• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10289 users

I'd like to apologize to the Foreign BW community.

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
NotJumperer
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States1371 Posts
December 11 2011 16:10 GMT
#1
--- Nuked ---
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
December 11 2011 16:11 GMT
#2
Now I feel bad
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
December 11 2011 16:27 GMT
#3
uhh, don't feel too bad on yourself man. Hope u'll get better.
I hate all this singing
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 16:28:32
December 11 2011 16:27 GMT
#4
I wouldn't worry about it man, you stepped up when the team needed you (Gotunk arrived late, Koll didn't want to play the map, and the circumstances you mentioned made you a good candidate indeed) - you shouldn't feel bad about not being able to kill the guy who went on to all-kill the entire foreign all-stars team. I understand it can be very frustrating to not play up to your potential, and it's something for which it can be hard to forgive yourself, but I'm sure everybody else forgave you already.

I'm more upset about the league format being single-elimination, it was a great and unique experience to root for a foreigner team. Here's to hoping we'll get invited to more such events in the future!
BW fighting!
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
December 11 2011 16:28 GMT
#5
Nah your condition wasn't 100% and a korean is a korean. Shit happens all the time.
ggaemo fan
ExceeD_DreaM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada500 Posts
December 11 2011 16:31 GMT
#6
Seeing how that random dude all killed the team (As I have said million times would happen...), i don't think bringing A game would have helped much either. He certainly wasn't a 1300 Terran. So don't feel too bad and take it as a lesson learned! You know, success sprouts from mistakes.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
December 11 2011 16:31 GMT
#7
I think you are being way harder on yourself than anyone else is. Shit happens. Lesson learned. Apply it next time you get a chance. Don't be so dramatic.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
December 11 2011 16:34 GMT
#8
On December 12 2011 01:10 Jumperer wrote:
I couldn't sleep so I have to write this thread expressing my feelings and thoughts regarding the recent Super Clan League shellacking.

First of all, I'm very sorry for my terrible performance. Looking back, I shouldn't have played at all. I did not really practice for this tournament given how the game starts at 4 A.M. my time. In fact, I didn't even remember it was today.

So why did I played? Well, here is the story. I randomly logs on TL.net at 4 AM and saw that sayle was streaming the event. I saw a korean terran barely beating the hungarian zerg god sziky. The next map was on bloody ridge. Game/pholon was going to send koll however koll doesn't want to play bloody ridge. So I asked the team organizer if I could play and they gave me a go. My condition wasn't 100%. Hell, it was probably not even 80%. However, I'm not the type of person to back down from any challenges. PvT is by far my best matchup, I routinely destroy 1300+ T koreans on fish early game, mid game, late game, it doesn't matter.

I knew I wasn't feeling that well, but I just came straight off an epic gambit cup victory so my confidence was high. I intended to cheese the hell out of this terran by doing the build Stork did against Flash. I thought that as long as I could micro and hit 4d5d6d7d then I could win. How hard could it be? Dragoon is my second favorite unit and it's the unit that I control the best out of all the units in starcraft.

Unexpectedly, I was extremely nervous at the beginning of the game and all throughout. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. I spoke on a stage in front of 200 people before and I wasn't nervous. I played for the USA national team, no nerve. I played the ace match for gambit cup after my team came back from 0-3 down and I wasn't nervous.

But this game wasn't just for me. This game wasn't just for a team. This game wasn't just for the entire nation. It's bigger than that. Here I am representing the entire foreigner scene. Past, present, and future. I also took someone's spot, someone who probably practiced their ass off for this tournament. That adds to the pressure. I was selected to show the koreans what the non koreans are capable off. These games are bigger than the ISL finals because you are in a situation and in a game where it could possibly never happen again. To understand how big this series was. Well, there was no team, there was no race, there was no nationality. EVERYONE IS UNITED AS ONE AND EVERYONE WANTS YOU TO WIN. There was no zerg whining about storm. no sas player rooting against LRM player. This is the followship of the ring and we are here to destroys the damn ring.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize how big the game really is until it started. My condition was poor and my hands were shaking. I skipped pylons, I skipped probes, I skipped units. 3 of my goons freezed when I attacked. I had no multitask ability. My goons melt and I left the game.

I've never felt so angry at myself for playing so poorly. I let not only myself down, but EVERYONE. The team had great momentum from sziky's games and I sapped everything out of it. and for that, I'd like to apologize to everyone, especially bakuryu who didn't even get to play and sayle for having to cast the terrible game.

As a result, I'm taking 2 weeks break from SC. This defeat was painful for me personally and I'm going to need sometime to recover from it. once again I'm truly sorry for letting everyone down.


You shouldn't be hard on yourself jumperer , you thought you can lend in your experience and skills and yet thing's didn't go the way you wanted and stuff like that happen's . Please do not feel that you have disappointed the whole foreign community as we are not here to judge you , but i will be disappointed if you don't come back after the second week from your break as I expect you to dominate again .

Please come back stronger jumperer , if you want to do it do it for yourself and when you think about it that way, some how you will find that you are much more stronger in executing the thing's that you want to do rather than having the whole weight of foreign community on your shoulder..
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
December 11 2011 16:34 GMT
#9
dont be so hard on yourself. keep you head up and just think that you can beat anyone in your path. its ok man, really, dont beat yourself up.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
LRM)nOoNe
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States231 Posts
December 11 2011 16:36 GMT
#10
2 weeks break... usa has nation wars quarterfinals yo...
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
December 11 2011 16:37 GMT
#11
1. Shit happens, 2.Koreans are Koreans,even if you won that game they would have won 100%, 3.Again,shit happens,just move on and don`t think about it.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
December 11 2011 16:38 GMT
#12
Don't beat yourself up. You even made him build two rax the next game. We'll do better next time!
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
December 11 2011 16:42 GMT
#13
You messed up, don't make it bigger than it already is. (for the community and for yourself)
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51543 Posts
December 11 2011 16:46 GMT
#14
don't beat yourself up, you'll do better the next time opportunity presents itself.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
LML
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Germany1794 Posts
December 11 2011 16:48 GMT
#15
poor jumper>_>'
don't be so harsh, and don't stop for 2weeks, what..?
LML
Bakuryu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany1065 Posts
December 11 2011 16:56 GMT
#16
dont worry about me not playing^^ atleast u got experience. next time u win ^^
DyEnasTy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3720 Posts
December 11 2011 16:58 GMT
#17
Dude you gotta take this loss in stride and learn from it. Didnt play your best? ok. Let everyone down? ok. Learn from whatever mistakes you made and make yourself stronger.

Dont beat yourself up unnecessarily from this.
Much better to die an awesome Terran than to live as a magic wielding fairy or a mindless sac of biological goop. -Manifesto7
RUCoordinator
Profile Joined September 2011
United States39 Posts
December 11 2011 16:58 GMT
#18
Instead of taking a break for 2 weeks, train for 2 weeks like you've never trained before ^^ Basically you're saying:

"Everyone saw me try to climb this wall but I fell off half-way because I was so sweaty from the stress. I am sorry for letting everyone down, and to punish myself I will not practice wall-climbing for 2 weeks."

That makes no sense! You should be climbing that wall over and over again until you can leap over it in one jump and shit on it in the process. Then you come back 2 weeks later and play and rape FACE ^^
I'm on the Internet cause I'm an Internet thug.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
December 11 2011 16:59 GMT
#19
I got scared for a moment that this was going to be a "I'm sorry for match fixing" post. Don't worry about it, Koreans are good. You'll get em next time. [image loading]
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
December 11 2011 17:11 GMT
#20
Dont let it get to you and dont beat yourself up for it, I know it feels better but in the end it doesn't help at all.

In the woods, there lurks..
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings41
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 25m
Stellar Fest
1h 25m
OSC
12h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.