![[image loading]](https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/javier-bardem-shock-reaction-after-win-f1-fireworks-celebration-meme.gif)
Rollback Netcode in Brood War - Page 2
| Forum Index > BW General |
|
[sc1f]eonzerg
Belgium7176 Posts
![]() | ||
|
TT1
Canada10093 Posts
congrats guys, we can finally play the game the way its meant to be played | ||
|
LML
Germany1796 Posts
On October 09 2026 23:59 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote: I tried a 2v2 and it was really good. From time to time u feel a litle something. I would say specifically at the start of the game but maybe i just lock in later on and forgot about it. Need further testing. But it would be ideal to match someone that lives in Korea. China etc. to be honest is day and night. Cuz i remember playing 2v2 on shield battery when it was first released and usually it was always with very high latency. I played someone from Australia earlier and on my side it was perfect. Even during early game zealot vs zealot skirmishes. He said it felt like tr16 to him when we did a test game before our actual game. Mine was definitely closer to tr24. But as I play a lot on tr12/14 high with a friend, I don't know what tr24 feels like anymore to draw the perfect comparison ;d | ||
|
TT1
Canada10093 Posts
in SC2 servers were split but in BW we dont have the player pool to do that outside Korea (which is the biggest issue w/ playing BW outside Korea) but anyways i think ultimately this is the best path forward for non kor BW, big day, congrats to the dev team <3 | ||
|
JimmyJRaynor
Canada17924 Posts
On October 09 2026 23:50 2Pacalypse- wrote: You should watch our explainer video ^^ The prediction algorithm is: we predict nothing has changed since the previous frame. I will check it out! Thanks for the hard work! | ||
|
AttackZerg
United States7659 Posts
So, first off - thank you. Just tested on shield battery. Way, way more playable experience for games with latency.. It feels exactly like when chaos launcher first came out, even the way it reacts to lag spikes feels the same. Unfortunately, I keep getting paired with the same guy trying to test it, so sample size is small. Way better experience and visual then remastered. Very good job guys. Also, I love that now the default zerg color is Ret baby-blue. | ||
|
TT1
Canada10093 Posts
| ||
|
Soulforged
Latvia983 Posts
| ||
|
HaFnium
United Kingdom1079 Posts
Will be good to get it tested by Koreans and see how they find it and how it affects gameplay. Looks like it'll be better then turn rate 24? | ||
|
A.Alm
Sweden561 Posts
| ||
|
badbeatpete
29 Posts
| ||
|
maybenexttime
Poland5873 Posts
| ||
| ||