legends
• Rush1272
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 24m
OSC
13h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.