• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:32
CEST 23:32
KST 06:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10214 users

FlaSh-lations

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-23 22:40:27
July 22 2019 09:12 GMT
#1
This was popular topic last december due to large amount of "phases"/euphemisms flash tended to say when he was watching other people play and he was commentating, and is still being used now.

Flash tends be not as harsh in his wording so people tried to decode that to reveal its true meaning; hence the term "flash-language" or "flash-translations/flash-lations"

++++++++++++
CadenZie
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)545 Posts
July 22 2019 09:26 GMT
#2
nice jinjin these are so funny thx^^
JoinTheRain
Profile Blog Joined September 2018
Bulgaria409 Posts
July 22 2019 09:34 GMT
#3
It was fun to watch, thank you for sharing.
And it is so similar to the words my trainer is using: "Why are you doing this? Are both of your hemispheres in your head? Don't you see he's opening there-and-there when he does this-and-this? Hit there, why are you hitting his guard and not where he's open? I would beat him in like 30 seconds, wow".
The subject-matter of the art of living is each person's own life.
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1472 Posts
July 22 2019 13:22 GMT
#4
Best part was the reaction to "Get out, bastard!" xD
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
July 22 2019 15:55 GMT
#5
lmao, this is great xD
T P Z sagi
AF0x
Profile Joined June 2018
United States59 Posts
July 22 2019 17:26 GMT
#6
Thanks jinjin! This is hilarious.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
July 22 2019 18:14 GMT
#7
thanks for the subtitles! this is amazing
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
July 22 2019 19:08 GMT
#8
These are all fun to watch, thanks for the translations!
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
kidcrash
Profile Joined September 2009
United States624 Posts
July 22 2019 19:35 GMT
#9
Where are these 20 showmatches against jangbi that "made him quit"? I want to watch them lol
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
July 22 2019 19:49 GMT
#10
Hahaha thank you for this, this is the kind of BW content I've been craving.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
July 22 2019 20:59 GMT
#11
FlaSh is so humble and kind, the true definition of God. Don't even try to make him angry.
sunbeams are never made like me...
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
July 22 2019 21:26 GMT
#12
Ten seconds into the video: "his macro is fucking garbage" lol
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
July 22 2019 21:53 GMT
#13
On July 23 2019 06:26 chaosTheory_14cc wrote:
Ten seconds into the video: "his macro is fucking garbage" lol


do note its not flash saying it, he says it in more kinder terms so often that people are interpreting it

;;;
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 22 2019 22:21 GMT
#14
looool amazing vid
Writer
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-23 01:00:49
July 23 2019 01:00 GMT
#15
On July 23 2019 04:35 kidcrash wrote:
Where are these 20 showmatches against jangbi that "made him quit"? I want to watch them lol

Dark history, to be honest.

When JangBi first began to stream, a bunch of progamers gathered for their regular alcohol and chat. In such occasion, the topic of JangBi's return surfaced, and the inebriated players revealed how salty they were that JangBi won the last official BW tournament. Many claimed that they didn't accept JangBi's victory to be legitimate, with Stork (falsely) claiming that he was forced to practice for team tournaments while JangBi was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

One such claim was when Flash threatened to take 20 sponbbangs to the out-of-shape JangBi to discourage him from playing BW again.

Stork and Flash later apologized for this. But this event is without a doubt a large catalyst for why JangBi quit, alongside his lackluster skills. JangBi always had a weak mentality, and a bunch of his friends and colleagues denying one of his greatest accomplishments has got to be hurt.

I'm still salty JangBi isn't broadcasting, so forgive me if I sound edgy.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
July 23 2019 01:09 GMT
#16
On July 23 2019 10:00 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2019 04:35 kidcrash wrote:
Where are these 20 showmatches against jangbi that "made him quit"? I want to watch them lol

Dark history, to be honest.

When JangBi first began to stream, a bunch of progamers gathered for their regular alcohol and chat. In such occasion, the topic of JangBi's return surfaced, and the inebriated players revealed how salty they were that JangBi won the last official BW tournament. Many claimed that they didn't accept JangBi's victory to be legitimate, with Stork (falsely) claiming that he was forced to practice for team tournaments while JangBi was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

One such claim was when Flash threatened to take 20 sponbbangs to the out-of-shape JangBi to discourage him from playing BW again.

Stork and Flash later apologized for this. But this event is without a doubt a large catalyst for why JangBi quit, alongside his lackluster skills. JangBi always had a weak mentality, and a bunch of his friends and colleagues denying one of his greatest accomplishments has got to be hurt.

I'm still salty JangBi isn't broadcasting, so forgive me if I sound edgy.


dont forget Bisu egging them on the entire time while avoiding any responsibility lmao
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
July 23 2019 01:58 GMT
#17
On July 23 2019 10:00 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2019 04:35 kidcrash wrote:
Where are these 20 showmatches against jangbi that "made him quit"? I want to watch them lol

Dark history, to be honest.

When JangBi first began to stream, a bunch of progamers gathered for their regular alcohol and chat. In such occasion, the topic of JangBi's return surfaced, and the inebriated players revealed how salty they were that JangBi won the last official BW tournament. Many claimed that they didn't accept JangBi's victory to be legitimate, with Stork (falsely) claiming that he was forced to practice for team tournaments while JangBi was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

One such claim was when Flash threatened to take 20 sponbbangs to the out-of-shape JangBi to discourage him from playing BW again.

Stork and Flash later apologized for this. But this event is without a doubt a large catalyst for why JangBi quit, alongside his lackluster skills. JangBi always had a weak mentality, and a bunch of his friends and colleagues denying one of his greatest accomplishments has got to be hurt.

I'm still salty JangBi isn't broadcasting, so forgive me if I sound edgy.

Are you saying him taking part in the family business is just a convenient cover-up?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
kidcrash
Profile Joined September 2009
United States624 Posts
July 23 2019 02:04 GMT
#18
On July 23 2019 10:00 RWLabs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2019 04:35 kidcrash wrote:
Where are these 20 showmatches against jangbi that "made him quit"? I want to watch them lol

Dark history, to be honest.

When JangBi first began to stream, a bunch of progamers gathered for their regular alcohol and chat. In such occasion, the topic of JangBi's return surfaced, and the inebriated players revealed how salty they were that JangBi won the last official BW tournament. Many claimed that they didn't accept JangBi's victory to be legitimate, with Stork (falsely) claiming that he was forced to practice for team tournaments while JangBi was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

One such claim was when Flash threatened to take 20 sponbbangs to the out-of-shape JangBi to discourage him from playing BW again.

Stork and Flash later apologized for this. But this event is without a doubt a large catalyst for why JangBi quit, alongside his lackluster skills. JangBi always had a weak mentality, and a bunch of his friends and colleagues denying one of his greatest accomplishments has got to be hurt.

I'm still salty JangBi isn't broadcasting, so forgive me if I sound edgy.


Wow I can't believe I'm just hearing about this now, I'm borderline speechless. Jangbi was always my favorite player and I was sad when he retired. By "lackluster skills" you're just talking about rusty, out of shape, post-kespa era Jangbi right?
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
July 23 2019 02:46 GMT
#19
heres a old transcript of his stream back in 2015

On January 07 2015 08:46 lemmata wrote:
Jangbi was watching some games (starting with Jin Air OSL)

Some of his comments (not in order, nothing groundbreaking, but just Jangbi waxing sentimental after staying up all night):

I really didn't want to play SC2.
It's been a while since a looked at these. This game is so fun. I can't believe KeSPA got rid of a game as fun as this.
I was confident against both Flash and Fantasy.
If the crowd screams like that you can hear it even in the booth (The crowd roars as he eliminates Flash by blowing up his CC and tanks)
I was always nervous to face Jaedong and Bisu for some reason.
Why did I get so fat? (Some viewers attributed his atrophied skill to his fingers becoming fat. It seems that fat finger talk has become a popular joke. Someone says "That shuttle didn't die because his fingers were thin back then".)
I'm never going turn on my cam again because people always call me a pig when it's on.
Who is that guy?? That isn't me (looking at himself in the game booth). Heojupmoo?
Flash helped Fantasy prepare in that final.
Sea.ruby was the best looking gamer by far (In response to a viewer's question). Wait a minute, this is Jangbi's room. If you viewers had any sense, you all would have said Jangbi!
I was scheduled to enter the army in January. Kim Carry begged me so much to be in SSL that I could not refuse.
I had qualified to be a driver-soldier in the army (apparently this is a more cushy job than being a regular soldier).
I really want to help SSL10 be a success so that it can get a big sponsor again and revive BW. I will practice really hard.
I use Leopold keyboards.
I am sorry for being so ugly. Please don't make fun of me. In return, I will kick you out of this room. Hehe.
Okay, okay, I will lose some weight. But what good will that do me? Will any women come to me?
Yes, some of my fans were really attractive women (in response to a question). But we weren't allowed to get cozy with female fans. It's dangerous because some them could be teens.
I heard that having three children exempts you from military service (in response to a question about Pusan).
I don't smoke and I never have.
The reason I won this game was because I didn't think that I was behind (Game 5 against Fantasy). You can win games just by not believing that you're behind.
Hehe. If you want to watch games that Fantasy won, wait until he comes to Afreeca (In response to viewers who ask him to watch games Jangbi lost).
Ah she's a reporter (Viewer asked "Who is the Japanese woman who always used to come cheer for you?" I guess this explains why she was always there)
I am Passion-Moo (He's practicing hard).
I was way more full of confidence during the 08-09 season than I was during this time (A fan asked him if this was true while Jangbi was showing the legendary Game 4 vs ZerO from Tving and he answered in the affirmative).
Zero was so good at this time. He trolled me so hard (He says this when ZerO uses an epic fake drop to draw Jangbi's forces into the main, where he uses an egg-block to keep Jangbi from defending his burning natural).
Hydras are so OP.
Let's go, the last hanbang of the last protoss~ (as his forces leave for their final fight)
Oh~ goosebumps. My sleepiness is gone. Even I get goosebumps watching this. (As Zero types gg and the crowd screams "Heo Youngmoo" repeatedly)
He was crying because he thought this was the end of BW (As Kim Carry is shown shedding tears at the beginning of Game 5 vs Zero).


always felt like he was effectively being bullied out of streaming
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10388 Posts
July 23 2019 03:38 GMT
#20
On July 23 2019 11:46 ggsimida wrote:
heres a old transcript of his stream back in 2015

Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 08:46 lemmata wrote:
Jangbi was watching some games (starting with Jin Air OSL)

Some of his comments (not in order, nothing groundbreaking, but just Jangbi waxing sentimental after staying up all night):

I really didn't want to play SC2.
It's been a while since a looked at these. This game is so fun. I can't believe KeSPA got rid of a game as fun as this.
I was confident against both Flash and Fantasy.
If the crowd screams like that you can hear it even in the booth (The crowd roars as he eliminates Flash by blowing up his CC and tanks)
I was always nervous to face Jaedong and Bisu for some reason.
Why did I get so fat? (Some viewers attributed his atrophied skill to his fingers becoming fat. It seems that fat finger talk has become a popular joke. Someone says "That shuttle didn't die because his fingers were thin back then".)
I'm never going turn on my cam again because people always call me a pig when it's on.
Who is that guy?? That isn't me (looking at himself in the game booth). Heojupmoo?
Flash helped Fantasy prepare in that final.
Sea.ruby was the best looking gamer by far (In response to a viewer's question). Wait a minute, this is Jangbi's room. If you viewers had any sense, you all would have said Jangbi!
I was scheduled to enter the army in January. Kim Carry begged me so much to be in SSL that I could not refuse.
I had qualified to be a driver-soldier in the army (apparently this is a more cushy job than being a regular soldier).
I really want to help SSL10 be a success so that it can get a big sponsor again and revive BW. I will practice really hard.
I use Leopold keyboards.
I am sorry for being so ugly. Please don't make fun of me. In return, I will kick you out of this room. Hehe.
Okay, okay, I will lose some weight. But what good will that do me? Will any women come to me?
Yes, some of my fans were really attractive women (in response to a question). But we weren't allowed to get cozy with female fans. It's dangerous because some them could be teens.
I heard that having three children exempts you from military service (in response to a question about Pusan).
I don't smoke and I never have.
The reason I won this game was because I didn't think that I was behind (Game 5 against Fantasy). You can win games just by not believing that you're behind.
Hehe. If you want to watch games that Fantasy won, wait until he comes to Afreeca (In response to viewers who ask him to watch games Jangbi lost).
Ah she's a reporter (Viewer asked "Who is the Japanese woman who always used to come cheer for you?" I guess this explains why she was always there)
I am Passion-Moo (He's practicing hard).
I was way more full of confidence during the 08-09 season than I was during this time (A fan asked him if this was true while Jangbi was showing the legendary Game 4 vs ZerO from Tving and he answered in the affirmative).
Zero was so good at this time. He trolled me so hard (He says this when ZerO uses an epic fake drop to draw Jangbi's forces into the main, where he uses an egg-block to keep Jangbi from defending his burning natural).
Hydras are so OP.
Let's go, the last hanbang of the last protoss~ (as his forces leave for their final fight)
Oh~ goosebumps. My sleepiness is gone. Even I get goosebumps watching this. (As Zero types gg and the crowd screams "Heo Youngmoo" repeatedly)
He was crying because he thought this was the end of BW (As Kim Carry is shown shedding tears at the beginning of Game 5 vs Zero).


always felt like he was effectively being bullied out of streaming

Seems really mild IMO. I still find it hard to believe that it was other people that forced him out and not his real life priorities. It feels like fans are just putting things together and making their own assumptions.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason58
SpeCial 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 608
firebathero 80
Zeus 66
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 173
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS115
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5399
Liquid`Hasu1859
Other Games
summit1g7034
shahzam470
byalli378
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC73
Trikslyr40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 28m
Stellar Fest
15h 28m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.