• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:19
CEST 15:19
KST 22:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8915 users

SC:R Closed beta is out - Page 12

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 15:18:59
August 01 2017 15:17 GMT
#221
Has anyone here who's not a proffesional sc2 player or sc2 streaming personality gotten a closed beta invite?
I just wanna know wether theres any invites coming to the normal plebs
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 15:26:33
August 01 2017 15:24 GMT
#222
By the way, does everyone else has Remastered listed on their battle.net account? Or is it there just to let me log in a pc bang?

[image loading]

I also have a cool story, I turned on different pc that had not updated battle.net launcher and Remastered was there, I could install it and all... but I let it update and now it's gone
TL+ Member
aLt)nirvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Singapore848 Posts
August 01 2017 15:41 GMT
#223
I didn't get the email invite but my account was given access cause Singapore is tiny and you can count the number of people who used to play competitively on two hands.

If you have access you can go to https://us.battle.net/account/management/ and it will look like this.
[image loading]

It looks like the original sc until the moment you login.
After you enter userid/pass the interface will snap change into the SC:R version.

You can play vs normal brood war players, I joined a pub and the guys were beginners.. but the game still took 11mins. SC1 is a lot slower than SC2 I didn't believe it was on "fastest" speed at the start...
sc2sea.com - The SEA / ANZ community
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 16:01:34
August 01 2017 16:00 GMT
#224
I don't think it works for me, the version is 1.19.3, I go into multiplayer, log in with my bn account and it's the same as PTR used to be.

You don't have it listed in the battle.net launcher, do you?
TL+ Member
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
August 01 2017 16:10 GMT
#225
If I log in the thing saying prepurchase just changes to launches August 14th.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
August 01 2017 16:11 GMT
#226
On August 02 2017 00:24 aQuaSC wrote:
By the way, does everyone else has Remastered listed on their battle.net account? Or is it there just to let me log in a pc bang?

[image loading]

I also have a cool story, I turned on different pc that had not updated battle.net launcher and Remastered was there, I could install it and all... but I let it update and now it's gone


Yes I have it on my battle.net account, but I can't play it or anything.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ionONE
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany605 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 16:50:24
August 01 2017 16:45 GMT
#227
Same, when i click i get an empty page ;-;
I am doing something wrong?
JANGBI never forget
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
August 01 2017 16:49 GMT
#228
On August 02 2017 00:41 aLt)nirvana wrote:
I didn't get the email invite but my account was given access cause Singapore is tiny and you can count the number of people who used to play competitively on two hands.

If you have access you can go to https://us.battle.net/account/management/ and it will look like this.
[image loading]

It looks like the original sc until the moment you login.
After you enter userid/pass the interface will snap change into the SC:R version.

You can play vs normal brood war players, I joined a pub and the guys were beginners.. but the game still took 11mins. SC1 is a lot slower than SC2 I didn't believe it was on "fastest" speed at the start...

Not true. I have this since I've purchased SC:R.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
August 01 2017 16:56 GMT
#229
I got it, when I press it I see blank page. No Remaster for me same 1.19
sunbeams are never made like me...
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
August 01 2017 16:58 GMT
#230
I preordered SCR, but downloaded normal BW and I have only SCR listed on my bnet account. It seems that it's the same client that simply detects whether your account has SCR and then allows you to upgrade in the main menu? That's at least my impression having played it and watching the streams.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
petro1987
Profile Joined May 2009
Brazil374 Posts
August 01 2017 17:01 GMT
#231
It also appears in my bnet account, but when I run the 1.19, it's still the regular BW. I guess this appears to everyone that preordered... When I click in the icon tho, nothings shows (when I click on Anthology, the CDKEY and other information appears).
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 18:54:05
August 01 2017 18:52 GMT
#232
Interesting decision to give it to SCII streamers but it makes sense. They realize that all the current BW players will buy the game at launch or have already preordered it so might as well try and market it some more by giving access to SCII streamers that can put it on display to their viewers. Of course, there will always be people who talk shit about the game like the ones mentioned.

Kinda funny since I remember Nathanias trying to cast a FS game between Jaedong and ForGG (I think it was him) and talking afterwards about how he wants to learn the game so him shitting on it, well, guess things changed somewhere haha. I've only heard JimRising's name once? Some irrelevant NA/EU GM player or something. Wouldn't really be concerned what him or his small viewer base thinks. As for TB, he's stated before that he's not a fan of the game (not in those exact words but indirectly through his posts) so not a surprise either. In the end, all fans, both old and new ones will play the game if they desire and some players/casters won't change that from happening.

On August 01 2017 22:20 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2017 21:04 Dapper_Cad wrote:
... but that doesn't mean I can't sweat it. Even if that last thought was deadly serious, even if BisuDagger would ritually sacrifice his key live on stream to a heathen god to beg a destruction on remastered I'd still think;

"Cool, Blizzard have been paying attention to a few dedicated and enthusiastic fans of one of it's older titles, that's nice"

And I'm sure this reaction would be limited to hundreds of people but it's still a virtually zero cost investment on Blizzard's part and that's why I call it a "free blunder".


same feeling exactly :[

I mean, it was pretty obvious that their relationship w/ the foreign BW scene was virtually nonexistent for the last 7 years, but it sucks to have it exposed again in such an obvious way. Hopefully they start investing some effort into community relations with the Western BW scene when SC:R actually gets released.


I'm not expecting anything to change tbh. Blizzard's eyes are on Korea and on maintaining that user base because it can translate to $$$ down the road. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it any other way. BW in Korea and SCII abroad. Best case scenario for them.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
August 01 2017 18:58 GMT
#233
i think the archon look wrong, it look like a crystal ball...
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10873 Posts
August 01 2017 19:08 GMT
#234
Of course a lot of SC2 players will talk shit about BW, especially the higher up ones like Nathanias, how do you think they have made a living and a name for themselves? However, BW can be a really difficult / frustrating game for some people so it's understandable. I just wish I had access to closed beta myself, there aren't enough Protoss streams and Aiur needs me.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
CHEONSOYUN
Profile Joined August 2017
623 Posts
August 01 2017 19:20 GMT
#235
T_T open beta for pre-purchasers please Blizzard!!
JAEDONG...!!! EFFORT IS ANGRY. ZERG...?!
fish_radio
Profile Blog Joined March 2017
182 Posts
August 01 2017 19:23 GMT
#236
preorder beta or riot
Sebyul Server W.I.P.
onlystar
Profile Joined March 2015
United States971 Posts
August 01 2017 19:33 GMT
#237
trashtalking on bw? its never gonna work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you just cant talk sh*t about the mother of all rts

i mean people have tried in the past to say the graphics are not up to date ... but even that is beautiful for lovers of the scbw
and now there is scr HD so...
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-01 19:43:02
August 01 2017 19:42 GMT
#238
On August 02 2017 04:33 onlystar wrote:
you just cant talk sh*t about the mother of all rts


Let's not get carried away here, no one was talking about 1992 classic Dune II.
mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
GoDannY
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany442 Posts
August 01 2017 20:20 GMT
#239
On August 02 2017 02:01 petro1987 wrote:
It also appears in my bnet account, but when I run the 1.19, it's still the regular BW. I guess this appears to everyone that preordered... When I click in the icon tho, nothings shows (when I click on Anthology, the CDKEY and other information appears).


Same thing
Team LifeStyle - it's more than a game
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
August 01 2017 20:22 GMT
#240
On August 02 2017 04:42 207aicila wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2017 04:33 onlystar wrote:
you just cant talk sh*t about the mother of all rts


Let's not get carried away here, no one was talking about 1992 classic Dune II.

Yeah was about to say so StarCraft would not exist if Dune didn't
TL+ Member
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 41m
OSC
9h 41m
Replay Cast
9h 41m
OSC
22h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.