• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9078 users

IdrA goes to CJ Entus - Page 16

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
September 08 2008 22:49 GMT
#301
I want to see that face on my gomplayer
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
WingSandrockX
Profile Joined January 2007
Korea (North)1164 Posts
September 09 2008 01:55 GMT
#302
--- Nuked ---
PoP-sicle
Profile Joined May 2007
Canada418 Posts
September 09 2008 02:50 GMT
#303
new interview up!
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-09-09 02:52:17
September 09 2008 02:51 GMT
#304
I just saw it too, it was pretty good. Im very happy that hes enjoying himself.

+ Show Spoiler +
Idra > Darkelf
sizcyp
Profile Joined April 2006
145 Posts
September 09 2008 03:07 GMT
#305
Idra is currently living in B team house
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
September 09 2008 03:15 GMT
#306
link here for anyone wondering:
http://www.scforall.com/sctv/sc_tv01.asp?mNum=s03&movNum=100
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
September 09 2008 03:21 GMT
#307
Good to hear Idra seems to be adjusting well.

+ Show Spoiler +
Paintball Terran Fighting!
SayTT
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden2158 Posts
September 09 2008 03:30 GMT
#308
You have to hug savior!!!
-,-
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
September 09 2008 04:08 GMT
#309
hahaha; video of the paintball match would be hilarious.
Duke
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1106 Posts
September 09 2008 04:25 GMT
#310
he has no charisma haha
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
September 09 2008 04:48 GMT
#311
my god that interview was boring.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
September 09 2008 07:16 GMT
#312
Gl IdrA
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8195 Posts
September 09 2008 09:08 GMT
#313
On September 04 2008 17:40 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2008 14:15 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 17:35 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:57 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:39 DanceCommander wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:35 EleanorRIgby wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:28 ilbh wrote:
i dont understand how can some many people be so angry with idra.



Maybe because hes one of the worse representatives for the foreign scene, imagine if we had Draco or Handy over there, much more friendly and charismatic.


Draco had his chance. I really can't understand all this negativity either. Just cheer for him!

He was too cocky. "Oh, I should be the favorite, I'm the best foreigner obviously because I practice 12 hours and others only can get 4 hours max. I'm definitely the favorite to win the WCG USA". It was too cocky. Although he does get more practice time, he did lose in Spirit, which is totally embarrassing, as well there are several top foreigners that I bet could contest his claim. Even if he WAS, unarguably the best foreigner, you shouldn't be making arrogant statements like these. On top of the fact that he is arguably NOT the best foreigner, this is going to lead to some flames.


It's not too cocky at all, it's a perfectly realistic assessment of WCG USA, and nearly every participant in the USA final agrees.

Maybe, but lots of people agree with the viewpoint that I stated. I was just trying to explain why some people thought he was too cocky. I don't care if it was a realistic assessment or not, it was rude in my opinion. If you look in this thread, the WCG USA National Finals, you can see that many people put Yosh ahead of Idra, some people put Nony in front of Idra, etc. It's not right to be completely disregarding opinions of others, "I'm definitely the favorite".


Ok, IdrA IS definitely the favourite to win WCG USA. This is nothing against ANY of the players competing, but simply because some people think Nony or Yosh are more likely to win doesn't make that accurate. I don't see how "disregarding their opinion" comes into it. Those people are wrong.


Well, Idra is maybe very good but saying "I am definitly the best" sucks. I'm sure if you ask Jaedong if he is the best player in the world, he will start to tell you about other good players like Flash or Best. That's called humility, and I guess it's somehow necessary to become great.

Imo, laking that much humility is a very, very bad start to become a champion.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 09 2008 09:44 GMT
#314
On September 09 2008 18:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2008 17:40 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 04 2008 14:15 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 17:35 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:57 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:39 DanceCommander wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:35 EleanorRIgby wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:28 ilbh wrote:
i dont understand how can some many people be so angry with idra.



Maybe because hes one of the worse representatives for the foreign scene, imagine if we had Draco or Handy over there, much more friendly and charismatic.


Draco had his chance. I really can't understand all this negativity either. Just cheer for him!

He was too cocky. "Oh, I should be the favorite, I'm the best foreigner obviously because I practice 12 hours and others only can get 4 hours max. I'm definitely the favorite to win the WCG USA". It was too cocky. Although he does get more practice time, he did lose in Spirit, which is totally embarrassing, as well there are several top foreigners that I bet could contest his claim. Even if he WAS, unarguably the best foreigner, you shouldn't be making arrogant statements like these. On top of the fact that he is arguably NOT the best foreigner, this is going to lead to some flames.


It's not too cocky at all, it's a perfectly realistic assessment of WCG USA, and nearly every participant in the USA final agrees.

Maybe, but lots of people agree with the viewpoint that I stated. I was just trying to explain why some people thought he was too cocky. I don't care if it was a realistic assessment or not, it was rude in my opinion. If you look in this thread, the WCG USA National Finals, you can see that many people put Yosh ahead of Idra, some people put Nony in front of Idra, etc. It's not right to be completely disregarding opinions of others, "I'm definitely the favorite".


Ok, IdrA IS definitely the favourite to win WCG USA. This is nothing against ANY of the players competing, but simply because some people think Nony or Yosh are more likely to win doesn't make that accurate. I don't see how "disregarding their opinion" comes into it. Those people are wrong.


Well, Idra is maybe very good but saying "I am definitly the best" sucks. I'm sure if you ask Jaedong if he is the best player in the world, he will start to tell you about other good players like Flash or Best. That's called humility, and I guess it's somehow necessary to become great.

Imo, laking that much humility is a very, very bad start to become a champion.


Well, in IdrA's case you gotta realize it's all perspective. He knows he ain't shit compared to the entire CJ B team, he's told me as much. I think that saying you've got to be the favourite to win wcg usa because you play over ten hours a day every day isn't really very cocky.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
iori_LT
Profile Joined May 2003
Lithuania675 Posts
September 09 2008 09:51 GMT
#315
On September 09 2008 13:48 CTStalker wrote:
my god that interview was boring.

addicted to TL.net
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
September 09 2008 10:07 GMT
#316
Any games out with Idra playing ?
Want to see his improvement, I'm curious
Elsi
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8173 Posts
September 09 2008 10:09 GMT
#317
IdrA, in the CJ team tournament, who finished 1st and did you lose all your games or did you win some?

Cheers
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
September 09 2008 10:18 GMT
#318
On September 09 2008 18:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2008 17:40 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 04 2008 14:15 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 17:35 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:57 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:39 DanceCommander wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:35 EleanorRIgby wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:28 ilbh wrote:
i dont understand how can some many people be so angry with idra.



Maybe because hes one of the worse representatives for the foreign scene, imagine if we had Draco or Handy over there, much more friendly and charismatic.


Draco had his chance. I really can't understand all this negativity either. Just cheer for him!

He was too cocky. "Oh, I should be the favorite, I'm the best foreigner obviously because I practice 12 hours and others only can get 4 hours max. I'm definitely the favorite to win the WCG USA". It was too cocky. Although he does get more practice time, he did lose in Spirit, which is totally embarrassing, as well there are several top foreigners that I bet could contest his claim. Even if he WAS, unarguably the best foreigner, you shouldn't be making arrogant statements like these. On top of the fact that he is arguably NOT the best foreigner, this is going to lead to some flames.


It's not too cocky at all, it's a perfectly realistic assessment of WCG USA, and nearly every participant in the USA final agrees.

Maybe, but lots of people agree with the viewpoint that I stated. I was just trying to explain why some people thought he was too cocky. I don't care if it was a realistic assessment or not, it was rude in my opinion. If you look in this thread, the WCG USA National Finals, you can see that many people put Yosh ahead of Idra, some people put Nony in front of Idra, etc. It's not right to be completely disregarding opinions of others, "I'm definitely the favorite".


Ok, IdrA IS definitely the favourite to win WCG USA. This is nothing against ANY of the players competing, but simply because some people think Nony or Yosh are more likely to win doesn't make that accurate. I don't see how "disregarding their opinion" comes into it. Those people are wrong.


Well, Idra is maybe very good but saying "I am definitly the best" sucks. I'm sure if you ask Jaedong if he is the best player in the world, he will start to tell you about other good players like Flash or Best. That's called humility, and I guess it's somehow necessary to become great.

Imo, laking that much humility is a very, very bad start to become a champion.


Really man just look why he is saying im definantly the favorite, mabey its got something to do with hes playing like three times what the other guys are, look at whats happeing before blindly flaming

Anyway i hope idra goes far, he has the skills to make it
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
September 16 2008 20:54 GMT
#319
bump~


Greg tell us about yourself please! ^_^
w/e
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
September 16 2008 21:02 GMT
#320
On September 09 2008 18:08 Biff The Understudy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2008 17:40 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 04 2008 14:15 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 17:35 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:57 Superiorwolf wrote:
On September 03 2008 10:39 DanceCommander wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:35 EleanorRIgby wrote:
On September 03 2008 09:28 ilbh wrote:
i dont understand how can some many people be so angry with idra.



Maybe because hes one of the worse representatives for the foreign scene, imagine if we had Draco or Handy over there, much more friendly and charismatic.


Draco had his chance. I really can't understand all this negativity either. Just cheer for him!

He was too cocky. "Oh, I should be the favorite, I'm the best foreigner obviously because I practice 12 hours and others only can get 4 hours max. I'm definitely the favorite to win the WCG USA". It was too cocky. Although he does get more practice time, he did lose in Spirit, which is totally embarrassing, as well there are several top foreigners that I bet could contest his claim. Even if he WAS, unarguably the best foreigner, you shouldn't be making arrogant statements like these. On top of the fact that he is arguably NOT the best foreigner, this is going to lead to some flames.


It's not too cocky at all, it's a perfectly realistic assessment of WCG USA, and nearly every participant in the USA final agrees.

Maybe, but lots of people agree with the viewpoint that I stated. I was just trying to explain why some people thought he was too cocky. I don't care if it was a realistic assessment or not, it was rude in my opinion. If you look in this thread, the WCG USA National Finals, you can see that many people put Yosh ahead of Idra, some people put Nony in front of Idra, etc. It's not right to be completely disregarding opinions of others, "I'm definitely the favorite".


Ok, IdrA IS definitely the favourite to win WCG USA. This is nothing against ANY of the players competing, but simply because some people think Nony or Yosh are more likely to win doesn't make that accurate. I don't see how "disregarding their opinion" comes into it. Those people are wrong.


Well, Idra is maybe very good but saying "I am definitly the best" sucks. I'm sure if you ask Jaedong if he is the best player in the world, he will start to tell you about other good players like Flash or Best. That's called humility, and I guess it's somehow necessary to become great.

Imo, laking that much humility is a very, very bad start to become a champion.


About being modest, or having humility, do people say it to sound good or do they really think that? just curious

Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 176
ProTech135
FoxeR 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2441
Shuttle 1360
Artosis 585
Dewaltoss 55
NaDa 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 568
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox624
Other Games
summit1g8035
WinterStarcraft406
C9.Mang0286
ViBE120
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo147
• Stunt113
Other Games
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.