• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:56
CEST 10:56
KST 17:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9821 users

Brood War B-day - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
December 11 2006 18:07 GMT
#21
I got it the first year it came out. I was still learning WCII when my bro brought home SC, and I stayed up all night watching him play the campaign. I recall him taking like 3 attempts at that "survive for 30 minutes" map. I took forever on the campaign myself, with trouble on Ep1 last mission. I spent so much time trying to beat that, but I never could. But I was like... 10 at the time, and it was the first PC game I really played.
Moonlight Shadow
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
December 11 2006 18:22 GMT
#22
I gave my friend Warcraft II so we could play modem games back in 97, and about 6 months later he gave me this wonderful game called Starcraft to try and said it was better than War 2.

Been playing ever since.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
December 11 2006 18:39 GMT
#23
Things like these make me cry and I regret that I never reached gosu level after some many years-hours playing this game. Hmmm I think I can say I am the best BW playet of my 20000ppl town though...
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
December 11 2006 19:20 GMT
#24
replay gen
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
December 11 2006 19:24 GMT
#25
I'm new school bitch. Replay gen.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
December 11 2006 19:31 GMT
#26
I think I bought it around 1998~1999 and started playing online in 2001
I remember buying it in a box that had warcraft2, diablo 1, sc and bw. At first I only played sc and bw offline because I didnt have internet yet, then played diablo on line for a month or two before getting down to the real work, hell yeah. Its been my main game ever since <3 (even though I only started getting into decent melee since 3 years ago)
Graphics
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-11 19:36:12
December 11 2006 19:35 GMT
#27
Oldschool shareware version. Could only play TvT and on this "Byways" 2 player map. And you could slide your CC close to mineral immediately :/
日本語が分かりますか
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
December 11 2006 20:21 GMT
#28
bought the game a couple of months after it came out.
the box looked so cool, and it had gotten good reviews in various game magazines.
at the time i couldnt play online though, so it was only a couple of years later i really got into it (multiplayer).
i dont really play anymore now though =/
SixSongs
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Poland1455 Posts
December 11 2006 20:31 GMT
#29
I rember when pool costed 150 such good times
The Prince of DroneS
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
December 11 2006 20:36 GMT
#30
On December 12 2006 05:31 SixSongs wrote:
I rember when pool costed 150 such good times



Such good times when I never played 1v1 because of PvZ -_-
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-11 21:48:52
December 11 2006 21:47 GMT
#31
I started out in 3rd grade, now i'm in 11th, so about 8 years ago...Holy shit, I'm 16, i've been playing starcraft for half of my life! that would be 1998. Old school generation. My friend had a full install M.O.D of it from gundam wars or something. I was obsessed with it. I would FFA it out on BGH for hours Then I eventually got it for christmas and i was extatic. I quickly rushed online to play these 3v3 games and I had no idea how to type or ally someone. My first game, everyone was saying "ally him now" but i had no idea how to talk. I would slam every key on my keyboard and nothing would allow me to type... so i quit the game and asked in the public channel and i joined my 2nd game. Took me days to memorize how to ally someone. lol...

It's been about 7 years since i bought it, and 8 years since i started playing. Been about 3.5 years since i've been playing competitievly.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
mR.Sephiroth
Profile Joined April 2005
Germany296 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-11 23:04:25
December 11 2006 23:02 GMT
#32
I'm 15 and i started earlier than you

first game was the campaigne,first game on battlenet was on 2001 on shared base and i won with nearly 60 apm haha
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
December 11 2006 23:13 GMT
#33
On December 12 2006 05:31 SixSongs wrote:
I rember when pool costed 150 such good times


4 pools on Hunters and Blood Bath were so hard to stop -___-
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
December 11 2006 23:18 GMT
#34
Prereplay, then went off to play CS, then came back. (More like dragged back and was told who my daddy is.) =DD
Do your best, God will do the rest.
fanta[Rn]
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Japan2465 Posts
December 11 2006 23:19 GMT
#35
On December 12 2006 01:47 Carnac wrote:
I also still remember playing with that leaked patch, which introduced replays


that was awesome =)
I remember that for some odd reason my starting channel was always deu-x, i didn't even know there's an aut-1 channel for more than a year.
Tonkerchen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
680 Posts
December 11 2006 23:20 GMT
#36
8 Years and still the best game worldwide. GG NO RE
The time is just an illusion... created by mankind... /// Lee Young Ho last Bonjwa on earth! /// «I'll... destroy everyone in 2009. Ok...? Thank you.» - Ma Jae Yoon - Maestro Of Zerg
Sun
Profile Joined March 2006
United States551 Posts
December 11 2006 23:32 GMT
#37
beta, Damn I'm old.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
December 11 2006 23:49 GMT
#38
--- Nuked ---
ocoini
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
648 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-12-12 00:02:08
December 11 2006 23:57 GMT
#39
Bought it the month it came out - stopped playing warcraft 1 and 2/monkey island games - Had to wait a few months for internet though, but the singleplayer was... is... godly. Hail Starcraft

ps.. have had long breaks from the game though, but no-other game comes near to giveing this much back to the player.

Recently took a look at some of the in-game cinematics from the game, they still look crisp
Street Vendor Crack Down Princess-Cop!
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
December 11 2006 23:59 GMT
#40
Pre-Replay, but not old school =]
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 942
Larva 628
ggaemo 617
Mind 575
Stork 319
Leta 177
PianO 138
Killer 43
Hyuk 28
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 20
Bisu 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 393
Reynor99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1148
Other Games
summit1g10369
C9.Mang0240
Sick208
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick545
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Stunt1316
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 4m
Online Event
2h 4m
FEL
7h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.