• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7981 users

[SSL] Champion interview: "I'm deeply moved"

Forum Index > BW General
46 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
lemmata
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
468 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-16 01:53:18
February 16 2015 01:07 GMT
#1
[image loading]

(T)sSak: "I'm deeply moved by my first championship."

[image loading]



Terran (T)sSak claimed his first individual league championship since his debut. On February 15th, sSak edged out (T)Last---known for his masterful TvT---in dramatic fashion by a score of 3-2 at Jamsil Students' Gymnasium. He did so by sharply digging his claws into his opponent's weaknesses.

sSak never got to shine as a backup member on SK Telecom T1 during his days as a pro gamer. This victory is his greatest achievement since his official retirement.

"It feels like a dream," sSak said. "I want to double up by winning Sbenu StarLeague Season 2, which will be held in the not-too-distant future."

Q: Any thoughts on your victory?

A: It feels like a dream. I am very happy to be the winner of the first Sonic StarLeague to be broadcasted on Ongamenet.

Q: Did you have a good dream last night? Did IU appear in your dreams?

A: Perhaps it was just nerves, but I could not sleep a wink last night. There was no time to dream. I was practicing up until the moment I had to leave to come to the stadium.

Q: Last is known to be a formidable force in TvT.

A: Many people said that Last was strong at TvT, but I was confident. I knew that I would have the advantage if things progressed plainly. Prior to today's finals, I studied every TvT VOD of Last since his debut. I discovered that his play was predictable every time. I was able to win today because I targeted those predictable parts. (T/N: It is interesting that he says this. Last said the same about sSak in a pre-game interview with OGN.)

Q: How did you practice?

A: I practiced mostly with (T)Sharp ahead of the finals. He was very helpful.

Q: What was the most difficult match for you?

A: Today's matches were the toughest. I was so nervous after falling behind 1-2. Last had tailored his play to counter the strategy that I always use. (T/N: 1 factory double, the same opening build in all five games) I tried to create more variables with my vulture play and it worked.

Q: It reminded us of (T)Fantasy. Did you get any special advice from him?

A: After I advanced to the finals, I privately met with Fantasy. He didn't help me with practice, but he recommended some builds and cheered me on.

Q: What will you buy with your 20 million KRW winnings?

A: I will put half of it into savings. With the rest, I will buy some meals for the folks who helped me out. I would also like to take a trip.

Q: We heard that the next season is supposed to begin very soon. You may not be able to travel very far from home.

A: I will receive a seed, so I will have enough time to enjoy myself. I want to travel within Korea.

Q: What is the greatest obstacle that stands in the way of you becoming a consecutive champion of Sbenu StarLeague?

A: I think that I would be worried if (P)Bisu were to participate next season. He still shows great form when he plays on his personal stream. I don't know if he will participate though.

Q: Any closing words?

A: This is the first time that my parents were able to enjoy the finals live since my pro gamer days. I was not able to do anything for my girlfriend for over a month. Since I will now have a short respite, I will try to become a good boyfriend to her again. I want to tell my parents and girlfriend that I love them.



T/N=translator note
Credits: Source // Nam Yun-seong of Daily eSports
SSL banner: DiMiaN
Facebook Twitter Reddit
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19392 Posts
February 16 2015 01:11 GMT
#2
I didn't know sharp was still active! Very cool. Also the bisu shout out is nice.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-16 01:13:47
February 16 2015 01:13 GMT
#3
Thanks lemmata! Pretty good interview. The next starleague starting soon? I didn't realize that was the case. sSak played his heart out (like Last) and just played better all around. From the games, it seems that the major thing that he did well was attack Last whenever he moved out with small vulture squads and that played a big role in his wins (eco leads etc...).
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-16 01:16:10
February 16 2015 01:14 GMT
#4
Shared this on reddit: http://redd.it/2w10x2

"After I advanced to the finals, I privately met with Fantasy. He didn't help me with practice, but he recommended some builds and cheered me on."

Fantasy :O

Bisu still not confirmed, but SSL11 is happening soon it seems.
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
February 16 2015 01:18 GMT
#5
On February 16 2015 10:13 BigFan wrote:
Thanks lemmata! Pretty good interview. The next starleague starting soon? I didn't realize that was the case. sSak played his heart out (like Last) and just played better all around. From the games, it seems that the major thing that he did well was attack Last whenever he moved out with small vulture squads and that played a big role in his wins (eco leads etc...).

Well with EffOrt and JangBi already confirmed, we do want to restore the tradition of 3 OSLs a year, right?
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
February 16 2015 01:26 GMT
#6
Thanks, lemmata

So cool of Fantasy to help out a former teammate. I had no idea sSak used the same opening build order in all five, reliable and effective

I'm sure we'll see many great pictures soon, here's just a handful:
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Source 1 // Source 2
Liquipedia
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-16 01:44:25
February 16 2015 01:43 GMT
#7
[image loading]
Sbenu Starleague #3 most searched term for all of February 15, #1 at 8pm; IU at #4 at 8am


"Candy Candy You're My Candy" on the big screen

[image loading]
Bisu: I'm here cheering on my teammate sSak

[image loading]
Sonic: Heading straight to Sbenu Starleague 2 (SSL 11)

(Headlines from Google translate, if any of our Korean experts wouldn't mind confirming )
Liquipedia
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
February 16 2015 03:06 GMT
#8
On February 16 2015 10:13 BigFan wrote:
he moved out with small vulture squads and that played a big role in his wins (eco leads etc...).


fantasy-esque

HerbMon
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States472 Posts
February 16 2015 04:03 GMT
#9
BROODWAR FIGHTING!!!!!!
How we will win in the period ahead.
Adept
Profile Joined December 2009
United States472 Posts
February 16 2015 05:03 GMT
#10
It was a really fun finals to watch, especially to see it live, great job sSak :D
"HSC casting is essentially an LR thread read aloud." -ThomasjServo
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
February 16 2015 06:32 GMT
#11
bisu next ssl plsplsplsplsplsplsplspls
Nek
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia59 Posts
February 16 2015 07:25 GMT
#12
Bring on SSL11!

So glad to see such big audiences for this season.
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
February 16 2015 08:04 GMT
#13
Congratulations sSak!
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
Crimson)S(hadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Philippines971 Posts
February 16 2015 08:10 GMT
#14
was that lovetv interviewing ssak at the end?
"It's the end of the BW era which i devoted everything to for 10 years. I tried playing sc2, but my BW memories run too deep; I felt like I was playing an entirely different game" -ToSsGirL
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
February 16 2015 09:04 GMT
#15
Nice interview
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9564 Posts
February 16 2015 10:12 GMT
#16
I love to see them spending so much time on practicing in this SSL, it means they really care about achieving great results. Can't wait for the next season of SSL, I'm pretty sure the practicing will get even more important, increasing the quality of games for us viewers .

STYLE SBENU START!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
February 16 2015 13:56 GMT
#17
Congratulations again to the winner!

Here's to next SSL

purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
February 16 2015 14:32 GMT
#18
Woo, xD Ssak!

Heh Fantasy ><
T P Z sagi
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
February 16 2015 17:08 GMT
#19
Nice. I wonder how many people were in the audience! Does someone have numbers?
Total Annihilation Zero
friendbg
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria576 Posts
February 16 2015 17:50 GMT
#20
i'm so glad to see BW reviving
Why leave today's work for tomorrow, when you can do it the day after
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 568
ProTech155
UpATreeSC 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20368
Calm 3631
Mini 405
Mind 77
Free 68
910 65
soO 33
Trap 31
Aegong 25
Dota 2
Gorgc6933
XaKoH 308
canceldota63
Counter-Strike
fl0m5892
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3307
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt547
Liquid`Hasu266
Livibee220
Khaldor195
C9.Mang0148
Trikslyr124
RotterdaM104
IndyStarCraft 74
QueenE73
ZombieGrub29
BRAT_OK 21
MindelVK10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV282
League of Legends
• Nemesis2278
Other Games
• Shiphtur754
• imaqtpie724
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.