• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:47
CEST 18:47
KST 01:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7853 users

[tving OSL Ro4] Jangbi vs Zero Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 10 2012 14:21 GMT
#1
I'm a sucker for sentimental interviews. pretty rough English so if anyone wants to correct stuff go ahead :D




Q: How does it feel to make it to the finals two seasons in a row?
▶ It was a match that was just as difficult as last year's finals. Luck really was on my side, especially in the 4th Set where I managed to pull off a ridiculous come back. I rushed in thinking that I'll just focus on that one moment and fight, and I won. That's how I knew I would absolutely win 5th Set.

Q: You were really touched by all of this. We saw you crying.
▶ Winning is winning, but when I came out of the booth, the noise from fans cheering were really something. I cried because of their cheers. Last season's finals were also quite extreme, but this match was on it's level.

Q: What were you thinking as you went into the 4th Set behind 1:2?
▶ I was really angry after losing the 3rd set. I knew what my opponent was going to do and I still couldn't stop it. I was so angry that I didn't leave the booth and I just prepared myself mentally.

Q: You were also quite behind on the 5th Set.
▶ Someone who was observing may have thought that the Zerg was ahead. I was quite flustered too when the Hydralisks were attacking the cannon lines. Hydras are quite imbalanced ("cheating") [laugh]. When I mustered up the one shot army, I wanted to end it right there but Zero built so much sunkens that I thought it'd be okay if I just went into a macro game. But it's true that you have to try end it before then. I really wanted to just break through but the defensive lines was really thick so I turned towards a macro game with harassment. I was lacking minerals because I made a lot of cannons at the beginning of the game. But the zerg had as many expansions as I thought they would even without having to scout. So I didn't even think that I would lose.

Q: You are getting a lot of attention as the final Protoss.
▶ If it was before, I'd have been quite burdened by it but my mind and mentality has improved quite a bit so I've been able to enjoy the attention. I think this is the main thing that is helping me grow.

Q: How did you prepare for the RO4?
▶ There wasn't anything that went wrong during practice. I went with psychological warfare in 1st, 2nd, and the 3rd set, so my opponent must have been thinking a lot. I did One Gateway, 2 Gateway, and then a double Nexus, so I think Zero may have started overthinking.

Q: Who do you want as your opponent in the finals?
▶ There's a lot of responsibility since it's the final Starleague. I think it'll be a fun match no matter which player makes it. If I feel burdened I'll just lose in the finals so I'm planning on enjoying the matches by reducing the burden. They're both the strongest Terrans so it doesn't matter who comes up, but since I beat Fantasy during last season's finals, I think it'd be better if Flash makes it to the finals. I think I'll be able to shine more brilliantly if I manage to beat Flash in the finals, since he has been consistently good.

Q: Kim Carrier requested that you launch Carriers.
▶ There were maps where you would be able to use Carriers, but nowadays there's only flat generic maps, so I personally don't want to use them, but I'll have to see after practicing. But since Commentator Kim Carrier is asking me, shouldn't I be using it at least once? Last finals had a map where Carriers were quite good so I've used it once.

Q: When are you going to start preparing for the finals?
▶ I don't think there's any time. It's not like I'm able to practice just StarCraft 1 since I have to practice StarCraft 2. You lose all your matches after playing StarCraft 2 after playing StarCraft 1. Although I'm at the Starleague finals, I have to play StarCraft 2 for the future.

Q: This Starleague is the last one for StarCraft 1.
▶ If I had to make a metaphor... it feels like I'm breaking up with a girlfriend? It's really disappointing and sad that a game that I liked so much is leaving. Even when StarCraft 1 ends, I'll be going to PC Bangs every now and then to play StarCraft 1. StarCraft 1 is really the best game. I've been realizing once again how difficult StarCraft 1 was as I play StarCraft 2. It's an honor to be participating in the last StarCraft 1 Starleague. I'll continue this honor and win the finals and enjoy this honor a bit more.

Q: What does the Starleague mean to you?
▶ After I won last season, I was really worried that the Starleague would end just like that. If Starleague started again right away, I would have carried that momentum and would have done even better in Proleague. The little gap was disappointing, but I'm proud of myself for overcoming this gap and climbing up to the finals. Starleague is the tournament where I had my dreams during my life as a Progamer. The first match I watched on TV was a Starleague game. When MyCube RO8 and RO4 was in Pusan, I went to the outdoor match and watched it live. Starleague is an entity that grew my dreams.

Q: Is there anything else you want to say?
▶ I want to thank the Zergs on my team. (Z)RorO, (Z)Shine, (Z)Juni, Kang Min Soo, and playing coach (Z)oDin. I'm also thankful to Coach Oh and Coach Choi, and our manager. If a lot of fans show up to the finals like last time, I feel like I will play just as well as I did in JinAir Starleague and win. I hope a lot of you come. I'm really thankful to the fans who came to the matches today. And it's not like great games are created just by myself, so while I'm sorry that I won, I'm really thankful to Zero for creating these great matches with me. It feels like I'm killing him twice [laugh]

sickkungen
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden179 Posts
July 10 2012 14:36 GMT
#2
I'm sorry for being offtopic. But do you know why one of the commentators started crying during game 3/4? Can't remember which one. Did he explain himself?
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
July 10 2012 14:37 GMT
#3
Lol @ Flash > Fantasy Comment.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 10 2012 14:37 GMT
#4
On July 10 2012 23:36 sickkungen wrote:
I'm sorry for being offtopic. But do you know why one of the commentators started crying during game 3/4? Can't remember which one. Did he explain himself?


apparently the fact that this was the last starleague was hitting him pretty hard
syst
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
United States247 Posts
July 10 2012 14:38 GMT
#5
Thank you for the translation, Milkis!
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
July 10 2012 14:39 GMT
#6
I've only seen about 10 BW games, but I am already a Jangbi fan.
sickkungen
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden179 Posts
July 10 2012 14:40 GMT
#7
On July 10 2012 23:37 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 23:36 sickkungen wrote:
I'm sorry for being offtopic. But do you know why one of the commentators started crying during game 3/4? Can't remember which one. Did he explain himself?


apparently the fact that this was the last starleague was hitting him pretty hard

Thank you
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
July 10 2012 20:12 GMT
#8
On July 10 2012 23:39 SeaSwift wrote:
I've only seen about 10 BW games, but I am already a Jangbi fan.

May i recommend the previous starleague final along with his previous Ro8 vs flash then/ro4 vs soo then, good sir?
In the woods, there lurks..
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
July 10 2012 20:26 GMT
#9
Thank you for translating.

"It's really disappointing and sad that a game that I liked so much is leaving. Even when StarCraft 1 ends, I'll be going to PC Bangs every now and then to play StarCraft 1. StarCraft 1 is really the best game. I've been realizing once again how difficult StarCraft 1 was as I play StarCraft 2. It's an honor to be participating in the last StarCraft 1 Starleague."

I wonder who will say this about StarCraft 2 in 2022.

This semi was really worth a final starleague.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
July 10 2012 20:28 GMT
#10
On July 11 2012 05:26 prplhz wrote:
Thank you for translating.

"It's really disappointing and sad that a game that I liked so much is leaving. Even when StarCraft 1 ends, I'll be going to PC Bangs every now and then to play StarCraft 1. StarCraft 1 is really the best game. I've been realizing once again how difficult StarCraft 1 was as I play StarCraft 2. It's an honor to be participating in the last StarCraft 1 Starleague."

I wonder who will say this about StarCraft 2 in 2022.

This semi was really worth a final starleague.

guess the final will be worth 10 finals. i hope they dont dissapoint us.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
empty.bottle
Profile Joined July 2009
685 Posts
July 10 2012 21:26 GMT
#11
On July 11 2012 05:26 prplhz wrote:
Thank you for translating.

"It's really disappointing and sad that a game that I liked so much is leaving. Even when StarCraft 1 ends, I'll be going to PC Bangs every now and then to play StarCraft 1. StarCraft 1 is really the best game. I've been realizing once again how difficult StarCraft 1 was as I play StarCraft 2. It's an honor to be participating in the last StarCraft 1 Starleague."

I wonder who will say this about StarCraft 2 in 2022.

This semi was really worth a final starleague.


I don't think they'll make it past 2016
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM627
TKL 206
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 543
ByuN 218
TKL 196
ProTech157
UpATreeSC 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29619
Calm 3274
Shuttle 1639
Jaedong 1015
Horang2 515
Mini 509
Soulkey 220
Rush 199
ZerO 156
firebathero 112
[ Show more ]
Snow 102
Mind 73
Zeus 68
hero 52
Shine 46
Hyun 36
Free 35
Sharp 26
sorry 26
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 20
PianO 20
Trap 20
Killer 19
Bale 18
JYJ 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Rock 13
Sexy 12
HiyA 11
Sacsri 9
Hm[arnc] 9
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6473
Dendi1414
League of Legends
KnowMe29
Counter-Strike
fl0m3824
Fnx 543
x6flipin332
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
ChuDatz33
Other Games
singsing1963
Liquid`RaSZi1450
Beastyqt556
ceh9495
Khaldor305
crisheroes260
dupreeh243
C9.Mang0237
Livibee203
420jenkins202
IndyStarCraft 119
QueenE101
Trikslyr92
Dewaltoss67
JuggernautJason6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 11
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3452
• WagamamaTV593
League of Legends
• Nemesis2475
• TFBlade484
Other Games
• Shiphtur785
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 14m
INu's Battles
18h 14m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 14m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.