• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12034 users

[G] Beginner's Guide to BW - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
L3o
Profile Joined August 2011
United States28 Posts
February 14 2012 03:59 GMT
#101
On February 13 2012 14:53 Tomba wrote:
How do you deal with mouse sensitivity in bw? When i enter broodwar and start playing the sensitivity is so high cos the resolution is so low. It makes it REALLY hard to play both BW and other games.

I play with acceleration off and 6/11 in windows and 1200 dpi on mouse. Do you just change the dpi and get a different sensitivity or is there some kinda chart that shows how much 1200 dpi is equally in bw resolution or something?

It's okay if you play in windowmode but everything is so small then...


In game, basically just start a random custom game vs a comp and you'll see mouse sens under options, play around to your heart's content.

On February 13 2012 15:18 klibrt wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked but... I use a Windows 7 HP laptop and... when I run BW... the loading screen comes up as grainy black/white/grey and then a black screen comes up. I can hear the buttons selecting, like if I press M for multiplayer, it goes there, but the screen stays black.... how do I fix this? I can't play BW...


Give a quick google or TL search, windows 7 is known to have color issues with bw.
Devote each day to the object then in time and every evening will find something done.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
February 14 2012 04:08 GMT
#102
On February 14 2012 12:59 L3o wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 14:53 Tomba wrote:
How do you deal with mouse sensitivity in bw? When i enter broodwar and start playing the sensitivity is so high cos the resolution is so low. It makes it REALLY hard to play both BW and other games.

I play with acceleration off and 6/11 in windows and 1200 dpi on mouse. Do you just change the dpi and get a different sensitivity or is there some kinda chart that shows how much 1200 dpi is equally in bw resolution or something?

It's okay if you play in windowmode but everything is so small then...


In game, basically just start a random custom game vs a comp and you'll see mouse sens under options, play around to your heart's content.

Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 15:18 klibrt wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked but... I use a Windows 7 HP laptop and... when I run BW... the loading screen comes up as grainy black/white/grey and then a black screen comes up. I can hear the buttons selecting, like if I press M for multiplayer, it goes there, but the screen stays black.... how do I fix this? I can't play BW...


Give a quick google or TL search, windows 7 is known to have color issues with bw.


i think he means cursor sensitivity. to change cursor sensitivity, use a chaos launcher you can alt tab in and out while adjusting to get your perfect cursor speed. google chaos launcher
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
February 14 2012 15:01 GMT
#103
Actually, the iCCup launcher has the chaos plugin. Just open the settings and change your mouse sensitivity there - it changes your sensitivity just in BW, not in windows. For screen scroll sensitivity (mouse/keyboard), you can change it in the in game menu.

StarCraft tab in iCCup launcher -> Turn on Chaos Plugin and Latency Changer -> Settings... next to Chaos plugin -> Mouse tab -> Use different mousespeed in StarCraft -> find the sensitivity that you're ok with, usually it's better to have lower than too high sensitivity
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
aka600
Profile Joined April 2010
United States12 Posts
February 14 2012 16:22 GMT
#104
Ok so I have downloaded this client and played about 10 games. Now I ask myself why even bother? I've played this game many many years ago and was halfway decent at it too. I now play SC2. My problem is the ladder system. In sc2 it matches you up with someone your skill level or close to it. On BW although there might not be so many returning new players most of the players are 10 times better than you, so you will get stomped over and over again. Maybe If I buy the full version atleast i can switch around to the different servers and maybe find some new returning players? I love BW as I did those years ago, but must I really spend X amount of hours practicing/watching replays to even win 1 measly game?
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
February 14 2012 16:34 GMT
#105
On February 15 2012 01:22 aka600 wrote:
Ok so I have downloaded this client and played about 10 games. Now I ask myself why even bother? I've played this game many many years ago and was halfway decent at it too. I now play SC2. My problem is the ladder system. In sc2 it matches you up with someone your skill level or close to it. On BW although there might not be so many returning new players most of the players are 10 times better than you, so you will get stomped over and over again. Maybe If I buy the full version atleast i can switch around to the different servers and maybe find some new returning players? I love BW as I did those years ago, but must I really spend X amount of hours practicing/watching replays to even win 1 measly game?

That's a really good question. My suggestion is to play some fun/casual maps instead of laddering. I played BW for about 4 years online before playing a single ladder game and I had loads of fun. And to be honest, I still after all this time don't really have fun laddering. Maybe try some team games.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Pelopidas
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada225 Posts
February 14 2012 17:13 GMT
#106
On February 13 2012 15:18 klibrt wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked but... I use a Windows 7 HP laptop and... when I run BW... the loading screen comes up as grainy black/white/grey and then a black screen comes up. I can hear the buttons selecting, like if I press M for multiplayer, it goes there, but the screen stays black.... how do I fix this? I can't play BW...


If you have an ATI graphics card try switching to the power saving card in power express. You could also try windowed mode.
Esports killed Starcraft
cydial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States750 Posts
February 14 2012 18:07 GMT
#107
Can anyone tell me the korean equivalent to team liquid please?
Tomba
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 17:33:24
February 20 2012 17:32 GMT
#108
On February 14 2012 13:08 Golgotha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 12:59 L3o wrote:
On February 13 2012 14:53 Tomba wrote:
How do you deal with mouse sensitivity in bw? When i enter broodwar and start playing the sensitivity is so high cos the resolution is so low. It makes it REALLY hard to play both BW and other games.

I play with acceleration off and 6/11 in windows and 1200 dpi on mouse. Do you just change the dpi and get a different sensitivity or is there some kinda chart that shows how much 1200 dpi is equally in bw resolution or something?

It's okay if you play in windowmode but everything is so small then...


In game, basically just start a random custom game vs a comp and you'll see mouse sens under options, play around to your heart's content.

On February 13 2012 15:18 klibrt wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been asked but... I use a Windows 7 HP laptop and... when I run BW... the loading screen comes up as grainy black/white/grey and then a black screen comes up. I can hear the buttons selecting, like if I press M for multiplayer, it goes there, but the screen stays black.... how do I fix this? I can't play BW...


Give a quick google or TL search, windows 7 is known to have color issues with bw.


i think he means cursor sensitivity. to change cursor sensitivity, use a chaos launcher you can alt tab in and out while adjusting to get your perfect cursor speed. google chaos launcher


Thanks for the tip, already had chaos launcher, never seen that option tho! worked very well.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
February 20 2012 18:38 GMT
#109
On February 15 2012 03:07 cydial wrote:
Can anyone tell me the korean equivalent to team liquid please?


i think it is playxp.com and fomos.kr

rupp_lekkens
Profile Joined February 2012
Chile64 Posts
February 20 2012 18:47 GMT
#110
Nice guide, very well explained, but... is there a way to play sc:bw with the original music? i downloaded the game from iccup and doesn't have it, please help

ps: sorry about my english
please correct me if I'm wrong in my english
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
February 23 2012 18:41 GMT
#111
On February 21 2012 03:47 rupp_lekkens wrote:
Nice guide, very well explained, but... is there a way to play sc:bw with the original music? i downloaded the game from iccup and doesn't have it, please help

ps: sorry about my english


You can always... find... the music and play it in a media player. Or use youtube playlists. Or buy the OST! (not sure if there is one or not).

Also, getting a legitimate version will have music playing normally.
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
February 23 2012 20:23 GMT
#112
Is there a posibility to play on ICCup while using the .bat file to fix the color issues ? because in the iccup launcher you can only choose the .exe file to launch the game.
love esports - hate homophobia
mmschocolate
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil20 Posts
February 24 2012 00:03 GMT
#113
There is another fix for the color issue

Run http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x86.reg if you're on 32-bit Windows; http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x64.reg if you're on 64-bit Wndows
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
February 24 2012 00:31 GMT
#114
On February 24 2012 09:03 mmschocolate wrote:
There is another fix for the color issue

Run http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x86.reg if you're on 32-bit Windows; http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x64.reg if you're on 64-bit Wndows

I don't think that works for localized versions of Windows and seeing that guy is from Germany, I'm pretty sure he has a German version of Windows so I doubt it'll work. You can still try though.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
SonOfBoxer
Profile Joined December 2011
Korea (South)62 Posts
February 24 2012 00:36 GMT
#115
Wow, thank Tassadar for this post O_o' I can't stand SC2 anymore, and wanted to give BW a new try, but I was having some serious trouble with W7. Thank you VERY MUCH ♥
No Pain, No Gain.
SockArms
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States591 Posts
February 24 2012 00:38 GMT
#116
hmmm iccup's website seems to be down for me and yes I checked on isitup all I wanted is the antihack and launcher stuff so I can play Q_Q
| Cloud9 | DK | Liquid |
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 06:15:11
February 25 2012 01:32 GMT
#117
On February 24 2012 09:03 mmschocolate wrote:
There is another fix for the color issue

Run http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x86.reg if you're on 32-bit Windows; http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraft/scbw116_x64.reg if you're on 64-bit Wndows

I remember these files fixing the color issues for me, but they seem to be down now. Does anyone have a copy of the 64-bit file I could get ahold of?

EDIT: The problem seems to be Firefox. Clicking on the links in Internet Explorer lets me download the files. I wonder what's wrong with Firefox...
HaFnium
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom1078 Posts
February 25 2012 02:00 GMT
#118
On February 24 2012 09:38 JPoPP wrote:
hmmm iccup's website seems to be down for me and yes I checked on isitup all I wanted is the antihack and launcher stuff so I can play Q_Q


Iccup site is routinely down at that time for me very day.
Try another time should be okay.
BW forever!
Jragon
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1471 Posts
February 25 2012 02:15 GMT
#119
Neat guide, thanks
"Bisu is just too good." - Jaedong (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=218995) "Bisu hyung's play is just too good" - Flash (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225861)
Iri
Profile Joined January 2010
150 Posts
February 26 2012 18:25 GMT
#120
I'm trying to watch Stylish's FPVoDs and the audio is so broken up that I can't actually listen to them. Is this an issue with the VoDs, or just me?
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 659
XcaliburYe179
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister705
ceh9503
Happy276
Livibee166
Mew2King81
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH375
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.