• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:39
CEST 17:39
KST 00:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10945 users

MBCGame: In Memoriam - Page 29

Forum Index > BW General
813 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 41 Next All
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
February 01 2012 07:02 GMT
#561
On February 01 2012 15:59 KivTM wrote:
I cant see game 1 from the top 25 (screen not wide enough or something). can someone tell which one it is so I can find it on youtube?


It's free vs HiyA @ Triathlon
ॐ
buscettn
Profile Joined April 2009
Austria129 Posts
February 01 2012 07:09 GMT
#562
Good Bye MBC Game...
Thank you for the many many hours of high level entertainment you gave me.
I'm glad that I was able to attend at least one MSL Finals...
[image loading]
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
February 01 2012 07:13 GMT
#563
I want 2006 back
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
February 01 2012 07:18 GMT
#564
Holy hell what a nostalgia bomb. RIP MSL

Sidenote: What a seriously mind-blowing article, extremely well done the lot of you that put it together!
DoA
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)599 Posts
February 01 2012 07:19 GMT
#565
Although I admit I never was able to follow Brood War with the passion and longevity that most of you were able enough to enjoy, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend the MSL in it's last season on several occasions while I was in Korea for the GSL. It was only about a 10 minute subway trip from the GOM house and we went pretty regularly.

Having played SC and SC:BW daily with friends since the very beginning it was an amazing experience getting to see it played at such an unbelievable level by some of the best. The "Group of Death" day (Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Sea) stands out in my mind especially. I remember that GOMtv wasn't happy with Torch and the rest of us going at the time since at that point, KESPA was still battling Blizzard over the legality of everything, but we found it impossible to resist. How could we not go?! (Unfortunately the camera people found white dudes impossible to resist as well and we were never able to stay completely incognito. hehe) Going with Moletrap the first time to see Stork play was pretty unforgettable as well. Having Moletrap next to me screaming in his Moletrap voice "I LOVE YOU STORK!" and then having Stork walk up and give him the shirt he just signed was one of the most truly awesome and hilarious things I've witnessed.

The crowds in that studio really were amazing crowds too. While I think we'll get there with SC2, I haven't quite gotten the same chills as I did when the fans would go insane at a glimpse of Flash walking behind his booth. The level of craziness in that tiny studio was always off the chart.

Farewell MBC. I feel like you were a friend that I never got to know as well as I'd have liked to.
I cast, therefore I am.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
February 01 2012 07:23 GMT
#566
Oh man, just finished reading/ watching all that. That's so well done. I never realized how fortunate I was to be introduced to the proleagues in 07 during the 6 Dragon's. I wish I had known about it earlier to have experienced so much more. I really will miss the MSL.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
February 01 2012 07:26 GMT
#567
Watching the top 25 games is a great experience; currently watching #20 (bisu vs jaedong). Man it's hard not to think about the elephant in the room...
o choro é livre
Vorosh
Profile Joined December 2009
United States24 Posts
February 01 2012 07:35 GMT
#568
This is such a beautiful send off. Thank you to all the writers that were involved. The MSL has been such a part of our lives for so long, and you gave it the respect it deserves.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
February 01 2012 07:39 GMT
#569
On February 01 2012 16:09 buscettn wrote:
Good Bye MBC Game...
Thank you for the many many hours of high level entertainment you gave me.
I'm glad that I was able to attend at least one MSL Finals...
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Can I ask which MSL final this is? It looks like Bigfile, but it's a little hard to tell.
Writer:o
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
February 01 2012 07:40 GMT
#570
Seriously, Free versus Hiya? Two players who have never won squat? MSL had some of the best story lines associated with it, I swore the number 1 game had to be one related to MSL's history.

SC2's killing me. That game does not cut it for me.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
February 01 2012 07:40 GMT
#571
a fitting farewell, beuatifully written and illistrated. Well done TL : )
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51537 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-01 08:17:33
February 01 2012 07:44 GMT
#572
On February 01 2012 16:40 thunk wrote:
Seriously, Free versus Hiya? Two players who have never won squat? MSL had some of the best story lines associated with it, I swore the number 1 game had to be one related to MSL's history.

SC2's killing me. That game does not cut it for me.


did you read the description.

in the end its broodwar that ties it all together, that was the best brood war the MSL has ever seen.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
sebsejr
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
213 Posts
February 01 2012 07:48 GMT
#573
I never really got to know you MBC, but farewell nonetheless. You were loved by many
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
February 01 2012 07:49 GMT
#574
43:05 of #3 is one of my most favorite moments in any BW game... really highlights Flash's ability to surprise.
6581
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
February 01 2012 07:49 GMT
#575
On February 01 2012 16:26 Al Bundy wrote:
Watching the top 25 games is a great experience; currently watching #20 (bisu vs jaedong). Man it's hard not to think about the elephant in the room...

I was thinking the same thing as I watched that VOD, such a great game
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
February 01 2012 07:56 GMT
#576
Much love for MBCgame. I don't even want to speculate how much time I spent watching that excellent channel. Something very very special has been lost.

Who knows. They might be back someday...

<3W
nerium
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Philippines512 Posts
February 01 2012 07:56 GMT
#577
Damn! Sad to see MBCGame go like this, but on the lighter side, this is a sick tribute! I was there when Savior started tearing things apart (and inspired me to play zerg too since I play terran before) and from then on started watching every MSL tournament by heart

Farewell MBCGame, you'll be missed.
Lulz is a corrupted version of LOL
boyle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States134 Posts
February 01 2012 08:19 GMT
#578
thanks for the gts
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 01 2012 08:25 GMT
#579
Oh gosh...... this..... write up..... tore me apart......

WE LOVE YOU MBC GAME!!!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Fedex
Profile Joined November 2010
United States28 Posts
February 01 2012 08:28 GMT
#580
This was an absolutely incredible write-up.

I didn't know about pro-BW until SC2, I only played UMS games in BW (less than 40 hours total probably), and I don't actually play SC2 now, I just love this community and really enjoy watching the occasional VOD, Daily, or stream.

But now, having read this, I really feel like I missed out on something special. Apart from the excellent style (seriously, whoever wrote the descriptions for the top 25 has a way with words), you guys really captured the...essence of MBCGame, and of BW.

It's late, I've had classes all day and closed my bar tonight so I'm fried, and I don't know if my real message came across:

Thank you
Stay classy
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1136
Mini 933
Soma 605
actioN 540
Rush 383
Light 362
ggaemo 362
Larva 287
Stork 258
Horang2 252
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 203
hero 198
Barracks 134
Killer 112
firebathero 105
Shine 103
Aegong 99
Dewaltoss 99
Sea.KH 76
Zeus 74
Sexy 41
Shinee 39
Sharp 36
JYJ 36
soO 31
ToSsGirL 29
Liquid`Ret 25
sorry 24
Bale 20
zelot 18
Rock 17
Trap 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7782
qojqva1937
Dendi797
420jenkins158
Counter-Strike
fl0m1001
Fnx 773
x6flipin485
edward59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1483
B2W.Neo937
Khaldor676
byalli555
Lowko366
Mlord296
Liquid`VortiX180
DeMusliM179
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS120
Trikslyr42
BRAT_OK 8
Railgan6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH182
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2522
• Jankos1818
• TFBlade711
Other Games
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 21m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.