• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9061 users

sGs New Player/Low Level Clan

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 18:26:00
October 07 2011 04:51 GMT
#1
sGs Low Level Clan

Purpose of sGs: To provide newer players with a group of new players they can practice with and to have available more experienced players that can coach and advise them as desired. Also, to provide a little more of a social atmosphere and make trying/learning BW less of a cold, dark, ladder grind. The main nexus of this group is the skype group, if your really looking for an active bunch of good guys to play with I highly recommend joining that (PM L_Master with your skype name)

How do I Join?
• Go to iccup.com and create an account, have sGs in your name
• Head over to the team page here: http://www.iccup.com/teams/27072.html
• Select Join Team
• Congratulations, your now a member of sGs!

Where We Hang Out - You can find us in several places:
• op teamliquid – The official BW hangout for TL members. To get here just log into iccup and type /j op teamliquid
• Skype – We have a skype group where you can meet to chat, see if offline players wanna play, get game discussion going, etc.
• Webpage – Webpage for various clan activities, gatherings, and discussions: http://starcraftgenerations.webs.com/apps/forums/

Tips and Tricks:
• Want to see whos online – type /c o, this will display all online clanmates. Typing /c l will list ALL clanmates, online or not.
• Feel free to PM me of others on TL if you wanna play some practice games or just ask questions.

Basically sGs is the option for low level players, new BW players, people not used to BW switching from SC2 etc to gather and interact together and of course have opponents of similar skill to play. Eventually we want to have organized practice times where people can play together and have a coach with each practice group to help out if desired.

Stayed tuned as this project continues to expand and become more organized and awesome!

***sGs now has a skype group, and that really is the core of the clan! If your looking for the community, coaching, and general camaraderie that is the place to be. Not to mention that way if people want to talk to people to set up games or be able to discuss games much more easily you can do so. Given the nature of skype you have to be added to the group, so just PM me if you would like to be added***

NEW:
On January 23 2013 23:50 Jealous wrote:
Hello everyone. I will take over adding people to the sGs group. What you have to do is add me on Skype, my name there is "Korean Grandma" (without the quotation marks). In your message please specify that you want to be added to the sGs group.

If you have any issues, feel free to PM me your Skype name on TL and I will add you first.


EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
October 07 2011 05:45 GMT
#2
really cool! And anyone can join??

Awesome! I'm doing this right now!
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
October 07 2011 06:03 GMT
#3
Hi, hi! sGs.Nazza here. I don't hang out on iccup often because there aren't enough games/ppl on at my timezone at night. But feel free to find me on #teamliquidbw or if I'm streaming on my stream. Usually avail for practice games whenever.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
October 07 2011 06:06 GMT
#4
How's this going so far? I'm gonna grab sc and bw when I go home for break so I'm gonna try to get in on this if there's any interest/participation in this.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
GeneralissimoNero
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States236 Posts
October 07 2011 06:11 GMT
#5
I just joined. No idea what the hell I'm doing :D
I will cheer for a Slayers Terran over any other player.
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
October 07 2011 06:15 GMT
#6
Is there a way to add the clan tag to my name if I already have made an account on iccup?
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 06:20:03
October 07 2011 06:19 GMT
#7
I'm *interested* in playing, but I'm currently an SC2 player and.... a BW player that just plays with bots >_>.

I'll prob be devoting more of my time to SC2 but I'm interested in getting better at BW ^_^'''

.... so I guess I'll join o_o
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
October 07 2011 06:25 GMT
#8
On October 07 2011 15:19 zhurai wrote:
I'm *interested* in playing, but I'm currently an SC2 player and.... a BW player that just plays with bots >_>.

I'll prob be devoting more of my time to SC2 but I'm interested in getting better at BW ^_^'''

.... so I guess I'll join o_o


I played sc2 for about 6 months, then my laptop was in the shop so I could only play BW. When I got sc2 back my mechanics were 10x better.
I feel like playing both games is beneficial.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
GeneralissimoNero
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States236 Posts
October 07 2011 06:31 GMT
#9
So I'm on. Where are the rest of you? All these posts are recent. WHAT AM I DOING!??!?!?!
I will cheer for a Slayers Terran over any other player.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
October 07 2011 06:31 GMT
#10
On October 07 2011 15:06 Witten wrote:
How's this going so far? I'm gonna grab sc and bw when I go home for break so I'm gonna try to get in on this if there's any interest/participation in this.


Well, right now obviously everything is just getting off the ground, but I wanted to start spreading the word about this. We'll try to have some sort of activity here in the next 2 or 3 days.

And of course everyone can help by congregating in op teamliquid and making a point to play with fellow sGs members. Basically anyone with an sGs tag is either a new player wanting to learn, or someone a little better that is happy to help teach.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Leeoku
Profile Joined May 2010
1617 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 07:32:34
October 07 2011 07:32 GMT
#11
editnvm
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 08:10:31
October 07 2011 08:08 GMT
#12
Fuck it, I'll just get a new e-mail address and join the clan. There are a lot of great guys in it. Fabiano, Cocky, Thirdeye (the guy who I beat to get to D+), L_Master (who runs 100m in 13.18) and all other good guys.

On October 07 2011 15:31 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 15:06 Witten wrote:
How's this going so far? I'm gonna grab sc and bw when I go home for break so I'm gonna try to get in on this if there's any interest/participation in this.


Well, right now obviously everything is just getting off the ground, but I wanted to start spreading the word about this. We'll try to have some sort of activity here in the next 2 or 3 days.

My suggestion: MOTW Tournament in every week. Seems a little bit not-so-creative but it helps people learn maps quickly.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
Zero[1159]
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil101 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 08:37:35
October 07 2011 08:36 GMT
#13
UUUUh, nice =D.

Can I join?? Casual player, D+ Terran ^_^

Btw: What sGs means? =S

xD
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
October 07 2011 08:40 GMT
#14
On October 07 2011 17:36 Zero[1159] wrote:
UUUUh, nice =D.

Can I join?? Casual player, D+ Terran ^_^

Btw: What sGs means? =S

xD


hmm, I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to take a stab in the dark...

sGs= second generation starcrafters? XD
Formerly known as carbonaceous
Poetic[AoV]
Profile Joined November 2009
United Kingdom183 Posts
October 07 2011 09:23 GMT
#15
You should join iccup clan league - the other teams in div C are also quite low skill and it could be a good way to make things more exciting for new members if you have a match to play on the weekends.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
October 07 2011 09:28 GMT
#16
^^
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1733 Posts
October 07 2011 09:30 GMT
#17
On October 07 2011 18:23 Poetic[AoV] wrote:
You should join iccup clan league - the other teams in div C are also quite low skill and it could be a good way to make things more exciting for new members if you have a match to play on the weekends.

I agree with Poetic here. It can really inject another element into things for the new players.

GL guys, I think the timing is perfect to get this going again.
EleGant[AoV]
Mottz
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal101 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 09:36:42
October 07 2011 09:35 GMT
#18
Hey, Ive been following closely the Strengthening BW thread and i wanted to help as i could, i wanted to join the clan as a "teacher" but I am already a member of [MB] that is participating on CLaW, how does this rule:

3.4 Players may only be members of a single Clan; it is the Clan Leaders' duty to ensure that Players are not members of another Clan, no matter whether this other Clan plays in the Clan League or not.

apply to sGs?

It would be great if you, L_Master, could address this issue with an ICCup admin, as with would, in my opinion, increase the volume of players attending to sGs significantly.

Thank you.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
October 07 2011 09:51 GMT
#19
cool, i just applied! i'm obzen, looking forward to getting better!
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
October 07 2011 10:58 GMT
#20
only D+ protoss but this sounds cool. I'll join as I've been playing alone for pretty much my whole broodwar experience so far.
Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 852
BeSt 311
sorry 78
Mind 69
Soma 37
Bale 27
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
League of Legends
JimRising 649
Other Games
summit1g9234
Coldzera 721
WinterStarcraft684
C9.Mang0313
Sick201
febbydoto14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2205
Other Games
• Shiphtur866
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 1m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.