• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8979 users

Brood War B-day - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
December 12 2006 03:06 GMT
#61
I've been playing from 1.00
Although multiplayer at the local lans only after Brood War came out(At that time Warcraft 2 was the shit... there were even tons of arguing which of the two is better, just as Half-Life vs Quake 2... the good old times).
I'll call Nada.
fig_newbie
Profile Joined March 2006
749 Posts
December 12 2006 03:32 GMT
#62
On December 12 2006 11:35 Dknight wrote:
Kali!


You're Kali? I hate you.
k?
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
December 12 2006 03:32 GMT
#63
Replay Generation in the summer of 2000 I started playing Fastest. If I would of started playing Limited $$ I would of turned out to be sooo much better!!

I regret starting with fastest so much, I switched to limited once I learned that there was $$ in it and more strategy in limited than in fastest.

Looking back I relieze playing 6 years of BW has not lost its fun. Which is why it still one of the best games ever!!
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
December 12 2006 03:35 GMT
#64
AHAHA I pwn you all!
I started playing this year! MUHAHA

ahem. yeah... I find SC:BW so awesomely fascinating... and addictive.
Official Entusman #21
sctv
Profile Joined April 2006
56 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 04:01:04
December 12 2006 03:57 GMT
#65
a friend showed me SC because I was always talking about my "C&C Lan" playing, It was to fast for me as I tried to play it vs comps ...... and I forgot all about it all because the only computers I had was an Amiga, Atari ST and a C64 .

A few years later a different friend bought a new PC+ modem BW V.1.6 and started playing Online, that was the 1st time I ever saw someone playing Online and i liked the Idea so I went to the same store the next day and bought the same package deal PC, Provider Modem & games and was online on B.net within 3 day loosing to dt's rush in 3on3 hunters as a Terran because I didn't know what dt's were or knew what a scan or turrets were good for.

I didn't start playing the missions or vs Comps till I swapped Providers and was offline V.1.9
Bub
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States3518 Posts
December 12 2006 04:14 GMT
#66
Right on, I first tried SC when Crono~Lizard, a personal friend of mine introduced me to it back in fall '98. then Brood War I believe between early '99 and late '00. Been playing on and off since then.. nothing very hardcore though.
XK ßubonic
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
December 12 2006 04:32 GMT
#67
On December 12 2006 11:13 Xeris wrote:
I've been playing since I was 10 years old ... 19 now. Been playing bnet since I was 11. Started low money , temple and shit when I was 11 and a half.


$playaz$ fighting!
Happiness only real when shared.
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
December 12 2006 04:36 GMT
#68
On December 12 2006 13:32 Teroru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2006 11:13 Xeris wrote:
I've been playing since I was 10 years old ... 19 now. Been playing bnet since I was 11. Started low money , temple and shit when I was 11 and a half.


$playaz$ fighting!


hahahah i remember being like 13 and wanting to join $playaz$ so bad =x. @ss@ssins were my favorite back in the day tho ;p
Only communists disconnect.
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
December 12 2006 04:52 GMT
#69
I got it in 2000
but i only started playing maps other than fastest in this year because before then i was in 2nd-7th grade and i played fastest
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
December 12 2006 05:03 GMT
#70
i started around 2000, but stopped playing due to no internet; and got back again in 2003
Teamliquidian townie
MaNNeRDex
Profile Joined December 2006
United States169 Posts
December 12 2006 05:17 GMT
#71
Wow, I'm suprised I'm one of those few that lived through the hard ass beating of joining Starcraft in 2006. =P
Remember when you see a man at the top of a mountain that he did not fall there.
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
December 12 2006 05:20 GMT
#72
98 baby^_^
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
azndsh
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4447 Posts
December 12 2006 05:25 GMT
#73
Just over a year after its release. December '99. Holy crap that's a long time... I think it was already at 1.07 when I first tried bnet though
Musli
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Poland5130 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 05:26:10
December 12 2006 05:25 GMT
#74
2001 A guy joined to my class and showed me and 2 other friends sc on lan, then we got into internet cafe and started playing on bnet, NetCraft mostly(best polish server ever!).
1.07 was then, shortly after it 1.08 leaked and replays era started ;-)
personally, i think i played my best at 1.08b

so long ago, but i still like this game and enjoy playing it, i got to know many people and i dont think it was a wasted time
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall || mail/msn: muslii@gmail.com
TS-Rupbar
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Sweden1089 Posts
December 12 2006 05:27 GMT
#75
Played single player and LAN with friends since it came out, but online since 3-4 years ago. Replay generation, I guess
NeO)PhOeNiX
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada250 Posts
December 12 2006 05:51 GMT
#76
1.10
SC1: B_Saint[LighT]
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
December 12 2006 05:53 GMT
#77
1.11f
greatmeh
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1964 Posts
December 12 2006 05:59 GMT
#78
starting playing ZC in 2000 once or twice a year lolz...
then I got hooked on diablo 2 for a while then war3... then in 2003 my friend introduced me to low money style BW, and I've been hooked ever since :O
took like a 4 month break though
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
December 12 2006 06:08 GMT
#79
Got the game, started on BNet, and started on non-money maps all in the first few months of 2002, just before the CompUSA patch (1.09). I owe it to my friends in high school who steered me onto non-money maps within a couple of months.

So I've been playing SC for 5 years now, and boy do I feel old . I can't even imagine what it must be like for real old school players.

I remember one day that year in June I had such a strong desire to improve that I started playing on WGTour and refused to stop playing until I won a game. I lost 11 straight before I finally ran into a poor Terran who was worse than me and beat him in under 5 minutes.

Then later that year Bilperli had been playing a lot and then one day he beat me 2-0 or 3-0 or something and I was all like "OMG WTF how can I lose to him I'm better than him damnit!!"

I remember when that replay was released with Yellow and 3 other pros on LT, and they started sending their drones all over the map. At first I thought it was just a bugged replay, then a few days later I found out it was actually a new flying drone bug.

Then Blizzard released 1.10 on April 1st and everyone hated it, hoping it was an April Fools joke and demanding a 1.10b. Most notably, it was the first patch to break replay compatibility. IIRC it didn't fix some other bugs like the flying HT/DT bug, and it caused some other problem for Zerg players too that I don't really remember because I never played Zerg back then .

Ah, the memories...
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
December 12 2006 06:16 GMT
#80
I bought both starcraft and broodwar the month they came out... but I was only playing campaign / some 2v2 bloodbath with my friend, and was deathly afraid of going near that "ladder" button TT_TT

I stopped playing after a few months... then picked it up again in december 2005 (lol 7 years?) since I started playing 1v1's with my korean friend.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft495
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 57
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1338
Hyuk 50
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox588
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 483
C9.Mang0318
Sick83
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick733
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo730
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 38m
Online Event
7h 38m
FEL
12h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.