• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9660 users

Brood War B-day - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 12 2006 06:16 GMT
#81
Prerep
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 06:21:46
December 12 2006 06:21 GMT
#82
started playing 2002 at a camp, i bought the game late 2002 and played offline until probbaly march of 2003. then i got 56K "yay" and i started playing ums/fastest till spring 2004 when i started playing 1v1

long live the greatest game ever made
I'm like, the coolest
dyodyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Philippines578 Posts
December 12 2006 06:27 GMT
#83
I started playing sc since 1.00... using a top-of-the-line pentium-I 100mhz+8mb ram+1 mb video!
SC even prompted me that i needed to have at least 16mb ram for it to be playable... but still.. i cant help it!

happy bday sc!
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #26
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 06:31:35
December 12 2006 06:31 GMT
#84
I bought the game right when it came out, but didn't touch bnet until november 98 and since then I'm addicted
GoBOXERgogo
Profile Joined June 2006
664 Posts
December 12 2006 06:38 GMT
#85
Bought it in 2000 after seeing a friend play. FASTEST POSSIBLE MAP FTW
TiQ.SinGi
Profile Joined December 2004
Norway386 Posts
December 12 2006 08:00 GMT
#86
probably around 2000 ~~ One of my mates got me into it ^^ Was before we had a good internet connection at home so we went to a local pc cafe :-D Which is closed down down because evryone have computers at home :-( Miss it ~~ Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY BW
“Approved attributes and their relation to face make every man his own jailer; this is a fundamental social constraint even though each man may like his cell.” -Goffman
-Carlodajin-
Profile Joined October 2006
Peru235 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 09:36:48
December 12 2006 09:30 GMT
#87
I started playing in the best moment of PGT...
So wonderful times T_T...
Now I had to be happy with WcgZone...wich is awesome but doesnt compare to PGT...
My Top Five 1)SlayerS_`BoxeR`-Legend Of South Korea- 2)AnyTime[gm]-Passion Of South Korea- 3)JulyZerg-Sense Of South Korea- 4)iloveoov-Winner Of WCG 2006- 5)XellOs[yG]-I Love XellOs Style-
Alborz
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Canada1551 Posts
December 12 2006 10:04 GMT
#88
this year.
GaG[SharKy]
Profile Joined November 2006
New Zealand221 Posts
December 12 2006 10:19 GMT
#89
ah the good old days of playin bw, i think i started in 1999, 2000 since then been playin on and off alot. i remember the good old days of playing bw instead of studying for school exams.. ah the joys! lots of ums, and then slowly moved into melee... i beleive the first map i practised on was BGH haha.. but that can still be fun sometimes, more 3:3
CrownRoyal
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Vatican City State1872 Posts
December 12 2006 10:36 GMT
#90
Christmas '00

prerep.
You're pretty when I'm drunk.
Wasabi
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States3085 Posts
December 12 2006 10:39 GMT
#91
--- Nuked ---
Lt(1st).Fukai
Profile Joined December 2006
China17 Posts
December 12 2006 11:09 GMT
#92
I begin to play sc with its original version(1.0?)prior to the coming out of BW in 1998.At that time I am just a primary school student.When I played it at first time I was thoroughly attracted by its brand new style of playing which is completely different and fresh from Red Alert.And then i introduced it to all of my classmates and friends,they also have crush on SC like me.We are very addicted to this game during our spare time.HUNTER is our favourite map at that period.I am really appreciated to Blizzard due to their great and wonderful work.
All creatures hitherto have created something that beyond themselves
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
December 12 2006 12:01 GMT
#93
A bit over 2 years ago i started bw :D
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 12:19:20
December 12 2006 12:19 GMT
#94
[image loading]


There added. Unless anyone can come up with another I will leave my humble photoshop lameness up.
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
inc
Profile Joined June 2003
Sweden889 Posts
December 12 2006 12:31 GMT
#95
i think i started at 1.04 :o
i savour every bit of the numerous gifts life is offering me, having no worries, goals or regrets, constantly trading time for pleasure
Dexxus
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States329 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 15:00:33
December 12 2006 14:41 GMT
#96
Pre-reps with a 1.05 disk. SC consumed the ENTIRE summer when I bought it.
I need a signature so I'm using this one.
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
December 12 2006 15:54 GMT
#97
I started playing in 2000 (patch 1.07 I think), so I'm pre-replay. However, from 2001 to 2002 I only played vs my friends on a LAN one of them had set up at his place. We only used regular blizzard maps. 2001 to 2003 I quit the game, but when I came back I started playing on bnet. Since 2003 I've been playing regularly, except two roughly 3 month breaks.

What a great game!
Stormich
Profile Joined August 2003
Croatia336 Posts
December 12 2006 19:50 GMT
#98
started playing with patch 1.08b
hi
to miss the mark
Profile Joined November 2005
Bosnia-Herzegovina1381 Posts
December 12 2006 19:52 GMT
#99
I started playing in late 1999, and all I did was play UMS and Fastest/SD Money.

I wonder how many games I've palyed overall in my gaming career. I bet that number is astounding.
Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.
forGanar
Profile Joined May 2006
Philippines29 Posts
December 12 2006 20:26 GMT
#100
started playing the year it came thx to some elementary school friends. 1hr++ games until everyone gets bored and just f10-E hahaha!!!! and i never won vs "150-spawnpool-patch" zerg comp until broodwar came out. I can still remember those awesome bugs where u can turn anything to a mutalisk!!!! hahahaha!!! 1212shift+H+L!!!! haha!!
ya
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 190
Dewaltoss 106
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 781
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5423
Khaldor881
Liquid`Hasu701
Other Games
summit1g7589
FrodaN2536
shahzam427
KnowMe402
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC120
ArmadaUGS107
Trikslyr50
ZombieGrub40
PPMD35
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV268
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH370
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21217
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur238
Upcoming Events
OSC
35m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 35m
Online Event
13h 35m
FEL
18h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.