• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8919 users

Does anyone know top progamers' keyboard

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
relieve19
Profile Joined July 2021
4 Posts
July 21 2021 14:38 GMT
#1
Hello,

I've been researching into mech keyboards a lot lately and I was wondering what keyboards top players like Flash, Snow, Larva use? What is popular in Korea for SC progamers?

bovienchien
Profile Joined March 2014
Vietnam1152 Posts
July 21 2021 15:15 GMT
#2
I think almost pro gamers use Leopold keyboard. I am using Leopold FC750R
https://www.facebook.com/StarcraftRemasteredVN/
relieve19
Profile Joined July 2021
4 Posts
July 21 2021 15:21 GMT
#3
On July 22 2021 00:15 bovienchien wrote:
I think almost pro gamers use Leopold keyboard. I am using Leopold FC750R


Interesting. I read that is a top Korean brand. What cherry mx switches are you using? I'm currently using browns and after long matches (30+ minutes, 250 APM) my fingers feel like they are about to fall off. I heard reds are much lighter but that also causes accidental key presses which of course is bad for RTS.
Cheesefome
Profile Joined May 2016
320 Posts
July 21 2021 15:36 GMT
#4
Just use anything lighter than reds, i had blues and it was an absolute nightmare. Honestly keyboards are just a matter of preference, you will do perfectly fine with a regular walmart keyboard as long as it isn't one of those flat keys that are similar to laptops cause they are mega hard to press.

For RTS you want keys that are lighter to push down. I used to think the loud switches were really cool when playing starcraft but take my word for it, when you go with reds or anything as light as reds you'll wonder how you played on blues for so long.
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-21 15:53:49
July 21 2021 15:53 GMT
#5
Samsung/qsenn sem-dt35 was used by every pro a decade+ back. I wonder if any still use it instead of a mechanical keyboard.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
July 21 2021 16:28 GMT
#6
On July 22 2021 00:36 Cheesefome wrote:
Just use anything lighter than reds, i had blues and it was an absolute nightmare. Honestly keyboards are just a matter of preference, you will do perfectly fine with a regular walmart keyboard as long as it isn't one of those flat keys that are similar to laptops cause they are mega hard to press.

For RTS you want keys that are lighter to push down. I used to think the loud switches were really cool when playing starcraft but take my word for it, when you go with reds or anything as light as reds you'll wonder how you played on blues for so long.

i disagree on the "lighter the better" argument.
i had reds and absolutely hated gaming with them. i even hated everyday use with it also for the same reason, accidental key presses were far too easy.
i dont like blues because the sound is too obnoxious but id take blues over reds any day. normally id use browns but now using romer g and im quite satisfied with them.
bovienchien
Profile Joined March 2014
Vietnam1152 Posts
July 21 2021 17:38 GMT
#7
I use blue switch but I like to hear sound from brown switch. When I buy a new keyboard, I will choose brown switch.
https://www.facebook.com/StarcraftRemasteredVN/
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-21 17:47:18
July 21 2021 17:42 GMT
#8
Switches are personal preference, each for own. Most korean SC2 pros use blue switches and doing fine. In other hand reds IMO for me are too light and there's a chance to push accidentially not intended key. Browns seem like medium and think they're OK for RTS. And then there are orange, yellow, green, romer g and mecha-membrane hybrid and tons of various shit which I think is kind of waste of time unless you are really into mechanical keyboards and you tried everything so you wanna choose best suited one for yourself.

Personally for StarCraft I still like rubber dome. 99% used QSENN (sometimes Samsung) DT-35 on KeSPA era, it was recognized as SC keyboard in Korea. FlaSh still uses it. Lately many pros are switching to mechanical. Not sure about the reason but knowing how many of them having injures it's maybe because they think mechanical is easier to press, less pressure so fingers won't get tired quickly?
sunbeams are never made like me...
Cheesefome
Profile Joined May 2016
320 Posts
July 21 2021 18:05 GMT
#9
On July 22 2021 01:28 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2021 00:36 Cheesefome wrote:
Just use anything lighter than reds, i had blues and it was an absolute nightmare. Honestly keyboards are just a matter of preference, you will do perfectly fine with a regular walmart keyboard as long as it isn't one of those flat keys that are similar to laptops cause they are mega hard to press.

For RTS you want keys that are lighter to push down. I used to think the loud switches were really cool when playing starcraft but take my word for it, when you go with reds or anything as light as reds you'll wonder how you played on blues for so long.

i disagree on the "lighter the better" argument.
i had reds and absolutely hated gaming with them. i even hated everyday use with it also for the same reason, accidental key presses were far too easy.
i dont like blues because the sound is too obnoxious but id take blues over reds any day. normally id use browns but now using romer g and im quite satisfied with them.


For any other game its fine for starcraft its horrible. I loved blues for RPGMMORPGS. The only time I preferred reds were for RTS. How do you accidentally click a key, ive never encountered that issue ever lol.... didn't even know that was a thing. I can understand every blue moon you accidentally push a key but for it to be an issue I think that is more about your hand positioning and the height of your desk/chair. All my hand pressure is applied on my palm and elbow on my chair.

BTW didnt mean to say lighter than reds, meant to say around the same lightness as red switches is great for RTS cause of how much you use your keyboard.
Cheesefome
Profile Joined May 2016
320 Posts
July 21 2021 18:14 GMT
#10
On July 22 2021 02:38 bovienchien wrote:
I use blue switch but I like to hear sound from brown switch. When I buy a new keyboard, I will choose brown switch.


Trust me, if you plan to play starcraft for long periods of time I would HIGHLY suggest from going blue switches. Just not ideal for RTS. Not to mention the fact that people within your gaming station will quickly be annoyed by all the clicking. Those blue clicks get obnoxious after a while I can only imagine what it's like for someone within you vicinity.

I literally gave mine away, it was brand spanking new keyboard but after some time it just didn't make sense to use it for starcraft. Casual use is fine I guess.
Purressure
Profile Joined July 2021
106 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-08-19 17:53:29
July 21 2021 19:26 GMT
#11
--
LaStScan
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-22 00:55:02
July 22 2021 00:48 GMT
#12
Queen: Leopold FC900R Red / FKmini2

Action: Leopold FC750R Red / Thinkway Mini

Last: Leopold FC750R Brown / FKmini2

Best: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G100S

Soma: Leopold FC750R Silent Red / FKmini3

Mini: DT35 / Logitech G9X

Bisu: DT35 / Logitech Mini(changed to G303 sensor)

Flash: DT35 / Zowie Mico

Light: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G Pro

SnOw: Filco Majestouch Brown / Logitech G102

Rain: Leopold FC750R Brown / Zowie Mico

Sharp: DT35(I heard he uses Mechanical nowadays) / FKmini2(Old data)

Larva: Leopold FC750R Red / Zowie Mico

HyuK: Red Switches / Logitech G102

Rush: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Stork: RealForce R2 45g / Logitech G Pro

Motive: DT35 / Logitech G102

Ample: Topre Switches / FKmini3

Barracks: Red Switches / FKmini3

Scan: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Hm: Topre Switches / ??

ZeLoT: ?? / Logitech G102

RoyaL: ?? / Zowie Mico

yoon: Abko Hackers ?? Switches / G102

yabsab: DT35 / ??

RideSky: DT35 / FKmini2

ss1nz: DT35 / Logitech G102


Edit: I added space line so people can read it easier. Some of Pros switched from FKmini2 to FKmini3 and I don't know which ones did(I can't update every single one of them)
Trying my best for ASL, ASTL
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-22 17:32:12
July 22 2021 17:31 GMT
#13
Scan you are the king. <3 Thanks!

P.S. Personally I think soft keyboards like NIZ Plum that Artosis is using (35g rubber dome/topre) are the most comfortable. Was going back and forth and always returned to the comfy feeling of rubber domes.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-22 20:32:55
July 22 2021 20:30 GMT
#14
On July 22 2021 01:28 evilfatsh1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2021 00:36 Cheesefome wrote:
Just use anything lighter than reds, i had blues and it was an absolute nightmare. Honestly keyboards are just a matter of preference, you will do perfectly fine with a regular walmart keyboard as long as it isn't one of those flat keys that are similar to laptops cause they are mega hard to press.

For RTS you want keys that are lighter to push down. I used to think the loud switches were really cool when playing starcraft but take my word for it, when you go with reds or anything as light as reds you'll wonder how you played on blues for so long.

i disagree on the "lighter the better" argument.
i had reds and absolutely hated gaming with them. i even hated everyday use with it also for the same reason, accidental key presses were far too easy.
i dont like blues because the sound is too obnoxious but id take blues over reds any day. normally id use browns but now using romer g and im quite satisfied with them.


Blacks are the same mechanism as reds, but you have to press much harder (relatively speaking) to achieve an activation. I've been using them for a while and I like them quite a lot, but that's just personal opinion. I never got to try out reds, too...

Besides, even with all the hype of mechanical keyboards, I still bottom out membrane style. I bought my keyboard for the durability, it hasn't really given me a noticeable difference in performance.

P.S. I don't know if blacks are still available, as I understand, the cherry MX licence fell off a while ago and it's a wild west nowadays out there, unless something has changed.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
July 22 2021 23:10 GMT
#15
On July 22 2021 09:48 LaStScan wrote:
Queen: Leopold FC900R Red / FKmini2

Action: Leopold FC750R Red / Thinkway Mini

Last: Leopold FC750R Brown / FKmini2

Best: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G100S

Soma: Leopold FC750R Silent Red / FKmini3

Mini: DT35 / Logitech G9X

Bisu: DT35 / Logitech Mini(changed to G303 sensor)

Flash: DT35 / Zowie Mico

Light: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G Pro

SnOw: Filco Majestouch Brown / Logitech G102

Rain: Leopold FC750R Brown / Zowie Mico

Sharp: DT35(I heard he uses Mechanical nowadays) / FKmini2(Old data)

Larva: Leopold FC750R Red / Zowie Mico

HyuK: Red Switches / Logitech G102

Rush: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Stork: RealForce R2 45g / Logitech G Pro

Motive: DT35 / Logitech G102

Ample: Topre Switches / FKmini3

Barracks: Red Switches / FKmini3

Scan: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Hm: Topre Switches / ??

ZeLoT: ?? / Logitech G102

RoyaL: ?? / Zowie Mico

yoon: Abko Hackers ?? Switches / G102

yabsab: DT35 / ??

RideSky: DT35 / FKmini2

ss1nz: DT35 / Logitech G102


Edit: I added space line so people can read it easier. Some of Pros switched from FKmini2 to FKmini3 and I don't know which ones did(I can't update every single one of them)



wow, people still using DT35, must be GOAT Keyboard
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8928 Posts
July 23 2021 08:50 GMT
#16
On July 23 2021 05:30 Nikon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2021 01:28 evilfatsh1t wrote:
On July 22 2021 00:36 Cheesefome wrote:
Just use anything lighter than reds, i had blues and it was an absolute nightmare. Honestly keyboards are just a matter of preference, you will do perfectly fine with a regular walmart keyboard as long as it isn't one of those flat keys that are similar to laptops cause they are mega hard to press.

For RTS you want keys that are lighter to push down. I used to think the loud switches were really cool when playing starcraft but take my word for it, when you go with reds or anything as light as reds you'll wonder how you played on blues for so long.

i disagree on the "lighter the better" argument.
i had reds and absolutely hated gaming with them. i even hated everyday use with it also for the same reason, accidental key presses were far too easy.
i dont like blues because the sound is too obnoxious but id take blues over reds any day. normally id use browns but now using romer g and im quite satisfied with them.


Blacks are the same mechanism as reds, but you have to press much harder (relatively speaking) to achieve an activation. I've been using them for a while and I like them quite a lot, but that's just personal opinion. I never got to try out reds, too...

Besides, even with all the hype of mechanical keyboards, I still bottom out membrane style. I bought my keyboard for the durability, it hasn't really given me a noticeable difference in performance.

P.S. I don't know if blacks are still available, as I understand, the cherry MX licence fell off a while ago and it's a wild west nowadays out there, unless something has changed.

im actually curious how many people who switched from membrane to mechanical dont bottom out?
ive tried to "train" myself to only press to the required actuation point and it just wasnt doable. like you i bottom out on every key press on every keyboard ever; it just feels so unnatural to only go down halfway
krocan.cz
Profile Joined June 2015
58 Posts
July 23 2021 09:17 GMT
#17
What is so special in Leopold FC750R, that so many pro use it?
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1773 Posts
July 23 2021 16:02 GMT
#18
Is Leopold a reference to "Angry German Kid" smashing his keyboard by any chance? if yes, instant buy.
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
oxKnu
Profile Joined December 2017
1267 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-07-23 16:36:53
July 23 2021 16:36 GMT
#19
On July 23 2021 18:17 krocan.cz wrote:
What is so special in Leopold FC750R, that so many pro use it?


It's the cheapest "good" mechanical keyboard in the world.
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
July 23 2021 17:31 GMT
#20
On July 23 2021 08:10 XenOsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2021 09:48 LaStScan wrote:
Queen: Leopold FC900R Red / FKmini2

Action: Leopold FC750R Red / Thinkway Mini

Last: Leopold FC750R Brown / FKmini2

Best: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G100S

Soma: Leopold FC750R Silent Red / FKmini3

Mini: DT35 / Logitech G9X

Bisu: DT35 / Logitech Mini(changed to G303 sensor)

Flash: DT35 / Zowie Mico

Light: Leopold FC750R Brown / Logitech G Pro

SnOw: Filco Majestouch Brown / Logitech G102

Rain: Leopold FC750R Brown / Zowie Mico

Sharp: DT35(I heard he uses Mechanical nowadays) / FKmini2(Old data)

Larva: Leopold FC750R Red / Zowie Mico

HyuK: Red Switches / Logitech G102

Rush: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Stork: RealForce R2 45g / Logitech G Pro

Motive: DT35 / Logitech G102

Ample: Topre Switches / FKmini3

Barracks: Red Switches / FKmini3

Scan: Leopold FC750R Red / FKmini3

Hm: Topre Switches / ??

ZeLoT: ?? / Logitech G102

RoyaL: ?? / Zowie Mico

yoon: Abko Hackers ?? Switches / G102

yabsab: DT35 / ??

RideSky: DT35 / FKmini2

ss1nz: DT35 / Logitech G102


Edit: I added space line so people can read it easier. Some of Pros switched from FKmini2 to FKmini3 and I don't know which ones did(I can't update every single one of them)



wow, people still using DT35, must be GOAT Keyboard

It's so hard to find a good membrane keyboard in this day and age that I'm not surprised they still use the QSENN for the old feels.
Mine gas, build tanks.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1403
WardiTV639
OGKoka 264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko407
OGKoka 264
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9095
Bisu 3418
FanTaSy 2987
Shuttle 2149
Jaedong 1704
EffOrt 1428
Horang2 664
actioN 584
BeSt 574
Larva 323
[ Show more ]
Mini 202
Leta 180
soO 166
Zeus 127
Dewaltoss 106
Mind 88
Barracks 81
Snow 72
Sea.KH 59
Stork 51
ToSsGirL 48
Mong 47
hero 37
Yoon 37
Killer 33
sorry 33
Bale 30
Sexy 27
JYJ 25
Free 24
Shinee 23
Aegong 19
scan(afreeca) 18
Shine 16
zelot 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 9
yabsab 9
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3995
qojqva1087
Dendi963
XaKoH 536
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
x6flipin461
Other Games
singsing2654
olofmeister1015
Livibee767
B2W.Neo661
hiko640
crisheroes334
Pyrionflax232
XBOCT220
dupreeh78
QueenE14
Liquid`VortiX4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2097
• Nemesis694
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 8m
Replay Cast
10h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.