• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:59
CEST 06:59
KST 13:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6047 users

FlaSh-lations - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
July 23 2019 03:40 GMT
#21
Sucks, never knew that. I get that the last BW OSL was really questionable with hybrid proleague but it feels like those guys were taking their frustrations with the transition out on Jangbi.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
ggsimida
Profile Joined August 2015
1156 Posts
July 23 2019 04:08 GMT
#22
On July 23 2019 12:38 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2019 11:46 ggsimida wrote:
heres a old transcript of his stream back in 2015

On January 07 2015 08:46 lemmata wrote:
Jangbi was watching some games (starting with Jin Air OSL)

Some of his comments (not in order, nothing groundbreaking, but just Jangbi waxing sentimental after staying up all night):

I really didn't want to play SC2.
It's been a while since a looked at these. This game is so fun. I can't believe KeSPA got rid of a game as fun as this.
I was confident against both Flash and Fantasy.
If the crowd screams like that you can hear it even in the booth (The crowd roars as he eliminates Flash by blowing up his CC and tanks)
I was always nervous to face Jaedong and Bisu for some reason.
Why did I get so fat? (Some viewers attributed his atrophied skill to his fingers becoming fat. It seems that fat finger talk has become a popular joke. Someone says "That shuttle didn't die because his fingers were thin back then".)
I'm never going turn on my cam again because people always call me a pig when it's on.
Who is that guy?? That isn't me (looking at himself in the game booth). Heojupmoo?
Flash helped Fantasy prepare in that final.
Sea.ruby was the best looking gamer by far (In response to a viewer's question). Wait a minute, this is Jangbi's room. If you viewers had any sense, you all would have said Jangbi!
I was scheduled to enter the army in January. Kim Carry begged me so much to be in SSL that I could not refuse.
I had qualified to be a driver-soldier in the army (apparently this is a more cushy job than being a regular soldier).
I really want to help SSL10 be a success so that it can get a big sponsor again and revive BW. I will practice really hard.
I use Leopold keyboards.
I am sorry for being so ugly. Please don't make fun of me. In return, I will kick you out of this room. Hehe.
Okay, okay, I will lose some weight. But what good will that do me? Will any women come to me?
Yes, some of my fans were really attractive women (in response to a question). But we weren't allowed to get cozy with female fans. It's dangerous because some them could be teens.
I heard that having three children exempts you from military service (in response to a question about Pusan).
I don't smoke and I never have.
The reason I won this game was because I didn't think that I was behind (Game 5 against Fantasy). You can win games just by not believing that you're behind.
Hehe. If you want to watch games that Fantasy won, wait until he comes to Afreeca (In response to viewers who ask him to watch games Jangbi lost).
Ah she's a reporter (Viewer asked "Who is the Japanese woman who always used to come cheer for you?" I guess this explains why she was always there)
I am Passion-Moo (He's practicing hard).
I was way more full of confidence during the 08-09 season than I was during this time (A fan asked him if this was true while Jangbi was showing the legendary Game 4 vs ZerO from Tving and he answered in the affirmative).
Zero was so good at this time. He trolled me so hard (He says this when ZerO uses an epic fake drop to draw Jangbi's forces into the main, where he uses an egg-block to keep Jangbi from defending his burning natural).
Hydras are so OP.
Let's go, the last hanbang of the last protoss~ (as his forces leave for their final fight)
Oh~ goosebumps. My sleepiness is gone. Even I get goosebumps watching this. (As Zero types gg and the crowd screams "Heo Youngmoo" repeatedly)
He was crying because he thought this was the end of BW (As Kim Carry is shown shedding tears at the beginning of Game 5 vs Zero).


always felt like he was effectively being bullied out of streaming

Seems really mild IMO. I still find it hard to believe that it was other people that forced him out and not his real life priorities. It feels like fans are just putting things together and making their own assumptions.


everyone is different, maybe you have a thick skin to these sort of things, but not others (especially living in a country so indulged in the halo effect like korea). yeah he has irl stuff, but no doubt all these lingering resentments from fans/players accelerated his inevitable exit from afreeca streaming.
RWLabs
Profile Joined March 2017
Korea (South)273 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-23 06:02:54
July 23 2019 05:58 GMT
#23
On July 23 2019 10:58 Jealous wrote:
Are you saying him taking part in the family business is just a convenient cover-up?

I didn't imply that. You look at a guy like ForGG and he can keep streaming despite hordes of people making fun of how weak he is currently, or how he lost MPL2 for his team, but he has the mental fortitude to keep going.

JangBi simply doesn't have that mental fortitude; he even had an emotional outburst when he was in a slump in 2011. What I'm assuming is that JangBi didn't feel comfortable with his fellow gamers due to the incident, and was being constantly ridiculed by viewers for not improving fast enough. The stress got to him, so he decided to take over his family business instead.

JangBi comes from a rich family. It's not like his family desperately needed an extra hand, JangBi just didn't want stream.

On July 23 2019 11:04 kidcrash wrote:
Wow I can't believe I'm just hearing about this now, I'm borderline speechless. Jangbi was always my favorite player and I was sad when he retired. By "lackluster skills" you're just talking about rusty, out of shape, post-kespa era Jangbi right?

Yes, and if I remember correctly, he recently got out of the army too. There was no way he would be anywhere near his former glory.
Aldaris was the good guy of Brood War.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
July 23 2019 10:35 GMT
#24
These are gold, keep em coming
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 23 2019 17:15 GMT
#25
That was awesome lol
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
plast1c
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany101 Posts
July 23 2019 19:24 GMT
#26
Does anybody know the name of the song in the background?
kinda right, kinda wrong
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 23 2019 20:43 GMT
#27
hahaha thanks for the subs!
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 23 2019 21:32 GMT
#28
Thanks, love these videos ^^
Moderator<:3-/-<
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1559 Posts
July 23 2019 22:27 GMT
#29
hmm i think title would have been better into "flash-lations" for flash translations

wanna change title anyone
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1472 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-24 01:37:55
July 24 2019 01:35 GMT
#30
Better title would be "Flash exegesis".
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
July 28 2019 16:38 GMT
#31
Artosis commented about this video on last ASL lol. So keep up the good work jinjin!
sunbeams are never made like me...
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 1m
Stellar Fest
8h 1m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.