• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6714 users

BW General Discussion - Page 94

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 522 Next
castleeMg
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
Canada791 Posts
January 01 2015 18:47 GMT
#1861
cool post jelly :D, do you know if they'll lock your account from playing ladder games if you dip below 1?
AKA: castle[eMg]@USEast/ iCCup
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 01 2015 18:55 GMT
#1862
^^Thanks, fearthequeen.

(Wiki)Fish Server updated to reflect these changes

Looks like Fish is weeding out the weakest players. It will be interesting to see how many players manage to get to the S-ranking
Liquipedia
fearthequeen
Profile Joined November 2011
United States788 Posts
January 01 2015 19:06 GMT
#1863
On January 02 2015 03:47 castleeMg wrote:
cool post jelly :D, do you know if they'll lock your account from playing ladder games if you dip below 1?


"Additionally, the the new Rating floor is now 500 rather than 150, meaning once your drop below 500 points you will have to buy a ladder reset with your fish points to restart at 1000 points."

That's what I meant by this, you will get ladder locked once you go below 500.
NAKR`flying
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-01 20:39:10
January 01 2015 20:38 GMT
#1864
To add on to what fearthequeen wrote and maybe provide a little more information:

I'm not Korean and my Korean language abilities are pretty garbage so I almost definitely misunderstood some of the finer details with their ladder changes when I was mentioning it this morning but I think I have it now . Here is the news post on the fish website where the details are outlined: https://www.fishbattle.net/notice/16928493#0 so maybe someone else can clarify whats up.

Few things: Looks like as mentioned they require 30 melee wins (not just games but actual wins) but they also upped the amount of time you had to be on the server from 24 hours to 48 hours.

It also turns out that playing a ladder game will also alter your melee stats. and as fearthequeen said you need to stay above 30 Melee wins to be able to play ladder games. Basically, if you win a game you earn 1 melee and if you are defeated you lose 1 melee win. However If you are playing against higher or lower ranked players though then the amount of wins you gain or lose is changed as follows:

1 Rank Difference where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +1 win and loser gets -1 win
1 Rank Difference where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +2 wins and the loser gets -3 wins.
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +0 wins and the loser gets -2 wins
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +3 wins and the loser gets -4 wins

Clarifying the ladder streaks a little more:
You'll now get bonuses or additional penalties for going on win or loss streaks as follows:
1 win/loss: nothing special
2 wins/losses: You get 1 extra melee win and 10 ladder points for a win. You lose 1 extra melee win and 10 points for a loss.
3 wins/losses: You get 2 extra melee wins and 15 ladder points for a win. You lose 2 extra melee wins and -13 points for a loss
4 wins/losses: You get 3 extra melee wins and 20 points for a win. You lose 3 extra melee wins and -13 for a loss.
5 wins/losses: You get 5 extra melee wins and 30 points for a win. You lose 4 extra melee wins and -20 points for a loss.
The win streak bonuses stop getting increased after 5 but loss streaks continue like this:
6 losses: You lose 5 extra melee wins and -30 points for a loss.
7 losses: -6 melee wins and -40 points.
8 losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points
9+ losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points.

Things are slightly different for their 2v2 ladder but I figure not many people play that so I'm not going to bother translating it for now. If anyone is curious I'll give it a go.

Once again, I'm pretty sure my understanding is correct but i'm basically using educated guesses so meh lol :D

ZeroChrome
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1001 Posts
January 02 2015 10:34 GMT
#1865
On January 02 2015 05:38 SnowFantasy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
To add on to what fearthequeen wrote and maybe provide a little more information:

I'm not Korean and my Korean language abilities are pretty garbage so I almost definitely misunderstood some of the finer details with their ladder changes when I was mentioning it this morning but I think I have it now . Here is the news post on the fish website where the details are outlined: https://www.fishbattle.net/notice/16928493#0 so maybe someone else can clarify whats up.

Few things: Looks like as mentioned they require 30 melee wins (not just games but actual wins) but they also upped the amount of time you had to be on the server from 24 hours to 48 hours.

It also turns out that playing a ladder game will also alter your melee stats. and as fearthequeen said you need to stay above 30 Melee wins to be able to play ladder games. Basically, if you win a game you earn 1 melee and if you are defeated you lose 1 melee win. However If you are playing against higher or lower ranked players though then the amount of wins you gain or lose is changed as follows:

1 Rank Difference where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +1 win and loser gets -1 win
1 Rank Difference where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +2 wins and the loser gets -3 wins.
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +0 wins and the loser gets -2 wins
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +3 wins and the loser gets -4 wins

Clarifying the ladder streaks a little more:
You'll now get bonuses or additional penalties for going on win or loss streaks as follows:
1 win/loss: nothing special
2 wins/losses: You get 1 extra melee win and 10 ladder points for a win. You lose 1 extra melee win and 10 points for a loss.
3 wins/losses: You get 2 extra melee wins and 15 ladder points for a win. You lose 2 extra melee wins and -13 points for a loss
4 wins/losses: You get 3 extra melee wins and 20 points for a win. You lose 3 extra melee wins and -13 for a loss.
5 wins/losses: You get 5 extra melee wins and 30 points for a win. You lose 4 extra melee wins and -20 points for a loss.
The win streak bonuses stop getting increased after 5 but loss streaks continue like this:
6 losses: You lose 5 extra melee wins and -30 points for a loss.
7 losses: -6 melee wins and -40 points.
8 losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points
9+ losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points.

Things are slightly different for their 2v2 ladder but I figure not many people play that so I'm not going to bother translating it for now. If anyone is curious I'll give it a go.

Once again, I'm pretty sure my understanding is correct but i'm basically using educated guesses so meh lol :D



I read the original post and I'm pretty sure everything in this post is correct, though I'm not great at Korean either. Only part I didn't understand was this:

F 1 ~ 1299

E 1300 ~ 1899

D 1900 ~ 2599

C 2600 ~ 3099

B 3100 ~ 3799

A 3800 이상 유저중 상위 5%

S 3800 이상 유저중 상위 1%

Does this mean that if, say, the top 6% of users were all above 3800 that those outside the top 5% would remain at B rank?
Forward
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-03 20:47:44
January 02 2015 11:47 GMT
#1866
Yeah it's really weird and not very clear. It's either "a rating of 3800 and a top 5% placement" for A or "a rating of 3800 or a top 5% placement" right? The current user "Sontal" is 2700 and ranked first but he is ranked C. This leads me to believe you need to be 3800 and the top 5% of the ladder.

So for your example those outside the top 5% would remain B.
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
January 02 2015 15:07 GMT
#1867
On December 24 2014 21:13 moktira wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2014 13:23 Imbajoe wrote:
Does anyone know where I may find English subtitled episode 9 of "Hyungjoon Becomes a Progamer"? The video for this episode on youtube channel nevake is blocked in my country, the torrent linked here has no seeders, and my quick googlefu couldn't find anything. Please help, I want to finish the rest of the series >_<

BTW I didn't want to bump the 2 year old thread, I hope it is okay to Post this here

It's blocked in most countries because of a song in it, I've submitted a copyright dispute so it's watchable temporarily anyway:

aaaaa memories
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 02 2015 18:37 GMT
#1868
On January 02 2015 20:47 SnowFantasy wrote:
Yeah it's really weird and not very clear. It's either "a rating of 3800 and a top 5% placement" for A or "a rating of 3800 or a top 5% placement" right? The current user "Sontal" is 2700 and ranked first but he is ranked C. This leads me to believe you need to be 3800 and the top 5% of the ladder.

So for your example those outside the top 35% would remain B.

Thanks for clarifying this -- the "and" does seem to make more sense here
Liquipedia
fearthequeen
Profile Joined November 2011
United States788 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-03 09:12:27
January 03 2015 09:11 GMT
#1869
Fish keeps tweaking the system, I think the only thing that changed is the Rank Brackets. They added F- for <800 points and the ranges have changed for the higher ranks as well. I'm Just gonna remove my other post because I don't really want anything inacurrate and Arcania posted more complete info as well.
NAKR`flying
sickkungen
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden179 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-03 16:59:28
January 03 2015 16:26 GMT
#1870
Anyone know if I need to get a new version of mca64 to get the new wlauncher? I get banned every game and I don't know if it's because of the launcher or the fact that I'm not korean(lag?)..

I think it's the launcher because I never got banned before. I have no idea what's going on because I could play just fine about 12 hours ago.
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
January 03 2015 17:02 GMT
#1871
On January 04 2015 01:26 sickkungen wrote:
Anyone know if I need to get a new version of mca64 to get the new wlauncher? I get banned every game and I don't know if it's because of the launcher or the fact that I'm not korean(lag?)..

I think it's the launcher because I never got banned before. I have no idea what's going on because I could play just fine about 12 hours ago.

No one knows what version of wLauncher you have, only wDetector, and wDetector did not receive any updates recently.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
sickkungen
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden179 Posts
January 03 2015 17:26 GMT
#1872
I even downloaded a new version from the korean wlauncher site directly and it didn't work. I guess there is a problem on my end then.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-05 16:40:25
January 05 2015 16:40 GMT
#1873
New fish ladder rank system:
F- 1 ~ 800
F 801 ~ 1199
E 1200 ~ 1799
D 1800 ~ 2699
C 2700 ~ 3199
B 3200 ~ 3699
A 3700+ and top 5% of the players
S 3700+ and top 1% of the players
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
January 05 2015 17:52 GMT
#1874
wah again?
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-05 17:56:22
January 05 2015 17:54 GMT
#1875
Yea they changed the system Jan 1st and then changed it again on the 3rd. Unranked players are also apparently starting at F- and then after they play a game they get the appropriate rank. (Probably F in all cases unless you start at 800 points instead of 1000 now. I haven't laddered on fish this season yet).
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 05 2015 21:35 GMT
#1876
^^Thanks, SnowFantasy, (Wiki)Fish Server updated
Liquipedia
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 06 2015 04:35 GMT
#1877
Bisu #1 elo again. Yes!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10867 Posts
January 07 2015 08:31 GMT
#1878
I would just like to state that in Jaehoon's Liquipedia information , that it should be added that he is in [NeOx] now, if someone could update that.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 07 2015 08:43 GMT
#1879
On January 07 2015 17:31 GGzerG wrote:
I would just like to state that in Jaehoon's Liquipedia information , that it should be added that he is in [NeOx] now, if someone could update that.

Would you mind adding it, wherever in the text you think it might fits best?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Jaehoon

Everyone with a TL forums account has access to Liquipedia. Just hit "Edit" at the top. We love contributors
Liquipedia
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
January 07 2015 08:54 GMT
#1880
On January 07 2015 17:31 GGzerG wrote:
I would just like to state that in Jaehoon's Liquipedia information , that it should be added that he is in [NeOx] now, if someone could update that.


[image loading]
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 108
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister1021
Happy339
Sick199
crisheroes180
KnowMe106
Pyrionflax96
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt438
Other Games
• WagamamaTV111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h
Monday Night Weeklies
7h
Replay Cast
14h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.