• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

The Swedish Brood War Initiative - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
May 08 2012 17:21 GMT
#81
Well put me down as a future member (whatever that means :D) - ill be turning 25 this summer so might not be eligable? Anyhow ill look into this more when school is done. Cheers for the great effort Jävlaterran!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
May 08 2012 23:31 GMT
#82
I've PM'd you some info. Future member means that you wish to join. Real member means that you've submitted your personal information for the registration. Being 25 is not a problem, plus we can always register you before turning 25.
Need a light?
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
May 09 2012 04:08 GMT
#83
Is it possible to donate or help even though I'm in the US?
Master Chief
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
May 09 2012 04:29 GMT
#84
holy shit i want to move to sweden D:

i might not have money, but i will truly support in watching and cheering and advertising your tournaments the best i can D:<

ill be closely watching this!!
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
May 09 2012 07:12 GMT
#85
"Brood Bar"

Absolute genius!
Hello World!
SKDN
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden243 Posts
May 09 2012 07:34 GMT
#86
Sounds very good!
Sweetfrost
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden213 Posts
May 09 2012 08:16 GMT
#87
I'm guessing you get the money from Sverok. In that case all members most be registered and attend the yearly meeting. You think you can get everyone to come? Or mabye you can host it over skype?
Before practice, we ate Kimchi soup made my MMA. His cooking has made me so depressed that I think we may lose GSTL." -Miya
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
May 09 2012 08:20 GMT
#88
@BWalma
There's info about it in the thread under one of the spoilers. Foreigners can be members or simply donors if they like. However the state of Sweden will not give us extra funding for those people. I will first and foremost create the organization in Sweden, then I'll post the required info in the thread for foreign donors. Any size of donation will be possible. The only difference between a member and a donor is that we'll keep you in the loop of the organization and that you'll have the possibility to participate in decision making or meetings or so (prob. skype). It might be a simple way for people around the world to know that their donation, no matter the size, will not be a part of corruption etc. since that would be illegal and under severe scrutiny.
Need a light?
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
May 09 2012 13:40 GMT
#89
On May 09 2012 17:20 Jaevlaterran wrote:
@BWalma
There's info about it in the thread under one of the spoilers. Foreigners can be members or simply donors if they like. However the state of Sweden will not give us extra funding for those people. I will first and foremost create the organization in Sweden, then I'll post the required info in the thread for foreign donors. Any size of donation will be possible. The only difference between a member and a donor is that we'll keep you in the loop of the organization and that you'll have the possibility to participate in decision making or meetings or so (prob. skype). It might be a simple way for people around the world to know that their donation, no matter the size, will not be a part of corruption etc. since that would be illegal and under severe scrutiny.



I just read it. That is fine. How to donate? I'd be willing to give like 7 - 10 USD per month but how do I donate / become member?
Master Chief
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
May 09 2012 14:33 GMT
#90
Wow this is why Broodwar is epic :D
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
sCCrooked
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1306 Posts
May 09 2012 14:34 GMT
#91
I think we just communicate with one of the leaders to set up the regularly-occuring transaction. This is a wonderful initiative. Once I am a bit more settled I will most certainly be donating a healthy amount to this organization. The first scene was fan-created and funded before becoming the well-organized and professional scene we saw happen in Korea. Don't see why we can't do that again.
Enlightened in an age of anti-intellectualism and quotidian repetitiveness of asinine assumptive thinking. Best lycan guide evar --> "Fixing solo queue all pick one game at a time." ~KwarK-
RageCommodore
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany912 Posts
May 09 2012 14:54 GMT
#92
I just came in here to say that what you're doing is freaking awesome. I really hope this project succeeds
BW: sGs.sTaRfaLL SC2: MarojiN | fan of: Darkforce, DBS, Last, Mvp, BoguS/InnoVatioN | Executer vs Choosy on Gladiator - Never forget T-T
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
May 09 2012 16:09 GMT
#93
Sounds cool.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 09 2012 16:13 GMT
#94
On May 10 2012 01:09 Zoler wrote:
Sounds cool.

Cool enough for you to sign up. Gogo.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 16:17:58
May 09 2012 16:16 GMT
#95
Thanks everyone! Let's remember that sceptics will be dealt with as peasants would with a witch during the medieval times.

On May 09 2012 17:16 Sweetfrost wrote:
I'm guessing you get the money from Sverok. In that case all members most be registered and attend the yearly meeting. You think you can get everyone to come? Or mabye you can host it over skype?


1. "I'm guessing you get the money from Sverok."
Did you even read my post? I confirm this several times with a link too.

2. "In that case all members most be registered and attend the yearly meeting."
Of course they need to be registered (lol?), read under members on that. How can you post the underlined part as if you knew it? I happen to know that what you are posting, is a LIE. Do you do this in your real life too? Tell your professor that you know he/she's wrong, without you actually knowing anything?

Quoted from the SveRok's guide to Founding/Yearly Meetings.
"Årsmöte behöver inte vara välbesökt för att vara giltigt. I praktiken är det giltigt även om det bara kommer en enda medlem."

SveRok's Guide to a Founding Meeting

For english speakers the quote says something like this:
A yearly meeting (or founding meeting) does not have to be well-attended to be valid. In practice it is valid, even if only one member shows up.

Comprehende? Being Swedish and posting stuff like that as the first post is quite sad actually.
1. Read my whole post.
2. Don't lie on forums. Whether done conciously or not, it is very easy to either double check first or for others to double check after, and see that what you're saying is false.
3. Join the inititative.
4. Don't be a sceptic. Have some faith, trust or just reason. A person being this active is not just a troll. I promise.
Need a light?
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 16:23:53
May 09 2012 16:21 GMT
#96
@BWalma
We need to found the organization on a meeting first. On that meeting we'll sign up for a bank account. When the account is done, I'll post the actual account number and all here.

Right now I'm trying to collect as many members as I can before the meeting.
Need a light?
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
May 09 2012 16:33 GMT
#97
On May 10 2012 01:21 Jaevlaterran wrote:
@BWalma
We need to found the organization on a meeting first. On that meeting we'll sign up for a bank account. When the account is done, I'll post the actual account number and all here.

Right now I'm trying to collect as many members as I can before the meeting.


You can count on me being a memento if possible. I was not quite sure if I can be a "member" side I'm a foreigner. Where ever you need me I'll try to help support! Also you can make my name Fitz instead of bwalma
Master Chief
Heathen
Profile Joined January 2011
Philippines351 Posts
May 09 2012 16:56 GMT
#98
I hope you succeed in this. Good Luck
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
May 09 2012 17:08 GMT
#99
Just talked to SveRok, the organization that would give us funding. They loved the idea
Need a light?
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
May 09 2012 17:13 GMT
#100
Sweden is such a cool country!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM393
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 393
ByuN 260
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko300
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM211
hiko187
Pyrionflax173
Livibee150
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV449
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 28m
The PondCast
21h 28m
INu's Battles
22h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.