• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:05
CEST 22:05
KST 05:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10913 users

Transcript: Eyewater's pregame interview from ASL

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
September 14 2016 09:46 GMT
#1
I was watching the ASL finals again and decided to type this up for posterity. Minor punctuation and grammar alterations from the original. All responses taken from the English subtitles in this video. Things lost in translation were lost before I got there.



[image loading]

Background

A: When I was in 7th grade my mom and my dad got divorced. My little sister was maybe 4 years old? I felt sad every time I looked at my little sister. I thought about what I could do for her. I wanted to become an eminent person, and do what my mom couldn't do for her.


StarCraft II

A: When I started playing Starcraft II, I had a lot of fun. It was easier! I became addicted to StarCraft II, but after the season my team STX had some difficulties and many of the veteran players had to leave the team. Restructuring?


What keeps me strong

While I started my private stream my baby was born, and I became a father at a relatively young age. After my baby got a little bit bigger she started acting really cute. When she smiles, my wife and I say to each other, this is what we live for.


Origin

I cried after qualifying for the 2009 Bacchus Starleague. Others cry after becoming a champion, but I cried after qualifying. The other progamers were probably bewildered to see me cry at the preliminaries - and I completely understand - but thoughts about my family crossed my mind. My dad watches my matches every single time. I also thought about my 9 years younger little sister...

Sharp is also known as "desperate Sharp", but at that moment I was "desperate Eyewater".


On the ASL

My initial goal was just to qualify into the main tournament! I just wanted to let my fans be able to see me talk at the group selections.

Last advanced, defeating FlaSh 3-0. Honestly, he felt like a mountain too high for me to climb. He was an unbeatable opponent for me. But the result... it was an unbelievable result. I had never defeated Last 3:1 in practice! It felt so good.


Final thoughts

When my daughter grow up and asks me, what did I do when I was young? Asks me what my job was? I want to show her this Finals stage. Show her photos of myself kissing the trophy. Those are the images I want to show her. Since this is my first finals, I want to win and hold up the trophy.
TL+ Member
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
September 14 2016 10:08 GMT
#2
GG, Gratz Eyewater
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
September 14 2016 11:33 GMT
#3
My eyes are watering reading this :'(
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
September 14 2016 12:15 GMT
#4
Another lovely, pregame inteview! The magic worked really well for him this time. I believe this is not end of Eyewater. I was watching his stream lately and he was murdering top notch terrans. He's going to be seeded automatically to ro16 I belive for next ASL.
sunbeams are never made like me...
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
September 14 2016 12:55 GMT
#5
A moving story. Especially the final thoughts section makes me happy to have shuttle as the winner.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
September 15 2016 03:51 GMT
#6
you just won a new fan eyewater T,T
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 266
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
White-Ra 181
Mini 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu600
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2361
FrodaN1522
fl0m1500
RotterdaM879
olofmeister877
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes344
Livibee212
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1699
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 55m
Replay Cast
2h 55m
OSC
15h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.