• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9656 users

Less Than Ultimate - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 07 2008 04:20 GMT
#21
On November 07 2008 13:18 heyoka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 12:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 07 2008 12:26 heyoka wrote:
Maybe he discovered girls.


Yeah, but I wanted this article to be longer than that. ;o



I didn't mean it at the time, but I just realized that your entire article can almost be summed up with that sentence. Nice writeup, though I think the applications of development theory sound a little forced.


Did they really?

I didn't intend that, perhaps it's the style in which I wrote that. I'll definitely try to make it seem more in place.
RIP Aaliyah
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
November 07 2008 04:21 GMT
#22
Wow, sooo many great articles these last few weeks on TL! Awesome stuff Doc!
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
November 07 2008 04:38 GMT
#23
Awesome writeup Doctor - fantastic job
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
November 07 2008 04:53 GMT
#24
On November 07 2008 12:41 waterGHOSTCLAWdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 12:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 07 2008 12:26 heyoka wrote:
Maybe he discovered girls.


Yeah, but I wanted this article to be longer than that. ;o


I can totally imagine flash being awkward at a high school dance with girls. How precious.

Great writeup though. It was a good read.

I don't want to continue the trend, but Flash has a GF. There was a video about Flash's high school in Jon747 (or Baezzi). It was right before his OSL win I think.
Jaedong
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
November 07 2008 04:57 GMT
#25
Flash is easily the best player in the world, he will prove it shortly.

Good article though, I agree with it. It's all in the mind.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
November 07 2008 05:11 GMT
#26
Flash actually goes to school? I mean, I know he should considering he's like 16. But where does he find the time to practice? That's insane pressure. And I hated my parents when I had to take piano lessons on weekends.

I know starcraft careers can't be long, but when you're making executive-type money, who cares if you're behind on your education for a couple of years? Flash is actually likely to make LESS money once he gets out of starcraft and get a normal job.

Meh
Insane Lane
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States397 Posts
November 07 2008 05:15 GMT
#27
Omg I'm sorry but really all these articles are so overdramatic...

When I started reading the article, I saw Machiavelli and Atlas and I thought, I bet this is gonna get so crazy and overassuming about Flash that he's going to compare him to Barack Obama...

I like the analyzation, but a lot of these articles seem to be repeating the same exact themes over and over now and never really present anything new. Instead, they make broad, definitive statements of absolute truths and player psyche just to approach it from a highly dramatic view. Starcraft is Starcraft, Flash is Flash. This aint Moses parting the Red Sea here.

I know I'm gonna get flamed haha...
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 07 2008 05:20 GMT
#28
On November 07 2008 14:15 Insane Lane wrote:
Omg I'm sorry but really all these articles are so overdramatic...

When I started reading the article, I saw Machiavelli and Atlas and I thought, I bet this is gonna get so crazy and overassuming about Flash that he's going to compare him to Barack Obama...

I like the analyzation, but a lot of these articles seem to be repeating the same exact themes over and over now and never really present anything new. Instead, they make broad, definitive statements of absolute truths and player psyche just to approach it from a highly dramatic view. Starcraft is Starcraft, Flash is Flash. This aint Moses parting the Red Sea here.

I know I'm gonna get flamed haha...


Well it's all in good fun.

I agree that it's a bit melodramatic, but what's wrong with a bit of drama?
RIP Aaliyah
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
November 07 2008 05:23 GMT
#29
Nice article mr cjshirt ^^ (filthy KTF traitor)
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
November 07 2008 05:24 GMT
#30
On November 07 2008 14:15 Insane Lane wrote:
Omg I'm sorry but really all these articles are so overdramatic...

When I started reading the article, I saw Machiavelli and Atlas and I thought, I bet this is gonna get so crazy and overassuming about Flash that he's going to compare him to Barack Obama...

I like the analyzation, but a lot of these articles seem to be repeating the same exact themes over and over now and never really present anything new. Instead, they make broad, definitive statements of absolute truths and player psyche just to approach it from a highly dramatic view. Starcraft is Starcraft, Flash is Flash. This aint Moses parting the Red Sea here.

I know I'm gonna get flamed haha...

I agree with you, Flash is a young kid, there is no need to make such a big deal out of a semi-slump with such an over-exaggerated article. If this was done as a hype/aftermath article for a finals then it would make more sense. This article didn't add anything new to other than OMG FLASH IS A TEENAGER.
He will be back in his ultimate form, he has plenty of time and has proven himself more than once already of his ability to win a finals series.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Two Eight Six
Profile Joined October 2008
United States7 Posts
November 07 2008 05:27 GMT
#31
Great job on the article.
Even better job on the clever metaphors.
Sauve le château, visse la princesse.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 07 2008 05:28 GMT
#32
On November 07 2008 14:24 bubblegumbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 14:15 Insane Lane wrote:
Omg I'm sorry but really all these articles are so overdramatic...

When I started reading the article, I saw Machiavelli and Atlas and I thought, I bet this is gonna get so crazy and overassuming about Flash that he's going to compare him to Barack Obama...

I like the analyzation, but a lot of these articles seem to be repeating the same exact themes over and over now and never really present anything new. Instead, they make broad, definitive statements of absolute truths and player psyche just to approach it from a highly dramatic view. Starcraft is Starcraft, Flash is Flash. This aint Moses parting the Red Sea here.

I know I'm gonna get flamed haha...

I agree with you, Flash is a young kid, there is no need to make such a big deal out of a semi-slump with such an over-exaggerated article. If this was done as a hype/aftermath article for a finals then it would make more sense. This article didn't add anything new to other than OMG FLASH IS A TEENAGER.
He will be back in his ultimate form, he has plenty of time and has proven himself more than once already of his ability to win a finals series.


;_;
RIP Aaliyah
x89titan
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Philippines1130 Posts
November 07 2008 05:32 GMT
#33
On November 07 2008 12:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 12:26 heyoka wrote:
Maybe he discovered girls.


Yeah, but I wanted this article to be longer than that. ;o

he discovered masturbation
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul, when at the cross the Savior made me whole
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
November 07 2008 05:35 GMT
#34
really nice write up good job.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
November 07 2008 05:38 GMT
#35
Flash was the best player in the world. He could be the best player again in the future; only time will tell.

Excellent article, by the way. I prefer adding more psych theories though
Brood War loyalist
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 13:43:27
November 07 2008 13:43 GMT
#36
On November 07 2008 14:32 x89titan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 12:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On November 07 2008 12:26 heyoka wrote:
Maybe he discovered girls.


Yeah, but I wanted this article to be longer than that. ;o

he discovered masturbation


That's what ruined MY starcraft career. And Xellos'.
RIP Aaliyah
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
November 07 2008 13:57 GMT
#37
Fantastic article. Guys like you make tl awesome.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 14:12:31
November 07 2008 14:09 GMT
#38
I didnt read all but the thing I read so far (Flash is in a small slump, he needs to get older to pwn more) I agree with.

I've always said it. Flash is like at 75% of his total skill, when he gets older like 2-3 years. He will dominate like Iloveoov did. Unstoppable.


On November 07 2008 14:38 meegrean wrote:
Flash was the best player in the world. He could be the best player again in the future; only time will tell.

Excellent article, by the way. I prefer adding more psych theories though


Too bad he is ranked #1 at KeSPA last month and he had the highest ELO until yesterday, when Bisu defeated Firebathero and got #1.

Flash #1 at KeSPA and #2 at ELO? he is the best
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 14:36:34
November 07 2008 14:29 GMT
#39
Goddamnit I need to rewatch some Jaedong/Flash games to make myself feel better.

On November 07 2008 14:38 meegrean wrote:
Flash was the best player in the world. He could be the best player again in the future; only time will tell.

Excellent article, by the way. I prefer adding more psych theories though


true only time will tell... Hopefully flash will do better next season, maybe do a repeat of this year's Bach OSL/GSI repeat? Ahh I can hope

edit: As a KTF fan, I agree almost everything you said on this article. The kid is so young yet so many people felt "disappointed." My god hes 16 people give him some time
dats racist
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
November 07 2008 14:54 GMT
#40
Someone make this a featured thread asap!
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings127
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 61
PiLiPiLi 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever572
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 580
Other Games
summit1g7714
JimRising 527
C9.Mang0333
ViBE157
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick902
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 31
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1113
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.